Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

It's not even my real av, I want my button smashing probation wall giggle back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
And I strongly associate av's with usernames so I have to keep doing double takes and confusing myself.

I am you, and someone who lurks is me?
\/\/

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 3, 2017

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

M_Gargantua posted:

And stronglyI associate av's with usernames so I have to keep doing double takes and confusing myself.

HEY!

Edit: Wait, what is college slice? Did I have that too?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

GreenCard78 posted:

I only recently found Trump has a sister who is a federal judge and has long refused, even in the early days of the campaign, to comment on anything or associate with anyone.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryanne_Trump_Barry
She confirmed that the voice of the fake publicist who used to call the news to talk about Trump related stuff was actually Donnie. But yeah, she's probably embarrassed by all of this.

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012
It looks that fraud is in the horizon for these elections. Gov says that their guy is winning.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/848702920128438272

1) Jared Kushner being in Iraq will definitely end well.

2) I can see this coming as punishment for being on a ski trip as the health bill died.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Bummer, looks like we've got longer to wait before Assange gets his eviction notice.

https://apnews.com/af21de49222347718ca6e1960c062cdd?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Guacamayo
Feb 2, 2012

suboptimal posted:

Bummer, looks like we've got longer to wait before Assange gets his eviction notice.

https://apnews.com/af21de49222347718ca6e1960c062cdd?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

There was fraud

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

...why? What could he possibly be doing in Iraq, aside from getting kidnapped?

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BigDave posted:

...why? What could he possibly be doing in Iraq, aside from getting kidnapped?

facialimpediment posted:

punishment for being on a ski trip as the health bill died.

:shrug:

That's my best bet, honestly. Cheeto doesn't seem like the type that's okay with anyone associated with him not blindly following him down with the ship

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Professor Bling posted:

:shrug:

That's my best bet, honestly. Cheeto doesn't seem like the type that's okay with anyone associated with him not blindly following him down with the ship

Ooh, I know! Kushner plans to get snatched by ISIS on purpose, so Trumpy can have a excuse to re-invade Iraq.

...nah, I doubt he has the intelligence to be a agent provocateur

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

well we already know trump doesn't give a gently caress about intelligence

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

BigDave posted:

Ooh, I know! Kushner plans to get snatched by ISIS on purpose, so Trumpy can have a excuse to re-invade Iraq.

...nah, I doubt he has the intelligence to be a agent provocateur

so when the hours long video of his brutal torture and dismemberment surfaces, trump's gonna have to invade, right? :(

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
APPARENTLY Kushner was invited to Iraq by Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Dunford.

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/848737938871656449

A classic story of Kushner's brain having enough sense to say 'give the loving general a seat at the table'. That said, I can see the trip being a 'hey, this is why your father-in-law needs to shut the gently caress up' kind of a trip. Or maybe something to show Kushner that he's playing with lives now.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

facialimpediment posted:

A classic story of Kushner's brain having enough sense to say 'give the loving general a seat at the table'. That said, I can see the trip being a 'hey, this is why your father-in-law needs to shut the gently caress up' kind of a trip. Or maybe something to show Kushner that he's playing with lives now.

I cannot imagine anyone in that family even beginning to give the appearance of one tenth of a whiskey-dicked gently caress about someone whose net worth is less than seven figures.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I don't know why you guys are surprised, this was clearly reported last week.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Middle East crisis is too much for many smart people to handle. Why anyone thinks someone dumb enough to marry into that garbage heap of a family can solve it is beyond me.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't know why you guys are surprised, this was clearly reported last week.

Even reality can't play 'Onion/Not-The-Onion' these days

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

facialimpediment posted:

Having enough sense or... being a slimeball who saw an opportunity ?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

FastestGunAlive posted:

Having enough sense or... being a slimeball who saw an opportunity ?

Relevant tweet:

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/848709356417761280

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...m=.f6f36a4d9b8f

How two US Marxists wound up on the front lines against Isis:

"...Other aspects of their experience jolted the assumptions they had come with. They were perturbed by the relish with which the YPG greeted the U.S. presidential election of Donald Trump, who is being hailed within the secularist group as an enemy of Muslims. Chapman is an observant Jew, and one of his hopes was to find a way to bridge the gulf between Muslims and Jews by demonstrating his solidarity with Islam. Instead, he found himself fighting alongside people who denounced Muslims.

“There’s a lot about it that’s not utopia,” he said. “It’s disappointing when people say things like ‘All Muslims must leave.’ ”

I feel like that is common knowledge about the YPG. Especially figured you would know that if you are a believer in their ideology. Or maybe at least do a google search before flying into a war zone

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

noice

quote:

The online ad reads like something only a metallurgist could love: an offer to sell 22 pounds of highly pure lithium 6 every month, set for delivery from the port of Dandong, China.

But it caught the attention of intelligence agencies around the world for a simple reason: Lithium 6 offers a fast way to turn an ordinary atom bomb into a hydrogen bomb, magnifying its destructive power by up to 1,000 times. The seller listed in the ad — who even provided his cellphone number — was identified in a recent United Nations report as the third secretary in the North Korean Embassy in Beijing.

But experts say the lithium ad — with its implication that the North is happy to sell an excess supply of the precious material — suggests that it is far too late to prevent the nation from becoming an advanced nuclear power.

https://twitter.com/nytpolitics/status/848824983774269440

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Gotta admit, he's definitely got swagger.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

M_Gargantua posted:

And I strongly associate av's with usernames so I have to keep doing double takes and confusing myself.

\/\/

Godholio?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

M_Gargantua posted:

\/\/

When I want a new av, I man up and go into D&D and earn it, unlike the entitled handout generation in gip.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That is one barren looking city. Almost looks like a more upscale version of City 17 from Half-Life

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/848868998565556224

Uh oh

https://twitter.com/CBCAlerts/status/848873045670469632

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Someone undoubtedly felt they needed a clearer excuse to crack down on the people protesting for democracy.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Cugel the Clever posted:

Someone undoubtedly felt they needed a clearer excuse to crack down on the people protesting for democracy.

It says something that when I saw the headline, first thing I thought was "When's the next election."

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

How in the sweet fancy gently caress are the Norks producing that much Li6? Getting it from the Russians/Chinese?

But yeah having THAT much of it handy is bad because you can boost the gently caress out of your fission bomb.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

More stories about Trump voters who can't believe that Donald loving Trump would gently caress them over! Shocking!

My favorite bit

quote:

Betty Harris, 77, gets choked up when she talks about her husband, who died in May, and her son, who died in February. Her two daughters live in Oklahoma City and visit once a month or so. There are two things that get her to leave her home: a quilting circle with friends and daily visits to the senior center.

The center offers lunch for two bucks, exercise classes, gospel singalongs, tax preparation help, monthly boxes of food for low-income seniors, a meal delivery program and a staff that can patiently explain Medicare or how to operate a cellphone. If someone doesn’t show up, the others quickly figure out why.

“It’s the only bright spot,” said Harris, who used to work for AT&T. “It makes me get dressed and get out of the house.”

quote:

Harris voted for Barack Obama when he first ran for president in 2008 because she liked his promise of change. But he disappointed her in a number of ways, including, in her eyes, being too sympathetic to Muslims. She voted for Republican Mitt Romney in 2012 and Trump last year.

quote:

But Harris is upset by the president’s proposed budget, which would dramatically cut funding for the Robert T. Davis Senior Center, managed by the Bryan County Retired Senior Volunteer Program. Harris said she gives each president 10 strikes before she withdraws her support.

“I have high hopes for Trump, but if he’s going to be cutting these kinds of programs, that’s going to be one,” Harris said. “And we’ll see. I hope I don’t get up to 10, but I will give him one for that.”

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's not funny when it's an elderly woman slowly losing everything that kept her world in peace. She's desperate and voted for the candidate who spoke to her on an emotionally-relatable level.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
How dare he be sympathetic to Muslims, I'm gonna vote for the guy who will literally bend me over the table and gently caress me in the rear end.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I bet trump sent kushie to iraq so he could have ivanka to himself for a day or three.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

cowboy elvis posted:

It's not funny when it's an elderly woman slowly losing everything that kept her world in peace. She's desperate and voted for the candidate who spoke to her on an emotionally-relatable level.

What exactly was it he said that she found she responded to emotionally? "gently caress all those browns, they caused your problems!" Cause she's over 18 so it obviously wasn't her pussy he was going to grab.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

CommieGIR posted:

How dare he be sympathetic to Muslims, I'm gonna vote for the guy who will literally bend me over the table and gently caress me in the rear end.

Having a base level of empathy won't kill you.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Mr. President, how many Muslims have you been sympathetic toward? Ten or more? This is important for my strikes-based merit system.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bird food bathtub posted:

What exactly was it he said that she found she responded to emotionally? "gently caress all those browns, they caused your problems!" Cause she's over 18 so it obviously wasn't her pussy he was going to grab.

Do you ever plan on saying anything worth hearing?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I honestly question whether there's anyone out there who actually voted for Obama and then voted for both Romney and Trump. Bonus points if that mythical disillusioned Obama voter is old, white, and near the poverty line.

As endearing as these stories are, I refuse to believe this woman or anyone in her situation ever voted for Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The schadenfreude sustains me

• Locked thread