Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

You care very much indeed, or you wouldn't be here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Thirsty Dog posted:

autistic screeching

:blush:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Maybe we could avoid using autistic as a pejorative. Except in cases where it seems to be both literally correct and pertinent, I guess, like that one conversation thread in D&D where the self-admitted autistic guy literally had trouble understanding why women would be bothered by restrictions on abortion. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, unless I've missed something.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

JerryLee posted:

Maybe we could avoid using autistic as a pejorative. Except in cases where it seems to be both literally correct and pertinent, I guess, like that one conversation thread in D&D where the self-admitted autistic guy literally had trouble understanding why women would be bothered by restrictions on abortion. But that doesn't seem to be the case here, unless I've missed something.

I am totally on board with this, but I don't think our GBS-style friends are the sort to give a gently caress.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

JerryLee posted:

It's why I've been cropping out the end of the "joke's on you" comic, so I'm definitely backing this up.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

JerryLee posted:

the whole GW defenders thing is legit reminding me of the deterioration of a friend's marriage over the past year or so, where every so often they'd tell me about how they'd come to a new understanding over the most recent blowup, things weren't great but they were getting better, just look at [token gestures of improvement or short periods when things weren't so bad]

This is an interesting perspective. Occasionally the tone of this thread reminds me of individuals I have encountered who after a break up will obsess about their ex-partners rather than moving on. Often they have been on the receiving end of the shittier, less committed member of the relationship which is fair enough but really, rather than talking about what Stephanie is up to and why she will never survive at her new job because she is just hopeless with money and the next guy that goes out with her is going to have such a lovely time when he finds out what a bitch she is, just delete her number, unfriend her in facebook and move on chum. Stop talking about her for five minutes and you might find there are plenty more fish in the sea and you feel better and less bitter all the drat time.

JackMack fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 1, 2017

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I miss LeperFleshs annual post about the financial statement. I understand why he doesn't do them now. :smith:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The Skeleton King posted:

It's really weird watching a game of 40k on the tabletop after I spent an afternoon playing Dawn of War 2. The game is fast paced and is pretty small in scale, meanwhile the tabletop game is slow, huge, and boring.

I feel like DoW 2 is closer to what the tabletop game should be.

I think you're a loving retard if you are surprised a video game plays faster than a physical tabletop game hth

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

JerryLee posted:

Something Awful dot com

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I'd play RTS games, but the cost of entry for something that also requires a computer to use is just too high. loving elitists; I'm not made of money!

Broken Record Talk fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 1, 2017

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Thirsty Dog posted:

You care very much indeed, or you wouldn't be here.

You have two pages of posts in this, a thread about thousand word meltadowns in response to ketchup copypasta and chafingly enthusiastic self-flagellation to both an anime titty miniatures game and long-winded tiresome leperflesh tomes about 100 level business and accounting concepts.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

JackMack posted:

This is an interesting perspective. Occasionally the tone of this thread reminds me of individuals I have encountered who after a break up will obsess about their ex-partners rather than moving on. Often they have been on the receiving end of the shittier, less committed member of the relationship which is fair enough but really, rather than talking about what Stephanie is up to and why she will never survive at her new job because she is just hopeless with money and the next guy that goes out with her is going to have such a lovely time when he finds out what a bitch she is, just delete her number, unfriend her in facebook and move on chum. Stop talking about her for five minutes and you might find there are plenty more fish in the sea and you feel better and less bitter all the drat time.

I mean there's a grain of truth to this but for the metaphor to be complete you'd also need to be regularly encountering your ex out in public/social situations and them to still be doing 90% of the poo poo that made you (and plenty of others) fall out with them in the first place, which IMO makes it more reasonable to be thinking/gossiping about them

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

tallkidwithglasses posted:

You have two pages of posts in this, a thread about thousand word meltadowns in response to ketchup copypasta and chafingly enthusiastic self-flagellation to both an anime titty miniatures game and long-winded tiresome leperflesh tomes about 100 level business and accounting concepts.

Gosh. A whole 46 posts in a near-100 page thread, and the majority of them since the 40k badposter invasion a day or two ago. Truly I am some kind of weirdo obsessive. Oh, what's this? You have over half as many posts as me, and I've been here from the start. So I guess this proves we both care?

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

JerryLee posted:

I mean there's a grain of truth to this but for the metaphor to be complete you'd also need to be regularly encountering your ex out in public/social situations and them to still be doing 90% of the poo poo that made you (and plenty of others) fall out with them in the first place, which IMO makes it more reasonable to be thinking/gossiping about them

I would still be telling that dude to sever...

Also to drag the analogy out it would also involve the guy telling other people who quite liked Stephanie that she was terrible and at times almost implying that they were mindless idiots for continuing to be her friend.

Also he starts an internet thread about when she is going to die and looking forward to that.... and that is the end of the metaphor.

I can also see your metaphor but wonder if it is more equivalent to a couple who are stuck in a relationship where things are comfortable to the point of stagnation. The relationship is chugging along, the sex happens, the routine is set up, the spark perhaps for many is gone and they are just going through the motions. Maybe you would be happier with someone else, someone sleeker, sexier and more exciting but you know what that is a big leap in the dark and is it really that bad where they are at and some are just too old to face the dating seen and all that wearing in of a relationship? And it can't be denied that it is still fun.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
companies are not like people and they are especially not like people you used to date okay

the only thing the two have in common is that you can discuss either without being a gigantic sack of poo poo w/r/t autistic people or whoever

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

JerryLee posted:

the whole GW defenders thing is legit reminding me of the deterioration of a friend's marriage over the past year or so, where every so often they'd tell me about how they'd come to a new understanding over the most recent blowup, things weren't great but they were getting better, just look at [token gestures of improvement or short periods when things weren't so bad]

It's really weird how often people itt describe relationships with GW like romantic relationships with actual humans

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh

Guy Goodbody posted:

It's really weird how often people itt describe relationships with GW like romantic relationships with actual humans

having never been in a romantic relationship with a human being, the love of a consumer for a corporation is the closest many nerds have come

Avenging Dentist fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 1, 2017

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

companies are not like people and they are especially not like people you used to date okay

the only thing the two have in common is that you can discuss either without being a gigantic sack of poo poo w/r/t autistic people or whoever

I feel sorry for the Autistics because GW products cost a lot down under.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
Lotta people seem anxious about 8th ed and are looking to argue on the internet. Further proof GW is good now.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I'm excited for 8th. Each edition I've played has been better than the previous.

Southern Heel
Jul 2, 2004

Just got back from my local GW store how'd I do?

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Southern Heel posted:

Just got back from my local GW store how'd I do?

don't give GW money and don't undermine the integrity of the space-time continuum

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

ijyt posted:

I think you're a loving retard if you are surprised a video game plays faster than a physical tabletop game hth

And you are just a poo poo stirring douchebag fur freak who nobody wants in here that I can tell because you are an rear end in a top hat who seems to be another Retard fanboy of a consumer products company who doesn't give a gently caress about anything but your goddamn money. And is butthurt this harmless little thread mocks his precious little ego that is stupidly connected to them. Hth.

And I've been buying GW stuff since I first got Rogue Trader in like the same week I went to see Terminator 2 in the theaters. And just told one store to make sure he got extra Armageddonromundas on because I'm probably gonna buy and inappropriately fondle the box.

God GW fanboys are almost worse than Nintendo fans. If you enjoy thing by rear end in a top hat company loving enjoy it and don't be a little bitch because others don't. Or is your level of self esteem so low everyone just HAS TO LIKE MY THING or you go cry into your Space Marine/Mario humping pillow?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jeb Bush 2012 posted:

don't give GW money and don't undermine the integrity of the space-time continuum

Time traveling to give GW money is right out.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Captain Rufus posted:

And you are just a poo poo stirring douchebag fur freak who nobody wants in here that I can tell because you are an rear end in a top hat who seems to be another Retard fanboy of a consumer products company who doesn't give a gently caress about anything but your goddamn money. And is butthurt this harmless little thread mocks his precious little ego that is stupidly connected to them. Hth.

And I've been buying GW stuff since I first got Rogue Trader in like the same week I went to see Terminator 2 in the theaters. And just told one store to make sure he got extra Armageddonromundas on because I'm probably gonna buy and inappropriately fondle the box.

God GW fanboys are almost worse than Nintendo fans. If you enjoy thing by rear end in a top hat company loving enjoy it and don't be a little bitch because others don't. Or is your level of self esteem so low everyone just HAS TO LIKE MY THING or you go cry into your Space Marine/Mario humping pillow?

Holy loving lol.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Captain Rufus posted:

"I'm not mad!!!" they cried, madly.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

do they actually sell space marine body pillows though real talk

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Captain Rufus posted:

Mice knelt down.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
ITS A COPY AND PASTE. DONT REPLY TO IT. :downsbravo:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

TTerrible posted:

Mice knelt down.

TTerrible posted:

APRIL FOOLED :negative:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

TTerrible posted:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tekopo posted:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving

Covering all bases at all times.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

the invention of the copy-paste function was a mistake

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TTerrible posted:

Covering all bases at all times.

When you can no longer tell what's real and what is not, when you are on a hair trigger to lash out... That is when you finally belong in the Dead Thread.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

the logical evolution is that both sides just c+p arguments from elsewhere until the entire thing becomes a huge argument by proxy and passerbys don't know what the gently caress

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

nice meltydown

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Tekopo posted:

the logical evolution is that both sides just c+p arguments from elsewhere until the entire thing becomes a huge argument by proxy and passerbys don't know what the gently caress

I'm hoping that was several pages back or this is real loving bad.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

TTerrible posted:

:sbahj:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

TTerrible posted:

I'm hoping that was several pages back or this is real loving bad.
search your feelings and you will find the answer

• Locked thread