Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spadoink
Oct 10, 2005

Tea, earl grey, hot.

College Slice

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Yeah, that's definitely what it is, I just can't fathom actually being upset at what the "from" tag says on a gift. Obviously it's a tradition that's meaningful to her but, like, why not talk about it that way instead of pouting?

As a lady who's about to pop a baby my guess is she was hoping for a gift with something that said "mom" on it, rather than a copy of ME: Andromeda "from the baby." As she has a 5 month old and is probably feeling tired and worn out regularly (and maybe overwhelmed?) which would cause the disappointed feelings to linger. Especially if she has baby blues or is feeling unappreciated for her new work taking care of the baby.

As this thread constantly shows, rational discussions of feelings are impossible to most posters, this is a situation where the communication breakdown is not insane and the wife is also not nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
My (20F) boyfriend (23M) used to be a customer of my sister (22F, exotic dancer)

quote:

u/throwaways65432
For the last 3 months I've had a great relationship with a great guy, R, who I like a lot and had wanted to get serious with. Last weekend my sister L was in town visiting and I thought it would be a great opportunity for R to finally meet my family. We went over to my parents (50sM/F) house and hung out for the day. He was very sociable with my parents and they liked him a lot, but I noticed he almost entirely avoided looking at or talking to my sister, which I thought was rude. I asked him why he was so rude in the car on the way home and said he didn't realize he seemed rude and that it was accidental. I believed him. The next day my sister and I get coffee before she leaves, and she tells me R used to come into her job almost every week with his friends and would get a dance from her every time he came. She never gave him any "extra services" and he never asked but there were a lot of lap dances. She hadn't seen him in 7 months, which is the same time he moved to my city. I'm shocked and saddened. I wish she hadn't told me. When I asked him about it he told me it was true and apologized for lying before. He said he didn't know she was my sister and had never even known her real name. I want to believe him but idk. My sister also said he didn't know her name but we look almost identical, like we used to get mistaken as twins before she died her hair. I had also previously told him I had a sister who lives in the town he used to but I never told him her job. Either way it's weird. He's apologized but says I shouldn't be mad at him because it was before we met and he had no idea of the connection. I suppose he's right but it's still so weird...idk how I'll get over it. Honestly I'm not even that mad at him for lying because I just wish I'd never known. How do I get through this?

Tl;Dr My sister is a stripper. Before we met my bf was a regular customer. Idk what I want him to apologize for, but I also don't know if I can proceed.

drat, that's some rotten luck.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Buzkashi posted:

Like, benefit of the doubt, my take on this is that the husband/a family member/somebody did not get her something and sign it "To Mom From The Baby" with adorable chickenscratch and backwards B etc etc. I really really really hope this woman isn't upset that her not-yet-crawling child was not able to purchase a gift for her with funds acquired through labor or sale of goods.

that's absolutely what it is it's just she's 30 and beloved-pet-died levels of upset that her birthday did not involve a specific ritual that she'd never mentioned or asked for magically happening on its own. it's pretty easy for him to address the immediate problem (buy some crap and say babies are bad at reading calendars) it's just christ I've escaped relationships that were unnavigable emotional minefields like this before and the thought of being married (with children!) into one gonna give me nightmares

hopefully it's a postpartum thing and guy's not staring down another 40 years of Christmas abruptly being declared ruined FOREVER because Santa didn't remember the little inside joke she left in her letter to him

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Mar 31, 2017

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Spadoink posted:

As a lady who's about to pop a baby my guess is she was hoping for a gift with something that said "mom" on it, rather than a copy of ME: Andromeda "from the baby." As she has a 5 month old and is probably feeling tired and worn out regularly (and maybe overwhelmed?) which would cause the disappointed feelings to linger. Especially if she has baby blues or is feeling unappreciated for her new work taking care of the baby.

As this thread constantly shows, rational discussions of feelings are impossible to most posters, this is a situation where the communication breakdown is not insane and the wife is also not nuts.
Well I was assuming that it wasn't a problem with the gifts she got, just that none said from the baby. No reason to assume he bought her lovely gifts, I have to imagine he'd mention it if she didn't like things specifically. (She wasn't upset until she saw the last gift wasn't from the baby.) I didn't say she was nuts or anything, just that I don't understand.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Milotic posted:

My (20F) boyfriend (23M) used to be a customer of my sister (22F, exotic dancer)

It will never not be weird. It's no one's fault, but it's really unfortunate. At least she found out early in the relationship so when she breaks up with him at least a lot of time won't have been wasted.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Splicer posted:

"Tell me about Mirthless," says the psychiatrist police interrogator as he tunes out the patient and begins doodling an exquisitely detailed male sex.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Milotic posted:

My sister also said he didn't know her name but we look almost identical, like we used to get mistaken as twins before she died her hair.

At least you know he thinks you're hot.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Spadoink posted:

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy birth and a healthy family, all at the right times!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

Best wishes for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy birth and a healthy family, all at the right times!

I hope it's at the right times too. It'd be hella weird to have a healthy birth before you even have a pregnancy!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I figured baby gift lady was wanting a momento of "here's where your child's development was at during your first birthday with him." So professional photos, plaster footprint, that sort of thing. Which, yeah, would need to be communicated beforehand.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Milotic posted:

"Luck"

This is /r/relationships, he stalked the stripper until he found her spitting image sister and started dating her so he could live out his fantasy of dating/loving the stripper

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Mirthless posted:

"Luck"

This is /r/relationships, he stalked the stripper until he found her spitting image sister and started dating her so he could live out his fantasy of dating/loving the stripper
Guys who want to gently caress/date the stripper ask the stripper to gently caress/date, they don't go all sitcom plot.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Yawgmoth posted:

Guys who want to gently caress/date the stripper ask the stripper to gently caress/date, they don't go all sitcom plot.

Yea, the fact that he never did anything improper towards the stripper sister makes me on this dude's side, nothing wrong happened, just bad luck.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I hope it's at the right times too. It'd be hella weird to have a healthy birth before you even have a pregnancy!

Exactly.

Pelvic Floor Wax
Jul 21, 2007

WampaLord posted:

Yea, the fact that he never did anything improper towards the stripper sister makes me on this dude's side, nothing wrong happened, just bad luck.

Agreed, but he had to have known the sister was going to tell. There was no reason to lie, he should have just come clean at the start.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Spadoink posted:

Yeah, all this. It's just A Cute Thing

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pelvic Floor Wax posted:

Agreed, but he had to have known the sister was going to tell. There was no reason to lie, he should have just come clean at the start.

I don't think that was a 'ensnare my girlfriend in my impenetrable web of deceit' lie, that was a 'oh gently caress this is weird what do I do uhhhh DENY EVERYTHING' lie

Axqu
Nov 28, 2016

I'm a hot bitch angel named Panty. And no matter what anyone says,
I DO WHAT I FUCKING WANT!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

...dysthymia and borderline might not be curable by CBT or an SSRI or adderall...

From a ways back but Borderline is actually treatable with DBT! It's a derivative of CBT that was developed in the 80s specifically to treat BPD. It requires a lot-- a LOT-- of hard, painful work and sacrifice on the patient's end to make it work though. There also aren't too many therapists who want to do DBT, so they can be kind of hard to find... but Borderline IS treatable if the patient sincerely, wholeheartedly wants to get better and is willing to work constantly to fix their broken brain.

If you really truly want to be normal and better and loving and giving, DBT will outright fix BPD. BPD isn't a life sentence.

The person has to want to change though. Cheeto guy sounds entirely disinterested in changing, especially if his maladaptive behaviors are being enabled. Boot his rear end to the curb.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Axqu posted:

From a ways back but Borderline is actually treatable with DBT! It's a derivative of CBT that was developed in the 80s specifically to treat BPD. It requires a lot-- a LOT-- of hard, painful work and sacrifice on the patient's end to make it work though. There also aren't too many therapists who want to do DBT, so they can be kind of hard to find... but Borderline IS treatable if the patient sincerely, wholeheartedly wants to get better and is willing to work constantly to fix their broken brain.

If you really truly want to be normal and better and loving and giving, DBT will outright fix BPD. BPD isn't a life sentence.

The person has to want to change though. Cheeto guy sounds entirely disinterested in changing, especially if his maladaptive behaviors are being enabled. Boot his rear end to the curb.

Most people with BPD don't put forth, or can't put forth the effort for the time it takes, you're the literal needle in a haystack here, or something like that. That's the problem with BPD and why it's so difficult to treat people with it.

My fiancee has had 2-3 clients she diagnosed with BPD and those were some of the most frustrating clients she had.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Waterbed Wendy posted:

It will never not be weird. It's no one's fault, but it's really unfortunate. At least she found out early in the relationship so when she breaks up with him at least a lot of time won't have been wasted.

Having a nearly identical stripper sister is never not going to gently caress with her relationships, so I don't see why she needs to bail on this one.

E: Just noticed we both did the never not thing, that was subconscious. Not trying to mock or anything.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Criminal Minded posted:

Well, in my case, when I'm streaming, I'm getting both channels, so it pretty much just is mono at that point. And I know Winamp actually offers that option anyway. And yes I still use Winamp in 2017. :colbert:

I suppose you'd have to ask my parents, which I oddly never have, because it hasn't bothered me; most likely just the prospect of sending their four-year-old son under the knife for yet a second incredibly major surgery. I spent a lot of time in the hospital as it was. Didn't really bother me at that age, or at least I don't remember it bothering me. I only have scant memories of the actual "I'm really sick and this is bad" part of it; most of what I remember is eating pizza and watching the little model boats go downstream in the fake river/waterfall in the cafeteria, playing this Super Mario arcade cabinet, and my mom sleeping on the cushion in the windowsill in my room. Oh, and what I referred to as the "Ball Machine," which was this glass-enclosed contraption which sent a bunch of metal balls flying around and running down ramps and poo poo. I watched that a lot. Props to St. Louis Children's Hospital.

Hi, I'm pretty curious about how exactly the implant works in your case. You said you could wrap it to make it waterproof, so some of it is external and some internal? Where does it stick in? How big is the module that is outside the body and how big the part inside?

Sorry I'm just quite curious, I've never heard of anything like this before, ESPECIALLY not bluetooth compatible with a phone, that blows my loving mind

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

WampaLord posted:

It's not really entirely luck either. Obviously the guy has a type, he usually chose the sister presumably from other stripper options. It definitely leaves a bit of a cloud over the relationship because it makes it seem that the guy saw her, liked her looks (perhaps they reminded him of his favorite stripper, hmm?) and decided to go for it.

That being said, I don't think it's something the relationship needs to end for. In fact over time it could be kind of a cute and funny inside joke for the family.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Modus Pwnens posted:

Having a nearly identical stripper sister is never not going to gently caress with her relationships, so I don't see why she needs to bail on this one.

It is also never gonna not be a steamy Penthouse letters submission. The only reasonable solution here is a hot threesome.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Buzkashi posted:

I really really really hope this woman isn't upset that her not-yet-crawling child was not able to purchase a gift for her with funds acquired through labor or sale of goods.

People shouldn't coddle babies :colbert:

Kid needs to start pulling its own weight around here.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Play posted:

It's not really entirely luck either. Obviously the guy has a type, he usually chose the sister presumably from other stripper options. It definitely leaves a bit of a cloud over the relationship because it makes it seem that the guy saw her, liked her looks (perhaps they reminded him of his favorite stripper, hmm?) and decided to go for it.

That being said, I don't think it's something the relationship needs to end for. In fact over time it could be kind of a cute and funny inside joke for the family.

I was definitely joking about the stalker thing but kind of getting at that point with the joke. At least she can say, definitively, that she knows what her boyfriend's type is, and that she's it.

It's a hilarious and great story, I really hope they give it a shot.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
That lady should dump her BF not because he got dances from her sister but because he's the kind of rear end in a top hat who goes to a strip club every week.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Axqu posted:

This is all pretty similar to poo poo I've done with my the rapists over the past fiveish years for bi-polar. I guess that makes sense, as Dick and Ball Torture was derived from Cock and Ball Torture. Lotta long hard work. Made me way less crazy, though.

Reading that wiki article, I wonder if my current the rapist isn't slippin' me a little D these days.

All I know is that my brother desperately needs to do this poo poo, but that I can't force him to do it. I get to watch his life explode over and over while I'm like "please, this thing might help some, maybe try a bit."

:Brother recovers enough and decides to be a "big boy" and take on everything all at once, yet again. Life explodes:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

E: Just noticed we both did the never not thing, that was subconscious. Not trying to mock or anything.

This one relationship specifically is tainted by the fact that the dude used to get her sis's tits and rear end waggled at his eyes every week. Her sister got him hard enough that he went back every week and specifically requested and paid to get that boner again and again and again. Then he would jack off thinking about her sister. And everyone in her family will know about it.

There are a million dudes out there who haven't done that. It's no one's fault, but it will never not be weird. Forever.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Mirthless posted:

I was definitely joking about the stalker thing but kind of getting at that point with the joke. At least she can say, definitively, that she knows what her boyfriend's type is, and that she's it.

It's a hilarious and great story, I really hope they give it a shot.

It's great that jokes are both joking and serious, so if you take it seriously you are a humorless idiot, and if you take it jokingly you are ignoring the very real bullshit that people are peddling.

So like, if Due to his experiences this dude finds [X] attractive, and person's sister is similar in appearance to X, that clearly means that he has a type and he's profiling people and that there's something wrong with him. Or perhaps, two similar looking individuals are both a match for his criteria, given that they are similar in resemblance to one and other.

And the subtle implication is that he profiled and stalked her, haha, just kidding but not really.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Waterbed Wendy posted:

This one relationship specifically is tainted by the fact that the dude used to get her sis's tits and rear end waggled at his eyes every week. Her sister got him hard enough that he went back every week and specifically requested and paid to get that boner again and again and again. Then he would jack off thinking about her sister. And everyone in her family will know about it.

There are a million dudes out there who haven't done that. It's no one's fault, but it will never not be weird. Forever.

How do you feel about an adult male that goes to a strip club with any regularity, Waterbed Wendy?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Non-stripper sister should just be glad she's found a man that finds her attractive and will spend money on her. Multiple lap dances week-in, week-out aren't cheap, so you know he has money. You also know he's monogamous. Put a ring on it, gur.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Rakthar posted:

It's great that jokes are both joking and serious, so if you take it seriously you are a humorless idiot, and if you take it jokingly you are ignoring the very real bullshit that people are peddling.

So like, if Due to his experiences this dude finds [X] attractive, and person's sister is similar in appearance to X, that clearly means that he has a type and he's profiling people and that there's something wrong with him. Or perhaps, two similar looking individuals are both a match for his criteria, given that they are similar in resemblance to one and other.

And the subtle implication is that he profiled and stalked her, haha, just kidding but not really.

uh

I never seriously implied he was stalking her. And the post you just quoted isn't implying that either.

I bolded one part of your post. Do you know why I bolded that part? because that is literally what the definition of "a type" is in this context.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

jesus christ yall suck the joy out of everything

Rakthar posted:

How do you feel about an adult male that goes to a strip club with any regularity, Waterbed Wendy?

if your answer is 'highly judgemental' that's gotta make family dinners with your stripper sister pretty awkward

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

new phone who dis posted:

That lady should dump her BF not because he got dances from her sister but because he's the kind of rear end in a top hat who goes to a strip club every week.

He immediately stopped going once he started dating and he wasn't some gross handsy creep according to the sister. Not really sure what the problem is here? For a dude who posts the things you post it's weird that you're taking this weird anti-stripclub track right now

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mirthless posted:

He immediately stopped going once he started dating and he wasn't some gross handsy creep according to the sister. Not really sure what the problem is here? For a dude who posts the things you post it's weird that you're taking this weird anti-stripclub track right now

if the strippers were all 14 he'd get it

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Mirthless posted:

I never seriously implied he was stalking her. And the post you just quoted isn't implying that either.

I bolded one part of your post. Do you know why I bolded that part? because that is literally what the definition of "a type" is in this context.

Your post decided to take the existing narrative that he went to a strip club, saw this stripper and patronized her based on his preferences, then ended up dating someone else later using those same preferences that unknown to him turned out to be her sister. And decided to reframe it from the perspective of pathologically needing to find someone that looked just like her sister, a strip club loser stalker the relatives of the strippers to find someone that looks similar so they can date them. It's a subtle distinction but a pretty significant one. And of course you were joking and didn't really mean it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I went to a strip club once for my 18th birthday and woke up the next day hung over, out ~$400, with about 2-3 cum soaked tissues around me, and smelling of cotton candy perfume.

What's the loving point for real.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Moridin920 posted:

I went to a strip club once for my 18th birthday and woke up the next day hung over, out ~$400, with about 2-3 cum soaked tissues around me.

What's the loving point for real.

they're the most depressing places in the world unless your fetish is blatant disinterest, like those dudes who pay a hooker to make fun of their tiny dicks but without the ambition

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Rakthar posted:

Your post decided to take the existing narrative that he went to a strip club, saw this stripper and patronized her based on his preferences, then ended up dating someone else later using those same preferences that unknown to him turned out to be her sister. And decided to reframe it from the perspective of pathologically needing to find someone that looked just like her sister, a strip club loser stalker the relatives of the strippers to find someone that looks similar so they can date them. It's a subtle distinction but a pretty significant one. And of course you were joking and didn't really mean it.

You put together more words about my two posts in this comment than there are total words in either of those two posts, and none of what you have put to text here accurately describes what I posted.

Turn your computer off and go outside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

they're the most depressing places in the world

it's where dreams go to soar