Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdOgvdbl314

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

spit on my clit posted:

(none of them about jewish people)

Just things about discrimination in the west not being real, diluting genepools and how rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people.

:love:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yardbomb posted:

Just things about discrimination in the west not being real, diluting genepools and how rich black people commit more crimes than poor white people.

I think it's clear he meant that legislated discrimination isn't much of a thing any more, and he also made a video to try and clear up some of the confusion. I'm glad he's stepping back from politics, because it was annoying seeing this poo poo happen every other week with him.

i need to watch more of Ethan's videos though, he's a funny guy.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So has anyone else inadvertently learned about the ricochet update by accidentally massacring your hostages while trying to just keep them suppressed with your gunfire noise?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

spit on my clit posted:

I think it's clear he meant that legislated discrimination isn't much of a thing any more, and he also made a video to try and clear up some of the confusion. I'm glad he's stepping back from politics, because it was annoying seeing this poo poo happen every other week with him.

Nah, he's a colossal racist, fully beyond any point of redemption.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Kammat posted:

So has anyone else inadvertently learned about the ricochet update by accidentally massacring your hostages while trying to just keep them suppressed with your gunfire noise?

I learned that blasting a flamethrower into four shields in an enclosed space makes absolute chaos for a good ten seconds!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Discendo Vox posted:

Nah, he's a colossal racist, fully beyond any point of redemption.

whatever ya say, man

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Wait, the ricochet perk deck wasn't a jape? It sounded too stupid to be real tbh.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Those Ethan pager lines are gold.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

For context, "Ethan" is a member of popular youtube group H3H3 productions. I don't know much else about him, but most of the elements of this April Fools gag are references to his schtick. Most of the overkill devs know nothing about H3H3, this joke was pushed by Overkill_Ashley, apparently. Wilko's Ocelot Perk Deck is from Wilko, of course.

Almir loves him too, he tweets about him sometimes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i really fail to understand what is so goddamn hard about the tenet "politics, or games - not both"

but it continues to seem like game personalities cannot handle that

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Coolguye posted:

i really fail to understand what is so goddamn hard about the tenet "politics, or games - not both"

but it continues to seem like game personalities cannot handle that

I blame social media, specifically twitter.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
edit: poo poo PD2 thread not dumbass youtuber thread.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 2, 2017

Wastrel_
Jun 3, 2004

Read it and weep.
Endless meltdown would be the worst best thing. More excellent still if it was made such that the car and all other vehicles can be permanently broken.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wastrel_ posted:

Endless meltdown would be the worst best thing. More excellent still if it was made such that the car and all other vehicles can be permanently broken.

I wasn't planning for there to be vehicles. Imagine (on Meltdown) a series of containers being deposited and removed by choppers, containing a variety of different kinds of safes, vaults, meth labs, etc, with loot to secure in a truck partway into the driving area.

edit: well, forklifts, maybe. One forklift.

On Slaughterhouse, imagine gradually emptying pigs from the slaughterhouse into containers that are lifted away and returned periodically, with new pigs appearing on the conveyor belt feed. Different pigs contain different loot and weigh different amounts.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Apr 2, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Imagine an endless corridor of titan safe sized doors, all opening to yet another titan safe.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Crabtree posted:

Imagine an endless corridor of titan safe sized doors, all opening to yet another titan safe.

Don't spoil my tomb of horrors heist plz

also some folks helped me get a pdth challenge, so just blow-out and that's the wrong door again are left.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Imagine a zealboot stamping on a clown face - forever.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Hey forums poster spit on my clit, maybe stop unprovokedly defending nazis in random threads. it reflects poorly on you.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

Hey forums poster spit on my clit, maybe stop unprovokedly defending nazis in random threads. it reflects poorly on you.

good thing im not doing that, then.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

spit on my clit posted:

i need to watch more of Ethan's videos though, he's a funny guy.

Everything he said was regurgitated talking points from alt-right hate sites.

E: Not trying to dogpile though.

What's good in the new Russian guns?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

spit on my clit posted:

good thing im not doing that, then.

spit on my clit posted:

internet comedian jontron said stupid things debating a starcraft streamer on said streamer's channel and is now labeled a nazi because he said dumb things (none of them about jewish people)

actually, maybe just stop posting all together

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Rich Chainses commit more crimes than poor Jackets, that's just a fact.

Improbable Lobster posted:

What's good in the new Russian guns?
I might have heard a good word put in for the sniper rifle?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

watho posted:

actually, maybe just stop posting all together

im defending him because i said he said stupid poo poo? i dont agree with what he said, im just saying that he did say things and is now somehow a nazi because of it. no reason to get so heated about this.

maswastaken posted:

Rich Chainses commit more crimes than poor Jackets, that's just a fact.

chains stole our hearts, the gravest crime of all.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

maswastaken posted:

I might have heard a good word put in for the sniper rifle?

You can run with 3 detection rocking the new sniper rifle.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Laputanmachine posted:

You can run with 3 detection rocking the new sniper rifle.

so it pretty much makes the John Wick pack obsolete?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

The dragunov is good and yeah you can hit minimum detection with it, plus the bizon is also a good secondary, great big capacity, damage feels fine, I think with it you still get pretty fat chunks of ammo back every pickup. The AK was also ridiculous at first because of how self-sustaining it was off ammo pickups but they nerfed that down, day 1 of it though I never even had to go near an ammo bag and I was practically just holding the trigger and hosing down the cops uninterrupted.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The SMG is good. It's ammo pickup is the same as the global %, it just benefits from it well because it has 40% more ammo than other SMGs of its damage class.

The sniper rifle is pretty much a direct upgrade to the John Wick one from last fall, but the semi-auto from the John Wick map pack is still best in its class.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Hey Vox, to what extent was Body Expertise nerfed? I love that skill.

Fake edit: also, best all around DMR?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Hey Vox, to what extent was Body Expertise nerfed? I love that skill.

Fake edit: also, best all around DMR?

Body expertise used to be 33% of headshot, 100% when aced. It's now 20% basic, 66% aced.

DMR- there are a lot of valid options. I use a CAR-4 or AMR-16. You will want a silencer and silencer skills for the current meta.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
That nerf seems pretty reasonable, honestly.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Best all around DMR is the AK rifle cause the ammo pickup on it owns.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

That nerf seems pretty reasonable, honestly.

as someone who loves body expertise because it lets me be the laziest heister on the planet: it is

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Best all around DMR is the AK rifle cause the ammo pickup on it owns.

AK and CAR have the same pickup and basically the same stats when set up as good DMRs. The AMR comes out slightly more damaging but at a pretty major pickup disadvantage.

Chairface Gun Talk:

Assault Rifles: For DMR's the CAR/AK's my pick for the good DMR stats and high pickup. For a run-around automatic rifle CAR/AK and JP36 are the standouts, again due to high pickup and reasonable stats. There's a handful of other rifles that come in close with the JP36, and the Bootleg's fun as a pocket-LMG and the only real "concealable LMG" option.

Shotguns: I like big mags and I cannot lie. The Steakout's 20 round drum scales up to 35 with aced Close By and is my #1 pick for shotgun murder. The Goliath has 6 (thus 21 with aced Close By) and the Izhma has 7 (thus 22 with aced Close By.) The Izhma's the choice for a concealable autoshotty. In both the Steakout and Izhma cases I recommend modding em to Single Fire or pushing V to toggle em to it if you don't have the DLC. If you're not looking to ace Close By, the Judge, Loco and Raven are the top end choices as all three can make very good concealable weapons. The Renfield's pretty similar to the Raven but without the concealment edge, so for the DLC-less still perfectly valid if you're not trying to dodge with a shotgun.

LMGs: There's really only two: The Brenner stats out best for accurate/non-Body Expertise fire, and the KSP for Body-Expertise. With Body Expertise nerfed, the KSP is somewhat diminished. If you lack the DLCs for those, the RPK comes out as a slightly worse Brenner and the KSP-58 a slightly worse KSP. The Minigun was in a bad spot before BE was nerfed and is all but useless now.

SMGs: If you want a pocket assault rifle, the CR805B and nearly-identical-but-very-slightly-worse Krinkov are the go-to choices. For akimbo SMGs the Heathers are clear champions. For a concealable bullet hose, a variety of options exist with the UZI family notable standouts.

Grenade Launchers: They're all great and have their own niches. The Piglet has a long reload but the highest alpha strike potential, the GL40 can be made concealable, the Arbiter's probably the best secondary in the game, and the China Puff's a close second while being more concealable than an Arbiter.

Rocket Launchers: The Commando can be fun with a Suicide King build but in general rocket launchers are too hampered by not having ammo pickup to be serious contenders when grenade launchers exist.

Sniper Rifles: Another "pass." DMRs do nearly everything sniper rifles do with better pickup and ammo pools. Penetrating shields and other light barriers just isn't enough of an edge to make up for all the other downsides vs. a DMR.

Handguns: There's lots of good ones here and they run the gamut from the Broomstick's weird pocket-DMR configuration to akimbo Chimano Compacts. In general handguns aren't in a terribly strong place right now but work fine for certain niches and have a lot of options.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
You're right except one is the CAR & the other is God amongst rifles.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Spring Break event is apparently scheduled to begin at 11 AM EST.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Everyone's gotta wear their gaudiest shades for the duration, teams must have one beach friendly character at least (Bodhi, any of our Miami boys)

It's spring break, baby.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

After all the work he's put in, nobody has a better beach bod than Dragan.

TearsOfPirates
Jun 11, 2016

Stultior stulto fuisti, qui tabellis crederes! - Idiot of idiots, to trust what is written!
http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/kento/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

The papercraft stuff is neat and all, but a full half of the event being devoted to it?