Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fumaofthelake posted:

There was a patch but I don't know what exactly was in it.

Framerate improvements apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Framerate improvements apparently

That's funny, I played for about 20 minutes this morning and it was probably the worst frame rates I've ever had in game. Combat on Death Mountain with lava flows probably a bad spot but I wonder if it was coincidence or if they managed to gently caress up the patch.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fumaofthelake posted:

That's funny, I played for about 20 minutes this morning and it was probably the worst frame rates I've ever had in game. Combat on Death Mountain with lava flows probably a bad spot but I wonder if it was coincidence or if they managed to gently caress up the patch.

that place doesnt do well in general lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

they called CHAPTER 3: PEACE the LEgend of Zelda: Breath of the WIld

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I should probably play this game more

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Where's a good place to get Hearty stuff

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

mycophobia posted:

Where's a good place to get Hearty stuff

i can't recall a specific place, but there's a lake shaped like a heart that apparently has a lot of it

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

klapman posted:

The one thing I don't like about the cooking is that *legitimate spoiler that will ruin cooking for you* Just cooking hearty foods alone will make food that fully heals you and adds additional hearts. It's really lame and I wish they hadn't done that, takes a lot of the fun out of it

Yoive cracked the code mate

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

If you zoom in far enough on the map you can see the heart shape iirc

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

i can't recall a specific place, but there's a lake shaped like a heart that apparently has a lot of it

I found that place and another place nearby that has like 18 durian fruits :hellyeah:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The heart lake quest was adorable

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mysterious loyall X posted:

The heart lake quest was adorable

this is the first time i've heard of such a quest, and despite being slightly spoiled as to its existence i couldn't be happier. it's like the Content never ends

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

Running around the desert at night I noticed by pure chance that when you have a Great Flameblade equipped it counts toward your temperature so you don't need any cold resistance gear on.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

i did the shrine in the cold area of the plateau by holding a torch cause i hadnt figured out cooking yet

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I shot a fire arrow at some bokoblins and started a grass fire, which set their clubs on fire, which meant every time they swung it started a new grass fire, and they repeatedly set themselves on fire until they died.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
eventide has a bunch of durians

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

P-Mack posted:

I shot a fire arrow at some bokoblins and started a grass fire, which set their clubs on fire, which meant every time they swung it started a new grass fire, and they repeatedly set themselves on fire until they died.
ah,..... the Brexit goblins.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Had another "whoa, that actually worked" moment last night that people will probably make fun of me for taking so long to figure out, but you can shoot rushrooms and swift violets off the sides of mountains to make collecting them much easier.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zas posted:

i did the shrine in the cold area of the plateau by holding a torch cause i hadnt figured out cooking yet

I did the same thing

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

Had another "whoa, that actually worked" moment last night that people will probably make fun of me for taking so long to figure out, but you can shoot rushrooms and swift violets off the sides of mountains to make collecting them much easier.

what

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bill Barber posted:

Goddamn

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Bill Barber posted:

:stare:

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Bill Barber posted:

....that did not occur to me.:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i am similarly surprised by that

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

on friday i took down the last divine beast and i resolved to beat the game over the weekend. instead i spent like ten hours loving around looking for the last few pictures. this game will not release me from its grip

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

I'll probably try to finish the game once there's another big Switch game out, but until then I'm just gonna goof around and explore

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

GameCube posted:

on friday i took down the last divine beast and i resolved to beat the game over the weekend. instead i spent like ten hours loving around looking for the last few pictures. this game will not release me from its grip

save ganon for later. i didn't and i should have

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

yeah I bit the bullet and beat Ganon last weekend and I don't really feel like going back to the game yet... DLC isn't far away though :D

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bill Barber posted:

:pusheen:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rediscover posted:

save ganon for later. i didn't and i should have

i want to but my life is noticeably crumbling around me as i spend five hours a night collecting mushrooms and looking for the climbing pants

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

in "woah that actually worked" moments: in some shrine or something i walked through a door to find myself staring at four guardian babies. they were all standing in some shallow water so i whipped out my lightning rod and zapped them all to death with one shot. extremely satisfying

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

GameCube posted:

in "woah that actually worked" moments: in some shrine or something i walked through a door to find myself staring at four guardian babies. they were all standing in some shallow water so i whipped out my lightning rod and zapped them all to death with one shot. extremely satisfying

I did the same thing with the same reaction, it's great that a game is consistent with it's logic for once.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Its cool to kill gannon and then hop back in

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Gamer shame: I looked up the locations for the last two shrines I couldn't find. The last 8 or so shrines I found would have been nearly impossible to find without the Shrine Radar unless you happened to get lucky.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mabels big day posted:

Gamer shame: I looked up the locations for the last two shrines I couldn't find. The last 8 or so shrines I found would have been nearly impossible to find without the Shrine Radar unless you happened to get lucky.
yeah I did this too. I'd missed a couple of really dumb ones but for the most part I don't really feel too bad about it because I was starting to get a bit 'dromal

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
I finally went to the castle by doing the zora waterfall thing and climbed up to go inside and it said "SANCTUM" and saw a big throbbing orb and realized I had skipped the entire actual castle :doh:

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Milkman posted:

I finally went to the castle by doing the zora waterfall thing and climbed up to go inside and it said "SANCTUM" and saw a big throbbing orb and realized I had skipped the entire actual castle :doh:
Orb.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
exploring the castle early on to get weapons is something i'm looking forward to w/ my hardmode playthrough

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

sector_corrector posted:

exploring the castle early on to get weapons is something i'm looking forward to w/ my hardmode playthrough

ya

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah I bit the bullet and beat Ganon last weekend and I don't really feel like going back to the game yet... DLC isn't far away though :D

I want to start a new playthrough but first I want to know what Hard Mode will entail. If Hard Mode looks fun I'll wait for that DLC before I start a new playthrough, but if it doesn't look that fun then I can start sooner.

• Locked thread