Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Is it out yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm so haP to be friends with u, MakoC 👏👏♨️

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

tithin posted:

Is it out yet

It's been delayed until December 2017, sorry.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Does the font improve or you just get used to it over time?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

It's been delayed until December 2017, sorry.

In a stunning turn of events it's been reverse delayed back to Winter 2014 and it's been out for 2 years.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my best buy order is still Processing so im shook fellas i think the game got canceled

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
This game should be on the Switch, man. I want portable Persona.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Alder posted:

I never noticed the text font so maybe? It's clear and concise, and doesn't get hard to read 80 hours later.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Alder posted:

Also is there any setting that isn't "bar" I'm getting Catherine flashbacks. I mean the screenshots on the last page even appear to have the Catherine dude in them

Moltrey posted:

my best buy order is still Processing so im shook fellas i think the game got canceled

Mine too, but I did in store pickup. Best Buy's usually good about games. I've bought games there exclusively for like the past 4 years and they never missed release date (for in store, anyway.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 3, 2017

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Catherine is one of the best games Atlus has put out so that's not a problem

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

enojy posted:

Also is there any setting that isn't "bar" I'm getting Catherine flashbacks. I mean the screenshots on the last page even appear to have the Catherine dude in them
you live in the attic of a coffee shop so there's a lot of Interior Table but also there is School

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's two bars, one which is your place, school, street place with the fortune teller, med clinic, arcade, your own room, etc.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

💯

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Why does the insignia on Makoto's collar say "BJ" on it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FractalSandwich posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boaz_and_Jachin

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

FractalSandwich posted:

Because she's of the Priestess Arcana and the Priestess tarot card has a B and J on it. They represent Boaz and Jachin, two copper pillars that stood in front of the temple of Solomon

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Of course it's a tarot thing. I should have guessed.

That's a much better answer than the guy who tried to tell me it stands for "Shujin".

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

That's a much better answer than the guy who tried to tell me it stands for "Shujin".
lol

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

this is the first game i have ever bought over psn, do i just put my console on rest mode to start downloading it or do i have to do something else?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Roobanguy posted:

this is the first game i have ever bought over psn, do i just put my console on rest mode to start downloading it or do i have to do something else?

Rest mode to get decent speeds

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

FractalSandwich posted:

Yeah it's SJ you know that weird German S that looks like a B

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

tithin posted:

Rest mode to get decent speeds

thank you :)

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I cannot believe that noted good game persona5 will be playable, in English even, tonight

what a world

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Whelp I screwed up my amazon order apparently, and somehow my ship date got pushed til the 6th. I realize the shenanigans are my fault 'cause details are apparently the bane of my existence, but that said where would you advise someone an hour or so into the boonies a faithful place to order P5? Or should I be resigned to the 6th? Because the gamestop in the nearest town is sold out apparently

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Yeah I might be hosed as well. Didn't think to update my out of date card from ordering an entire goddamn year ago, imagine that, and that cost me release day shipping as an option on Amazon? We'll see. There's a distribution center literally right next to me :shrug:

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yeah I might be hosed as well. Didn't think to update my out of date card from ordering an entire goddamn year ago, imagine that, and that cost me release day shipping as an option on Amazon? We'll see. There's a distribution center literally right next to me :shrug:

Yep exactly this. Ah well, I'll probably just have to hunt around by phone tomorrow.

Rookoo
Jul 24, 2007

Tae posted:

I can't do Shinya's link. I can't. I'm laughing too hard. That's loving Laharl/rita repulsa teaching me how to be a gamer shootman

also, Makoto doubling down on being the mom

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Can't unsee it now, that character's hosed for me

Solarflare
Apr 21, 2008
Anyone that's been lucky enough to get an early copy, how big is the install?

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Solarflare posted:

Anyone that's been lucky enough to get an early copy, how big is the install?

I don't have a copy but the preload is live and that's the same thing, it's 20.28 GB. Japanese voice track is a couple more gigs if you're into that.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
My copy is finally being shipped.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Come on amazon don't fail me!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

nice

(uk psn acct)

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Not been able to get home to start preloading this and won't be home til this evening. If this doodaa doesn't download in ~4 hours so I can play it THE SECOND IT IS AVAILABLE then heaven help me I shall weep.

Do all the social link/tarots have a certain like personality trait across the games? I'm curious what social link I would be for one of the more interesting, protagonist people I know IRL.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
They do, based on tarot interpretations.

The Magician, for example, has always been a young male who is particularly interested in ladies, IIRC.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Vitamin P posted:

If this doodaa doesn't download in ~4 hours so I can play it THE SECOND IT IS AVAILABLE then heaven help me I shall weep.
I'm curious what social link I would be for one of the more interesting, protagonist people I know IRL.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Deltasquid posted:

The Magician, for example, has always been a young male who is particularly interested in ladies, IIRC.

Morgana is pretty chill, mostly has eyes for ann.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?
Shipped this morning! :neckbeard:

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Tae posted:

Morgana is pretty chill, mostly has eyes for ann.

Can you get them to hook up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

freshlybaked posted:

Can you get them to hook up?

please do not "hook up" with the cat