Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Fabricated posted:

The optimal setup would be a anti-quirk dart in the first chamber and regular bullets in the rest.

And now we know how All Might is going to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Nuebot posted:

And now we know how All Might is going to die.

Complications arising from chronic respiratory issues.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Today I got to see someone bitch-slap a gangster with his CLAM HAND.

Anime is wonderful.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Lewd.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I am totally up for cute heroines doing cute things.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I hope they do Deku's Goblin Form justice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd watch this slice of life show.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fabricated posted:

The optimal setup would be a anti-quirk dart in the first chamber and regular bullets in the rest.

I think you mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz_s0RORosQ

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
New OP is a pretty big letdown and I hope the inevitable second one this season is better.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Blockhouse posted:

New OP is a pretty big letdown and I hope the inevitable second one this season is better.
It'd made up for by the perfect ED.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Mei is in the OP, it's good

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I thought the OP was pretty good visually at least. The song was fine.

Kinda reminded me of something from Bump of Chicken but not energetic enough.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

They're all fully clothed!

.... Well, except for Invisible Girl.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Just caught up with this since the new season of the anime was coming and drat, the villainous sidestories to this manga are so good. It's not that I dislike Deku or any of the heroes but some of these later scenes with Shigaraki and Overhaul have been blowing them out of the water.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
It's kind of a shame every villain introduced after Shigaraki has been mostly used as a way to advance Shigaraki's growth as the antagonist because they've all been way more interesting than him. I didn't think Overhaul would wind up being that significant at first but I'm way into him so far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Anyone know who plays Gran Torino?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aurora posted:

Anyone know who plays Gran Torino?
I haven't been able to find anything yet, but it does look like Tetsu Inada's playing Endeavor. That should be a lot of fun.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
One interesting thing in this episode was the line about Quirk counseling in elementary school. I wonder how Twice slipped through the cracks. Maybe his Quirk didn't manifest until he was older?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TriffTshngo posted:

It's kind of a shame every villain introduced after Shigaraki has been mostly used as a way to advance Shigaraki's growth as the antagonist because they've all been way more interesting than him. I didn't think Overhaul would wind up being that significant at first but I'm way into him so far.

I'm really hoping this is going to wind up with Shigaraki getting hosed over for his over confidence in the villain game.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

I haven't been able to find anything yet, but it does look like Tetsu Inada's playing Endeavor. That should be a lot of fun.
If Endeavor were a Pokemon he'd certainly be an Enboar.
Ooooo~ he'd be like Gamagoori then?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 2, 2017

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Grouchio posted:

If Endeavor were a Pokemon he'd certainly be an Enboar.
Something something Endea-over Justice

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I'm really hoping this is going to wind up with Shigaraki getting hosed over for his over confidence in the villain game.

That happens to Shigaraki all the time so I hope he maybe actually grows and accomplishes something for once.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Nuebot posted:

This has already happened though? Overhaul's introduction was exactly this.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

One thing the anime did was get across way better that Shigaraki is just kind of a brat, he feels a lot more menacing and smart in the manga

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

menacing maybe (he's drawn very well), but I've never gotten the impression that he was ever being particularly smart about anything in the manga. he's been getting better but all his plans have been kinda dumb and he constantly gets owned by children

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Manatee Cannon posted:

menacing maybe (he's drawn very well), but I've never gotten the impression that he was ever being particularly smart about anything in the manga. he's been getting better but all his plans have been kinda dumb and he constantly gets owned by children
His second big plan worked pretty loving well honestly. If the random matchups between the strike force and the kids had been different it could've been a loving massacre. If muscular had been fighting the kittycats or uh just about anyone else that isn't Aizawa (who is intentionally tied up by Dabi and Twice) he'd probably have killed them.

Awase and Momo were about a half a second from dying gruesomely before Dabi called the Noumu off.

The only dumb part of his plan was thinking Bakugou would turn villain from a really shallow reading of his character. Really just killing Bakugou ISIS-style and putting the video on liveleak would've done about as much damage as turning him evil. :shrug:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he lost several members of his gang for one kid that was never gonna join them and that directly led to his mentor's defeat and imprisonment. it was a bad move that did nothing but hurt his group. even the discrediting of ua thing didn't amount to anything since there were no consequences to that

all might went down but that's only from direct intervention from an outside party when shigaraki's group was about to be arrested, so that's not something I'm gonna lay at his feet

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The one plan of Shigaraki's that came closest to working was the one where he wasn't actually there, and it was still only like a half-success. I like Shigaraki more than most but the kid does not have a good track record.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Fabricated posted:

His second big plan worked pretty loving well honestly. If the random matchups between the strike force and the kids had been different it could've been a loving massacre. If muscular had been fighting the kittycats or uh just about anyone else that isn't Aizawa (who is intentionally tied up by Dabi and Twice) he'd probably have killed them.

Awase and Momo were about a half a second from dying gruesomely before Dabi called the Noumu off.

The only dumb part of his plan was thinking Bakugou would turn villain from a really shallow reading of his character. Really just killing Bakugou ISIS-style and putting the video on liveleak would've done about as much damage as turning him evil. :shrug:
All for One probably gave Shigaraki some training wheels and put together the forest ambush. It would explain why Shigaraki got owned by Overhaul.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Taking 3 causalities in a 12 vs 46 matchup, and only taking those by bad luck matchups isn't bad IMO. The goal was to kidnap Bakugou and do as much damage as possible in the meanwhile and I'd say both of those boxes were checked when they punched out.

Kidnapping Bakugou wasn't a dumb idea either. Expecting him to turn villain wasn't smart but Shigaraki pretty much figured it out right away and called for AFO to probably take Bakugou's quirk before everyone came busting in. UA would've probably been finished if they hadn't have found the VA's hideout; they could've just thrown Bakugou in a cellar and not even done anything to him for weeks and that probably would've been that for UA's image.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Overhaul's exactly correct when he says that Shiggy keeps getting great opportunities with his recruits (Muscular, Moonfish etc) but kind of just wastes them. Someone like Muscular could have been leveraged into multiple horrendous incidents fairly easily.
That said, this recent build-up of villain stuff and the Toga infiltration makes me think that something bad is going to happen soon. Shigaraki needs a win at some point after all and the current business with Toga could potentially get real nasty real quick

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea he has to win this time or else it'll be impossible to take him seriously. it's a growth period for him as much as it is for deku, but in terms of the narrative I'd say shigaraki's growth is a lot more important right now

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder why Toga hasn't impersonated as Deku yet and done something to frame him like.....killing All Might?

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I find Shigaraki genuinely interesting because unlike most supervillains in this setting, he doesn't really have a concrete motivation/idealogy to turn away from society and be a villain. All For One adopted him and raised him to be a villain without any sort of motivation or ideals on his part and he's kind of struggling to find his villainous style after the fact. He's artificial and sort of empty, spouting off a lot of nonsense that a lot of other heroes and villains recognise as just being hollow or childish.
Revenge for his mentor is a pretty good place to start but I am genuinely invested in Shigaraki discovering his own Villain Way.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Speaking of Toga, where the gently caress is Kemi?

We're up to more than a few days after the provisional test. Toga still playing her at school? You'd think that'd come up sooner.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

ZeroCount posted:

I find Shigaraki genuinely interesting because unlike most supervillains in this setting, he doesn't really have a concrete motivation/idealogy to turn away from society and be a villain. All For One adopted him and raised him to be a villain without any sort of motivation or ideals on his part and he's kind of struggling to find his villainous style after the fact. He's artificial and sort of empty, spouting off a lot of nonsense that a lot of other heroes and villains recognise as just being hollow or childish.
Revenge for his mentor is a pretty good place to start but I am genuinely invested in Shigaraki discovering his own Villain Way.

his motivation from what i can tell seems to be that he felt abandoned by society when he was on the streets before afo took him in and resentment at the heroes who receive widespread praise even though they didn't save him personally. thus society and heroes are phony and need to be exposed as fakes, which is a nice childish motivation.

i have to say, not only was his mother a failure as the successor to one for all, she seems like a lovely parent too.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i have to say, not only was his mother a failure as the successor to one for all, she seems like a lovely parent too.
I'd disagree there. OFA is powerful. Someone with that level of quirk, with a child with no quirk, would invite trouble for the poor kid. (This is, of course, ignoring that Shigaraki actually has a powerful quirk, but there was no way to expect that ahead of time)

However, there's also the fact that Shigaraki keeps mumbling about his father whenever his hand comes off. Maybe she had some more human motivations for wanting to be as far away from that child as possible. :tinfoil:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Grandmother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:doh: