Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZombieCat
May 3, 2014

At first I was disappointed that we weren't going to see Garrison's meltdown in reaction to a Clinton victory. It never occurred to me that he would just have a meltdown regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

FaradayCage posted:

But the Dalai Lama reincarnating is a positive thing, I think.

Most of what I know about it comes from Last Week Tonight.

It is, technically. In Tibetan Buddhist traditions the belief is that many Buddhas, such as the Dalai Lama, continue to reincarnate in order to help others attain enlightenment. Therefore, everyone benefits from his continued presence.

I should note that outside of Tibetan traditions this is generally not a widely held belief.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
You know I feel like Garrison's angry Trump always looks impotently angry. That is the face of a man who is keenly aware he can do nothing about the fact that Obama is trying to delegitimize his presidency.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Something I notice browsing on the mobile app is that a lot of cartoons are in gif format. Is there a reason for that?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Garrand posted:

Something I notice browsing on the mobile app is that a lot of cartoons are in gif format. Is there a reason for that?

Before png became popular and widely supported (early/mid 00s), gif was the standard lossless image format of the internet. I'm guessing whatever sites publish their cartoons in gif format are running very old code and just haven't bothered switching to png.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Garrand posted:

I'm not sure why that would be. The ones I posted were all uploaded to Imgur in exactly the same way, so there shouldn't be any difference. Maybe it's something to do with the various sources I got them from?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

RoboRodent posted:

The current Dalai Lama is also on record as thinking he may be the last incarnation, which probably has something to do with the fates of the last and current Panchen Lamas. If a 15th Dalai Lama is announced, the Chinese government will, in all likelihood, eliminate him and produce their own, loyal-to-China Dalai Lama.
Not that I'm doubting it but that is some serious diabolical ancient world poo poo.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Fungi conquers all in the end, a CDDA cartoon.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love how the guy threatening to not come back from the dead if he doesn't get his theocracy back is somehow taken seriously on the world stage.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

rodbeard posted:

I love how the guy threatening to not come back from the dead if he doesn't get his theocracy back is somehow taken seriously on the world stage.

He also spends a huge amount of time trying to prevent war, so a little bit of madness is acceptable. America has literally never had a leader who didn't publically affirm a belief in an omnipotent invisible creator. North Korea has a literal immortal as its official head of state.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

This one's an edit. Original is from 2010.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Somfin posted:

He also spends a huge amount of time trying to prevent war, so a little bit of madness is acceptable. America has literally never had a leader who didn't publically affirm a belief in an omnipotent invisible creator. North Korea has a literal immortal as its official head of state.

That, plus he's up against the government that in all likelihood murdered the child he named as the one who would choose his successor.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

I dunno, from your personal experience as a man seething with rage, Ted, how DO they do it?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's a very flattering Bannon

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

It's the motherfuckers YOU support who think the household items are spying on them.

Tingfinder
Oct 21, 2013
You guys truly are heroes, wading through rivers of muck to get to the gold nuggets.

I come in here and read a few comics occasionally, but the sheer reality distortion field from many of these deranged far-righters is enough to put me off after a few pages.

The vast majority of them are also incredibly bad artists. Strange how that works.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tingfinder posted:

You guys truly are heroes, wading through rivers of muck to get to the gold nuggets.

I come in here and read a few comics occasionally, but the sheer reality distortion field from many of these deranged far-righters is enough to put me off after a few pages.

The vast majority of them are also incredibly bad artists. Strange how that works.

Telling stupid people what they want to hear is a job that requires absolutely no talent, and which your audience will never demand any effort for.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Tingfinder posted:

I mostly look for the ones that are so bad they end up being funny or artists that already have a reputation here.

No sense just regurgitating all the lovely cartoons that are just lovely for the standard reasons.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Is there any major modern political cartoonist who is too bland to show up here regularly?

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
All of 'em but we show them anyways.

We are sick in the head in this thread.

Edit: brain shitted out on me and misread bland for untalented.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Apr 3, 2017

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Garrand posted:

I notice that the drunk duck is always in gif form ... I think the simple color palette happens to still work well with gifs.

That rall has such bad perspective; how is this guy even allowed to drive?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
Ted Rall was in favour of the invasion of Afghanistan before he was against it.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How far back does Rall sucking Russia's dick go?

Or was this before he was paid to do it?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I like how Tedd makes even Derf look accomplished.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

How far back does Rall sucking Russia's dick go?

Or was this before he was paid to do it?

Ted Rall has always been paid to make political cartoons :confused: (not enough for his liking of course, as he frequently points out)

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

King Possum III posted:

Speaking of Rall....

Didn't Wikileaks say that their anonymous submission process made it impossible to know who their sources were? Or at least that they wouldn't reveal anyone?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Ryan Alexander-Tanner and Bill Ayers on activsim.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

doodlebugs posted:

"Boris"? Is this supposed to be Yeltsin? He died in April 2007 so the date matches.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Makes sense.

Food is a sexual thing. Introducing some food in your mouth with a stranger => Your wife angry.

This dude is a vampire and vampire culture has weird twists.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

loquacius posted:

Ted Rall has always been paid to make political cartoons :confused: (not enough for his liking of course, as he frequently points out)

He's published by a Russian propaganda outfit.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I like how Tedd makes even Derf look accomplished.

Hey, My Friend Dahmer was loving great.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

What does this mean? It was Obama hacking the DNC the whole time?!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The Russian government is actually run by Obama's shadow government all along. poo poo goes deep.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

doodlebugs posted:

Of all the dipshit hot-takey things that Rool believes, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was Correct and Good because they were owed that territory because, um, reasons is the dipshittiest.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Arglebargle III posted:

Yes, the latest thing going around is that the DNC leaks to wikipedia were actually provided by pro-Bernie people from the DNC & Obama's team, not Russia.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Arglebargle III posted:

yes there are grammar errors, gently caress you i'm typing while furious

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

D.N. Nation posted:

Of all the dipshit hot-takey things that Rool believes, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was Correct and Good because they were owed that territory because, um, reasons is the dipshittiest.
How can you be so goddamned willfully dense to fail to understand Ted Rall, of all people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Xander77 posted:

How can you be so goddamned willfully dense to fail to understand Ted Rall, of all people?

He's....written on the subject in the past and this is what he actually believes?

• Locked thread