Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SP power rankings so far:

First: Chris Archer

Last: Masahiro Tanaka

Stay tuned for more updates.

Also I setup a fanduel lineup for today to spice up opening day a bit more and I forgot to put a single Ray or Yankee on it :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I'm trading Votto for Bryant in my OBP league.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

I love opening day overreactions. Someone dropped Eaton for Kiermaier.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I love opening day overreactions. Someone dropped Eaton for Kiermaier.

to be brutally honest Eaton hasn't done poo poo yet

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Baseball is starting!!! Do I sit CarMart against the Cubs opening night in roto?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Toronto Dls osuna jfc.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Annual reminder to not flip out over the first few days of the season

Telling myself this right now since I own Tanaka in a couple leauges

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

euphronius posted:

Toronto Dls osuna jfc.

Oh goddammit

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Baseball is starting!!! Do I sit CarMart against the Cubs opening night in roto?

Why did you even draft him given his price if you are going to do this

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

DeepDickPizza posted:

Uhh. No.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

DeepDickPizza posted:

Why would you draft him that early if you think he's someone you're going to have to be careful of who he starts against?

If you've taken a pitcher in the first like 10 rounds it better be someone that you think is matchup proof.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure he was :razz: guys...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Some Numbers posted:

Oh goddammit

10-day retro to the 30th, not so bad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is 10 day DL new. I thought it was always 14 day.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

euphronius posted:

Is 10 day DL new. I thought it was always 14 day.

It was 15 until this year.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

It was 15 until this year.

right 15 day. Cool. That is a huge plus for fantasy.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Had my 10 team 7x7 (OBP+SLG/QS+K/9) keeper league draft today:

C: Perez
1B: Rizzo
2B: Altuve
3B: Healy
SS: B. Crawford
IF: Cano
OF: C. Gonzalez
OF: Springer
OF: Polanco
UT: Mazara
UT: Haniger
BN: Bell
DL: J.D. Martinez
DL: T. Murphy
NA: Moncada

SP: Kluber
SP: Arrieta
SP: Verlander
RP: Ramos
RP: Watson
RP: Holland
P: Shoemaker
P: Walker
BN: Glasnow
BN: Cotton
BN: Urias ( :( )
DL: Osuna

I've got 4 bench spots now, I'm looking to grab Wacha, Ryu, Moustakas, and someone else I haven't decided yet (possibly Amir Garrett to fulfill my homer lust). Between trades and keepers, I had like 4 picks between rounds 5 and 19, and I think I did pretty well considering that

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 3, 2017

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
David Dahl worth a #5 waiver in a 12 team? Has the hype train derailed?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Bumgarner leads the league in home runs. Hit, not thrown.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Moneyball posted:

David Dahl worth a #5 waiver in a 12 team? Has the hype train derailed?

Yeah I think so, why not? Personally if I see a player I want on waivers I just do it.

Totally unrelated, one of the $ roto league I'm in is using GIDP as a pitching category. Haha whyyy

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Owning Carlos Martinez this year is gonna be awesome. The most important drafting rule in fantasy is always spend your first starter spot on a mid tier spanish pitcher right next to always roster a jewish player for good luck

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Pick up the random Korean or Japanese pitcher that hasn't been hyped up.

e: You know there is somebody out there who actually did bench Cmart against the Cubs.

I completely missed that the season started on 4/2 and left Tanaka benched in one league, so that helped.

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 3, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Owning Carlos Martinez this year is gonna be awesome. The most important drafting rule in fantasy is always spend your first starter spot on a mid tier spanish pitcher right next to always roster a jewish player for good luck

Jewish players are important as fuuuuuuuuuuck.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Do i want liriano or lance Lynn as an end of the bench arm? H2h points league if that matters.

Leaning liriano with that run support and russ martin back catching him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pitchers :shrug:

Who knows. See how they do for a few starts and cross your fingers.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

the_american_dream posted:

Do i want liriano or lance Lynn as an end of the bench arm? H2h points league if that matters.

Leaning liriano with that run support and russ martin back catching him

I'd go liriano personally, I have him starting at the moment, but who knows really.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lynn

liriano pitching to the al east seems like a deathwish to me, especially when he's pitching in rogers half the time. lynn was good before the injury, though his effectiveness depended heavily on his velocity. how'd he look in spring training?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 3, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I felt pretty good about my teams when I drafted them and the day after but I just looked at my lineups now and feel like I completely hosed up in every way. YAY FANTASY SEASON :shepicide:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I'd go with Liriano, but only because I am a Blue Jays fan and only believe in Spring Training stats when they support my beliefs. A 14.5 K/9 and a 4.83 K/BB? Sure, I believe that will translate into the regular season.

Is this the thread where I post about wanting to drop Tanaka and how I think Martinez is going to be a Cy Young winner?

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Inspector_666 posted:

I felt pretty good about my teams when I drafted them and the day after but I just looked at my lineups now and feel like I completely hosed up in every way. YAY FANTASY SEASON :shepicide:

I feel great other than punting saves so I need some standing closers to blow-up soon. Yesterday was a good start.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

resident posted:

I feel great other than punting saves so I need some standing closers to blow-up soon. Yesterday was a good start.

One of my teams only has Cam Bedrosian on it for saves at the moment, and another has Melancon and Osuna so YEAH I AM FEELING IT.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What are the odds Joey Gallo can find a place on the roster at any point this season after Beltre returns? I guess Choo will probably get injured so that could do it

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Lol I did a last minute Yahoo pro league on Saturday night, and since draft technically ended on Opening Day, the league doesn't start until Week 2. Was wondering why all the matchups were 0-0.

ESPN needs to add money leagues next year so I don;t have to put up with Yahoo's poo poo.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So like I previously said I managed to completely gently caress myself on closers in one league. I currently have Cam Bedrosian and Felipe Rivero (I picked Kelley for the WAS lotto and lost) and the wire is loving dire:

Is there anybody worth picking up there? I know Barraclough put up amazing numbers last year but he's got a lot of guys ahead of him. It seems like I'm just gonna have to try to swing a trade or just give up on SV. I'm tempted to pick up Capps but SD is so bad I don't think he'll get many save opportunities. I guess Nate Jones might be a "Grab him before he gets traded somewhere he'll close" guy?

Pitcher scoring categories are ERA/K/W/L/SV/WHIP/QS.

EDIT: Also would you rather have Wacha, Ryu, or Musgrove?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Apr 3, 2017

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
When there's 7 pitching categories, punting saves will barely hurt you. I wouldn't stress too much about it, and I wouldn't be trying to trade for a closer.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I'm planning on stashing Capps with my DL slot. Nate Jones will probably close whenever David Robertson gets dealt, but that won't be for a couple months.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I want to overreact and drop Buxton so bad

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The gently caress do you have wins, losses, and qs

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

ZenVulgarity posted:

The gently caress do you have wins, losses, and qs

hosed if I know, I only just joined this league. I'll bitch next year if it comes to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Ryon Healy Dinger God is my only 3B and after DL/NAing guys post draft, I have 4 open roster spots. Is Moustakas worth a flier or will he just hit .230 and chip in some homers and make me feel like a tool for not making Wacha or Ryu my top waiver priority?

The best 3B on the wire otherwise probably like Saladino, Profar, Gurriel, Polanco, and Flores :geno:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 4, 2017

• Locked thread