Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
http://i.imgur.com/blcSdEo.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Teacher gives students a fake spelling test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7gOOcjAHq8

This got lost in the snake discussion, but I'd like to say that I really like it.

"The next word is Speeku. Look, there's a speeku! S-P-E-E-K-U-Z-S-L-M-N. There's..some silent letters at the end of that one."

and then you hear this very plaintive child go "whaaat" and he's just like "yep. It's actually from a... somewhere else, not here."

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Coca Koala posted:

This got lost in the snake discussion, but I'd like to say that I really like it.

"The next word is Speeku. Look, there's a speeku! S-P-E-E-K-U-Z-S-L-M-N. There's..some silent letters at the end of that one."

and then you hear this very plaintive child go "whaaat" and he's just like "yep. It's actually from a... somewhere else, not here."

The plaintive "whaaaaat" is where I cracked up.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love the cheering of kids who got the right spelling of slipprt.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"IT'S NOT EVEN APRIL!"

some stuff from the gif thread:
http://i.imgur.com/gCgZOlj.gifv

ekuNNN has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Mar 31, 2017

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ekuNNN posted:

"IT'S NOT EVEN APRIL!"

some stuff from the gif thread:
http://i.imgur.com/gCgZOlj.gifv

That was nearly waaaay worse. Coulda dropped his brew.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Mezzanon posted:

Oh god it looks like some quills are stuck in his lil snake mouth too. :(

It can't be that bad, these dogs have mouthfuls of porcupine quills but they still look pretty happy, they all have big doggy grins. "I MADE A NEW FRIEND TODAY!!! WE PLAYED A FUN GAME!!"

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

edit: disregard

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I am so glad my dog is smarter than those dogs.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Cyclist steals a scooter rider's keys, it doesn't go well for him. :nws: for language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_yS9iQ0qeQ

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

NeurosisHead posted:

I am so glad my dog is smarter than those dogs.

Mines not. She got it three times three days in a row. The first two times were the same one. So I killed that one and she went out and found a different one the third day.

I think she kept doing it because she wanted more drugs.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
i really hope someone shot your dog

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

what the gently caress

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The schadenfreude is on anyone who doesn't have farooq on ignore.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

The schadenfreude is on anyone who doesn't have farooq on ignore.

For reals

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I always thought it was a bot that posts the most ridiculous random, semi-related insult

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
1) can we please stop posting pictures of animals full of the wrong end of a porcupine
2) you should have Farooq on Ignore, why is this even up for debate

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

we shan't be telling your mother about this, shant we?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It can't be that bad, these dogs have mouthfuls of porcupine quills but they still look pretty happy, they all have big doggy grins. "I MADE A NEW FRIEND TODAY!!! WE PLAYED A FUN GAME!!"

Yeah, porcupine quills aren't that bad. They don't stick in very deeply (only rarely do they even draw blood) and they aren't poisonous or anything. They just hurt a lot. The quills' function is to stop things from eating the porcupine, and they do great at that.

The snake and those dogs would probably have been fine without treatment after a week or so, after the quills had broken off and fallen out.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Malachite_Dragon posted:

1) can we please stop posting pictures of animals full of the wrong end of a porcupine
2) you should have Farooq on Ignore, why is this even up for debate

gonna validate that sucker now re 2: like 1 times outta 20 or something there will be a funny comeback to a farooq shitpost

re 1: i guess it was a beaver & not a porcupine, but its cute and funny anyway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyh1glTNuh0

EKDS5k
Feb 22, 2012

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LET YOUR BEER FREEZE, DAMNIT

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah, porcupine quills aren't that bad. They don't stick in very deeply (only rarely do they even draw blood) and they aren't poisonous or anything. They just hurt a lot. The quills' function is to stop things from eating the porcupine, and they do great at that.

The snake and those dogs would probably have been fine without treatment after a week or so, after the quills had broken off and fallen out.

Unless that guy was a vet taking a video for the record before he pulled all the quills out, that snake was eaten by a bird 20 minutes later.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EKDS5k posted:

Unless that guy was a vet taking a video for the record before he pulled all the quills out, that snake was eaten by a bird 20 minutes later.

bird-impaled-by-porcupine-quills.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

pelican-swallow.flv

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Quills of Defense
-10 base HP
-3 AGI
+5 DEF
+5 Parry

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://gizmodo.com/oculus-founder-palmer-luckey-out-at-facebook-report-1793867703

quote:

Where in the world is Palmer Luckey? Well, he’s not at Facebook.

In 2014, Palmer Luckey, the 24-year-old whiz kid who was one of VR’s most prominent evangelists sold his company, Oculus, to Facebook for a cool $2 billion. He has (almost) totally disappeared since The Daily Beast revealed last year he was collaborating with Milo Yiannopoulos to fund a pro-Trump “shitposting” operation.

Here’s a statement from Facebook, first reported by UploadVR and later confirmed to Gizmodo by the company by email:

“Palmer will be dearly missed. Palmer’s legacy extends far beyond Oculus. His inventive spirit helped kickstart the modern VR revolution and helped build an industry. We’re thankful for everything he did for Oculus and VR, and we wish him all the best.”
Palmer recently testified in an intellectual property lawsuit that alleged he was complicit in the theft of trade secrets from ZeniMax. Facebook was ordered to pay ZeniMax $500 million, and is currently appealing the ruling.

:haw:

I mean he still made out like a bandit, but at least he got canned.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Zaphod42 posted:

http://gizmodo.com/oculus-founder-palmer-luckey-out-at-facebook-report-1793867703

:haw:

I mean he still made out like a bandit, but at least he got canned.

I mean stealing a cool 200 mil or whatever is fine, but if you're just gonna live in a bamboo hut in like Thailand or something, you coulda done with 1 mil and donated the rest to charity or something

loving oval office

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Personal schadenfreude: some friends know that I don't like ketchup and turned it into a running gag. They had apparently been planning an April Fool's joke for a month related to it.

So I came into my office yesterday.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

OH MY GOODNESS WHAT TERRIBLE MISFORTUNE!

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Your friends might be humorless bores.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I don't know, I thought it was cute :3:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

That is so depressing.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
The ketchup bouquet alone would have been funny. Hiding the packets (instead of displaying them in the open) all over the place would have been better. I'm on monster if you are looking to employ someone to prank you next april.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fumaofthelake posted:

Your friends might be humorless bores.

I dunno, the ketchup packet bouquet in the off-brand Heinz vase is pretty good.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I can't wait to see what oozes out of that Laserjet printer when you try to use it :allears:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Lol dogs are stupid.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RabbitWizard posted:

Lol dogs are stupid.

Looks like he already made out with one recently, so I don't know why he'd think headbutting it would be better.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ravenkult posted:

what the gently caress

Queering Wheel posted:

That is seriously hosed up. I hope someone tried to help the snake later, or at least put it out of its misery. Guy who just stood there and filmed it is an rear end in a top hat.

You dopey bastards.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Ketchup weak sauce.

If they really wanted to prank you they'd hide a cell phone with power source deep inside your cube or desk and put the opening bars for a song you hate as it's ringtone - just barely loud enough to hear. And then call it multiple times a day, hanging up each time before you can trace it or identify exactly what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

theres a will theres moe posted:

The ketchup bouquet alone would have been funny. Hiding the packets (instead of displaying them in the open) all over the place would have been better. I'm on monster if you are looking to employ someone to prank you next april.

They did hide one on the underside of the desk and one on the back of the monitor, but I found them pretty quickly when cleaning up.

I got my revenge on one of them by taking a packet and hiding it in her belongings, then asking her if she found it yet. She tore apart everything in her purse and even looked in her change of clothes and the boots she was wearing to see if I had slipped it in there somehow. She almost went out to check her car and spent the next hour freaking out about what terrible thing I had done with the ketchup. She even began theorizing that I hadn't hidden a ketchup packet at all and was just trying to drive her mad.

I put it in her travel mug, which she leaves in the fridge every day. She'll find it when she opens it to fill it with water again.