Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

I have no idea why, but this trailer gave me a hearty laugh. What in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Yeah, I really have no loving idea with that trailer.

Star Wars IX is gonna be horrible

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I don't get why they show us that the kid is dead or missing without actually showing us that the kid is dead or missing. Why the kid is leaving instructions behind seems like an odd mystery to maintain when we know that he's going to do it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

because the stupid psychic kid is probably just an ~angel~

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
An angel who commands his mom to assassinate their neighbor with a sniper rifle.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

flatluigi posted:

An angel who commands his mom to assassinate their neighbor with a sniper rifle.

A stealth God Told Me To remake, sick

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

Star Wars IX is gonna be horrible

True. I hated Safety Not Guaranteed and Jurassic World, and this looks about the same level of quality. Though didn't Rian Johnson write a treatment for Episode IX? If Trevorrow isn't allowed near the script there's a chance for it. But seeing how he had so much preproduction time, I'm not holding out for it.

But after being so wildly underwhelmed by VII and Rogue One I've got pretty drat low expectations for any of these films, regardless of Johnson or Miller & Lord's involvements. Unless VIII blows my socks off I'm probably going to write the whole thing off.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

GonSmithe posted:

The trailer just spoils the Dusk 'Til Dawn twist, that the loveable-autistic-kid movie morphs into a brutal revenge thriller.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

feedmyleg posted:

True. I hated Safety Not Guaranteed and Jurassic World, and this looks about the same level of quality. Though didn't Rian Johnson write a treatment for Episode IX? If Trevorrow isn't allowed near the script there's a chance for it. But seeing how he had so much preproduction time, I'm not holding out for it.

But after being so wildly underwhelmed by VII and Rogue One I've got pretty drat low expectations for any of these films, regardless of Johnson or Miller & Lord's involvements. Unless VIII blows my socks off I'm probably going to write the whole thing off.

Johnson wrote the treatment for IX but that's it. The original report was that he would write both scripts but only direct one of them. Trevorrow and his writing partner are scripting it. And they've not turned in anything yet that says they know how to tell a story (Though i like SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED).

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Variety pack, this time covering the weird selection of posters my local theater has picked to go in the stair-well.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Darthemed posted:

Variety pack, this time covering the weird selection of posters my local theater has picked to go in the stair-well.

oh my god a time traveller from 2013 what i need you to do is go right now and place a bet for the Chicago Cubs to win the world series in 3 years i know this sounds crazy but you have to trust me

we're gonna be rich

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what on earth is the peepls poster

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Long time no see, old friend.

Edit: Also, RIP Paul Walker.

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what on earth is the peepls poster
You'd know if you were one of the Peeples.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

flatluigi posted:

I hope it turns out that Henry's just framed the gently caress out of the next door neighbor, with Henry's mom finding out he's actually completely innocent only after blowing their head off with the sniper rifle.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

DC Murderverse posted:

oh my god a time traveller from 2013 what i need you to do is go right now and place a bet for the Chicago Cubs to win the world series in 3 years i know this sounds crazy but you have to trust me

we're gonna be rich

Will someone take a complicated prop bet on the 73-9 Warriors losing a 3-1 lead in the finals despite having the first unanimous MVP?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Darthemed posted:

The timing of that movie was so bad it was almost impressive.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Alhazred posted:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

I will watch just about anything since I just love the experience of watching a movie.

I've only turned off about 5 movies in my entire life. Let's Be Cops was one of them. Just so painfully, earnestly unfunny.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Let's Be Cops featured the second worst attempt at depicting video game development. First place is still held by Grandma's Boy.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alhazred posted:

I turned that movie off 20 minutes in when I realized there hadn't been a single joke. It was like one of those new comedy movies where they do a bunch of takes with different improv jokes, but instead of jokes all the actors just acted out the scenes.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

For those of you who don't have movie release dates memorized, this movie came out the same weekend that riots were happening in Ferguson, MO after Michael Brown was shot to death by some cops.

There's poor timing, and then there's the release of this (bad) movie.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I remember I was getting a tire changed right before seeing Let's Be Cops and they were showing Michael Brown coverage on the news at the tire change place, so I went right from watching that to watching Let's Be Cops. That was a weird rear end tonal shift.

Also I saw it at a theater that served food and I remember more about the food than the movie. I do remember it was sold out, though :geno:

Honestly, I had taken a road trip to Texas for a concert and I just wanted to see a movie at this theater before I drove home. I don't know why I picked that one. It was not my smartest moment.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Those two are both improv guys.

Improv guys are hit or miss I feel like. Sometimes they get hired for being funny and then have to follow a dumb script with no leeway because they aren't famous enough. Sometimes they are so far up their own asses that their opinion of what is funny has become warped.

And sometimes they collect a paycheck. I think this was that kind.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Grandma's Boy is actually really funny tho. Let's Be Cops is forgettable trash.

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself

That kid better be careful not to get typecast as Kid that Wears Goggles.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Did any1 post the Japanese Kong: Skull Island poster when it came out? well, if they did im repostin it anyways

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Did any1 post the Japanese Kong: Skull Island poster when it came out? well, if they did im repostin it anyways

They did, but it's worth a repost.

Speaking of Kong: Skull Island, I liked it a bunch when I saw it in theatres but I keep getting an itch where I want to rewatch it or just see certain scenes again. It's really stuck with me.

Mostly I just wanna watch that Spider Attack again.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Hat Thoughts posted:

I'm glad it has the most important character, the Giant Log Bug.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oof, that's bad. They should've left it with the last poster and called it a day. There's no topping that.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
That's really bad. Like 90s videogame box art bad.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Excush me, mish. Do you haf a napkin I can yush?"

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I'm worried our giant dick monster is too subtle, what can we do to jizz the whole thing up a little

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Join me?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Fantastic Beasts 2 looking dark as gently caress.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Stare-Out posted:

Oof, that's bad. They should've left it with the last poster and called it a day. There's no topping that.

That's the "we think you're a moron and don't know this is an Alien film" poster

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Some concept GitS posters

from here

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

She(???) looks vaguely worried but not scared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

She looks like guy from Miami Connection.