Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Changing 10 pixels on a dumb logo is a gargantuan feat of effort and I encourage you all to not even think about attempting such a task.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

thatguy posted:

Changing 10 pixels on a dumb logo is a gargantuan feat of effort and I encourage you all to not even think about attempting such a task.

What if Chris Roberts wants them green though? That's 2.6.3 right there.

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
You do not understand pixel-logo development.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

AP posted:

I can't imagine anything more stupid that fighting against scripts for something so pointless.

Let's just laugh at this and not put any effort into screwing with something the Citizens might actually get to see at some point.

I agree. Im all for making fun of Star Citizen, but those guys are trying to be a part of something fun for everyone. Im even glad its next to the Elite thing and would like to see them both together.

For all the poo poo the 2 communities do to each other, we are all a part of the space game lover group. Let them have that art. In the end, were all gamers.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

I agree. Im all for making fun of Star Citizen, but those guys are trying to be a part of something fun for everyone. Im even glad its next to the Elite thing and would like to see them both together.

For all the poo poo the 2 communities do to each other, we are all a part of the space game lover group. Let them have that art. In the end, were all gamers.

There is no game.

Trammel
Dec 31, 2007
So, was there any explanation for the green / gassing? I didn't see any in here or QCS.

Alternatively, are there any addons/extensions/grease-monkey scripts to get rid of it?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Dongattack posted:

Off topic, but someone ITT had a addon of some sort to write notes on posters, can anyone remember the name of the addon/where to get it?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/something-awful-last-read/nlcklobeoigfjmcigmhbjkepmniladed?hl=en

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Trammel posted:

So, was there any explanation for the green / gassing? I didn't see any in here or QCS.

Alternatively, are there any addons/extensions/grease-monkey scripts to get rid of it?

SomethingAwful forums are now sponsored by ISIS.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Let them finish but also make a Derek Smart logo

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

grimcreaper posted:

lol

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
green is the new orange

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Trammel posted:

i just added https://forums.somethingawful.com/css/gaschamber.css? to my ABP block filter list

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

:five::five::five:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

grimcreaper posted:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

we did it redit!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/E38UVtf.gifv

one more cat.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

Or just let them do whatever

Best option right here.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

This is nice of blizzard to do. Especially considering they tend to cling to stuff forever, and the original Diablo was still full price 20 years later it seems.

Agreed. Although, having just finished the Protoss campaign, it is funny how my mind glossed over a lot of frustrating things about it. I also remember it looking better.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

AP posted:

I can't imagine anything more stupid that fighting against scripts for something so pointless.

Let's just laugh at this and not put any effort into screwing with something the Citizens might actually get to see at some point.

So, the CIG approach, sans money, then?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

AP posted:

ARENA COMMANER | ENEMY CAN SHOOT THROUGH ROCKS - SINGLEPLAYER

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Enter singpleplayer pirate swarm
2 hide behind rocks

ACTUAL RESULT
Enemy can shoot through rocks

EXPECTED RESULT
Every weapons should not be able to shoot through rocks

Mining lasers already in game, mining coming Soon(tm).

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:getout:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

i feel grief

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
I thought the gas chamber treatment was Beet/r playing an April fools joke but I guess it's a certain admin needing attention? lmbolmao

Please pretend I never hit shift while typing this post lmaolmbo.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Green is objectively the worst color.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

grimcreaper posted:

Not me, I'm not a gamer at all. hating SC is just part of my anti game agenda.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Michaellaneous posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRZ-IxZ46ng

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sandweed posted:

Not me, I'm not a gamer at all. hating SC is just part of my anti game agenda.

SC isn't a game though.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Samizdata posted:

... it is funny how my mind glossed over a lot of frustrating things about it. I also remember it looking better.

retro gaming.txt

About a decade ago I decided to revisit my misspent youth of C64 gaming. It was difficult to even imagine how I'd spent 100s of hours on games that would barely even class as functioning today. Ah, you can't go back..

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Michaellaneous posted:

PURPLE

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Michaellaneous posted:

I'm happy Star Citizen is painted in the RGB (rust, grey, black) palette

Trammel
Dec 31, 2007

Blue Cross Blue Balls posted:

i just added https://forums.somethingawful.com/css/gaschamber.css? to my ABP block filter list

Thanks. No more green. It's like the admins are going out of their way to make SA unwelcoming.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Michaellaneous posted:

Ahem, yellow.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

no_recall posted:

SC isn't a game though.

And me and the rest of the shill gang are working hard to keep it a non game.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Regrettable posted:

Ahem, yellow.

This. So much this.

At least green has some neat variations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

can confirm not green

:hfive:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

The green will be gone as soon as I remind the admins to remove it lol. April Fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE
Could someone explain how being green is an April fools joke, I just though "FAU is failing to kill the thread again" when I saw it.