Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Gil-killer Lightning is up now for those who have me on their list. Just get her past the third milestone, alive and attacking, make sure auto-limit is off, and hit auto. She's equipped with Excalibur and Chirijiraden, and is immune to status ailments, so have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
My daily was the 12th Arc. I'm not doing sacrificials right because I actually want a Bedile, guess I should always carry in my mind that I don't want Orlandeau or any other 5base.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

Gil-killer Lightning is up now for those who have me on their list. Just get her past the third milestone, alive and attacking, make sure auto-limit is off, and hit auto. She's equipped with Excalibur and Chirijiraden, and is immune to status ailments, so have fun.

Thanks, I am doing this today or will die trying.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
9 Followers Oath
2 Hydaelyn Guards
1 Shard of Genius

1 Y'sholta @ 75%
1 Thancred @ 60%
1 Minfilia @ 90%

All and all content considering I ran Pro exclusively and got the trust moogles with 2 days to spare. Last I saw I was in the 21k range for overall.

I don't know what to do with my time now. I got used to running 2 events at once. I really enjoyed that Ifrit didn't take any NRG, just orbs.

Now to get Y' awakened and set in place as my main healer

I have yet to do Arena, but if your unit has a forbidden ability, can you not use the unit entirely?

hagie fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 31, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hagie posted:

I have yet to do Arena, but if your unit has a forbidden ability, can you not use the unit entirely?

No, the ability is just unavailable for use.

So, I can safely sell all the raid materials inn it gonna use, right? I've got all the craftable stuff I want.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I don't think there's ever been a case of reusing event items/materials, so yeah as long as you're happy with what you've awakened/crafted it should be fine.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Nah all those Excalipoors and Gallean Tins are definitely gonna show up some day as part of an Ultima Weapon recipe.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
23 Follower's Oaths
8 Hydaelyn Guards
4 Shard of Geniuses

I went a little too hard...

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

HGH posted:

Nah all those Excalipoors and Gallean Tins are definitely gonna show up some day as part of an Ultima Weapon recipe.

Exactly. :shepface:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Speaking of Excalipoor, I'm only 35% of the way through my first Excalibur. However, with the release of Orlandeau, Gumi realize they hosed themselves over and proceeded to make most future events light resistant. Should I stop TMing my Cecil and replace him with Save the Queen, Sakurafubuki, etc...?

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Speaking of Excalipoor, I'm only 35% of the way through my first Excalibur. However, with the release of Orlandeau, Gumi realize they hosed themselves over and proceeded to make most future events light resistant. Should I stop TMing my Cecil and replace him with Save the Queen, Sakurafubuki, etc...?

Well, this current event has a +100% Light resist dude and we're still clobbering his rear end with DR and Excalibur.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Will they run an april fools event? I mean, other than my luck in pulling anything but blues

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

MrLonghair posted:

Will they run an april fools event? I mean, other than my luck in pulling anything but blues

Everyone gets rainbow Bedile tomorrow.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

I'm trying to figure out what tank to use. So far I've pulled a:

Snow
Charlotte
Leo

Snow doesn't seem like much of a tank, but then again mine is only 5 stars currently. But all the other tanks on the top 5 list I don't own.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

MrLonghair posted:

Maintenance datamining spotted a Lapis chest deal claiming to be "An unbelievable once in a lifetime 1,000% value offer! Grab it while it lasts!".
Could be it.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

HGH posted:

Maintenance datamining spotted a Lapis chest deal claiming to be "An unbelievable once in a lifetime 1,000% value offer! Grab it while it lasts!".
Could be it.

Someone on reddit caught a glimpse of it during maintenance:

quote:

I got in behind maintenance, opened this copper bundle and I'm pretty sure it was £0.99 and had energy, a ticket maybe a cactuar and I don't remember what else. Wish I screened it but it actually seems pretty good tbh unless that was just placeholder stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/62cjlb/gl_maint_quick_peek/dflituo/

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

fullTimeLurker posted:

Snow
Charlotte
Leo

Snow doesn't seem like much of a tank, but then again mine is only 5 stars currently. But all the other tanks on the top 5 list I don't own.

Charlotte's biggest problem is she's only 5* max currently so she may lack the hp to tank certain things. Snow can hit 6* but his equipment selection sucks and he doesn't have any actual tanking abilities so he doesn't mitigate for poo poo, but you can jack his hp way up and can counter for decent damage.

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

That's the problem I'm running into currently. Mobs seem to ignore snow completely. I guess I'll start leveling my Charolette since it'll be a while before I'll be able to actually do any hard content.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

fullTimeLurker posted:

That's the problem I'm running into currently. Mobs seem to ignore snow completely. I guess I'll start leveling my Charolette since it'll be a while before I'll be able to actually do any hard content.

Honestly you don't really need a tank for most content outside of trials and a few story parts. But Charlotte is really good despite her 5* handicap. I used her for a long time, up through Olderion I think, before I swapped to Cecil.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

One ticket roll, Orlandeau!!!!

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

fullTimeLurker posted:

Snow
Charlotte
Leo

I used Charlotte for almost the entirety of the story before the recent update a month or so back. Then I got Cecil a month ago, and left her behind. I would use the hell out of Charlotte and get her Shield that is a party Esuna. HP and DEF materia will give her a little more survival.

I also have a Snow I have almost maxed (95) for niche situations, where I want magic counter attacks. He is a 6, but realistically he is just as squishy and his gear selection are clothes, not armor.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

NinjaDebugger posted:

Is there some strategy to cheese this to get to the 3rd threshold? For the life of me I keep wiping between 50% and 80%. Should I just take another support, so it's Cecil, Refia, two attackers for elements (no dual wield) and just grind it out to 80%?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Voodoo posted:

Is there some strategy to cheese this to get to the 3rd threshold? For the life of me I keep wiping between 50% and 80%. Should I just take another support, so it's Cecil, Refia, two attackers for elements (no dual wield) and just grind it out to 80%?

At 50% poo poo gets real and if your not sealing lightning correctly, then his newly activated lightning based attack will kill you. The only way is with a Thunder spell or a hybrid damage attack such as Thundara Blade or Noctis' Lightning Flask.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

At 50% poo poo gets real and if your not sealing lightning correctly, then his newly activated lightning based attack will kill you. The only way is with a Thunder spell or a hybrid damage attack such as Thundara Blade or Noctis' Lightning Flask.

They actually patched it pretty quickly so it's just any lightning damage like the rest

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Are you sure about that? I think it has to be hybrid because I just tried it today and he loving blasted my team off the earth on the second transition phase. I'm making a coral sword right now and have a stone blade crafted so I can try to finish this awful trial. I can get past the first transition but the second just murderers 3 to 4 of my team in one go.

Is mag breaking him critical? I saw his attacks are all hybrid so while he can't be armor or attack broken would that lower the damage a bit? Or have Cecil use Focus to put up Spirit?

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker
Just started playing a few days ago, added myself to the spreadsheet and as many people from it as I could, but my Noctis could use more friends if anyone has room: 375 368 416

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Servaetes posted:

Are you sure about that? I think it has to be hybrid because I just tried it today and he loving blasted my team off the earth on the second transition phase. I'm making a coral sword right now and have a stone blade crafted so I can try to finish this awful trial. I can get past the first transition but the second just murderers 3 to 4 of my team in one go.

Is mag breaking him critical? I saw his attacks are all hybrid so while he can't be armor or attack broken would that lower the damage a bit? Or have Cecil use Focus to put up Spirit?

Hmm, I cleared it before it was supposedly 'fixed' and the wiki appears to agree that it's still gotta be hybrid. Sorry, I guess reddit is dumb. MAG breaks do work to lower his damage if you can fit them in, and both Spirit and Defense resists the damage as well, yeah.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Krynn posted:

Just started playing a few days ago, added myself to the spreadsheet and as many people from it as I could, but my Noctis could use more friends if anyone has room: 375 368 416

Sent you a request. My Olive is basically cheat mode for just about everything...

I was gonna tell you to reroll for Orlandu, but gratz on getting Noctis instead. Probably third best unit in the game.

Krynn
Dec 12, 2005
Professional Lurker

Cartoon Man posted:

Sent you a request. My Olive is basically cheat mode for just about everything...

I was gonna tell you to reroll for Orlandu, but gratz on getting Noctis instead. Probably third best unit in the game.

I ended up rolling an Orlandeau on a different account but the guys in Discord told me to keep the Noctis because I got a Refia with him. Will probably end up giving away the Orlandeau sometime soon.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Krynn posted:

I ended up rolling an Orlandeau on a different account but the guys in Discord told me to keep the Noctis because I got a Refia with him. Will probably end up giving away the Orlandeau sometime soon.

Hmmm, yeah that's a good choice. You missed the chance to get Yshtola which is currently the only healer that can challenge a dualcast Refia. Odds of pulling Refia off banner are not that good, so yeah you should be set for the rest of the game.

Now you have to hope you get a Ludmille for the dualcast TM.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'd stick with Orlandeau personally but maybe I'm dumb. Those 27x element chains though.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there some finger magic to consistently get the 27x chain? On my iphone 6S I'm always trying with 2 different fingers and it works maybe 1/4 of the time and sometimes one TGC doesn't even fire at all and I don't even get a 9X chain.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

KDdidit posted:

Is there some finger magic to consistently get the 27x chain? On my iphone 6S I'm always trying with 2 different fingers and it works maybe 1/4 of the time and sometimes one TGC doesn't even fire at all and I don't even get a 9X chain.

You just gotta be turbo fast. Your 2nd tap can't happen with your first finger still on the screen since the game doesn't support multi-touch. So basically you gotta tap first finger, lift that finger off, and tap second finger, lift that finger off all within like .1-.2 seconds.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 31, 2017

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tengames posted:

So, how did everyone everyone's draw luck go on the raid banner?

Same, basically:

Kheldarn posted:

My final haul from the Ifrit banner:
Trust Moogles
Follower's Oath: x15
Hydaelyn Guard: x26
Shard Of Genius: x14 (Had to sell most of them early on because I didn't have enough Unit space...)

Units
Thancred: x106
Minfilia: x32
Y'shtola: x2

And enough Crafting and Awakening Materials to choke Ifrit.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Neat, but let me know when you get her the Safety Bit, because there's no way I can pass any milestone on Gigglelad right now.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Same, basically:

Neat, but let me know when you get her the Safety Bit, because there's no way I can pass any milestone on Gigglelad right now.

I think someone was saying they couldn't put Safety Bit on and still keep 100% dodge.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Exdeath
Exdeath
Kefka
Chizuru
Cloud of Darkness

This Arena team has been loving OP. If I win the initial coin toss its a 1 and done typically. Maybe a Cecil is left leaning on his sword.

Thinking of swapping Chi with some one to mag boost or something? Marie? Cecil seems meh, cant use heals so Luka or Ysholta seem like a waste. CoD is really there to cleanse any enfeebles I get hit with., but maneater doesn't hurt

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Exdeath is a stud. His passive man eater ability makes him hit like a dump truck even without any MAG gear (I stack mine full of HP). He's going to become even more of a beast after enhancements which increases his man eater damage and makes his Meteor 3 hits for some crazy chaining. He's still considered god-tier in JP arena. His kit ensures that he's always a valid DD in arena no matter what's banned.

Long story short, you should invest in two more. :)

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

NinjaDebugger posted:

I just cleared it finally, thank you. I couldn't get no items, I guess I'll wait until safety bit comes out for that, but got everything else.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Mile'ionaha posted:

I think someone was saying they couldn't put Safety Bit on and still keep 100% dodge.

So what you're saying is that I need to get the Safety Bit on one of my guys. Alright. I have A Goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
Cleared down a few on my friends list. Got Orlandeau a couple days back, @ almost 800 attack right now.

• Locked thread