Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Each individually leads to a shrine but nothing beyond that.

Am I the only one who had no problems with the tailing one? All I did was wear the ninja suit and kept foilage between us, sniping the wolf when it appeared. Nailed it easily on my first go.

I got wolfd the first time but made it the second time. I find the complaints about the korok turning around suddenly to be weird. Did they really think it was a good idea to follow him right behind him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

I keep hearing what sounds like a beeping I can't pin down. What is it? It's not the shrine sensor, and I don't have the sensor+ yet..

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.
Trip Report:

This game dominated my game-playing time for the entire month and I have no regrets. Fun as hell. Possibly the best Zelda since Ocarina/Majora's one-two combo.

Weapon durability is such a non-issue here. I was drowning in melee weapons the entire playthrough, never even came close to running out except maybe in the first hour of play on the Plateau when I started with nothing. I usually had the opposite problem instead, and had to decide which awesome weapon to discard because of limited inventory space. Same issue with bows and shields (until I got the Hylian Shield - might as well throw away everything else at that point). A much more egregious concept was the laughably small stamina meter that Link starts the game with. I couldn't get the Master Sword for a stupidly long time because I always prioritized stamina upgrades over health - everything uses stamina in this game and it never felt like I had enough, even after I maxed out the meter. I don't want to slowly crawl up cliffsides, drat it, let me jump up them! I've got places to be and princesses to save!

Framerate was hilariously bad in places while in Switch Docked Mode, namely anywhere with lots of grass and trees. Portable Mode had no noticeable problems with framerate. The game would literally freeze for several seconds if I looked at a Moblin funny near Death Mountain, though. I hear the new patch fixes this? Haven't tested it yet.

When I needed them, my preferred way to farm rupees was to sell Gourmet Meat to the guy at the Outskirts Stable. He gives 100 rupees per meat and you can sell three of them every in-game day. Using the nearby cooking pot as a makeshift campfire to fast-forward time, I was able to make over a thousand rupees in less than five minutes. Of course, this only worked because I had a strange fascination with Hebra (I blame shield-surfing) and had built up this ridiculous Gourmet Meat stockpile - everything you hunt gives Gourmet Meat up there, even the skinny-rear end wolves. Just gotta be quick about snatching it off the ground before it freezes in the sub-zero temperatures, because of course the developers implemented that.

Fun fact: equipping a fire weapon raises your temperature in cold areas. The opposite also works with ice weapons in the desert. Temperature elixirs are for chumps.

Another fun fact: When you drop an Octo Balloon onto an object, that object gets lifted into the air. I used them to make a flying raft for five magical seconds. Luckily the angry Lizalfos I was ignoring at the time was polite enough to stand under the raft when it crash-landed.

I completed all the shrines before finishing the game. My fave was probably Evertide Island, even if it curbstomped my poor unprepared rear end the first time I stumbled on it. I later went back with thirteen hearts and kicked its rear end instead. It was a wonderful surprise to just randomly discover and I wish there were more unique shrines like that in the game. Least favorite shrines were probably the Major Tests of Strength due to repetition and general frustration, before I figured out all the tricks to killing those little fuckers. After I was able to beat them consistently my opinion of them improved a bit since they are a reliable source of good weapons.

Holy poo poo, Hyrule Castle. What a perfect endcap to the game, it contrasts all the other locations so well. I spent hours wondering what happened to my Zelda music before staggering slack-jawed into that place. Had to calculate what Spider-Man route I'd take around all the goopy poo poo in order to visit every location, and then did some Metal Gear Solid through the interior for a while before saying "gently caress it" and going on a righteous rampage. I wouldn't mind a couple more dungeons of that size and scope, rather than the short affairs that the advertising for this game claimed were its "dungeons". (Don't get me wrong, I had fun with the Divine Beasts too, I just wish they'd been longer.)

Christ in a supersonic bumper car made of cheese, which tone-deaf voice director cast Zelda's english VA for this game? She sounds like one of the Monty Python blokes doing a tryhard version of their fake female falsetto. She also has about as much emotion and inflection as a wet Bokoblin club. All the rest of the voice acting is at least decent, how did Nintendo gently caress up the biggest role so badly?

Now that I've finally beaten the game (only took 26 days!) I am now debating whether I am masochistic enough to find all the seeds - probably not, I already got the ultimate reward for that spoiled by a friend. I'll just wander around Hyrule and murder poo poo, try to kill Lynels while naked, that sort of thing.

BTW, Lynels will push your poo poo in at first since they actually have multiple attacks unlike everything else. I found this tutorial very helpful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IUPHWJuzC0

Finally, thanks to whichever person saved twenty hearts to this used Wolf Link amiibo I bought at Gamestop last year, you are the true MVP.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

acksplode posted:

Doing all the forest trials gets you some truffles. And then the Korok who gives them to you laughs at you for expecting something more

Lol yeah I just redeemed it a minute ago

So. How the hell do I get up death mountain? Is there some way to do it without constantly being on fire?

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Message in a Bottle sidequest is seriously weird :stare:

Didn't expect to enable a pedophile fishfucker

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

El Burbo posted:

I listened to that cutscene in Spanish and it said the same things as the English version, i wonder which languages it's different in
She continues talking in the background when the other characters start speaking. You can kind of hear some of it in the English version, but some of the other dubs have different audio balancing that make her clearer.

BurntCornMuffin posted:

About the Message in a Bottle quest... did I just hook a middle aged guy up with a zora child? What the gently caress, Nintendo?!?
Actually you hooked up a 30 year old zora with a teenager

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BurntCornMuffin posted:

About the Message in a Bottle quest... did I just hook a middle aged guy up with a zora child? What the gently caress, Nintendo?!?

the guy is about the age of the zora kid

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Seriously, what the gently caress are you supposed to do against the Silver Lynel's spin attack? You can't run from it 90% of the time because the attack is so wide, parrying it is dumb luck because there's no real indication when to actually parry and shielding it is just going to destroy your shields. Are you just supposed to go into this with full Daruk's Protection and Urbosa's rage and cheese it to death?

edit: I got it, just stasis it as soon as you see it charging it and a couple hits during stasis cancels it. gently caress this guy. Where are the rest of the Silver Lynels for me to murder? They must die.

sigher fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 1, 2017

Roundabout Route
Nov 4, 2009

Pens and swords can
go fuck themselves.

s.i.r.e. posted:

Seriously, what the gently caress are you supposed to do against the Silver Lynel's spin attack? You can't run from it 90% of the time because the attack is so wide, parrying it is dumb luck because there's no real indication when to actually parry and shielding it is just going to destroy your shields. Are you just supposed to go into this with full Daruk's Protection and Urbosa's rage and cheese it to death?

edit: I got it, just stasis it as soon as you see it charging it and a couple hits during stasis cancels it. gently caress this guy. Where are the rest of the Silver Lynels for me to murder? They must die.

Hebra is lousy with those things, try riding around the snowfields for a while.

Also, I heartily recommend the Colosseum Ruins southwest of Hyrule Field if you are itching for a good fight.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Drewjitsu posted:

It's tremendously satisfying to get their patterns down and murder the gently caress out of them. :black101:

I think the easiest are the spear ones, followed by the sword and board, with the club ones last, just because the club ones hit so goddamn hard.

Yeah, i still haven't gone through the castle to the end boss but learning their patterns and being able to kill them with impunity is a thing that I feel like I should be able to do.
e: just because

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well. I'm at a loss on how I'm supposed to get up death mountain. By gerudo armor just burns, I've tried going in like 5 directions. Do I just need to use buffs or do I need to get some sort of fire armor or what because I have no idea here.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Did you stop by the horse stable before heading out?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

Well. I'm at a loss on how I'm supposed to get up death mountain. By gerudo armor just burns, I've tried going in like 5 directions. Do I just need to use buffs or do I need to get some sort of fire armor or what because I have no idea here.

There's a stable southeast-ish (?) of the mountain with what you want.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Motto posted:

There's a stable southeast-ish (?) of the mountain with what you want.

Found it. Thanks

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

veni veni veni posted:

Go to the South Akkala Stable or just cook up any "fireproof" critters you have with monster parts. Same thing.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

Heat protection and fire protection are different. Its silly. Use the map and follow the road up to death mountain. Dont cross country on foot it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Roundabout Route posted:

Hebra is lousy with those things, try riding around the snowfields for a while.

Also, I heartily recommend the Colosseum Ruins southwest of Hyrule Field if you are itching for a good fight.

I had no trouble with the coliseum one since it doesn't have the giant :fuckoff: club so it can't do the spin attack, though it does have the huge AOE thing but that's not that common and really telegraphed.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So I was wondering... once you finish all the shrines, is there any way to fight small guardians? Imagine if you beat them all except the one where the girl in love with the ancient ball needs a photo of the small guardian... I don't know how else you'd get a proper photo for that. Or am I missing some obvious place where they hang out?

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

DaveKap posted:

So I was wondering... once you finish all the shrines, is there any way to fight small guardians? Imagine if you beat them all except the one where the girl in love with the ancient ball needs a photo of the small guardian... I don't know how else you'd get a proper photo for that. Or am I missing some obvious place where they hang out?

they respawn in the shrines

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

DaveKap posted:

you can go back into shrines you already beat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rockbreaker hammer is the poo poo. I really hope there are more of these lying around.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

strap on revenge posted:

they respawn in the shrines

AlphaKeny1 posted:

you can go back into shrines you already beat
Ooooooh but I'd have to wait for a blood moon, which explains why my test didn't work. Got it. Thanks!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

veni veni veni posted:

Rockbreaker hammer is the poo poo. I really hope there are more of these lying around.

The weapon you get for completing the Goron divine beast is an upgraded rock breaker. It rules.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

The weapon you get for completing the Goron divine beast is an upgraded rock breaker. It rules.
The blacksmith is so secretive about his methods because he doesn't want to admit "I just sharpened a rockbreaker and called it a day". Such knowledge would drive the Goron mad with power.

On a replay I'd probably do Death mountain sooner rather than later just because not only is it cool, but it's damage holds up for it's durability to last. While as cool as the Lightscale Trident and Gerudo sword are... that's still pretty low damage when carving through dozens of black enemies, or silver enemies start showing up.

It's very nature as a hard hitting twohander makes it last longer, while being able to stab someone a million times per second with a spear makes them break that much faster. Which is as much a problem with spears and one handed swords in general. Particularly if you prefer using them over two-handers.

EDIT: Wishlisting that Champion weapons had a bonus against silver enemies. So I'm encouraged to use my legendary relics more often.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Apr 1, 2017

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

El Burbo posted:

I got wolfd the first time but made it the second time. I find the complaints about the korok turning around suddenly to be weird. Did they really think it was a good idea to follow him right behind him?

I'm bad at stealth, I tried to do the yuga hideout legit too like five times and ended up killing everyone

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I killed everyone in yiga hideout with master sword sneak strikes and only lured the last guy with a banana to do the same to him so I could get behind him. Took me like three or four tries but that's more because I purposefully enjoyed the challenge of it, even if I realized I could just skip them all. That and I wanted the loot.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I fought them in honorable combat, which to me means a lot of bombs and bomb arrows

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Harrow posted:

Somehow I don't remember what you get for doing all of them, though. Each one is a shrine, but I don't remember what you get for doing all of them.

I got there with 12 hearts, so finishing the all the shrines got me enough to get one more heart and the Master Sword. Felt like a pretty awesome reward, though it was only after I looked things up and realized you just needed 13 hearts and could have gone and switch one of my stamina bars out for it, a little bit of the magic died. Still, awesome coincidence all the same.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I think we can all agree star fragments are the biggest pita ingredient. Getting dragon parts is a cake walk and I can basically stroll up and farm them at perfect spots as much as I want, but star fragments require 7-8 day skips on top of a giant rear end hike to get one.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Lemming posted:

I fought them in honorable combat, which to me means a lot of bombs and bomb arrows

I basically just mess with yiga ambushers now whenever I can by trying to figure out weird ways to kill the fuckers, although when they ambush you in lightning storms its by far the best.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

What is the name of that Shadow of Colossus-esque theme that played during the January reveal trailer? I've completely forgotten which battle triggers it.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
How durable are the champion weapons, which I've never actually used?

Also, did the patch remove magnesis raft-steering? Because I tried using the raft at that ocean shrine and none of my weapons could push it at all.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What is the name of that Shadow of Colossus-esque theme that played during the January reveal trailer? I've completely forgotten which battle triggers it.

As far as I know, the trailer music is absent from the game.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Heh, I've explored so goddamn much I can hit 70 easily, and i have to specifically chose low armor pieces to get below 40. I have only 3 shrines left to find, and I still haven't gotten that drat electric chest.

Also, its funny how you get lightning resistance/immunity from the show set bonus, the thunder helm and the rubber suit. I wish the hyrule armor set had a special bonus, like maybe defense up or more defense than the other suits 'cause its amazing looking. And is there any point to the jewel head pieces other than to get stuff that needs a super loving rare star piece you cant find anywhere once you get the quest reward? They seem absolutely pointless, especially since they remove set bonuses as WELL as the spin attack for the opal one.

either wqy, im still getting everything and upgrading it lol. Those drat star fragments and horn shards are the loving worst

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Apr 1, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

And is there any point to the jewel head pieces other than to get stuff that needs a super loving rare star piece you cant find anywhere once you get the quest reward? They seem absolutely pointless, especially since they remove set bonuses as WELL as the spin attack for the opal one.

either wqy, im still getting everything and upgrading it lol. Those drat star fragments and horn shards are the loving worst

Handy if you want to mix and match protection with climbing or stealth, and they're a lot easier to get to high level.

Plus they let Link's glorious golden locks flow free for that all-important fashion stat.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

Runcible Cat posted:

they're a lot easier to get to high level.

What the gently caress are you talking about

Is there some meteorite mine I'm missing? I have had every head piece to 4 stars for a while (for the most part), but I have all but 2 jewel pieces at like level 2 because I've only gotten 2 star fragments :psyduck:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just finished the divine beasts, and it's kind of crazy how much harder every aspect of the camel was compared to the rest. Everything from the setup to the dungeon to the boss.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Is there some meteorite mine I'm missing? I have had every head piece to 4 stars for a while (for the most part), but I have all but 2 jewel pieces at like level 2 because I've only gotten 2 star fragments :psyduck:

I guess I've been luckier with meteorites than monster parts, then....

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

It's a bit of a chasedown thing. "Just one or two stars" is still technically easier than fighting a few dozen Lynels after an hour hunting down lizards and butteflies. Or praying for the right kind of guardian parts to drop (Though Ancient armor adds insult to injury by needing guardian parts AND and a star for rank 4).

The Diamond jewelry meanwhile, "just" needed some diamonds I could smash trade luminous stones into, and two stars total. So I had a rank 3 diamond bling as soon as I got the third great fairy, while I still had to go on collectothon hunting trips for tails, organs, etc, for most everything else.

That said?

Runcible Cat posted:

I guess I've been luckier with meteorites than monster parts, then....

I still had to go out of my way to camp out for my second star. Because the only star I had naturally was some quest reward, because Murphy's law meant every single naturally occurring star in the game was one I'd barely not make it right as I was sprinting the last 20 feet.

But you can basically force star farming just by sitting around, when you need to. It's boring, but still "Easier" than if you had procrastinated on your Barbarian fashion and need a bunch of Lynel parts now that they are mostly silver instead of mostly white maned. Or thinking "Where the gently caress do I find stealthfin fish? Fittingly I've never seen one before." to upgrade your ninja pants.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Apr 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
What is up with the enemy spawning in the new patch?

I've had two Yigas spawn n me several times tonight. Once I had two Yigas spawn as three skeletons jumped out of the ground as soon as I swam to shore. Never seen spawning like that before in 100+ hours.