Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

ijyt posted:

It's a loving non-issue you baby. It's like being triggered not enough eastern movies feature non-asian people.

Jesus christ political correctness posts in the death thread on Something Awful dot com

I'm going with... reddit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

It's not white washing anyway.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

I'm going with... reddit?

You probably should, you'll feel much more comfortable there, maybe even tumblr thats a nice safe space.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's happening again.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

panascope posted:

It's not white washing anyway.

It's in a weird place because of the decision they made about it but it's really dumb. Like, as I said, it's not addressing the issue, and it's not ignoring the issue, so it's just like "Hey, guys. Here's a thing. What do you think of that?".

Kind of like when Bioshock Infinite did the thing of "Well maybe racism is bad but maybe anti-racism is also bad, so, here's an issue that exists we're not really going to comment on". It's tone-deaf, more than anything.

Also there was a billion plots they could have picked from previous GITS incarnations and they went with one that was ridiculous instead so that was also pretty dumb. I guess "We had a japanese ghost we decided to put into a more marketable american frame" is a rough summary of the entire film.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TTerrible posted:

It's happening again.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Ah goddamnit. That time you actually got me.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

spectralent posted:

It's in a weird place because of the decision they made about it but it's really dumb. Like, as I said, it's not addressing the issue, and it's not ignoring the issue, so it's just like "Hey, guys. Here's a thing. What do you think of that?".

Kind of like when Bioshock Infinite did the thing of "Well maybe racism is bad but maybe anti-racism is also bad, so, here's an issue that exists we're not really going to comment on". It's tone-deaf, more than anything.

Also there was a billion plots they could have picked from previous GITS incarnations and they went with one that was ridiculous instead so that was also pretty dumb. I guess "We had a japanese ghost we decided to put into a more marketable american frame" is a rough summary of the entire film.

how are you so wrong about everything

more wrong than panascope

more wrong than stanyer89

there is no issue to address

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Buncha people hop inna thread and stir things up to prove the thread they are now spending all day posting in shouldn't exist.

But guess what, you're gonna stay anyway. That's the lure and the trap. You can't leave. We are all in here, hugboxing our circlejerk about how bad a company is, forever.

...cat is home. He is a drooling ugly mess, but he's probably gonna make it.

Bad Decision Dino
Aug 3, 2010

We'll invade Russia.
I am coming around to the notion that this is in fact the bad thread.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

How long is it until we have an argument that is just everyone copying trash posts from random places to each other, all smugly thinking they are owning everyone else?

Or is that what we're already doing now?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Leperflesh posted:

Buncha people hop inna thread and stir things up to prove the thread they are now spending all day posting in shouldn't exist.

But guess what, you're gonna stay anyway. That's the lure and the trap. You can't leave. We are all in here, hugboxing our circlejerk about how bad a company is, forever.

I saw stuff about getting him shots and leukaemia tests; he all good for that now, too?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

i'll leave when I'm banned

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
this is the mad thread and the last several pages have shown this v effectively imho

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ijyt posted:

Please do not get triggered on behalf other cultures.

I watched a video of a dude interviewing people in japan and asking how they felt about Scarjo playing the lead

they pretty much all thought it was super cool

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Bad Decision Dino posted:

I am coming around to the notion that this is in fact the bad thread.

lol if you ever thought this was the good thread

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I'm glad the kitty is doing well

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

spectralent posted:

I saw stuff about getting him shots and leukaemia tests; he all good for that now, too?

So, the vet totally did not do the tests, even though CC4C requested them, because... well, they didn't write it down, or who knows. This particular vet office is always kind of overworked and sometimes that leads to sloppiness. Which sucks, because cats with feline leukemia have to be put down. He probably doesn't have it, but I have to bring him back for the tests.

He'll also need his vaccinations. And, the neuter surgery has to wait, because the wound with all the maggots in it is too close to his catballs.

Moola posted:

I watched a video of a dude interviewing people in japan and asking how they felt about Scarjo playing the lead

they pretty much all thought it was super cool

she did Lost in Translation so obviously she already has japanese street cred, or whatever

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't understand the "Asians don't get representation" thing when the Simpson's are all obviously Asian because of the yellow skin.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

spectralent posted:

Are you concussed?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm lovely

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ijyt posted:

Ghost in the Shell 2017 was very good.

Good to hear

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

panascope posted:

Did you get a boner at the lovingly sculpted buttcrack?

No if I was aroused by the miniature I would almost certainly consider the £7 to be well spent though.

It was this hacker lady and it was an impulse purchase because I thought the helmet and big hair looked cool and fun to paint

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Hixson posted:

I'm glad the kitty is doing well

Same

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

No if I was aroused by the miniature I would almost certainly consider the £7 to be well spent though.

It was this hacker lady and it was an impulse purchase because I thought the helmet and big hair looked cool and fun to paint

im the green titties

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

panascope posted:

im the green titties

call me

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

assuming panascopes nipples can manage the touchscreen on the phone, what does that phone call even sound like?

<faint rustling noises>

My wife is a saint. She is in there trying to sort of clean up this cat a bit. I suggested photos and she said "maybe when he's not quite so horrifying."

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

On the plus side my experience of sick animals is that they're usually too fed up and tired to immediately eviscerate every piece of furniture in your house. That's an exciting present for when they're better.

You're good people Leperflesh.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, when I took in the hurt bunny (which I never heard any updates on :smith:) I was super nervous that he'd escape and gently caress everything in my apartment up and hurt himself more but he was content to just lie in his little box.

I sure hope he got helped. :ohdear:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I have too many games to play as is but I wish I could find heavy gear blitz the robot mechs are cool as

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

we all float down here, and you will too

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Vitamin P posted:

If 5 space marines cost £25 and I just purchased a single Infinity alien lady for £7 aren't I basically worse than a GW?

It's a lousy price per model, but the difference is you only need to spend £50 total and you have basically all the Infinity you'll ever need. 5 space marines isn't even a starting point for full 40k and you'll have dozens to a hundred models more to buy to be able to play.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Actually, $0 gets you all the infinity you need.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

It's a lousy price per model, but the difference is you only need to spend £50 total and you have basically all the Infinity you'll ever need. 5 space marines isn't even a starting point for full 40k and you'll have dozens to a hundred models more to buy to be able to play.

Please explain how the all-in price for infinity is 50 brexitbux :allears:

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Please explain how the all-in price for infinity is 50 brexitbux :allears:

I was just taking a stab. I don't actually know what a reasonable Infinity force costs. I just assumed it was less than 40k because everyone keeps saying Infinity is a skirmish game. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Atlas Hugged posted:

I was just taking a stab. I don't actually know what a reasonable Infinity force costs. I just assumed it was less than 40k because everyone keeps saying Infinity is a skirmish game. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

The infinity starters are 90 euros right now, and my understanding is that those give you about 1/3 of a tournament army list.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
If you guys wanna keep on going on about how great the anime titty skirmish game is maybe you should play it.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

More than 1000 words responding to nonsense posts.

Nice

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I'm not super familiar with the game but there are 300 point starter boxes for Infinity that are supposedly a complete standard sized army right out of the box. You can get them for about $75-$100 dollars at various webstores online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

The infinity starters are 90 euros right now, and my understanding is that those give you about 1/3 of a tournament army list.

I just looked at their store and yeah that poo poo is expensive.

• Locked thread