Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I don't even know how you could spin a resignation positively, but I'm sure that Trump could somehow do it and still have hordes of followers just begging to be hosed by the orange monster.

The real question I'm asking myself now though, is whether or not it's actually better to have this incompetent idiot in charge.

Because despite being in power for months now and having complete control of all branches of the government, they actually haven't achieved much.

And you sure as hell know that Pence would be a competent fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

The Iron Rose posted:

Because despite being in power for months now and having complete control of all branches of the government, they actually haven't achieved much.

And you sure as hell know that Pence would be a competent fucker.

That's the terrifying part considering Pence's uh... extreme religious views. On the other hand, as someone who doesn't live in the US and lives in a country bordering Russia, I'd much rather have Pence in charge of foreign policy than the orange trash goblin and his posse of idiots.

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Republicans probably aren't going to impeach Trump, so the best course of action might be to just use up all his time being embroiled in these scandals so he remains extremely unpopular, keeps infighting between Republicans constant, and is unable to pass major legislation. I'll support impeachment if it happens because it'll be severely damaging to the Republican Party and I don't know how much Pence could get done with that albatross around his neck.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'm just stunned that basically everything they were accusing Obama of is coming true

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Collect enough evidence of Russia to compel Trump to testify under oath in the Senate.

Watch him flail about on national television and commit perjury because he's a loving moron that can't keep his mouth shut.

Impeach him for committing perjury, like they did with Clinton.

Bing bong so simple.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Collect enough evidence of Russia to compel Trump to testify under oath in the Senate.

Watch him flail about on national television and commit perjury because he's a loving moron that can't keep his mouth shut.

Bing bong so simple.

Impeachment fails due to republican solidarity, nothing continues to matter

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I was about to say "Say what you will about the GOP, but at least they're a functioning political party" before I remembered the hilarious failure of the healthcare bill

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Iron Rose posted:

UMMMM

https://twitter.com/WestWingReport/status/847635937995612160

Who the gently caress knows if this will go anywhere but jfc.

Hearing lots of rumours about this now.

oh hey hes on morning joe a lot

lets see if he pops by

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Republicans won't impeach trump because the first republican president since the worst republican president getting impeached would be more embarrassing than you could imagine the health care bill fiasco being.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

There's no way the GOP impeaches their own.

They talking resignation?

Well, wouldn't be the first time...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Andrew_Johnson

Granted a lot of special circumstances around that one, but it *was* an instance of a bumbling moron getting into the presidency by accident and actively trying to burn down everything on the party's agenda.

And of course, even then the GOP was unsuccessful :unsmigghh:

edit - Johnson was followed by Grant, and for all that I would be down with President Mattis

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Happy Friday from Trumpie!!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/847766558520856578

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

Republicans won't impeach trump because the first republican president since the worst republican president getting impeached would be more embarrassing than you could imagine the health care bill fiasco being.

I just want them to open the blood gates by doing something to hurt Donnie Dumbfuck so his bruised ego compels him to whip the MAGA warrior teahadists into an absolute frenzy, only pointed at the entire Republican party for being impure. I really think the divisions are there to rip the party to shreds with very little pressure.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Wait does he understand what immunity is and why people ask for it

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

TBeats posted:

Wait does he understand what immunity is and why people ask for it

Lol what do you think

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Tillerson does not want to be secretary of state

Absolutely everything about this administration (except maybe General Mattis) is a complete dumpster fire. We haven't even had a real crisis yet, either national or international. I know this is terrible of me to say, but I look forward to seeing how Donnie Dumbfuck and his merry band of sycophants gently caress up. It will make Bush's handling of Katrina and the Iraq War look competent by comparison. Provided, of course, that said crises and resulting mis-management doesn't end up killing all of us.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Absolutely everything about this administration (except maybe General Mattis) is a complete dumpster fire. We haven't even had a real crisis yet, either national or international. I know this is terrible of me to say, but I look forward to seeing how Donnie Dumbfuck and his merry band of sycophants gently caress up. It will make Bush's handling of Katrina and the Iraq War look competent by comparison. Provided, of course, that said crises and resulting mis-management doesn't end up killing all of us.

I used to be incredibly anxious about all this poo poo, now I've accepted that I'm along for the ride and I hysterically laugh every time new levels of idiocy are achieved. It really is too bad for the actual people affected by poo poo policy, but nothing I can do but point and laugh at the stupid.

I mean, from National Security Advisor to requesting immunity in public during the span of three months? And one of his holdovers keeping special protection by the president and leaking top secret information likely under orders to an idiot congressman? All over Donnie Dunbfuck's stupid tweet? That's some good poo poo.

With a night's sleep on it, I don't think it's officially happening yet. Flynn might just be scared and have no actual story. But, I can definitely see it happening from here.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/status/847790067716427780

:getin:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Two Finger posted:

This has to be bullshit. Trump would never in a million years resign thereby admitting failure.

It's a trick to get "secret opponents" to reveal themselves. Like when the Air Force offered officers a chance to waive the rest of their active duty commitments and separate early, free and clear. Then rejected them after they submitted the paperwork through the chain, shining a bit spotlight on themselves for not being team players.

The Iron Rose posted:

I don't even know how you could spin a resignation positively,

"It's a tool, like the political version of bankruptcy! The best!"

Vasudus posted:

Bing bong so simple.

Except Clinton wasn't convicted, so it was basically like having his name written on the board instead of having any real consequences.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 31, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/MichaelBKelley/status/847814131357020160

General Misha. :laffo:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I don't think Trump's ego would allow him to resign...

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
:monocle: That's probably the most ridiculous thing that's come to light since Jan 20.

Edit: General Misha

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Meanwhile in Europe: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...eak_up_usa.html

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Good, both states suck.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The guy is a loving toothless blowhard. He spouts poo poo like that all the time and then Merkel and Hollande give his leash a yank.

He was the guy that said if we voted to leave the EU then there were no negotiations until we'd left. He got a call and told to retract it because it was riling the Brits in to voting leave.

I love to fantasize about the new EU army and Airforce invading Texas to support rebels and then getting wrecked by the National Guard without them even breaking a sweat.

Bernard McFacknutah fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Mar 31, 2017

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Just when you don't think you can get deeper down the Rabbit hole.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

The guy is a loving toothless blowhard. He spouts poo poo like that all the time and then Merkel and Hollande give his leash a yank.

He was the guy that said if we voted to leave the EU then there were no negotiations until we'd left. He got a call and told to retract it because it was riling the Brits in to voting leave.

I love to fantasize about the new EU army and Airforce invading Texas to support rebels and then getting wrecked by the National Guard without them even breaking a sweat.

Hey now, atleast the EU would have an aircraft carrier with actual fighter jets unlike you ingenious Brits.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
So will we...in 12-18 months...or as soon as the F-35B is able to fly.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

So will we...in 12-18 months...or as soon as the F-35B is able to fly.

Fly? Yes. Land? No.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
They will work just fine on the wooden decks of the carriers, yeah?

Speaking of current events and purchasing ships. Tabloids over here printing stories about the Royal Marines getting axed as a front-line service because our procurement is so loving poo poo that everything costs double and THEN we have to pay the Germans to fix it.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Kazinsal posted:

Broadcast intrusions into his Breitbart stream to make him think Fox And Friends want to implement Canada's public health system. Like the Max Headroom incident, but more psychological and less weird.
John Oliver came up with a way to do this. We know what TV shows he watches, so he bought ads to run during Trump's favorite shows that very specifically target Trump.

https://youtu.be/D9wI2cE72cw

https://youtu.be/04ZVkY13zGQ

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Speaking of current events and purchasing ships. Tabloids over here printing stories about the Royal Marines getting axed as a front-line service because our procurement is so loving poo poo that everything costs double and THEN we have to pay the Germans to fix it.

Wait, our own media here in Germany makes clear that our troops are a laughingstock, with terrible procurement and barely enough functioning equipment to take part in NATO maneuvers. Why would your marines need us to fix your stuff?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

So uh, what does that leave? The Royal Navy as I understand is also pretty much dog poo poo these days. The RAF is well, I guess sort of doing okay?

Torrannor posted:

Wait, our own media here in Germany makes clear that our troops are a laughingstock, with terrible procurement and barely enough functioning equipment to take part in NATO maneuvers. Why would your marines need us to fix your stuff?

German defense companies make some really good poo poo, though.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
We have a bit more information about the trail of bread crumbs that the Obama administration left behind.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/847843586955673600

Hand-delivering document numbers to the Senate Intel Committee. Sure sounds like they figured the House Intel Committee was compromised long ago.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Mike, did you get honeypotted? Be honest.

(Svetlana Lokhova)

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The Navy is doing okay, it has lots of new ships on the way although there are worries about keeping them at sea due to costs. People look at the pitifully small number of Surface combatants left and forget about the sizeable very modern subs that we do have.

The Air force is a bit hosed, it's running out of strike aircraft because the F-35 is no-where near ready to replace the ageing Tornado, we have no proper Maritime or Surveillance or AWACS aircraft left anymore since they shredded the Nimrod. The F-35 is so expensive that there are no major procurement's on the way.

The Army it's the same old, they have new IFV's on the way I think but the Cavalry regiments have been told that once the Challengers are retired there isn't going to be any more heavy armour. Recruitment is a problem and if Scatland leaves so do something like 30% of our recruits.

Twice in recent memory we have had to get H&K or Rhinemetall to fix our rifles and our tank guns because we hosed it up.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press briefing starts in about 10 minutes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Predicted spiciness level: Midwestern chili

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

The Navy is doing okay, it has lots of new ships on the way although there are worries about keeping them at sea due to costs. People look at the pitifully small number of Surface combatants left and forget about the sizeable very modern subs that we do have.

The Air force is a bit hosed, it's running out of strike aircraft because the F-35 is no-where near ready to replace the ageing Tornado, we have no proper Maritime or Surveillance or AWACS aircraft left anymore since they shredded the Nimrod. The F-35 is so expensive that there are no major procurement's on the way.

The Army it's the same old, they have new IFV's on the way I think but the Cavalry regiments have been told that once the Challengers are retired there isn't going to be any more heavy armour. Recruitment is a problem and if Scatland leaves so do something like 30% of our recruits.

Twice in recent memory we have had to get H&K or Rhinemetall to fix our rifles and our tank guns because we hosed it up.

The UK is running low on tanks and the US has storage depots full of them, which the army doesn't want or need.

In a sane world, these problems would solve each other.

Instead, America will buy even more tanks, because our Congress has been bought by General Dynamics.

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2016/02/11/ohio-wins-again-in-armys-budget-for-more-m1-abrams-tanks.html

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

http://i.imgur.com/blcSdEo.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yo, no offense, but Brits saying "Our Navy is doing okay" is like Germans saying "We have a military of no small relevance".

Torrannor posted:

Let's external-benchmark the Royal Marines, then back out and create a German branch of Marines.

But have them be part of the Streitkraeftebasis for comedy value.

• Locked thread