Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Why won't any Lynel drop any drat hooves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

...and we liked it that way.
Gawdamn! I am murdering the poo poo out of some silver lynels these days, boys!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Wow, people weren't kidding when they said the Rito village and Divine beast seemed like a last minute addition. Of the 4 settings, its pretty clear Gerudo and Zora areas got the most attention and work done, the Gorons slightly less, and the Rito almost none at all relatively.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Motto posted:

e: oh yeah april fools lmao me

It's okay for through your deep sincerity you managed too pass on the fool to another

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

pentyne posted:

Wow, people weren't kidding when they said the Rito village and Divine beast seemed like a last minute addition. Of the 4 settings, its pretty clear Gerudo and Zora areas got the most attention and work done, the Gorons slightly less, and the Rito almost none at all relatively.

Not to mention how much more involved the side quests leading to gerudo and Zora were.

I liked goron village though.

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...
Yeah, I did Rito last and it was disappointing, especially after the Gerudo high point. Great town, kite surfing and fiendish dungeon mechanics with some cross dressing on the side. It all just seemed like a step down after that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

parallelodad posted:

Savescum before a fight. Reload if none drop. Applies to all farming.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The Rito power is really great for easy loving around in the world. I've definitely used it way more for "Oh that thing looks cool let me go there" than actual quest stuff. I think Zora-Rito-Goron-Gerudo is the best for first-time playthroughs. having a guardian angel has bailed me out a ton of times, stamina-free jumping is great, extra defense is great for guardians, and then....the Gerudo power :shrug: I'm sure there are great uses for it, but it has come in handy way less than the others in my experience

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

You only need like 6 hynix guts i think. I have locations of 10 hyni marked on my map atm :v:

Now lyneli, on the other hand... they are a loving pain (though once I realized they go silver too like all the other monsters I stopped going after the silver ones unless I wanted their weapon...)
No joke I was killing more Hinox than Lynels and I ended up going from zero to rank 3 barbarian armor in the time it took me for Hinox to actually drop the last couple hinox guts I needed. With the requisite increase in their drop rate once I no longer needed them for upgrades.

parallelodad posted:

Pretend you are trying to upgrade something else. "Oh uh, I'm trying to upgrade my Goron armor. I'm just fighting you for sport and Lynel bows, honest."

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

GobiasIndustries posted:

The Rito power is really great for easy loving around in the world. I've definitely used it way more for "Oh that thing looks cool let me go there" than actual quest stuff. I think Zora-Rito-Goron-Gerudo is the best for first-time playthroughs. having a guardian angel has bailed me out a ton of times, stamina-free jumping is great, extra defense is great for guardians, and then....the Gerudo power :shrug: I'm sure there are great uses for it, but it has come in handy way less than the others in my experience

Urbosa's Fury makes Talus farming go so much faster, it can one hit kill some of them.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

Yeah I'd tell anyone to do rito first. It's the worst one, it's the easiest and the power you get is super useful.

Although it might be one of the harder areas to actually get to in the early game.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Without spoiling it completely, could someone give me a hint as to where to find Dinraal? I know I need to offer a scale from 'em, and I've found Farosh and Naydra, but the only thing I'm getting from the statue at the spring is "I, Goddess Hylia, will show you the way". And I guess I'm not smart enough to use that hint. If I hang around until sunset, will Dinraal appear or something? Maybe I'm missing something.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

FisheyStix posted:

Without spoiling it completely, could someone give me a hint as to where to find Dinraal? I know I need to offer a scale from 'em, and I've found Farosh and Naydra, but the only thing I'm getting from the statue at the spring is "I, Goddess Hylia, will show you the way". And I guess I'm not smart enough to use that hint. If I hang around until sunset, will Dinraal appear or something? Maybe I'm missing something.

North of Death Mountain

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Isn't hylia a sun or moon goddess or something? Or am I completely misremembering things?

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

hey guys I found the three square feet of the map where the electric darners spawn

Lucious
Apr 1, 2017

by Smythe

Section Z posted:

No joke I was killing more Hinox than Lynels and I ended up going from zero to rank 3 barbarian armor in the time it took me for Hinox to actually drop the last couple hinox guts I needed. With the requisite increase in their drop rate once I no longer needed them for upgrades.

Pretend you are trying to upgrade something else. "Oh uh, I'm trying to upgrade my Goron armor. I'm just fighting you for sport and Lynel bows, honest."

FisheyStix posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1Cf3PpiPs

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

GobiasIndustries posted:

I've found the gerudo power to be almost too powerful. It's just a button that you press to immediately kill any boss. It does way too much damage and at such a huge radius

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Isn't hylia a sun or moon goddess or something? Or am I completely misremembering things?

She takes her origins from Amaterasu, a Shinto sun goddess. In the game series, she is a deity who was given the Triforce under her care after Din, Farore and Nayru created it, the world and its creatures. Like Demise, she reincarnated herself into a mortal form.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Where is she in the Greater Nintendo Timeline?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Where is she in the Greater Nintendo Timeline?

Skyward Sword.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Urbosa's fury can trivialize almost all fighting you have to do, which lets you start farming minibosses really easily including lynels.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Urbosa's fury can trivialize almost all fighting you have to do, which lets you start farming minibosses really easily including lynels.

Gonna try that soon. Right now, I'm planning on finishing the story. Filled stamina, 18 HP, 2-ish for a lot of armor, the best shield in the game and the Master Sword. I still suck rear end at combat but hey, I've got a ton of advantages and cooked food and elixers for stuff so, what the hell, right?

On an unrelated note, for a Zelda game I think this game's story has been really good, regardless of voice actor quality (I found it fine but apparently it is a criticism). Those memories were really well done and being able to go back and watch 'em in order was really nice.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Ancient machines have to be one of my least favorite enemies in anything I've played in a long time. They aren't even that hard but they are just so cheap. I absolutely hate them. The hit detection on them is complete trash and I regularly see my sword go right through them, that laser move is a joke and as far as I can tell, impossible to dodge at even a remotely close range. They are just completely obnoxious. I feel like the only way to beat them is to burn tons of healing items or arrows and it just totally sucks.

This game could have really used an actual dodge roll.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat

WanderingKid posted:

Yeah, I did Rito last and it was disappointing, especially after the Gerudo high point. Great town, kite surfing and fiendish dungeon mechanics with some cross dressing on the side. It all just seemed like a step down after that.

Definitely agree that Rito is a real let down; puzzles were a joke, boss fight was really poorly made. I'm still not sure what the second boss phase was supposed to be since I just kept firing arrows and then smacking it a couple of times with the Master sword.

Copper Vein
Mar 14, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

The Ancient machines have to be one of my least favorite enemies in anything I've played in a long time. They aren't even that hard but they are just so cheap. I absolutely hate them. The hit detection on them is complete trash and I regularly see my sword go right through them, that laser move is a joke and as far as I can tell, impossible to dodge at even a remotely close range. They are just completely obnoxious. I feel like the only way to beat them is to burn tons of healing items or arrows and it just totally sucks.

Every shield can reflect the beams right back them with a perfect parry, and you can Stasis+ them to help close the distance or get out of their field of fire. Chop their legs off by slashing at the feet and they will just roll around for a while, giving you the chance to sink a bunch of hits in. Arrows to their eyes can stun them as well.

The biggest issue with the walkers is having weapons that can actually do enough damage to kill them quickly enough before you gently caress up and eat a laser. Once you get the Master sword all guardians are over being threats.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

veni veni veni posted:

Are you talking about the standard outside ones or the major test ones?

Major test ones you can definitely do their super charge up beam by getting close and circle dodge jumping.

The standard outside ones are very hard to dodge from up close, but an arrow to the eye will interrupt their charge and stun them. You can then cut off their limbs and stunlock them. But most importantly their laser can be parried with proper timing, with any shield in the game. From about a guardians length away ZL target them, wait until their eye gets blue and beeps and press A. You'll deflect the laser back into them. Practice this move a lot, it's worth it.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Why did I just spend 2k on the flame repellant helmet when it wasn't needed

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alec Eiffel posted:

Why did I just spend 2k on the flame repellant helmet when it wasn't needed

Cause it's sweet and now you can be spaceman Link.

Set bonus makes you completely fire proof as well, just like James Cameron. I've skipped a few "turn off the fire" puzzles for sure with it, just waltz right through.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Roundabout Route posted:

It plays during the credits. That weird-rear end skip in the middle of the song is in the game, too.

I was referring to the incredibly epic trailer music from the January Switch Presentation, which I'm pretty sure is not in the game.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

In the NW corner by the shrine, there's a small (for a Hinox) Hinox skeleton in a field of flowers. Didn't turn into a Stalnox at night or anything. Is there something to do here or just flavor?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Bruceski posted:

In the NW corner by the shrine, there's a small (for a Hinox) Hinox skeleton in a field of flowers. Didn't turn into a Stalnox at night or anything. Is there something to do here or just flavor?

They don't turn if you're there watching. You have to go a small distance away and come back.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Copper Vein posted:

Every shield can reflect the beams right back them with a perfect parry, and you can Stasis+ them to help close the distance or get out of their field of fire. Chop their legs off by slashing at the feet and they will just roll around for a while, giving you the chance to sink a bunch of hits in. Arrows to their eyes can stun them as well.

The biggest issue with the walkers is having weapons that can actually do enough damage to kill them quickly enough before you gently caress up and eat a laser. Once you get the Master sword all guardians are over being threats.

Fair enough, I wasn't doing any of that stuff, so that's on me. Thanks for the tips.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Bruceski posted:

If you're talking about the very northwest corner of the map, that's a Stalnox. If it's not turning into one, you have to leave and come back to it, since I guess Nintendo didn't want to animate the Stalnox coming to life. I think warping to the shrine since its already nearby would activate it.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
My inability kill Guardians well caught up to me at the castle, where running away from a guardian just meant running into the crosshairs of at least two others.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Bruceski posted:

There's nothing particularly special about that one, no. Sometimes when you are too close to one between the transition from day to night they just don't wake up.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

andipossess posted:

If you're talking about the very northwest corner of the map, that's a Stalnox. If it's not turning into one, you have to leave and come back to it, since I guess Nintendo didn't want to animate the Stalnox coming to life.

... except they totally did? The Stalnox you fight to get the Hylian shield animates coming to life. No idea why they wouldn't do it to the rest.

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

SatansBestBuddy posted:

... except they totally did? The Stalnox you fight to get the Hylian shield animates coming to life. No idea why they wouldn't do it to the rest.

Forgot about that one! But that just makes everything else even more confusing! Probably has to do with that one always activating regardless of time of day. I guess that one has a specific activation trigger, as opposed to the rest, where it's only activated when it's loaded in.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wellp, got Epona killed. Time to go reap Horse God vengeance.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
There's probably a reason why Wind Blight Ganon was the first boss they revealed (ie the Rito DB was meant to be the first)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Beat the game. I actually enjoyed the Ganon fight, thought I felt like knocking half of him off from the start due to the divine beasts was a bit excessive. I am still incredibly bad at parrying so things were tough when he went up in flames.

I found the story ending pretty charming, actually. Being free after 100 years with just about everyone you knew dead has to be a mindfuck (beyond everything else that happened obviously), and it actually was the Legend of Zelda if you got through all the memories which was pretty fun.