Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wrestlemania was okay and had 4 stinkers in Ambrose-Corbin, HHH-Rollins, the Sd championship match and Taker-Roman. It was a fun 15 hours event and the thread was loving hilarious.

Also

https://twitter.com/ChocoMochi/status/848749022131220480

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

The_Rob posted:

Wrestle kingdom was a 5 hour show and it was loving amazing. Even the lame stuff wasn't dreadful.

I'm kinda looking for to WK more than Wrestlemania these days. The way they pace the matches is masterful and I don't get why WWE can't figure that poo poo out.

Rob Gronkowski seems to be getting the most mainstream attention. If they ever use him again this HAS to be his theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeBMpCMFbHE

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Just woke up

Current mood: Thinking about Ramp Snake

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

I watched until the ring was filled with worms during Bray/Orton and got too tired to continue. I completely flipped my poo poo at Triple H's stupid loving tricycle entrance tho, sorry for everyone in wrestletalk who had to listen to me laugh for five minutes.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I have my money on Roman skipping RAW tonight.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

DoctorGonzo posted:

Wrestlemania was okay and had 4 stinkers in Ambrose-Corbin, HHH-Rollins, the Sd championship match and Taker-Roman. It was a fun 15 hours event and the thread was loving hilarious.

Also

https://twitter.com/ChocoMochi/status/848749022131220480

Every time they end up in Orlando with a wrestlemania people nearly die because of pyrotechnics

I fell asleep during Rollins/HHH. Woke up to see Lesnar get parity'd into being another part time champ, which is alright. Fell asleep again during Reigns/Taker, woke up to Taker music playing and went "hooray!".

Then I saw the thread.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I'd listen to Roman about the Holocaust. He's an expert at getting gassed.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I heard from my sources that Roman and Taker were planning to have a good match, but Dewey Foley came and slapped them around and made them have the bad match, instead.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also Cena was awful in his Miz match and the proposal was fake even for wrestling standars. Nikki Bella was the worst part in her tailor made angle for her tailor made show. Think about that.

The Miz deserve a World Title this year.

JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ruggington posted:

Current mood: Thinking about Ramp Snake

this has pretty much been my entire morning so far

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I'm really going to miss my strong sweaty dad, Bill Goldberg

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

:discourse:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I heard from my sources that Roman and Taker were planning to have a good match, but Dewey Foley came and slapped them around and made them have the bad match, instead.

I heard the reason Roman denies the Holocaust is because he finds it hard to believe that something more horrific than Dewey Foley's existence happened.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Women oriented morning show radio in Detroit is talking about John Cena's proposal at WrestleMania. Briefly discussed the match that John Cena and Nikki Bella had with the Miz, and his wife.

No love for Maryse whatsoever, terrible.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So the wedding is a shoot wedding or a mark wedding?

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

Zing!

That botch killed the match it was at least somewhat serviceable before that moment. I wonder what was going through Vince's mind when THE BIG DOG couldn't lift Taker through sheer might and strength. I wanna hear what Austin thought of the match.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Thought I would ask this favor again, now that we're not posting in a hyper-fast thread:

"Somebody grab a pic of Steph on the ground and photoshop it into Yamcha's death pose scene, pretty please?"

AJ Lee example (that someone applied some kind of cartoon filter to?):

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I appreciate how WWE seemed to forget about the Smackdown Womens match and then hurriedly rushed to squeeze it in at the end.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I can't hate Orton/Wyatt as I've never laughed harder at a wrestling match in my life. Also I love that Goldberg/Brock consisted of 4 total moves between both wrestlers.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

January 13, Dave tweeted (in response to someone wondering if Cena/Taker not happening this Mania was so it could happen next Mania):

quote:

No, just Vince has a different vision for the show and thinking longterm picture not short-term.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

In kayfabe logic wouldn't Roman/Lesnar be the next championship match? I literally can't see how they're going to keep them apart for an entire year.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I like that they used Taker's streak ultimately to get Roman over, hosed that up a year later, then after another 2 years used Taker's retirement to get Roman over and will doubtless gently caress that up too

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Blasmeister posted:

I can't hate Orton/Wyatt as I've never laughed harder at a wrestling match in my life. Also I love that Goldberg/Brock consisted of 4 total moves between both wrestlers.

Also Wyatt looked cool and strong until that fart of a finish.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chris James 2 posted:

Cena doesn't have a history of hernias including months away due to severe ones.

God, remember when they had him trying to lift the big show immediately coming off of that? This is how the company treats people they LIKE

Hernias aren't specifically a back injury. A hernia is something is out of place from where it should be. The common back injury is a herniated disc, where your spine's disc is out of alignment and it loving wrecks your back.

Roman did not have a herniated disc.

Roman had a herniated small intestine. It had gotten wrapped around his spine. and it was pinching it and stopping blood flow.

He was out of action for 2 months because they had to cut him open to realign his small intestine so it wasn't being strangled by his spine because it could have ruptured or become gangrenous and he could have died.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

In kayfabe logic wouldn't Roman/Lesnar be the next championship match? I literally can't see how they're going to keep them apart for an entire year.

They somehow did it for Hogan/Sting.

Owens and/or Balor are due a title rematch at some point. Maybe AJ if he jumps to Raw. Still plenty of time to have Lesnar drop the belt maybe around Summerslam and pick it back up at the Survivor Series or Rumble.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Two years in a row now I've checked out before a Reigns main event and I've had zero regrets. Barely watching Raw and skipping Reigns is a better wrestling world.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

They somehow did it for Hogan/Sting.

Owens and/or Balor are due a title rematch at some point. Maybe AJ if he jumps to Raw. Still plenty of time to have Lesnar drop the belt maybe around Summerslam and pick it back up at the Survivor Series or Rumble.

Whoa, 3 singles matches for Brock?! Sounds super optimistic right now, that's basically his total over the last 2 years

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I just hope they induct Mean Mark Callous into the HOF next year.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Brock/Goldberg was good, Styles/Shane was a ton of fun, and the tag ladder match was the best thing on the show by a mile. Everything else was fine besides Taker/Reigns which was just kind of sad. Overall solid Mania.

Somebody do a photoshop where Bray does the corner pose and the worms are replaced with the wolverine dick reveal gif

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Video feed of HHH preparing for his entrance

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

i will accept orton's victory IF, and only IF, ramp snake becomes a regular part of his entrance

i laughed for his entire walk down the ramp and i need a weekly dose of that stuttering n64 graphic snake awkwardly trying to keep pace with orton

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

holy poo poo

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

dromal phrenia posted:

i will accept orton's victory IF, and only IF, ramp snake becomes a regular part of his entrance

i laughed for his entire walk down the ramp and i need a weekly dose of that stuttering n64 graphic snake awkwardly trying to keep pace with orton

Haha yea thats what I thought too. We were naming it the sperm snake. Due to the weird looking head it kind of looked like a giant sperm snake going after Orton.

It was not a bad Wrestlemania just wish Undertakers last match was more entertaining.

Also gently caress the heartless crowd for not yes yes chanting Cena & Nikki

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If Matt doesn't get to use his broken character to full effect it will be such a waste. It's so fun to watch.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

has anyone done the scott hall picture yet

Chris James 2 posted:

Whoa, 3 singles matches for Brock?! Sounds super optimistic right now, that's basically his total over the last 2 years

conveniently that's how many PPVs Raw will have until Summerslam

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

That botch killed the match it was at least somewhat serviceable before that moment. I wonder what was going through Vince's mind when THE BIG DOG couldn't lift Taker through sheer might and strength. I wanna hear what Austin thought of the match.

:vince:: taker is sandbagging my boy damnit!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Roman is less of a man now.

I wonder if Taker would walk backstage, eye Vince and do his neck slash thing, and Vince punishes Roman rest of year jobbing to Dolph in increasingly humiliating fashion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

St Evan Echoes posted:

I like that they used Taker's streak ultimately to get Roman over, hosed that up a year later, then after another 2 years used Taker's retirement to get Roman over and will doubtless gently caress that up too

I don't know how anyone could watch that last night and think it will get Reigns over.

I'm pretty sure the guys in the back will be giving him poo poo about it for a long while, much less the fans.

• Locked thread