Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I'm looking forward to the asteroid saying "this has been fun time to crash into earth"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
that is some alive in joburg poo poo

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Doom Mathematic posted:

I mean, it's just a space elevator without the last quarter-mile?

yeah its basically 'what if nearly free access to space was instead just a party trick for rich manhattanites?'

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

"its so much cheaper to build in dubai!!!" *ignores cost of massive orbital plane change*

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

its like they never even played ksp?!

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i still love that they think getting home via parachute is a reasonable thing that a bunch of antique business people (the elites that will inevitably inhabit the thing) are willing to do

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kerbal Sqft Program

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

maniacdevnull posted:

"its so much cheaper to build in dubai!!!" *ignores cost of massive orbital plane change*

nah, just throw more slave laborers in spacesuits at it

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Agile Vector posted:

Kerbal Sqft Program

energy required: kerbal sqrt program

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/deftechpat/status/847957961821564930

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

drat y'all gotta put a smiley face on the top all No Disassemble or that poo poo ain't lasting the weekend.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

or guns, natch.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
load all the "elite" "businessmen" into space and reclaim the planet for real people & animals etc imo tbqh

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Silver Alicorn posted:

load all the "elite" "businessmen" into space and reclaim the planet for real people & animals etc imo tbqh

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

I guess this reduces fingerprints on the fancy coffee makers

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the elbow joint is the face looking up, towards top left.

can we use this mechanical chestburster somehow?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Silver Alicorn posted:

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Silver Alicorn posted:

this but imho

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Cocoa Crispies posted:

i like the idea of having to coördinate your trips home by intercepting an object blasting around the atmosphere at 300mph

lol

also im the proposal to build it in dubai even though their design acknowledges you cant keep it stationary over a non-equatorial location

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

coming soon to.a bad network procedural near you

quote:

How safe is your television? A demonstration by Swiss security consultant Rafael Scheel has shown how malicious code in a DVB-T digital broadcast signal can be used to load the TV’s web browser.

Once the browser is loaded, Scheel uses a known vulnerability to remotely control the TV through the internet.

Scheel also points out the hack is not limited to DVB-T broadcasts, and hackers can use other transmission paths - by adding malicious code to transmissions of IPTV services, for example.

Hypothetically, this means blackhat hackers could attack an internet TV service and add the code to a transmission, which would then give them access to tens of thousands of TVs at once.

Combined with the recent news that the CIA possbily hacked Samsung smart TVs to act as microphones, recording viewers' conversations without their knowledge, this isn't a particularly encouraging revelation.

Furthermore, in a interview with Motherboard published yesterday, Israeli researcher Amihai Neiderman said he uncovered 40 vulnerabilities in Samsung's Tizen operating system which could allow the control of millions of newer Samsung smart TVs, smart watches, and mobile phones already on the market.

Calling it "the worst code I've ever seen", Neiderman is presenting his research at the upcoming Kaspersky Lab's Security Analyst Summit.

One security hole Neiderman uncovered involved Samsung's TizenStore app, where a flaw in its design allowed him to hijack the software to deliver malicious code to his Samsung TV.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this thread title has been removed due to a copyright claim by Projekt Red

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

it's a trademark so we're fine unless this thread is a crpg

George
Nov 27, 2004

a little on the nose

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

it's a trademark so we're fine unless this thread is a crpg

if i'm browsing on my PS4 it kinda is

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

if i'm browsing on my PS4 it kinda is

well great now we're in trouble

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
yesssss

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://arstechnica.com/business/2017/04/disney-files-patent-for-huggable-and-interactive-robots/

Fredflonston
Jan 29, 2011

https://cyborgnest.net/

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
And now it's time for arbitraging ad time via computer-voice cylinders

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
http://imgur.com/gallery/T1vLm

I need more cyberpunk in my life

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

SpaceAceJase posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/T1vLm

I need more cyberpunk in my life

Whatever FMV game that is I want it and I want it yesterday

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

that is heavily flashback inspired

its a great game btw. "sequel" to another world (eu) / out of this world (us)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3dYCquKnP8

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 15, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

my cousin, rest in peace, had a cd of the soundtrack

ps: gameplay starts at 2:30 in the video

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lol

Stick Insect
Oct 24, 2010

My enemies are many.

My equals are none.
Vaguely curious about getting one of these, and that's just cuz of the stench every time I leave the house on days without wind

George
Nov 27, 2004

do they have some that are like those no fear gear shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Stick Insect posted:

Vaguely curious about getting one of these, and that's just cuz of the stench every time I leave the house on days without wind

maybe you should try taking a shower instead.

• Locked thread