Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

TGLT posted:

Not even just a "gently caress New Players." Infinite crime spree sounds like how me and my friends already play this game, so it's cool to have an actual codified game mode for that with bonuses and poo poo. But unless CCs become like loving water it sounds like we're going to have to periodically dip out so we can scrounge up coins for the fun tax. Or prolly just find a way to circumvent it.
Five Four posts up from this your one. Hope that helps.

Edit: loving new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

maswastaken posted:

Get rekt nerd.

Serious talk though I think we should just let it play out for now. If it means playing a heist or raid 2x for your "fun tax" then so be it. use goonmod for maximum coin, cheater.

I'm genuinely interested in the nightmare to come.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So you can cheat it out with goonmod, can you low-effort it with just finding and picking out the coin entry in cheatengine and punching in 10000 or something too? Or is it not actually that easy in this case/would that set off some cheater stuff or something.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Yardbomb posted:

So you can cheat it out with goonmod, can you low-effort it with just finding and picking out the coin entry in cheatengine and punching in 10000 or something too? Or is it not actually that easy in this case/would that set off some cheater stuff or something.

It doesn't set off any cheating monitoring and it's also not considered a cheat.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Are y'all really worried about how to get illegitimate goods in a game about theft lmbo

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

maswastaken posted:

Yeah, I saw and that's what I figured we'll just end up doing. Ideally the price just wouldn't exist though or be tied to something else.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

If it means playing ... raid 2x

I can imagine no worse fate.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HebrewMagic posted:

Are y'all really worried about how to get illegitimate goods in a game about theft lmbo

you wouldn't download a car

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Coolguye posted:

Is it Gaddafi's?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
*concentrates really hard & looks like a nuclear submarine is trying to pilot its way through my intestines* ......maybe?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Coolguye posted:

the gently caress I wouldn't

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

HebrewMagic posted:

Just the most effective/easy way. :smuggo:

Coolguye posted:

Well yeah, it'd be an abrams, might as well go for the gold.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Discendo Vox posted:

Step 1: Get Goonmod. It's still fully functional, and has the Overkill Seal of We Hired the Modder.
Step 2: Go to the mods folder and open a text file called "mods_shop". It will be under "GoonMod/mods".
Step 3: Save a backup of the file just in case.
Step 4: Find the string, "tweak_data.safehouse.rewards.challenge" near the end of the file.
Step 5: Replace the string in quotes above with a number. This number will be the number of Continental Coins you get for completing a package set!
Step 6: Bear in mind the completion screen at the end of the heist will count your coins, so don't go too crazy. Zoidberg once set it to 1000, and was host. That was a long evening. When I want to get more coins I set it to 25.

With some more tweaking, that file can also let you buy any mask customization item (if you have legit access to it) for a single CC. So you can get DLC masks only if you own the DLC/unlocked the mask, you can only get halloween stuff during halloween, etc.
Quoting for when I am at my computer.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Details of the planned releases for the Spring Break Event have been leaked. Gimme a minute.

Day 1: Survival Mode
no ammo drops from enemies, all perk decks disabled- "A challenge for hardcore heisters"

Day 2: New Endless Heists
endless variants of Slaughterhouse, Meltdown, individual days from Rats, Firestarter- names of heists, details not stated

Day 3: A mask/masks/Last Stand Heists
Pepe mask, "by popular request". Apparently they negotiated rights with the creator? Other masks are also memes.
Last stand looks like the L4D mode, appears to reuse the escapes. There are apparently objectives and unique rewards for completion.

Day 4: Throwing weapons rebalance
All thrown weapons removed from the game in preparation for a future revamp, coming soon.

Day 5: New safe
The Houston Safe

Day 6: Community grenade launcher
Sauterelle? not sure what it is.

Day 7: New Special Unit
General Summers - Female special cloaker: increases "police intensity" on the map while present.

Day 8: New Character
Jonny and the Superstar Perk Deck. no further details

Day 9: Animations update
Ladder and downed animations updated. "New stealth interaction animations". Something about melee

Day 10: Grand Finale
Achievements added for Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Overkill, and Survival for all heists, plus a ton of additional trophies and cheevos. Teaser trailer being made for remakes of Heat Street and Green Bridge.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 1, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Day 3: Pepe mask, "by popular request". Apparently they negotiated rights with the creator?

And so it becomes even easier to spot the turds.

That day 8 sounds real good though if it is what I think it is and the leak isn't another "Well that's sad" april fools.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Apr 1, 2017

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

General Summers - Female special cloaker: increases "police intensity" on the map while present.

Voiced by Sarah Michelle Gellar or GTFO

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Crossover with Fate of the Furious, Vin Diesel heister.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Yeaaaaaaahahah pepe mask! This'll make up for the lack of Baitface.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Why the gently caress do we need individual achievements for beating poo poo on normal?

And a throwable rebalance? If it didn't sound dumb enough to be real I'd say it was a bunch of horseshit.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Which one are we talking about here? Like Johnny loving Gat?!?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

UnknownMercenary posted:

Why the gently caress do we need individual achievements for beating poo poo on normal?

And a throwable rebalance? If it didn't sound dumb enough to be real I'd say it was a bunch of horseshit.

They were recruiting names for them awhile back on the steam forums. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 1, 2017

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Yeah I think taking away throwables might be a TINY bit controversial.

This is gonna be a loving roller coaster.

e: also gently caress you pepe mask, get the gently caress out of here

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
All these people who still think what Vox posted was real... he could've never fooled me :smugdon:

Guys... endless car shop.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

RandallODim posted:

Yeah I think taking away throwables might be a TINY bit controversial.

This is gonna be a loving roller coaster.

It's less of the success it was to begin with and more of an endurance run to see how much bullshit you can pile on until the foundation breaks. Jules 4 President.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Discendo Vox posted:

Details of the planned releases for the Spring Break Event have been leaked. Gimme a minute.

Day 1: Survival Mode
no ammo drops from enemies, all perk decks disabled- "A challenge for hardcore heisters"

Day 2: New Endless Heists
endless variants of Slaughterhouse, Meltdown, individual days from Rats, Firestarter- names of heists, details not stated

Day 3: A mask/masks/Last Stand Heists
Pepe mask, "by popular request". Apparently they negotiated rights with the creator? Other masks are also memes.
Last stand looks like the L4D mode, appears to reuse the escapes. There are apparently objectives and unique rewards for completion.

Day 4: Throwing weapons rebalance
All thrown weapons removed from the game in preparation for a future revamp, coming soon.

Day 5: New safe
The Houston Safe

Day 6: Community grenade launcher
Sauterelle? not sure what it is.

Day 9: Animations update
Ladder and downed animations updated. "New stealth interaction animations". Something about melee

Day 10: Grand Finale
Achievements added for Normal, Hard, Very Hard, Overkill, and Survival for all heists, plus a ton of additional trophies and cheevos. Teaser trailer being made for remakes of Heat Street and Green Bridge.

Lol ok sure why not

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

All these people who still think what Vox posted was real... he could've never fooled me :smugdon:

Guys... endless car shop.
Fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Look April fools or not I would offer blood to play as Johnny gat

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

One lung, half your liver and your immortal soul and Overkill will talk.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

HebrewMagic posted:

Or how about motherfukin...Ethan!? http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/ethan/

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
It's not the heister we wanted, but it's the heister we deserve.

...I wouldn't mind that beanie mask, though.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Dying at vape tricks.

Overkill please put in a vape.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

HebrewMagic posted:

That would be so amazing! Overkill, I am also willing to offer up this guy's blood if you make it happen.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I am dying from the voicelines, I love this. Also Wilko you mad genius I know it's you behind the perk deck bacground movie.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We need the Smith Syndicate. You can't say you wouldn't play as Mask de Smith. In the name of Harman...

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Somehow the april fools' update broke Tony's armor textures, it's only him too.

Edit: Actually weird, I passed over Rust when I was looking that first time and it's on him too, Rust and Tony only then.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 1, 2017

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I... Don't know who Ethan is.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

per ZDann, hidden stat changes:

Body Expertise was nerfed, AP Sentries have increased damage again
self.values.weapon.automatic_head_shot_add = {0.2, 0.6}
SentryGunWeapon._AP_ROUNDS_DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER = 2.5

edit: the beanies will stay ingame. after this event ends.

For context, "Ethan" is a member of popular youtube group H3H3 productions. I don't know much else about him, but most of the elements of this April Fools gag are references to his schtick. Most of the overkill devs know nothing about H3H3, this joke was pushed by Overkill_Ashley, apparently. Wilko's Ocelot Perk Deck is from Wilko, of course.

The vape weapon was Ethan's idea, he's apparently genuinely obsessed with them in the "vapenation" stereotype, as well as it being part of his gimmick.

edit 2: this update was worth it just for how angry it's making noted payday 2 forums dick [CAS] RAIDING.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 1, 2017

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Onmi posted:

He's a Youtuber, made h3h3 productions.

He's also Jewish.

Fake Edit: My chub and tuck.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Oh..no pepe mask. Darn. i'd even take a "dat boi" mask at this point. frogs for life

Onmi posted:

a guy that hangs out with a nazi

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

spit on my clit posted:

a guy that hangs out with a nazi
Going to need you to be a little more specific than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

maswastaken posted:

Going to need you to be a little more specific than that.

internet comedian jontron said stupid things debating a starcraft streamer on said streamer's channel and is now labeled a nazi because he said dumb things (none of them about jewish people)