Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Reiley posted:

It's a lot easier to dynamically color edit pixel sprites than 3D model textures, especially if they have a lot of gradient texture baked into the art assets.

No, tinting and color ramps (the modern little brothers of palettization) have been a standard feature of even middleware engines for more than 10 years. There's nothing tricky about dynamically coloring models and it's regularly used in games. They don't include color edit in SFV and other fighting games because they'd rather have you buy extra colors as DLC.

Chev fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

General Morden posted:

they can be grabbed yes

only LP DPs will have throw invincibility

the only fully invincible DPs are the EX ones

That sounds pretty dumb for a universal option, I'm not gonna lie.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Uncle Kitchener posted:

That sounds pretty dumb for a universal option, I'm not gonna lie.

Welcome to SFV.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

My local group has more KoF and Xrd players than SFV now.

We made it.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spuckuk posted:

We made it.

praise ono

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Spuckuk posted:

We made it.

And they said I was crazy.

Told you it'll happen, you goons.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
dps being bad is good for me because i always pick characters who end up not having a dp so i cum a little when i see one whiff in front of my face and I know I'm going to remove 40% of someone's lifebar for it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Metrohunter posted:

dps being bad is good for me because i always pick characters who end up not having a dp so i cum a little when i see one whiff in front of my face and I know I'm going to remove 40% of someone's lifebar for it

this just means people will DP less and you won't have that opportunity

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
nah they still do it

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Metrohunter posted:

But that's always been the drawback of doing a dp?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I think it's pretty drat funny that this thread is excited about costumes that only exist as mock up drawings as if there's not a 90% chance they look like poo poo when they actually show up.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Metrohunter posted:

dps being bad just means you're going to see less of them doing this

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Intel&Sebastian posted:

dps being bad just means you're going to see less of them doing this

Metrohunter posted:

nah they still do it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Metrohunter posted:

nah they still do it

They're trying to mash command normals and the buffer is loving them up

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

http://www.vg247.com/2017/04/05/one-year-in-capcom-is-slowly-proving-it-really-gives-a-drat-about-street-fighter-5/

Slowly indeed. At the speed of a glacier.
Maybe in 10 years we'll get a decent game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

anime was right posted:

quote this if you think user jack trades should stop posting itt

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
I think you're all cool people :3:

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Thanks, Jose!

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
FGC Good Guy Jose

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

apple posted:

That's where you're wrong friendo

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

apple posted:

You are a treasure, apple, but you're giving me and the rest of this thread way too much credit

especially me

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
How do I beat someone who blocks when I press buttons and presses buttons when I try to throw?

mrbotus fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 6, 2017

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
throw

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

nickmeister posted:

How do I beat someone who blocks when I press buttons and presses buttons when I try to throw?

*whispered sensually* The Shimmy.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

nickmeister posted:

Neutral jump into a combo that uses all your meter when you feel the throw tech coming

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nickmeister posted:

You shimmy.

I mean, for real, you fake a throw, walk backwards and hit them with a CH. You can also be a cheeky rear end in a top hat and cancel the end of your regular blockstring into a special because people that like to press buttons are guaranteed to start pressing them as soon as their brain tells them "it's safe now".

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I can never get close enough to actually shimmy. They seem to preternaturally guard that throw range perfectly. Jump in, throw, teched. Jump in, jab back up slightly and press a button to try to bait the throw, counter hit by frantic jabbing. Every time.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

nickmeister posted:

I can never get close enough to actually shimmy. They seem to preternaturally guard that throw range perfectly. Jump in, throw, teched. Jump in, jab back up slightly and press a button to try to bait the throw, counter hit by frantic jabbing. Every time.

Stop jumping, slow down and let them come to you. You don't need to constantly be doing something, and trying to force the issue is probably getting you punished more often than not. Just block and play patient, especially if you get a life lead. Sit on it and they will have to come to you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

nickmeister posted:

You need to be putting them on the defensive for longer, by the sounds of it. Try going for frametraps until they stop getting hit before you start your throw game, even if they're not 'natural" ones. I have serious issues with being unpredictable on offense, so I can relate to it feeling like people are psychic when really, I'm not doing enough to make them flinch. Tokido is probably the master at that poo poo, his pressure leaves just enough gaps for you to hang yourself.

ADTerminal
Jun 1, 2011

Thoughts?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Sakura is the strongest because she battles demons and dictators bravely in her own family's back yard.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Karin is the strongest because she has a lot of money and thats how the world works my friend

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Cody's the strongest because he could easily beat every one of the main cast but laziness and boredom prevents him from realizing his potential

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Cody's the strongest because he could easily beat every one of the main cast but laziness and boredom prevents him from realizing his potential

handcuffs names laziness and boredom is pretty cool

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Karin is the strongest because she has a lot of money and thats how the world works my friend

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Ken's the strongest because he could easily beat every one of the main cast but laziness and boredom prevents him from realizing his potential also he has a hot wife

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Ken's not lazy, he's worked very hard to make himself strong, and also get married and have a kid

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ken's not lazy, he's worked very hard to make himself strong, and also get married and have a kid

The most Aryan family.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Medullah posted:

The most Aryan family.

Half japanese aryans must be like twice as angry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I made it to bronze 😊