Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

CLAM DOWN posted:

Where does that interface stand in terms of violating the ToS?

From everything I've seen/read, all good. I haven't had an actual ANet employee tell me so or anything though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Prism posted:

That seems to be a pretty common response.

update: those people were right

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lonk posted:

From everything I've seen/read, all good. I haven't had an actual ANet employee tell me so or anything though.

Crap, okay. They flatout said that some DPS meters are okay but this is a totally different beast and I just don't want to risk it until I see an explicit okay.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
its fine, used it last year

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I've bought a lot of gems Cletus are you sure

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I've bought a lot of gems Cletus are you sure

the more you buy the more likely to overlook you cheating

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

HEY THURSDAY NIGHT CASUAL RAID CREW, no raid tonight, enjoy the return of SAB! See you all next Thursday :)

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Crap, okay. They flatout said that some DPS meters are okay but this is a totally different beast and I just don't want to risk it until I see an explicit okay.

Yeah, a bunch of us used it last year. It was my understanding that since it didn't alter any game code, it was fine.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
TACO and similar overlays are safe and OK to use, they use the API to get information iirc.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Both modes of SAB are an incredibly terrible look at why when people talk about how old games were hard they were actually bad.

E: Or I guess more specifically why peoples memories of old games are bullshit.

Orv fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Mar 31, 2017

desudrive
Jan 10, 2010

Destroy All Memes
TIL all old games are bad. All of them.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

desudrive posted:

TIL all old games are bad. All of them.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Tribulation mode is more like a joke on frustration romhacks and I Wanna Be The Guy style games, thus the exploding flowers, abundance of instant kill spikes, etc. but it fits with the quarter/continue coin munching arcade machine bit too. Likewise infantile mode is the more modern hand-holding easy mode with constant achievements for doing very little. The particular visual style of SAB is just one of a couple different "hey, video games!" themes thrown together.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
What I don't get is why regular mode got easy mode treatment. I thought infantile mode was for that?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

What I don't get is why regular mode got easy mode treatment. I thought infantile mode was for that?

Eh? Infantile mode is a LOT easier than regular mode.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-tC1lOPE3o

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

CLAM DOWN posted:

Eh? Infantile mode is a LOT easier than regular mode.

Sure, but consider Storm Cliffs - now even in regular mode you basically skip 80%+ of the level thanks to lots of purple teleporters that weren't there when I last did SAB (something like 2013?)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Sure, but consider Storm Cliffs - now even in regular mode you basically skip 80%+ of the level thanks to lots of purple teleporters that weren't there when I last did SAB (something like 2013?)

I honestly don't know if I've ever seen those teleporters either, I can't place them in my head. Are they new??

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Erdricks posted:

Those teleports were there last year. It made normal mode actually feel normal, opinion me.

Also opinion me, even though we all know it's coming, I love the 4/1 patch notes.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
General:
Alacrity now grants 200 to all stats, and speeds up skill recharge by 150%.
Fixed a bug that prevented random number generation from being affected by wishful thinking.
Random number generation is no longer random. It is now seeded by account name.
We have added a Gem Store item that will allow you to change your account name for the low, low price of 2,000 gems. There is no limit on the number of purchases.
If you plant Caladbolg in the Grove, you will gain a new Mini Trahearne Backpack. With careful feeding and attention, he will grow up to accompany you on your adventures.
Additional beard skins can be unlocked after purchasing Wide Rim Glasses and Shoulder Scarf from the Gem Store.
Sylvari now regenerate 1% of their health in sunlight. Requires water.
Elementalist:
Fire Attunement now sets the caster on fire until water attunement is cast.
Engineer:
A new bomb cannot be placed until all existing bombs have exploded.
Guardian:
Reduced longbow skill range to 600. Increased range of projectiles fired by shield skills to 1,200 to compensate.
Morality system added for guardians. Failing to remain virtuous will cause you to lose access to your Virtue skills.
Mesmer:
Due to time fluctuations, Alacrity can no longer be applied to chronomancers.
The following mesmer weapons can now only be wielded in the off hand: sword, scepter, staff, and greatsword.
Necromancer:
Minion skills now require corpses. Flesh Golem requires multiple corpses to cast.
Fixed a bug that allowed professions other than necromancer to talk to ghost NPCs.
Ranger:
Ranger pets now require food. Failing to feed your pet will cause them to leave your kennel.
Rangers can now dual-wield short bows.
Revenant:
The Legendary Assassin Stance skill Phase Traversal now creates a portal that other players can use to follow you.
Fixed a typo: “Facet of X” has been changed to “Faucet of X.” The functionality of this skill has been updated to reflect its fixed name.
Thief:
Stealing from NPCs will now aggro town guards if you are seen.
Shadowstepping no longer functions in areas with no shadows.
Warrior:
Warriors can now triple-wield weapons by slotting a third weapon into their helmet slot.
Phalanx Strength now applies Fury, Regeneration, Protection, Aegis, Resistance, Vigor, Swiftness, Quickness, Alacrity, Spotter, Stealth, Super Speed, and Fire Attunement in addition to Might.
Raids
General
Infantile mode is now available for all raids. Bosses have 50% reduced health and outgoing damage. Loot from the boss chests consists of two blues and a green.
Elementalists now gain a -20% outgoing damage enhancement when setting foot in a raid, until they leave.
Spirit Vale:
The Vale Guardian now splits into six colors instead of three.
Salvation Pass:
Slothasor is tired of the constant interrupts from his naps and will now enrage, dealing 500% outgoing damage each time he wakes up.
Stronghold of the Faithful:
Glenna insists she is not your puppy and will now sometimes refuse to follow players.
Bastion of the Penitent:
The Mursaat Overseer now has new chess pieces added to its encounter.
Jade knights will instantly stomp any player that is downed.
Jade bishops will dash in unpredictable diagonal patterns across the room, claiming all tiles in their path.
Lion’s Arch Aerodrome:
The trading-post merchant has been crushed by boxes again. Look for his return when his lawsuit against the Black Lion Trading Company inevitably ends in dismissal.
The technician in the Special Forces Training Arena has finished collecting her data and as such does not require adventurers’ aid. She has left the zone and will no longer spawn golems. She was last heard muttering something about DPS meter elitism.
Fractals
PvP
Extended our dishonor system to anyone who says “get good” in chat.
If a thief kills another thief, they receive 5 minutes of dishonor.
WvW
Now when ArenaNet claims an objective, all players inside the objective are invulnerable.
World-linked all worlds in NA to Blackgate and every world in EU to Far Shiverpeaks.
Killing members of Yak’s Bend will now count toward the Yakslapper title.
The tides have risen in the Eternal Battlegrounds. All combat is underwater.
The team that controls Stonemist may now send invaders into other worlds’ dungeons and raid instances. Invaders will be represented by a red glow.
Epidemic target cap is now unlimited in WvW.
Siege adjustments:
Removed trebuchets.
Removed catapults.
Removed shield generators.
Removed ballistas.
Removed siege golems.
Halved damage on flame rams.
Doubled damage on arrow carts.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I like it. goofy metacommentary stuff is always great from game companies, lets us know that they do really listen. The necro requires corpses thing was such a bitch in gw1 lol, some enemies like ghosts just didn't have bodies to reanimate so you were hosed if you took a minion master build into some late game dungeons.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

they managed to work a two blues and a green joke in there

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://charrio.thatshaman.com/

iluv
Dec 4, 2006

cutthroats 9
i just picked up the free to play game and been messing around in spvp flailing as a staff elementalist. wondering if I should buy the game, I'm mostly just interested in spvp. are the goon guilds still active?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Yes, but please don't buy the game for spvp as down that road lies disappointment

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Two of my jokes made it into the patch notes. I'm quite pleased with myself.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Pseudoscorpion posted:

found em

Lonk posted:

Necromancer

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Could someone send out invites for SFD? Been waiting a few days now, not sure if anyone is checking the auth thread anymore. There are some other folks waiting as well.

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Sheep posted:

Could someone send out invites for SFD? Been waiting a few days now, not sure if anyone is checking the auth thread anymore. There are some other folks waiting as well.

Check your guild panel ingame to accept the invite, you got one two days ago. Everyone else got theirs as well, there shouldn't be anyone waiting for an invite.

Quitte fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 1, 2017

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
yeah the game doesnt actually tell you about invites unless youre online when it happens iirc

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Oh there it is, thanks :v:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Yeah, no one waits for an invite, we have a swarm of helpful officers sending them constantly, but the game does not do a good job of telling you that you have one waiting if you don't know where to look :(

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Pseudoscorpion posted:

The savage raid infantile joke, and the fractal section with the empty bullet point? Those two were my faves.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

iluv posted:

i just picked up the free to play game and been messing around in spvp flailing as a staff elementalist. wondering if I should buy the game, I'm mostly just interested in spvp. are the goon guilds still active?

Power creep with the elite specs is real. Staff ele is going to fall off just due to the sheer damage output people have and the lack of mitigation you'll have to handle it. The game is active but the actual goon pvp centered players are few. As the guy who did play gw2 for the spvp, if you enjoy it go ahead it is going to more or less be what you've already played. I'm at 7554 spvp games played.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

gently caress this flying circus.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I think I lost a heart unlock somewhere, somehow. I may be misremembering though, and I haven't fought the storm wizard yet this year.

Getting into the rhythm for dealing with the assassins is a pain in the rear end, but I'll probably get it. Probably.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Unnnnggghh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxEYyQHEBXc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

christ, and that's without the cheat overlay too, :wtc: