Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

it occurs to me now that I've got three En-Element OSB combos.

Maria's BSB + OSB
Lightning's SSB + OSB
Agrias's SSB + OSB

Goddamn this owns

I have Terra, Sephiroth, and Edgar :):hf::)

Does Orlandu with a holy robe and Nemesis' accessory count ? :haw: Immensely looking forward to giving him a trial run on U+ bosses this event once fest is over.

I don't think I'll use Seph, since the enelement I have for him is Fire, and Terra covers that better with Wrath, although maybe he'd slot in if I was doing a physical team I guess? Dunno, have to get him to 99 for that and he's lower priority than new BSB havers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So I don't have the 50 mythril, so no matter how much I want to brave the dupe minefield to try to chase the OSB, I can't pull on Banner 4 any more.

However, I also see that Agrias OSB doesn't come back on Rapha/Malach banners. Has there been any recurrence yet in JP for it?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

KataraniSword posted:

So I don't have the 50 mythril, so no matter how much I want to brave the dupe minefield to try to chase the OSB, I can't pull on Banner 4 any more.

However, I also see that Agrias OSB doesn't come back on Rapha/Malach banners. Has there been any recurrence yet in JP for it?

Nope.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

Nope, Extreme Fest only had her BSB. At most maybe on an upcoming unannounced Tactics event but otherwise you're out of luck. It's why I gunned so hard for it, missed it JP-side and regretted it since.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

I'm still bummed that I somehow only have 1 OSB despite 5 anniversary banner pulls.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I pulled 0 osb's on 5 anniversary banner pulls so.. feel good?

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

No matter how awful your pulls, there is someone out there that pulled even worse.

Unless you are the one that pulled even worse.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

I pulled 0 osb's on 5 anniversary banner pulls so.. feel good?

Oh I pulled 0 also, my OSB was from before the anniversary. I was definitely a bit jealous of the people pulling like all 3 OSBs on a single banner and stuff.

edit: And I can't really complain since I got basically all of the top relics I wanted aside from Cid's OSB. Aside from OSB pulling and a couple dud 11-pulls, I was incredibly lucky throughout this event.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Having ended up with 3 Veils of Wiyu and 3 Evoker Doublets I did the only logical thing:

Shock Trooper posted:

Just a minor nitpick, but Orlandeau can't carry Protectga / Shellga.

I noticed right after posting. I'm not sure why I thought he had White 4 since he's already disgustingly OP as it is

Servaetes posted:

wow we got wrecked, the JP login screen today:

Is there a copy of just this image floating around without the title screen stuff? It'd make a wonderful phone background.

victrix posted:

Does Orlandu with a holy robe and Nemesis' accessory count ? :haw: Immensely looking forward to giving him a trial run on U+ bosses this event once fest is over.

:iia:

Lucious
Apr 1, 2017

by Smythe
THE DIRECT MARKETING METHOD WORKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g1Cf3PpiPs

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Is there a copy of just this image floating around without the title screen stuff? It'd make a wonderful phone background.

KeyTsang delivers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KataraniSword posted:

KeyTsang delivers.

Awesome.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Looking on some advice for what kind of goals I should be setting and what kind of team I should be building. Below is my up to date relics list:

I've been rocking a Gilgamesh/Ramza/Balthier/Hope/Vanille team for awhile, with drawtaliate working very well for me. It's been doing me well, and I was able to take down the Red Dragon Ultimate (I'm aware Balthier was not a good call on that one, but it worked out) on the last banner, but Terra loving wrecked my face. I've invested a decent amount of record spheres into Gilgamesh, but TGC seems REALLY strong. Considering some of my pulls, I was thinking about something that looked more like this:

Drawtaliate: Orlandeau (sub Greg)
Full Break: Ramza (sub Faris)
Physical DPS: Agrais (sub...??? I really like Balthier?)
Mage: Cid Raines (sub Hope)
Heals: Y'shotla (sub Vanille)

This team brings a ton of holy to the table, so that seems good. I'd really like the amount of break that Faris would bring with her USB+FB (do they stack?), but then I'd lose my native Shout. In terms of major abilities I currently have 2 Lifesiphon, 1 Full Break, 1 Ruinga, 1 Bahamut and 1 Poison Leaves (is this any good?). I also have Shellga and Protectga. I've taken out some of the first part of nightmares, and as mentioned, can take down at least the first part of ultimate. Oh, I'm also working on the 1 SB filled RMs from Cloud and Tyro.

Advice on possible teams and where to go from here would be much appreciated!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Drawtaliate is pretty irrelevant most of the time, honestly, though having some kind of tank around does help in a lot of fights. You do have Agrias BSB to cover that though.

I guess my primary piece of advice would be, if you want to run a team with both mages and physical, punt Ramza and bring in Onion Knight, since you have his BSB so you can run a mixed team.

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I guess my primary piece of advice would be, if you want to run a team with both mages and physical, punt Ramza and bring in Onion Knight, since you have his BSB so you can run a mixed team.

OK only gets good once he gets to level 93, right? One of the core reasons why I came to the thread worth mentioning I guess is that I can't break far enough into ultimate to get those RC3 lodestones yet. I was only able to break it for Gilgamesh with the free one they gave away, and I'm suspicious that might have been a whoops on my part :<

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Take your physical team into the Hall of Betrayal, and just use an Edge RW Blink/Last Stand, and you should be able to get through the 90 and 160 fights to easily grab another MC3. All of the Halls give more MC3s. The fights are almost all physical and Edge's SSB makes the Kain fight in particular a complete breeze.

The MC3 is also on completion, not mastery.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

TaintedBalance posted:

OK only gets good once he gets to level 93, right? One of the core reasons why I came to the thread worth mentioning I guess is that I can't break far enough into ultimate to get those RC3 lodestones yet. I was only able to break it for Gilgamesh with the free one they gave away, and I'm suspicious that might have been a whoops on my part :<

He only STARTS to gain significant stats at level 93. He will still be pretty bad until I think around level 96

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Also looking at what you have, why not just:

Orlandeau (OSB)
Agrias (Imperil Holy & OSB)
WoL (or Locke or Cecil, for more Physical Holy. Locke can bring Thief Debuffs too to help Ramza on support duty in addition to his really fast OSB)
Ramza (Shout and Support)
Eiko (You have her burst, which is great for physical teams because of +crit)

That stacks Holy and Physical buffs into a pretty scary team for most stuff. You've also got a crazy amount of good stuff to make Mage teams, or mixed teams once you get a MC3 for OK. I mean, really, you have more and better relics than I do and I can clear most content now (at least up through U++).

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

So is the reward for the final Nemesis fight really only a little bit of gil? I might try it out for fun but it seems like kind of an annoying fight, I figured they'd throw you *something* for it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

So is the reward for the final Nemesis fight really only a little bit of gil? I might try it out for fun but it seems like kind of an annoying fight, I figured they'd throw you *something* for it.

Your name and team comp gets published on the website.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I'm guessing bragging rights. I'm still unsure of how I'll take on his other two easier forms.

I was thinking:

III. Onion Knight (BSB) for Haste
VIII. Raijin (SSB/BSB) for Last Stand
II. Emperor (SSB) for Radiant Shield
XIII. Vanille (BSB) for Instant Medica
???
RW: Wall (because I still don't have it)

That gives me almost no damage options, especially if I try to slot in a second white mage (but due to realm limitations that'd probably wind up being Ovelia who at least has MBlink). If I try to slot in an OSB, my options are also pretty limited due to not wanting to double up any realms.

My OSB options are:
Tifa (VII)
Rinoa (VIII)
Locke (VI)
Firion (II)
Ashe (XII) (But I don't even have Ashe, and will have to hit some more Nightmare dungeons for Souls)
Tidus (X)

A bigger problem is not having any real support to slot in. I could drop OK for Ramza, but I heard Nemesis has a debuff that overwrites Shout. It would still provide a Haste though. My only other real option is to find a place for Barrett since he's my Pentabreak and can stack more debuffs. Or if I'm focusing on Magic, I could bring Fujin as supplementary damage and MAG/RES breaking? But then I'm doubling up on my Last Stand realm and thats bad news.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Honestly if you have Vanille's instant medica and mitigation, both of the lower Nemesis fights are complete chumps. I just went in with a Mako Might'd Vanille, popped it and RWed Wall after he did his intro attack, and then fought him like I would any other boss, and I wasn't ever even close to dying.

My team was:

Ramza (Shout + BSB) / Full Break + Magic Breakdown / Dr. Mog's
Rikku (Master Thief) / Thief's Revenge + Exhausting Polka / Battleforged
Edge (Eblan Doppleganger) / Dismissal + Double Cut / Ace Striker
Celes (BSB) / Snowspell Strike .+ Protectga / Truthseeker
Vanille (BSB) / Shellga + Curaja / Mako Might

I didn't realize he only did his 9999 damage attacks on the highest difficulty (or else I just got super lucky), which made Edge basically useless - I had no good ninja skill hones so I just slapped whatever on him, and his damage was garbage the whole fight. If I'd realized I didn't need Last Stand for those, I would have brought a better DPS character. Celes was suboptimal here too, but I just wanted someone with synergy and her BSB boost was better than most of my other options for that slot.

I'm not sure if he has an attack at the lower levels that overwrites Shout - if so, I didn't really notice. After Full Break + Master Thief went off, Rikku was doing about 20k damage per turn with Thief's Revenge, so if he did overwrite it, it wasn't a big deal. Most of his attacks were hitting for mid 3-digit damage, with his strongest attack hitting for barely above 1k. Vanille's BSB was more than enough to outheal all of his damage.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Your name and team comp gets published on the website.

Huh, that's cool I guess. This thread always delivers breaking info really fast so I'm not sure if I've ever actually visited the official site. I'm guessing the number of people who beat him is going to be so high that you'd just be lost in an endless crowd, though. Maybe I'll still try it if I get bored.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 2, 2017

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Ah, that doesn't seem too bad then. I've been putting it off until I've got synergy unlocked for every realm just because I feel like taking the safe route.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Got my first PVP kill today because I didn't think that Memento Mori was reflectable. RIP that Vanille I guess.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

Fister Roboto posted:

Got my first PVP kill today because I didn't think that Memento Mori was reflectable. RIP that Vanille I guess.

It's okay, your magic buff was worth it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

We need an April Fools stamp so bad

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Made my first attempts at ol' nemmie tonight. Currently trying to roll:

RW Onion Burst
IV: Edge geared for full Mag (Hope OSB weapon gets him to 531), Stitch in Time and Steal Power, with his last stand SSB and Ace Striker. He's summoning the RW and spamming command 2 for maximal SB gauge
VIII: Fujin with her BSB, Magic Breakdown, Phantasm and Battleforged. Phantasm is just there to get her gauge up to BSB as fast as possible. Magic Breakdown is there to help me withstand the initial barrage. More on that in a moment.
X: Yuna with her BSB2, Shellga, and Curada, and Mako Might. That's a party Mag buff and a spammable command medica with a damage kicker if I'm playing right.
XIII: Cid Raines with BSB, Wrath, and Power Breakdown to tag for medals and withstand the initial barrage. Edge will take over this duty late in the fight.
XIV: Y'shtola with Wall and Asylum, Wrath, and Protectga

Right now, this party isn't quite surviving the initial onslaught of Ultima->Boundless Ultima-> Spark. My starting setup has Y'sh casting Stoneskin round 1, Yuna casting Shellga. Then round 2, Y'sh casts Protectga and Yuna casts her BSB.

The first trick was learning to thread the needle so that I got Stoneskin, Shellga, and both Breakdowns up, along with Fujin defending (her HP as the lone level 80 is a bit anemic and she was dying on early attempts) before the back to back Ultima/Boundless Ultima, and also to get Yuna's initial BSB medica to land in between that second Ultima and the first spark. If I didn't land that timing right, Y'sh would usually die to that first spark before the next heal could land. After that, it's a matter of keeping up mitigation, building edges gauge, and letting Y'shtola cast wrath without triggering a counter Ultima until I can get Y'sh to cast asylum.

Once that happens, it's time to start spamming those fastcast burst commands for 15-20k/turn each, plus another 8k/round from Yuna while Y'sh tries to juggle healing and getting Wall recast...

And that's about as fast as I can get before I throw my phone at a wall in frustration when something goes wrong. It feels doable, but completely intolerant of error and full of the worst RNG.

Hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. If not, plan B is to try a physical team once ff9 synergy gets added and I can bring in Eiko for phys blink and +crit.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

You'll have much better mileage by going way more defensive

- Gear Edge for magic still, but RW Alphinaud SSB - Edge provides hastega anyway and the damage reflect shield is huge, give phantasm to him
- Use wrath to get Fujin's meter up asap
- You really need a character with Full Break to reduce Nemesis' stats

If you have Tyro's wall/BSB/USB you can use him as a dancer which doesn't trigger the counter ultima (this is going to kill you more often than not)

PS. Don't even try with a physical team, ultra spark removes all ATK buffs and physical spam will just make him counter ultima and kill you and you will be very sad

PPS. Please don't waste any time or money trying to beat this stupid gimmick joke boss that is supposed to be, by all rights, completely unbeatable without some very very specific SBs and whale gear

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Apr 2, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

It wasn't originally intended to be beaten--remember in JP they don't have the foreknowledge we do. But some people still did. Here everyone knew what was coming and what was needed several months in advance.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
In the past two weeks I've gone from zero OSBs to five, with several additional BSB and SSB gains on top of that. My unfair luck is holding. Grinding now for a pull on banner four.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Beasteh posted:

You'll have much better mileage by going way more defensive

- Gear Edge for magic still, but RW Alphinaud SSB - Edge provides hastega anyway and the damage reflect shield is huge, give phantasm to him
- Use wrath to get Fujin's meter up asap
- You really need a character with Full Break to reduce Nemesis' stats

If you have Tyro's wall/BSB/USB you can use him as a dancer which doesn't trigger the counter ultima (this is going to kill you more often than not)

PS. Don't even try with a physical team, ultra spark removes all ATK buffs and physical spam will just make him counter ultima and kill you and you will be very sad

PPS. Please don't waste any time or money trying to beat this stupid gimmick joke boss that is supposed to be, by all rights, completely unbeatable without some very very specific SBs and whale gear

The problem with using Alphinaud the way I'm setup is that I have no haste at the start of the fight - and without a haste at the start, Y'shtola is basically guaranteed to die to the first or second spark.

As for full Break, once I get everything rolling, healing through his physical stuff - even if power Breakdown wears off - is pretty manageable with Yuna's burst, while Y'sh covers the spike damage. And Fujin is applying double Mag and double Res Breakdown. Full Break doesn't seem strictly neccesary at that point.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Remember that Ultra Spark has a chance to Slow, so if you're not using Slow-resist accessories always consider that your healer might get Slowed and then you end up not being able to outheal his damage before you get to Burst again or have Edge fix that.

I'm not really going to tango with Nemesis - I imagine if I really really wanted to I might have a shot, but without a good Hastega or natural Wall, I think it'd be too tight to be worth the trouble. Relm might not be able to supply Last Stand fast enough on her own.

Right now I think I have a pretty good A-team, and I've got my sights on the next FFIX event to round it out. Having Vivi's BSB2 and Steiner's OSB would pretty much make it perfect and I can run a full IX team for some of the hardest content. Eiko's USB would be great, but I can't really afford to chase it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Remember that Ultra Spark has a chance to Slow, so if you're not using Slow-resist accessories always consider that your healer might get Slowed and then you end up not being able to outheal his damage before you get to Burst again or have Edge fix that.

I'm not really going to tango with Nemesis - I imagine if I really really wanted to I might have a shot, but without a good Hastega or natural Wall, I think it'd be too tight to be worth the trouble. Relm might not be able to supply Last Stand fast enough on her own.

Right now I think I have a pretty good A-team, and I've got my sights on the next FFIX event to round it out. Having Vivi's BSB2 and Steiner's OSB would pretty much make it perfect and I can run a full IX team for some of the hardest content. Eiko's USB would be great, but I can't really afford to chase it.

Yeah. Slow resist accessories all around are mandatory.

My issue right now is that I just don't see how you get out of the first barrage without Wall, Haste, and a Medica basically off the bat. Which means one of those three has to come from an RW. Which in turn means Alphinaud isn't an option, because bringing him blocks Y'shtola, whose medica is just so good for the fight in general.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also I've been catching shade from pubbies in MP cuz my Shadow is only level 80. I silence them by whipping out his fine burst, but it's still embarrassing. Is Shadow's final crystal even out in Japan yet?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

NaanViolence posted:

Also I've been catching shade from pubbies in MP cuz my Shadow is only level 80. I silence them by whipping out his fine burst, but it's still embarrassing. Is Shadow's final crystal even out in Japan yet?

All crystals for all characters exist in Japan now, yes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Is Full Break all four breaks or all four beakdowns? Want to know if I should create the breakdown abilities or if I'm good with just Full Break.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is Full Break all four breaks or all four beakdowns? Want to know if I should create the breakdown abilities or if I'm good with just Full Break.

Breaks, not breakdowns, IIRC.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yeah. Slow resist accessories all around are mandatory.

My issue right now is that I just don't see how you get out of the first barrage without Wall, Haste, and a Medica basically off the bat. Which means one of those three has to come from an RW. Which in turn means Alphinaud isn't an option, because bringing him blocks Y'shtola, whose medica is just so good for the fight in general.

It's been done.

You really need good defenses for it though, especially if you're bringing characters stuck at 80 for now. Of course, a Hastega is pretty much mandatory. Last Stand is something that I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to do without - possible, but hard.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ApplesandOranges posted:

It's been done.

You really need good defenses for it though, especially if you're bringing characters stuck at 80 for now. Of course, a Hastega is pretty much mandatory. Last Stand is something that I'd say you'd be hard-pressed to do without - possible, but hard.

Yeah. Basically spammable magic blink is the other alternative. No Firion for me though. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Full Break is weaker than the Breakdown abilities, but you're going to want to make them regardless because they all stack.

• Locked thread