Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

WienerDog posted:

AAA Buffalo.

The first plane back to Chicago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/ronkroichick/status/847952295274749952

Countdown to a phantom injury DL stint to kill his season starts now

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
i had a fever dream last night that Pearce was hitting .357 in late June and Bautista already had 19 HR. Morales was working out well and most of our starters were doing ok. Stroman got injured but we still were 1st in the AL. I woke up before the all star break. What does it mean?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
you have a weapons-grade fever and need an urgent lobotomy

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

patonthebach posted:

i had a fever dream last night that Pearce was hitting .357 in late June and Bautista already had 19 HR. Morales was working out well and most of our starters were doing ok. Stroman got injured but we still were 1st in the AL. I woke up before the all star break. What does it mean?

The Yankees will win the division.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Popete posted:

The Yankees will win the division.

It was really bizarre. Yankees were 5th of course because of their starters. Orioles 2nd. Red Sox 4th! I guess Price stays 2016 Price.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

patonthebach posted:

All of the dreams I can remember for the last week or so have been about baseball. In my dream world, Jon Lester now pitches for the Jays and Rowdy Tellez is the starting 1b

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i dreamed that jon lester could throw to first

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

R.D. Mangles posted:

i dreamed that jon lester could throw to first

Dexter Fowler gonna get on base tomorrow night and straight-up moon Jon Lester during the game.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
You guys....

You guys....

BASEBALL STARTS TOMORROW, YOU GUYS!!!

:circlefap:

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Your Taint posted:

You guys....

You guys....

BASEBALL STARTS TOMORROW, YOU GUYS!!!

:circlefap:

Our long national nightmare of having to hear about the defending World Series champion Cubs is about to begin.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen

Pancakes posted:

Our long national nightmare of having to hear about the defending World Series champion Cubs is about to begin.

On my end, at least I won't have to hear HAI GUYZ DID U KNOW THE CUBS HAVENT WON A WORLD SERIES SINCE 1908? OMG!! HERE'S A BUNCH OF poo poo THAT'S HAPPENED SINCE THEN every time they're on ESPN.

I will never get tired of hearing "the World Series Champion Chicago Cubs." Ever.

BigBallChunkyTime fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 2, 2017

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pancakes posted:

Dexter Fowler gonna get on base tomorrow night and straight-up moon Jon Lester during the game.

Then get gunned out by some young, emotional punk who doesn't respect the game.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

The Jays are apparently not taking Upton Jr. to the roster in favor of Ryan Goins :what:

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The Berzerker posted:

The Jays signed Chris Coghlan. Curious to see what they do with him / where they put him.

Hovering around second base for use as necessary.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

The Berzerker posted:

The Jays are apparently not taking Upton Jr. to the roster in favor of Ryan Goins :what:

Upton has trade value, I guess. Goins does not.

In other news, Mike Bolsinger was rewarded for his stellar appearance today in which he blew a 3-run lead against the Pirates by being put on waivers.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'd really like to hear "AL Champion Mariners" at least once.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

rickiep00h posted:

Hovering around second base for use as necessary.

I really wonder if he hums the Jaws theme to himself when he gets on base at this point.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
I don't want Coghlan on the Jays unless they turn him into a leg-seeking missile and fire him at Rougned Odor, in which case I'm all for it.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

patonthebach posted:

It was really bizarre. Yankees were 5th of course because of their starters. Orioles 2nd. Red Sox 4th! I guess Price stays 2016 Price.

The Rays will be in last place in the AL East again this year. I don't think the Yankees are 16 games worse, nor do I think Tampa has gotten 16 better.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Strongest and weakest divisions in 2017? I'd say the AL East is probably the best in baseball right now. Red Sox are the favorites but I wouldn't be surprised if the O's, Jays or Yankees won that division. Next best is the AL West. Three legit contenders and the Angels will be mediocre, not terrible IMO.

Weakest division would be the AL Central maybe? Not that impressed with anyone besides the Indians.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Pancakes posted:

You're right, I shouldn't watch baseball this year

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Inspector_666 posted:

The Rays will be in last place in the AL East again this year. I don't think the Yankees are 16 games worse, nor do I think Tampa has gotten 16 better.

Oh buddy, I don't agree with my fever dreams at all. I see Sox/Jays/Yankes/O's/Rays. But I dont make the fever dreams.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

The Berzerker posted:

Wtf.. Taking Carerra over Upton who plays better defense, offense and baserunning...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

The Pussy Boss posted:

Strongest and weakest divisions in 2017? I'd say the AL East is probably the best in baseball right now. Red Sox are the favorites but I wouldn't be surprised if the O's, Jays or Yankees won that division.

One injury for any of those teams could massively change the complexion of the division, it's going to be a roller coaster methinks.

If Price does end up losing significant time I think it's absolutely up for grabs.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 2, 2017

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

patonthebach posted:

Wtf.. Taking Carerra over Upton who plays better defense, offense and baserunning...

Yes but can he bunt?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
It seemed like carrera and goins were better clubhouse fits than upton. That plus uptons trade value it kind of nakes sense to me

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

The Pussy Boss posted:

Strongest and weakest divisions in 2017? I'd say the AL East is probably the best in baseball right now. Red Sox are the favorites but I wouldn't be surprised if the O's, Jays or Yankees won that division. Next best is the AL West. Three legit contenders and the Angels will be mediocre, not terrible IMO.

Weakest division would be the AL Central maybe? Not that impressed with anyone besides the Indians.

The weakest divisions in both leagues are the Central where you have nearly everyone picking Cleveland and the Cubs and those handful of 'pick the outlier just to be contrary' types spending a ton of time trying to convince themselves that (Detroit/Kansas City/St. Louis/Pittsburgh) really could make a run at the division If It All Falls Into Place

Strongest is probably the AL West. The AL East is the most balanced but I think the teams in the West are better foils for Cleveland.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Apr 2, 2017

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/jrlind/status/848404437303525378

I hope they don't have to hose down the locker room

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

CubsWoo posted:

The weakest divisions in both leagues are the Central where you have nearly everyone picking Cleveland and the Cubs and those handful of 'pick the outlier just to be contrary' types spending a ton of time trying to convince themselves that (Detroit/Kansas City/St. Louis/Pittsburgh) really could make a run at the division If It All Falls Into Place

Strongest is probably the AL West. The AL East is the most balanced but I think the teams in the West are better foils for Cleveland.

The NL West is also pretty strong. You've got the Dodgers who some are projecting to be a better team on paper than the Cubs, the Giants who aren't that far behind and have solidified the bullpen with Melancon, the Diamondbacks who will almost certainly perform better with a full year of Pollock + probable bounce back years from Grenkie and Miller, and the Rockies who are arguably ready to compete aside from their pitching, but something something Coors Field. Let's not talk about the Padres.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Walrus posted:

It seemed like carrera and goins were better clubhouse fits than upton. That plus uptons trade value it kind of nakes sense to me

Lol no it doesn't.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It has only just now occurred to me -- now that the thread is basically over -- to ask what the "C" in "C/V" stands for.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Kozma made the Yankees opening day roster lol.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
IT'S OPENING DAY, MOTHERFUCKERS! IT'S SPRING CHRISTMAS!!!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

:negative:

well, he'll just be backing up Torreyes until Didi is back, and then he'll be exiled off the roster

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

It has only just now occurred to me -- now that the thread is basically over -- to ask what the "C" in "C/V" stands for.

talkin' 'bout the 'cubs

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Kozma and Holliday together again. When's the next time the Angels play the Yankees? Somewhere Andrelton Simmons just woke up drenched in a cold sweat.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think it stands for "Can we talk about the Aroldis Chapman trade some more"

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Pancakes posted:

Kozma and Holliday together again. When's the next time the Angels play the Yankees? Somewhere Andrelton Simmons just woke up drenched in a cold sweat.

I'm having flashbacks of dickshots and infield flys.

• Locked thread