Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i bet he likes doggy style so he can softly growl in your ear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i wish there was a crowdfunded money pool for the piss tape

i'd throw some money in

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

eonwe posted:

lmao, the national Dem party just hoards the money like loving Smaug and sits in Erebor until some dumb rural fucks in Dale kill him

CCs reponse to this was literally "well we dont jave the money to spend on EVERY race a bloo bloo bloo" :qq:

and then we were reminded that while the HFV (Hillary for Victory fund) promised $145k to the KSdems, it only dosbursed $14,500, 1/10th of what was communicated lol

dems

are

bad

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

alnilam posted:

publicly funded medical research

*evil gorka voice* hahahahaha, for now!!!!!

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

eonwe posted:

i wish there was a crowdfunded money pool for the piss tape

i'd throw some money in

How much + witness protection do you think it would take to flip some FSB guy?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Memento 2: John's Chili

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/gabrielsherman/status/854405993127653376

yeeeeah thats the good stuff

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Epic High Five posted:

Ya it was a train horn

They went on to storm into the restaurant and complain to the manager that the leather interior of their truck was ruined lmao

Did they get some overworked wage slave fired for it, or did the manager tell them to gently caress off

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

*raises finger meekly during mexican wave*

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Equeen posted:

I really hoping that the ex-wife's attorneys use the clip of Jones calling Sandy Hook a false flag as evidence

How is this not a prime piece of evidence? That poo poo is reprehensible and has resulted in parents of dead children being harassed. It's honestly tragic.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Did they get some overworked wage slave fired for it, or did the manager tell them to gently caress off

Not sure of the deets

Those horns are almost universally illegal to mount in a functional state on a truck though so hopefully they recorded whatever they incriminated themselves with and gave it to the police

It may seem small but it's one of those things that police really, really hate and so if they find that they'll find every single other thing you're guilty of and end up giving you like 30 citations

Cephalocidal
Dec 23, 2005

deathbysnusnu posted:

How much + witness protection do you think it would take to flip some FSB guy?

I'm pretty sure (loyalty and terror and psych conditioning aside) working for an agency with access to functionally unlimited resources operating in a state where corruption and kickbacks are a-ok makes you unflippable unless it's for ideological reasons.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i love that alex jones cant stop alex jonsing long enough to not screw up his own custody hearing

its a big ol gently caress you to everyone who thought he was faking (and his kids lol)

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Proud Christian Mom posted:

please tell me he's kidding and everyone involved in the Wendy Davis clusterfuck was actually shot into the sun. right?

I don't know anything about that campaign. What was so bad about it?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

mormonpartyboat posted:

i bet he likes doggy style so he can softly growl in your ear

Gross

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zeal posted:

a race of immortal cyborg rich people spreading infinitely into the cosmos beyond earth is easily a worse possible outcome of the human story than nuclear suicide

the golden path would be excellent tho

some of our finest moments as human people have come from meeting one another as mutually alien cultures and each discovering how the other expresses their essential humanity

we thrive when we come to recognize those shapes and depths of the soul of whole humanity that we had before been blind to

and the world now is so knowable and connected that the only ways our legacy will have that opportunity is if we push outward until we no longer know each other, or collapse inward andforget what weve already learned together

and idk about you, but im an explorer
and im comin

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Al! posted:

i love that alex jones cant stop alex jonsing long enough to not screw up his own custody hearing

its a big ol gently caress you to everyone who thought he was faking (and his kids lol)

the faking is fake so he's real

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
Realtalk there is no way Alex Jones should have custody of anything. Dude probably shouldn't be allowed to have a dog.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

do you think he ever was faking, like early on maybe, and he just kind of "became" the character?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
shut the fake up custody judge

u are a fake judge

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Lastgirl posted:

the faking is fake so he's real

ah, Impper's Paradox

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Cephalocidal posted:

I'm pretty sure (loyalty and terror and psych conditioning aside) working for an agency with access to functionally unlimited resources operating in a state where corruption and kickbacks are a-ok makes you unflippable unless it's for ideological reasons.

Like in terms of pure monetary value, I'd say the piss tape is worth at least a billion dollars. Not that someone would ever cut that check, but if I had to guess fair market value that's where I'd put it for the power to take out a US president without firing a shot.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

ex post facho posted:

CCs reponse to this was literally "well we dont jave the money to spend on EVERY race a bloo bloo bloo" :qq:

and then we were reminded that while the HFV (Hillary for Victory fund) promised $145k to the KSdems, it only dosbursed $14,500, 1/10th of what was communicated lol

dems

are

bad

Yeah that 14k would have been better used by burning it for warmth or something I agree.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

his kidz are def better off not bein near him they might end up here otherwise

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Nichael posted:

How is this not a prime piece of evidence? That poo poo is reprehensible and has resulted in parents of dead children being harassed. It's honestly tragic.

horrible shitbrains have protected political speech too even when it's completely vile

turns out there's absolutely no liberal pc conspiracy!!!

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

y ppl talk vag ITT??

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Duscat posted:

we're not even remotely ready for even a partial victory over death, so it's fortunate that no such thing is actually coming anytime soon

society as a whole responded pretty rationally to the massive increase in average life spans over the last 50-75 years with crashing birth rates so i'm actually not convinced it's true we're 'not ready for it'.

as far as any time soon well that is kind of up in the air, rodent model longevity treatments are working bigly. there's a long way to go, naturally, but we've already lived long enough to see communications go from pretty privileged and sparse to utterly ubiquitous bordering on all-pervasive even as the definition of 'communications' has increased in scope so much that someone from 1980 would not understand the word if you used it in the 2010 context. 30 years is now officially a long loving time in terms human progress.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

brugroffil posted:

I don't know anything about that campaign. What was so bad about it?

Out of state hucksters descended, fed bad data and no volunteers, ignored local activists and concerns, tried to meme their way to victory.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Fidel Castronaut posted:

Realtalk there is no way Alex Jones should have custody of anything. Dude probably shouldn't be allowed to have a dog.

sandoz posted:

imagine trump petting a dog lol

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

paranoid randroid posted:

ah, Impper's Paradox

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yossarian-22 posted:

y ppl talk vag ITT??

some guy thought Margaret Thatcher was okay because she was a vagina-haver

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

[does a snoopy dance]

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

whoa...

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

shiksa posted:

horrible shitbrains have protected political speech too even when it's completely vile

turns out there's absolutely no liberal pc conspiracy!!!

I'm surprised the judge considers that political though. It's such an extreme view that directly concerns children, and their families.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Yossarian-22 posted:

y ppl talk vag ITT??

y ppl talk balls itt??

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I need something bad to happen to Hannity for the trifecta of right wing media idiots. Like maybe he sent Shep Smith dick pics or something.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

to the people who argued that alex jones' insane ramblings shouldn't be used as evidence: i accept your apology

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Technically and theoretically the objection is that unions are forming a monopoly in labor, and that restricts the free market and the rights of nonunion workers.

In practice though the same arguments can be made against the existence of organized state licensed corporations, and unions in actuality are the only thing that gives workers the power to protect their rights.

Basically the objection to unions is the same as the objection to publicly funded police forces or to any other publicly beneficial monopoly.

How is a union any more public than a corporation, though? My skilled labor is not a public asset, it belongs to me. If I decide to confederate with other individuals that's my business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lol holy poo poo, how'd i miss this

• Locked thread