Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

new rick and morty was great
:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
AV test

edit: lol I'm whip now

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Much better

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Freddie!!

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

You're welcome. I needed mine.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I get the feeling that I'm going to watch that Rick and Morty episode multiple times and STILL not catch all the jokes and poo poo in there.

There's even a REALLY subversive statement in there and I had to rewind the part with closed captions on to make sure I heard what I heard.

It's also really weird that they censor dick and gently caress, but not poo poo.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Deathy McDeath posted:

AV test

edit: lol I'm whip now

Well someone needs to be, dudes mia for months

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

facialimpediment posted:

It's also really weird that they censor dick and gently caress, but not poo poo.

I watched it twice and noticed they censored dick in some cases but not others. Like, just referring to dicks, uncensored. Referring to sucking dicks? bleeeep

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poTA34hKbZw

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Harper's Ferry is pretty alright, thanks to whichever weirdo recommended it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kazinsal posted:

I watched it twice and noticed they censored dick in some cases but not others. Like, just referring to dicks, uncensored. Referring to sucking dicks? bleeeep

It's likely by choice on what they censor or don't.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

cowboy elvis posted:

It's likely by choice on what they censor or don't.

No, that's a legit thing. Plenty of words are ok without a sexual context. Dick and rear end are great examples. Sucking a dick is a censored sexual act.

There was a pencil example years ago. Take a pencil and an rear end. I can place the pencil on the rear end, near the rear end, next to the rear end, and even touch the rear end with it. When I try to stick the pencil up the rear end, it will get bleeped.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Rock and Morty airs on cable tv. The FCC has zero input on censorship rules and enforcement on anything but broadcast. It's whatever the networks allow or the creators want. I know this first hand on getting commercials approved on broadcast television. Cable has no such rules.

So for this instance, yes, it is likely by choice what the show's creative team chooses to get censored. Sometimes a bleep is funnier than hearing the actual word.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

cowboy elvis posted:

Sometimes a bleep is funnier than hearing the actual word.

True. I recall Brutal Legend asking if you wanted bleeps or not at the beginning of the game, and it was better with the bleeps.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Life is very cool B-movie horror SF. The monster is super interesting visually and in behavior. The movie hits some very high notes while never dipping to a lull.

It's definitely a spooky cool movie. Glad to see mid-budget, no-frills monster stuff still has the chance to be made.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

bengy81 posted:

That was me! I'm useful!

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Rain and wind so bad I couldn't even see out the windshield

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

bengy81 posted:

a bit irrelevant and in no way directed at you but

in the Marine manual thing we had to study, under history, a listed accomplishment or w/e was the raid they led on that place to shut down the slave revolt by that abolitionist John Brown lol

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It was a total failure of a raid for anything other than propaganda.

The building was so small the marines had to be careful when they surrounded it so they wouldn't shoot each other.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I just think it's funny that they still celebrate the Military feat. I guess no one saw fit to edit the content

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

cowboy elvis posted:

Life is very cool B-movie horror SF. The monster is super interesting visually and in behavior. The movie hits some very high notes while never dipping to a lull.

It's definitely a spooky cool movie. Glad to see mid-budget, no-frills monster stuff still has the chance to be made.

Just saw it. Don't think b movie is the right description for that budget and cast. Eye rolled when the one dude was separated from the others and his comms were broken, everyone else was like- he'll be fine. Convenient set up for the next plot point but whatever. Good movie tho, kept the action up well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

a bit irrelevant and in no way directed at you but

in the Marine manual thing we had to study, under history, a listed accomplishment or w/e was the raid they led on that place to shut down the slave revolt by that abolitionist John Brown lol
A "proud" piece of USMC history: Killing a guy much cooler than themselves.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
you know what movie i could watch right now?

face/off

e: or lord of war

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 2, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

you know what movie i could watch right now?

face/off

Face

off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIyvSKCnBnk

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Today's dad tool is sponsored by: falling branches.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Lord of War is the one Nic Cage movie I've watched multiple times.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Mike-o posted:

Raising Arizona is the one Nic Cage movie I've watched multiple times.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

He is truly one of the great actors of our time

https://youtu.be/kOCF0BLf-BM

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Two Finger posted:

He is truly one of the great actors of our time

https://youtu.be/kOCF0BLf-BM

Reminder: Nic Cage has won both an Oscar and a Golden Globe

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Matchstick Men was also a solid performance. He really did have a string of good movies for a while. I enjoyed poo poo like The Family Man and Leaving Las Vegas, but goddamn how badly into a bookie do you have to be to make bad lieutenant.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
The Rock and Con Air. Cmon now. One gets you Ed Harris and Sir Connery, the other has Malkovich and Buscemi.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I like the rock because it's michael bay and I was probably 13 when it came out. Con air was a great popcorn flick and the casting was outstanding. Always a place in my heart for that poo poo.

Then there's poo poo like the wicker man, which I'm assuming Cage was huffing jenkem from the moment he heard about the project, through production, and up to the day before the premiere.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mike-o posted:

National Treasure is one of many Nic Cage movies I've watched multiple times.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

I like the rock because it's michael bay and I was probably 13 when it came out. Con air was a great popcorn flick and the casting was outstanding. Always a place in my heart for that poo poo.

Then there's poo poo like the wicker man, which I'm assuming Cage was huffing jenkem from the moment he heard about the project, through production, and up to the day before the premiere.

you never need to make any excuses for the rock seriously

that film loving owns and has one of connery's best lines

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Two Finger posted:

you never need to make any excuses for the rock seriously

that film loving owns and has one of connery's best lines

Prom Queen?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Flikken posted:

Prom Queen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV-52l_LRFw

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The Rock also had the guy who played Dr. Cox on Scrubs, John McGinley? That cast was top heavy as hell too.

Gone in 60 Seconds will always be special to me also, because young bleached out angelina jolie was my 18 year old mechanic fantasy woman. But again, top heavy, well rounded cast.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I suggest everyone watch Lost Soul on Netflix. It's a documentary about the disastrous production of the 96 Island of Dr. Moreau. There's some prime stories in ot about Val Kilmer being an rear end in a top hat.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Rock also had John Spencer, the chief of staff from west wing and rad dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Don't forget Michael Biehn

• Locked thread