Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

theperminator posted:

Yeah it's not like we had an election that showed that the screechiest loudest people were actually the minority or anything, or that millenials throw tantrums over unimportant poo poo like pronouns while the older generations who actually went through wars and poo poo worry about real problems like not starting a war with Russia.

laughing out loud if you think NAATOA would have started a war with Russia over Syria. freaking Syria of all places

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Of course putin won an election in crimea after his troops took over, haha.

There's a reason the ukranian government chose to resist in the donbass- if they didn't, the russians would have gone all the way to kiev and hosed them over. The ukranian government tried not provoking the russians but it just resulted in them losing crimea.

I'm not advocating a war with the russians or going to war in syria, but, lol.

insidius
Jul 21, 2009

What a guy!

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You didn't answer the question but that's ok I don't really care since you are an actual crazy person. welp bye.

I find your arguments stimulating and infallible.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

laughing out loud if you think NAATOA would have started a war with Russia over Syria. freaking Syria of all places

They had no problem starting ones in Iraq, Libya, and Syria based on false pretenses. Really makes you think.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

How well do you think the US enforcing a no-fly-zone over Syria, a Russian ally would go? Do you comprehend how a no fly zone is enforced?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I just paid my $277 monthly insurance bill for my policy with a $6,500 deductible. That means, what, over a year 277 x 12 + 6,500 = ~$10,000 potentially out of pocket. Not great. That premium was not done rising as well. They are expected to keep increasing drastically.

It's also about your max out of pocket for the year even if you need $200,000 worth of treatment for your gay aids. Guess what, healthcare is expensive.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

this really doesn't matter because, although i do not have any numbers to back this up, something tells me the majority of democratic superdelegates are not exactly what you would call minorities

While I grant that the air of inevitably around Hillary boosted her, the fact was that Bernie just tanked hard on minority demographics in actual cast votes.

It's not like people of color are somehow more susceptible to the news saying Hillary was basically unstoppable. Bernie's message just actively did not reach them.

It's just an incredibly bad idea to ascribe stupidity to people who voted Hillary in the primaries.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Panzeh posted:

Of course putin won an election in crimea after his troops took over, haha.

There's a reason the ukranian government chose to resist in the donbass- if they didn't, the russians would have gone all the way to kiev and hosed them over. The ukranian government tried not provoking the russians but it just resulted in them losing crimea.

I'm not advocating a war with the russians or going to war in syria, but, lol.

no actually the donbas is a war zone artificially created and maintained by the putin admin in order to punish the current ukr gov for not falling in line. putin admin has had and still has the ability to completely steamroll ukraine if they wanted to but they don't

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Tallgeese posted:

While I grant that the air of inevitably around Hillary boosted her, the fact was that Bernie just tanked hard on minority demographics in actual cast votes.

It's not like people of color are somehow more susceptible to the news saying Hillary was basically unstoppable. Bernie's message just actively did not reach them.

It's just an incredibly bad idea to ascribe stupidity to people who voted Hillary in the primaries.

i don't think superdelegates really care about party votes though friend so my point still stands

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i don't think superdelegates really care about party votes though friend so my point still stands

Well yeah, she would have won anyway. I'm just talking about Hillary primary voters.

Alienwarehouse
Apr 1, 2017

scrubs season six posted:

It's also about your max out of pocket for the year even if you need $200,000 worth of treatment for your gay aids. Guess what, healthcare is expensive.

Yeah man, it's almost like single-payer would be a more cost effective and viable system than the one we got now.

Alienwarehouse fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Apr 2, 2017

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

theperminator posted:

How well do you think the US enforcing a no-fly-zone over Syria, a Russian ally would go? Do you comprehend how a no fly zone is enforced?

So, friend, let met clarify: You seriously think that if the Clinton administration had failed to negotiate a no-fly zone over Syria, they would have launched the biggest land conflict since WW2 with potentially hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths in Europe and Russia, a conflict that would completely annihilate the world economy and destroy any semblance of world security and would even have the possibility of a nuclear escalation and the end of human civilization? for what? to protect some civilians in Syria from Russian and Syrian bombardment? Are you high?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

So, friend, let met clarify: You seriously think that if the Clinton administration had failed to negotiate a no-fly zone over Syria, they would have launched the biggest land conflict since WW2 with potentially hundreds of thousands of civilian deaths in Europe and Russia, a conflict that would completely annihilate the world economy and destroy any semblance of world security and would even have the possibility of a nuclear escalation and the end of human civilization? for what? to protect some civilians in Syria from Russian and Syrian bombardment? Are you high?

nah theyre just dumb as gently caress

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

scrubs season six posted:

Yah but it also means I'm paying money to never see a doctor and hoping that nothing happens brother. Like, I essentially am paying 4,000 a year for cataclysm insurance

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Also, pre-Obamacare, for me, a healthy, youngish male with no history of anything, that same insurance company was charging me 115$ a month for a $5,000 deductible.

Obamacare is a tax on the young, healthy, and middle class to keep this shitbucket country afloat

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

There would've been no negotiation, the US is at war with Syria and Russia are allied with Syria. The plan was always to enforce one regardless.
Maybe you should read the words straight out of the dessicated lizards mouth http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zone-third-debate_us_58084280e4b0180a36e91a53
Even Obama thought it was a dumb idea, which might be why his government never tried to enforce a no-fly zone over syria.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Congratulations on having the choice to buy this insurance; it would be worse under trumps plan and hypothetical arguments are all you have anyway

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Also, pre-Obamacare, for me, a healthy, youngish male with no history of anything, that same insurance company was charging me 115$ a month for a $5,000 deductible.

Obamacare is a tax on the young, healthy, and middle class to keep this shitbucket country afloat

it's usually those three that do keep any country afloat to be fair

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

yeah SPH is really stupid and probably like 19 years old or something. if not then good god man has no excuse

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
americans are fat as poo poo and disgustingly unhealthy, if we had government mandated boards that charged unhealthy people much much higher coverage that would own.

like fatties, smokers, drunks, druggies, etc gotta pay more

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Jukebox Hero posted:

Congratulations on having the choice to buy this insurance; it would be worse under trumps plan and hypothetical arguments are all you have anyway

Choice? I had a choice to go uninsured before. Now there's thousands in fines. I also had a choice of companies. There's like 2 now. I mean, Obamacare was a failure for everyone except for the huge insurance companies that were going to weather the storm and then gouge the marketplace once they had it monopolized. And the previously uninsurable, which was a hosed up situation and should never be allowed. Like I appreciate that people cannot be told no now, but at the same time, it's hosed me over.

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

actually since you didn't vote 3rd party you are a total retard

Perhaps we could wait for a good Third Party candidate to appear first

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Piss de Bundy posted:

americans are fat as poo poo and disgustingly unhealthy, if we had government mandated boards that charged unhealthy people much much higher coverage that would own.

:cheers:

Not agreeing with you here, just saying I am a drunk

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

They keep squeezing and shrinking the working class and see how much energy they can parasatically leech off them until the whole thing goes belly up.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Piss de Bundy posted:

if they are mandated to buy coverage this would just destroy these people financially and thus would gently caress over the entire country's productivity since even unhealthy people contribute to the economy. if it wasn't mandatory they would never sign up and die early and then the economy would also lose out bigly

universal coverage is the only answer buddy

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
bring in actual death panels, lets see the republicans put their money where their mouth is

lets actually have a bunch of nerds with clipboards tell mee maw sorry we will no longer pay for your poo poo to save AMERICANS MONEY

because we LOVE FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"what do you contribute to american society???"

very good

sexpot
Nov 12, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Piss de Bundy posted:

very good

Duck face, deport her

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

theperminator posted:

There would've been no negotiation, the US is at war with Syria and Russia are allied with Syria. The plan was always to enforce one regardless.
Maybe you should read the words straight out of the dessicated lizards mouth http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/hillary-clinton-syria-no-fly-zone-third-debate_us_58084280e4b0180a36e91a53
Even Obama thought it was a dumb idea, which might be why his government never tried to enforce a no-fly zone over syria.

this is so stupid I don't even know what to say. even if Clinton huffed some paint thinner and had intentionally ordered to shoot down a Russian plane(like Erdogan did), in no way would that lead to a war situation. it would be a monumental diplomatic clusterfuck for the US, but not a war situation. If you really don't understand what the difference between our modern relation with Russia is and what was going on during the cold war, when two gigantic armies were having a standoff at the Fulda gap, sue your public school and history teacher for malpractice

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

loving millennials, i swear, we are the worst generation ever. just a bunch of manchildren pretending to be adults.

on November 8 people had a duty to prevent a shitton of suffering and misery for the people in the country and the whole world and they hosed it up. look at these loving budget cuts, look at what he is planning to do to the EPA and the FDA, look at his climate policy, look at what he has done to the institutional trust in the country - the whole world is laughing at the office of president like it's some kind of 19th century carny freak show. it was YOUR duty to prevent this from happening :chloe:

I don't even blame the retarded redneck boomer voters who got conned, cause most of them don't know any better. But people here have at least some college education and basic common sense and were fully aware of the scam, yet still let it happen. everyone who still defends not voting for the loving goldman sachs lizard is a huge rear end in a top hat, htbh

also, in most first world country you can go to jail for failing to provide aid in an emergency situation. it's a civic duty that comes with citizenship, whether you like it or not.

Nice meltdown idiot.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Krustic posted:

Nice meltdown idiot.

nice meltdon, IDIOT

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Piss de Bundy posted:

very good

Nice tits idiot.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

thathonkey posted:

agreed but to be fair "bern bros" were pretty loving annoying

"bern bros" were a mythical invention of the hillary campaign

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Russia is cool. Russia is good. You cannot prove Putin had all those journalists killed. You cannot prove that Russia was loving with the election and even if they did, Trump is so great they did us a favor. Trump being under influence of a foreign power isn't that bad because Putin is cool and our friend. The Ukrainians deserved it anyway. This presidency is going great. Obama is the devil and is personally responsible for insurance companies raising your premiums, not corporate greed. Obama also wiretapped Trump, we have evidence.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

nice meltdon, IDIOT

You spelled meltdown wrong so your point is automatically invalid idiot!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Krustic posted:

You spelled meltdown wrong so your point is automatically invalid idiot!

not an idiot, YOU are the IDIOT

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

not an idiot, YOU are the IDIOT

Oh ok. Owned. Idiot!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Homestar Runner posted:

"bern bros" were a mythical invention of the hillary campaign

no because they came by my house constantly to bother me about who i was going to vote for. also they were all over the internet and real life.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

a bone to pick posted:

Nice meltdown.

It really is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

thathonkey posted:

no because they came by my house constantly to bother me about who i was going to vote for. also they were all over the internet and real life.

the hillary camp also had preachy brainwashed supporters of both genders. they just happened to be of a more privileged white person variety.

bern bros were strategically invented to create a false pretense of sexism/division, sorry to hear u fell for it buddy :(

Homestar Runner fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Apr 2, 2017

• Locked thread