Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

What's up with those average hourly wages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Has Kellyanne Conway been thrown down a hole?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

It's average so a few high earners distort the gently caress out of it. Median wages are garbage.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Man, what a mess. Someone needs to drag Donnie away from the TV.

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/848239736548466688

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Man, what a mess. Someone needs to drag Donnie away from the TV.

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/848239736548466688

I think this is one of the most damning things seriously. He has access to the highest levels of intelligence and chooses instead to watch fox loving news. :psyduck:

Yo trump you should be making the news not watching it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Two Finger posted:

I think this is one of the most damning things seriously. He has access to the highest levels of intelligence and chooses instead to watch fox loving news. :psyduck:

Yo trump you should be making the news not watching it.

I think I'd prefer that he does neither.

Unfortunately he's doing both in this ourobouros of stupid.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Here's a complete list of the business that Trump owns that open him to bribery and corruption with foreign powers:

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/03/donald-trump-conflicts-of-interests/508382/

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Yeah at about 10.52 per hour I think my target cart attendant job would be an outlier in that lineup. I did see a sticker on the cardboard compactor in the backroom that had a lizard eye with the words 'Stay Out!' on it, so I figure there's promotional opportunities to get in with those cushy Illuminati positions..That's probably where the higher pay positions are.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Oops.

quote:

The head of the Environmental Protection Agency is under investigation for allegedly lying to the Senate during his confirmation hearing.

Scott Pruitt is being investigated by the Oklahoma Bar Association due to a complaint that he lied under oath when he claimed he’s never used personal email to conduct official business while serving as Oklahoma’s attorney general, which would be a violation of the Oklahoma Rules of Professional Conduct.

“I use only my official [office of the attorney general] email address and government-issued phone to conduct official business,” Pruitt told the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee on January 18, but emails released in a lawsuit last month show Pruitt did use a private email address for official business.

From Salon:

quote:

On the eve of his confirmation last month, Pruitt was ordered by an Oklahoma judge to turn over thousands of communications between his office and the fossil fuel industry. Before those records were made public, however, Senate Republicans rushed to narrowly confirm Pruitt to lead the EPA. After his confirmation to lead the EPA, it was revealed that Pruitt’s personal email account was used for communication with the American Legislative Exchange Council and the American Fuel & Petrochemical Manufacturers while he served as Oklahoma’s attorney general.

“Lying to Congress is a serious ethical breach, and it doesn’t help that Pruitt’s use of private emails reflect potential collusion with the very oil and gas industry he’s now supposed to be regulating,”Amy Atwood, an attorney for the Center for Biological Diversity said in a statement.

When the investigation is finished, it will be turned over to Oklahoma’s Professional Responsibility Commission for review.
http://deadstate.org/trumps-epa-chief-is-under-investigation-for-lying-to-the-senate-while-under-oath/

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
serious question with a probably obvious answer. how many investigations get started just because the headline will be damaging enough?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TBeats posted:

serious question with a probably obvious answer. how many investigations get started just because the headline will be damaging enough?

You know that rule that prevented ISP's from selling your data without written permission? Obama made that change late last year because he knew that the GOP would repeal it and that it would make them look like poo poo.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TBeats posted:

How many investigations into one Benjamin Ghazi were there?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

bird food bathtub posted:

not enough

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Okay 8? poo poo I woulda figured we hit double digits by now.

IT'S NOT TOO LATE :tinfoil:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Working as god intended.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

I think I'd prefer that he does neither.

Unfortunately he's doing both in this ourobouros of stupid.

I still can't understand it. I just can't.
How in god's name can you think that a loving for-profit news network is where the goddamned president of the united loving states of amerussia should be getting his news

How
HOW do you not see 1) their bias and 2) that they are only rehashing what they have been told often by the very government agencies you are ignoring

this is so hosed my poor brain is hurting trying to understand it all

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Two Finger posted:

this is so hosed my poor brain is hurting trying to understand it all

The easiest and most charitable explanation is that in Donnie's world/head, truth doesn't matter. If it's good for him, it's intrinsically good. If it's bad for him, it's intrinsically bad.

If a complete bullshit news organization prints something good about Donnie, it is a Good Publication. That's how he gets on places like Infowars and praises National Enquirer, in addition to Fox News.

That is also why he continuously calls WaPo and CNN FAKE NEWS (sad!), but then calls them when he has poo poo to say. Right now, they are BAD and FAKE NEWS. But if they go back to praising Donnie, they will be Good Publications again and that's all he wants.

Donnie doesn't see slant, he doesn't see bias, he doesn't see truth. If it's good for Donnie, it's good. If it trashes Donnie, it's bad, false, and fake and must be destroyed. Simple as that, mostly.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

The easiest and most charitable explanation is that in Donnie's world/head, truth doesn't matter. If it's good for him, it's intrinsically good. If it's bad for him, it's intrinsically bad.

If a complete bullshit news organization prints something good about Donnie, it is a Good Publication. That's how he gets on places like Infowars and praises National Enquirer, in addition to Fox News.

That is also why he continuously calls WaPo and CNN FAKE NEWS (sad!), but then calls them when he has poo poo to say. Right now, they are BAD and FAKE NEWS. But if they go back to praising Donnie, they will be Good Publications again and that's all he wants.

Donnie doesn't see slant, he doesn't see bias, he doesn't see truth. If it's good for Donnie, it's good. If it trashes Donnie, it's bad, false, and fake and must be destroyed. Simple as that, mostly.

true, if you look at it from the perspective 'donnie is out for donnie, not the USA' it makes sense i guess

gently caress that's sad though

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

facialimpediment posted:

A textbook narcissist.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

See also: his response to any criticism, negativity, advice or anything short of jubilant flattery of his absolute perfection. He has one mode and one mode only to respond to anything else, attack attack attack. I forget the piece I read but when it was clear the poo poo filled, miserable excuse for a travesty of a health care bill he had yoked himself too wasn't going to sail through with unanimous acceptance and flattering praise for his brilliant leadership one of the things he did was absolutely demand Paul Ryan have a vote on the bill. A bill everyone knew would fail bigly and be made a laughing stock of the political process. He gave zero fucks about any of the fallout from forcing a vote that had everyone else making GBS threads their pants.

He wanted the vote so he could get a list of names to attack. That was the most important part of the process to him at that point; who he could attack for its failure. He still went and did it anyway by sending surrogates threatening the most vocal opponents with a primary challenge of his own as punishment.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Trump would absolutely be my favorite character in a movie though.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

TBeats posted:

Trump would absolutely be my favorite character in a movie though.

That's a huge problem though. People think movie morality can apply to real life problems, they want someone to just kick rear end and lay down sick burns.

It's the same kind of troubling trend when people in the politics began to admire Jack Bauer and thought of him as a role model while ignoring his flaws.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P52G4Kyq5M

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/ajc/status/848211282402697217

I guess they needed someone to blame

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Nothing surprises me anymore.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Yep. Already someone blaming it on vagrants instead of the piles and piles of plastic stored under a bridge.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Welp, they have three hots and a cot now.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

if only

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Judge: Lawsuit Accusing Trump of Inciting Violence Can Proceed

VOA News posted:

A federal judge has ruled that a lawsuit accusing Donald Trump of inciting violence against protesters at a presidential campaign rally last year can move forward, denying a free speech argument against the suit.

The ruling by U.S. District Court Judge David Hale in Louisville, Kentucky, opens the way for the lawsuit brought by three protesters to proceed through the legal system. The suit is against Trump, his campaign and three of his supporters.

Plaintiffs Henry Brousseau, Kashiya Nwanguma and Molly Shah say they were battered by Trump supporters at a March 2016 rally in Louisville as Trump repeatedly said “Get ‘em out.”

Trump’s lawyers argued a free speech defense against the lawsuit, and said Trump did not intend for his supporters to use force.

Hale wrote in an opinion and order that “it is plausible that Trump’s direction to ‘get ‘em out of here’ advocated the use of force. … It was an order, an instruction, a command.”

Trump’s lawyers argued that the protesters assumed risk of injury when they decided to attend the rally and the defendants cannot be held liable.

The judge, however, countered that under the law, every person has a duty to every other person to use care to prevent foreseeable injury.

havin' a hearty lol at the bolded bit

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Narcissism is almost impossible to treat because the afflicted will never view themselves as a narcissist and, if ordered to seek therapy, will believe themselves smarter and better than the therapist and not needing any change. It's caused by having poo poo self-esteem deep down, so they delude themselves into the lie that they are actually their ideal self instead of their real self. It's an ego protection mechanism and anything at all that puts up a mirror to their imperfections is viciously attacked and must be destroyed. They develop obsessions with enemies and allies and you are either one or the other to them. They also need a constant supply of adulation so they surround themselves with yes-men and grandstand to get attention and validation (narcissistic supply). To them, the most important quality is loyalty, not truth.

If you scan their brains, they also have less gray matter in the left anterior insula and the area of the prefrontal cortex that processes empathy/compassion. This means their cognitive function and emotional regulation are already compromised. They also have unusually high activity in a region of the brain associated with self-directed thinking. There's also increased activity in the part of the frontal cortex that does impulse control, which actually corresponds to more impulsive behavior. Like they have so many crazy impulses to do stupid and destructive poo poo that it is overloading their self-control mechanisms.

Think about how terrifying your own internal monologue is then multiply that by several times in a brain that lacks empathy and compassion for others and is obsessed with the self.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

LOL at how badly Trump pissed off every judge in the country.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Sergg posted:

Narcissism is almost impossible to treat because the afflicted will never view themselves as a narcissist and, if ordered to seek therapy, will believe themselves smarter and better than the therapist and not needing any change. It's caused by having poo poo self-esteem deep down, so they delude themselves into the lie that they are actually their ideal self instead of their real self. It's an ego protection mechanism and anything at all that puts up a mirror to their imperfections is viciously attacked and must be destroyed. They develop obsessions with enemies and allies and you are either one or the other to them. They also need a constant supply of adulation so they surround themselves with yes-men and grandstand to get attention and validation (narcissistic supply). To them, the most important quality is loyalty, not truth.

If you scan their brains, they also have less gray matter in the left anterior insula and the area of the prefrontal cortex that processes empathy/compassion. This means their cognitive function and emotional regulation are already compromised. They also have unusually high activity in a region of the brain associated with self-directed thinking. There's also increased activity in the part of the frontal cortex that does impulse control, which actually corresponds to more impulsive behavior. Like they have so many crazy impulses to do stupid and destructive poo poo that it is overloading their self-control mechanisms.

Think about how terrifying your own internal monologue is then multiply that by several times in a brain that lacks empathy and compassion for others and is obsessed with the self.

The worst part of this is narcissists in a post-woke (kill me) world who learn the codes and shibboleths of performative empathy who use politeness and helpfulnesses for their own benefit; when you find out eventually - as you will - it's a double betrayal, or letdown.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

While we're on the subject, the LA time editorial board just started a mini-series on "our dishonest [narcissistic] president".

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-ed-our-dishonest-president/

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Impressive.

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/848611973629652995

Full interview is just as nonsensical with the Financial Times.

https://www.ft.com/content/9ae777ea-17ac-11e7-a53d-df09f373be87

If you ever have children, please hug them. Don't always tell them they're special and all that poo poo, but if you don't hug them, we all get to deal with a Donnie.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
But if you, uh... "hug" them too much you end up with an Ivanka.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

you'll cowards don't even smoke crack

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
The candidate that wants to kick out Assange from the embassy within his first 30 days on the job is ahead in the exit polls by 6 percent points. ( Today is Ecuador's runoff election)

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Guacamayo posted:

The candidate that wants to kick out Assange from the embassy within his first 30 days on the job is ahead in the exit polls by 6 percent points. ( Today is Ecuador's runoff election)

:getin:

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Your av is such a perfect response to 90% of poo poo in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

FrozenVent posted:

LOL at how badly Trump pissed off every judge in the country.

I only recently found Trump has a sister who is a federal judge and has long refused, even in the early days of the campaign, to comment on anything or associate with anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryanne_Trump_Barry

• Locked thread