Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Luna Was Here posted:

gently caress you amazon ship my poo poo!!!!

Also I spoiled the poo poo out of myself for this game but I did that with P4 too and it's still one of my favorite games so w/e, game's still gonna be great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Does persona 5 offer subtitles for the cutscene? That was annoying when the prior games didn't have it for the animated parts.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Ineffiable posted:

Does persona 5 offer subtitles for the cutscene? That was annoying when the prior games didn't have it for the animated parts.

Yeah, I saw them do it in the giant bomb quick look. There should be a toggle for it in the options.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Without having played, I've seen people saying it does if you enable it in options and seen a pic of one with subs too (though that could have always been a youtube sub or whatever) so basically, signs point to yes.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Thanks. I know it's a minor thing but it really helps my enjoyment of the story. Can't wait!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the fourth option in the CONFIG menu is literally Animation Subtitles which does what you want

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Cancelled my gamestop pre order and bought it off PSN. Sure I'll get to play it 2 hours later (assuming gamestop does a 9pm release) but this means I don't have to leave the house and can start drinking earlier in preparation for hanging out with my anime pals.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Will this game have a big Day 1 Patch as is the normal for games these days? I'm asking because my PS4 won't connect to my Wifi after the 4.50 system update, and thanks to where my router is set up, trying to do a wired connection is just an inconvenient pain in the rear end.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

XavierGenisi posted:

Will this game have a big Day 1 Patch as is the normal for games these days? I'm asking because my PS4 won't connect to my Wifi after the 4.50 system update, and thanks to where my router is set up, trying to do a wired connection is just an inconvenient pain in the rear end.

There's no patch outside of downloading the japanese dub if you were waiting on that.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Tae posted:

There's no patch outside of downloading the japanese dub if you were waiting on that.

I'm not, so phew. That's good to hear.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i tried playing for a bit, but the dub is really bad so i turned if off

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:allears:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Davincie posted:

i tried playing for a bit, but the dub is really bad so i turned if off

Agreed, I refuse to play the game in anything but the original English.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

From now on you can only post your opinion about which dub you like and not your opinion about opinions on which dub someone likes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dryzen posted:

From now on you can only post your opinion about which dub you like and not your opinion about opinions on which dub someone likes

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Dryzen posted:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

well this anger has to go somewhere!

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

that's how you find ur persona

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The dub shits the bed after September

Makoto is suddenly arguing with some robot and there's some bullshit about hacking and towers that has nothing to do with the story

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Makoto is suddenly arguing with some robot and there's some bullshit about hacking and towers that has nothing to do with the story

do you mean dub or story here

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's like she's voicing a completely different game

Is there seriously robots and towers after september

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think the dub is just totally making up plot points out of thin air, yes.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

What?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It was a nier automata thing, I thought more people played it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did, I was confused because it didn't seem like a joke at all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

It was a nier automata thing, I thought more people played it
nier automata invented robots and towers

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

The photocopier at the recording studio was on the fritz. It was a terrible accident. Please try to be a little more sensitive toward the victims of the Great Script Shuffle of 2016.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
we're all gonna go insane before april 4th

Captain Baal posted:

I did, I was confused because it didn't seem like a joke at all.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

At least one person got what I was going for, thank you

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tae posted:

At least one person got what I was going for, thank you

I'm glad there is someone else just as off as you are here

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Saint Freak posted:

Gonna play through blind and gently caress everything up so I have an excuse to play through again with a guide once all the DLC is out

That's the best way to play Persona games.

Like the best way to play Fire Emblem games is to do a war-is-hell no reloads playthrough then play again to do it perfectly.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Also I spoiled the poo poo out of myself for this game but I did that with P4 too and it's still one of my favorite games so w/e, game's still gonna be great

I'm shockingly unspoiled on this. I only know what happens during the first dungon because I broke last week and what the other party members look like.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

poofy hair is still my friend

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Erg posted:

poofy hair is still my friend

You mean Haru? Her voice is hiiiigh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Persona 4 got me into JRPGs and especially the SMT series. But outside of looking stylish as gently caress I don't feel that Persona 5 is going to be better than Apocalypse.

Also the Apocalypse dub is so much loving better than what I've heard of the P5 dub despite having the same cast. It's weird.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i really need to play Apocalypse and also IV. The story of Apocalypse is weirdly like the most appealing thing to me cause it sounds loving buckwild and im glad it's also a good SMT game after apparently IV was busted at times

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

The amount of people already playing this is killin' me...

Haven't been this excited about a game since Bloodborne.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Moltrey posted:

i really need to play Apocalypse and also IV. The story of Apocalypse is weirdly like the most appealing thing to me cause it sounds loving buckwild and im glad it's also a good SMT game after apparently IV was busted at times

IV was good and Apocalypse is a more refined version (think the X-2 to final fantasy 10). You'll especially love it if you normally prefer persona to mainline SMT. Fair warning though, the final dungeon is hands down the worst in the entire series.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i hope this game brings back the same face-numbingly painful experiences that SMT 3 hard mode brought me minus mot & matador shenanigans. those were too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

I remember feeling extremely late to the party playing P3 & 4 in 2012, which was five goddamn years ago.

It's actually gonna be out in less than two days. Ridiculous