Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Jazerus posted:

ace new av dude

I'm really happy with it.

Earning new avatars is hard but rewarding work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

another thing that is very suspect is how the media handled the story. right when pizza gate came to light , there seemed to be a coordinated effort by the legacy corporate media to push the whole fake news narrative and to point fingers at russia and demonise them for supposedly hacking the DNC e-mails, instead of objectively reviewing the evidence. things like that just fuel the conspirational fire

Actually it was ignored for a long time until an idiot shot a gun inside of a pizza parlor and asked to see the the child sex slaves. This is much more important in that it demonstrates how spreading poorly-constructed conspiracies like this one can lead to real people with real delusions taking real guns to real places.

Pizzagate itself is not newsworthy unless you're so crazy that you believe the elite gain their power through satanic rituals

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know the painting thing is a complete red harring because it the Pizzgaters said those paintings appeared inside Comet Ping Pong. Also I'm going to assume most people who believe in Pizzagate are not exactly, well cultured. To put it more blunt, their idea of art is anime and video games and cannot understand what the art means beyond "sexy kids". It would be like assuming someone who's really into Otto Dix is seeing soldiers brutalized, or HR Giger wanting giant robot peniss everywhere.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
You guys think they use coded language when talking about actually getting pizza? Maybe they call actual pizza "kids"

"Hey, Hillary, let's go get some kids and a side dog, I'm starving."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Every time a republican says "Common Sense" they mean "Kill the poor" . this is the only word replace that actually is correct.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Shbobdb posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The real April Fools is that Fans is Aatrek.

Who else would respond with :wtc: to someone arguing that children aren't sexy and that no reasonable person would want to molest them.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Uh, I mean, maybe there's just some hosed up perverts in the world except the rich ones can buy silence?

Makes more sense than whatever you posted.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Quite the coincidence then, that the rich and powerful are heavily enriched for pedophiles. If it is just a maladaptive form of attraction, you'd expect it to be spread more-or-less evenly across the population.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

Quite the coincidence then, that the rich and powerful are heavily enriched for pedophiles. If it is just a maladaptive form of attraction, you'd expect it to be spread more-or-less evenly across the population.

It is, you're just an idiot

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

QuarkJets posted:

It is, you're just an idiot

So you think certain parts of the population are naturally more susceptible to pedophilia? Why?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Shbobdb posted:

I feel exactly the same way re: yacht ownership.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Shbobdb posted:

So you think certain parts of the population are naturally more susceptible to pedophilia? Why?
I think you interpreted their post as the exact opposite of what they meant.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Shbobdb posted:

We're not going to have much luck here if you can't even parse basic English.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Illuminti posted:

THATS JUST WHAT THE ILLUMINTI WOULD SAY

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Illuminti posted:

He thinks magic is real.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Shbobdb posted:

It's analogous to how your maladaptive form of posting is facilitated by a discretionary spending budget that can write off $10.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

xthetenth posted:

It's analogous to how your maladaptive form of posting is facilitated by a discretionary spending budget that can write off $10.

So if pedophilia were less taboo (and hence less expensive) everybody would do it?

As the kids are saying, "hosed up if true."

In my world pretty much nobody is a pedophile. I question your judgment if you think most people in your life would love to gently caress kids but don't because they can't afford it.

Yachts, on the other hand, are a better example. They are expensive so they are the realm of the rich but (importantly) they are also culturally valued in wealthy circles. I'd argue that since most people aren't pedophiles, pedophilia seems to have a huge cultural value in wealthy circles.

The next question is: why?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

dwarf74 posted:

He thinks magic is real.

Well you have to consider that significant numbers of people still think "magic" is real and will do things according to how they think "magic" should be done to try to accomplish their goals. Because of that, treating "magic" as as real as any other form of religion is helpful to understanding to how some people are going to act and react.

It doesn't matter if slaughtering a goat on an altar actually summons magical power, it matters that that guy down the street stole your goat for his magic ritual. That jerk.

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

I was raised on the dairy, Bitch!

Shbobdb posted:

So if pedophilia were less taboo (and hence less expensive) everybody would do it?

In my world pretty much nobody is a pedophile. I question your judgment if you think most people in your life would love to gently caress kids but don't because they can't afford it.

Yachts, on the other hand, are a better example. They are expensive so they are the realm of the rich but (importantly) they are also culturally valued in wealthy circles. I'd argue that since most people aren't pedophiles, pedophilia seems to have a huge cultural value in wealthy circles.

You continue to fail to comprehend what you are reading. The point everyone is trying to make is thus:

Some small portion of the population has unhealthy sexual attraction to children. Some of them probably don't act on that desire for fear of consequences. Others of that portion of the population act on their desires anyway, and some of them are caught and face consequences. Some of them happen to be rich and powerful, and they use that power and money to give themselves the ability to abuse children while insulating themselves from consequences.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Shbobdb posted:

Similarly to how the priority you put on godawful gimmick posting makes ten bucks for an internet forum seem reasonable, the people who see accumulating power to the point that they get off on it in wildly inappropriate ways are more likely to be the ones who structure their lives around attaining that power. That and the above combine to a perfectly adequate explanation.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
So, now we have two separate and somewhat conflicting models.

Jethro: As explained previously, the idea that there is just a small subset of wealthy people doing this isn't supported by the facts. Pretty much everybody whose anybody has been on the Lolita Express, to say nothing of the pedophilia rings that ran the Tory government in England plus Pizzagate but people want to refuse to believe that. When "a small subset of the ultra elite" becomes "pretty much the entirety of the ultra elite" it suggests that your model is deeply flawed.

xthetenth: The hedonic/libertine angle is possible but, as previously discussed, that seems to rely on a natural drive towards pedophilia that I just don't think is there. If you had an infinite amount of money, would you spend your time loving children? Would pretty much everyone in your social circle? For me the answers to both those questions is a clear and firm, "No, of course not!" Maybe I just happen to be lucky/selective with my friends so I'm not hanging out with budding pedophiles. Or maybe it says something about you . . . I don't know.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Stupid smart people are the worst

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

In reverse order:

Shbobdb posted:

So, now we have two separate and somewhat conflicting models.
xthetenth: The hedonic/libertine angle is possible but, as previously discussed, that seems to rely on a natural drive towards pedophilia that I just don't think is there. If you had an infinite amount of money, would you spend your time loving children? Would pretty much everyone in your social circle? For me the answers to both those questions is a clear and firm, "No, of course not!" Maybe I just happen to be lucky/selective with my friends so I'm not hanging out with budding pedophiles. Or maybe it says something about you . . . I don't know.
Neither I nor anyone I know (as far as I know) is a pedophile minus a billion dollars so they can get started with their abuse. But I also don't hang out with people who are that obsessed with money in general. xthetenth's point is that it takes a particular type of weirdo to be "self-made" mega-rich in the financial industry, and some of that weirdness could result in generalized "gently caress your society. I am so rich I can break all the rules, including the ones about child loving."

quote:

Jethro: As explained previously, the idea that there is just a small subset of wealthy people doing this isn't supported by the facts. Pretty much everybody whose anybody has been on the Lolita Express, to say nothing of the pedophilia rings that ran the Tory government in England plus Pizzagate but people want to refuse to believe that. When "a small subset of the ultra elite" becomes "pretty much the entirety of the ultra elite" it suggests that your model is deeply flawed.
Or my model is correct and "pretty much the entirety of the ultra elite" is an exaggeration based on flawed testimony, salacious news articles, and extending lines of evidence well beyond where the connected dots would support.

"everybody whose anybody has been on the Lolita Express" - News flash, rich rear end in a top hat hangs out with other rich assholes. As far as I can tell, gathering what I can from such impeccable sources as Fox News, the Washington Times, and World Net Daily, maybe two of Epstein's guests are alleged to have joined him in his child loving. Which isn't nothing (given that one of the alleged rapists is our current president), but it's also not the whole of the NY, DC, and London elite.

"pedophilia rings that ran the Tory government" - Is this the pedophilia ring alleged by one victim with no credibility, or the one alleged by some crank who quite possibly forgot to send the document he said the police suppressed? I have a hard time telling them apart given that I don't know which one was pushed by the one MP with an axe to grind. Or was that both of them?

Pizzagate - Another example of you trying to prove that a huge portion of the global elite are pedophiles by presenting as evidence a conspiracy where to believe it you have to accept that a huge portion of the global elite are pedophiles.

People who sexually abuse children exist. They exist at all levels of society. They are among the rich and famous (Epstein and Jimmy Savile), prominent locals (Jerry Sandusky, pedophile priests), and anonymous "normal" people (abusive parents, the occasional kidnapper). They put themselves in positions of power over children to enable their abuse, or they use their wealth and power to deflect attention, or they rely on people being averse to report abuse. That said, they are relatively rare, and the idea that they make up a significant portion of world leaders and the super rich is tabloid-driven, satanic panic-style conspiracy nonsense.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Shbobdb posted:

Jethro's right, you haven't demonstrated it's "the entirety of the ultra elite" yet.

I mean, I went to mass when I was kid, but I wasn't molested and it's stupid to think EVERY priest is a pedophile. Similarly, there were definitely some real sickos in the Tory government, but that doesn't mean that all British politicians are and always have been pedophiles. Most importantly, I don't think Epstein was molesting underaged girls 100% of the time, which we know for a fact because it came up during the trial.

I mean, we have the flight logs. Don't you think it's just as likely some of these were just guys looking to cheat on their wives with prostitutes above the age of consent? Are you saying everybody on this list fucks kids? Kevin Spacey? Do you think Donald Trump is a pedophile?

To be clear: I am totally on board with the possibility of a massive secret elite pedophile network! But possible is not the same as probable.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Lolita Express: Yeah, I purposefully hang out with known pedophiles all the time because we share other interests such as <empty set>. Would you hang out with a known pedophile? Let them treat you to special services like vacations? I wouldn't. Most people I know wouldn't.

Tory Pedophile Ring: Yeah man, these are all totally unsubstantiated:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westminster_paedophile_dossier

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_child_prostitution_ring_allegations

It's easy to keep looking, [url=https://www.sott.net/article/322016-Pedophile-rings-are-enormous-and-pervasive-among-the-worlds-elites]and plenty of people do./[url]

You are correct in your objection to Pizzagate: it is far more circumstantial than the other cases presented here. But as you correctly noted, once you've accepted the fundamental reality of elite pedophilia rings existing, Pizzagate certainly seems to fit the bill.

Especially once you consider Hillary's extreme hybris and desperation. Even if sex magic isn't real, doesn't Hillary strike you as the sort of person who would consider eldritch options to further her agenda? Republicans have been tapping into it since forever. Real or not, why wouldn't she give it a try?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
I still can't believe everyone I disagree with is a pedophile satanist but it's true.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean this topic is really gross and I hate to spend more than a token amount of thought on it, but at the same time I feel like there's something deeply important to understand about the human psyche in here somewhere that we'd really better figure out at some point rather than just flailing around with palliative legal remedies that can only clean up after containment failures of insane brains.

It's like, there's 120 Days of Sodom. All predicated on the idea that when you give people infinite wealth and impunity, they'll engage in forms of sexual libertinism that aren't just "everybody would do this if they could because it's universally seen as awesome, it's just really expensive"—they're more like "Normal people of normal means and normal tastes would never even consider doing things like this because it's completely bonkers and sounds totally awful".

Why does 120DoS exist? Is it playing upon the real tendencies of human beings to go bugfuck insane with the things that turn them on once they're no longer moored by the concerns of everyday life? Or is it just a grotesque fantasy cooked up to demonize a strawman master class: "I bet this is the kind of thing these sickos get up to, lord knows they have nothing better to do"

I assume and hope other people are better informed about this than I am.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Data Graham posted:

I mean this topic is really gross and I hate to spend more than a token amount of thought on it, but at the same time I feel like there's something deeply important to understand about the human psyche in here somewhere that we'd really better figure out at some point rather than just flailing around with palliative legal remedies that can only clean up after containment failures of insane brains.

It's like, there's 120 Days of Sodom. All predicated on the idea that when you give people infinite wealth and impunity, they'll engage in forms of sexual libertinism that aren't just "everybody would do this if they could because it's universally seen as awesome, it's just really expensive"—they're more like "Normal people of normal means and normal tastes would never even consider doing things like this because it's completely bonkers and sounds totally awful".

Why does 120DoS exist? Is it playing upon the real tendencies of human beings to go bugfuck insane with the things that turn them on once they're no longer moored by the concerns of everyday life? Or is it just a grotesque fantasy cooked up to demonize a strawman master class: "I bet this is the kind of thing these sickos get up to, lord knows they have nothing better to do"

I assume and hope other people are better informed about this than I am.

how many rich, successful furries have you heard of

back in the day most people were too busy trying to survive to get into weird sex. now we can spend all day on the internet

Jethro
Jun 1, 2000

Shbobdb posted:

Lolita Express: Yeah, I purposefully hang out with known pedophiles all the time because we share other interests such as <empty set>. Would you hang out with a known pedophile? Let them treat you to special services like vacations? I wouldn't. Most people I know wouldn't.
No, I wouldn't. And if I were rich and powerful I probably would hang out with other rich and powerful people who were not known pedophiles. But it is certainly not beyond the realm of possibility that one of those rich and powerful people was, unbeknownst to me, a secret pedophile. If pedophiles spent a lot of time announcing to the world they were pedophiles they'd be at least a little easier to stop

quote:

It's easy to keep looking, [url=https://www.sott.net/article/322016-Pedophile-rings-are-enormous-and-pervasive-among-the-worlds-elites]and plenty of people do./[url]
1) Hard to tell what's real and what's smoke from a quick scan of Wikipedia, but even if true it's a handful of elites, not massive numbers.
2) Yes, that well known source of global elites: marginalized, insular immigrant communities
3) Yeah, that looks pretty much unsubstantiated.
the other one I was thinking of that looked like as much smoke as fire (and involving a small handful of elites, if true) was Elm Guest House.

quote:

You are correct in your objection to Pizzagate: it is far more circumstantial than the other cases presented here. But as you correctly noted, once you've accepted the fundamental reality of elite pedophilia rings existing, Pizzagate certainly seems to fit the bill.

Especially once you consider Hillary's extreme hybris and desperation. Even if sex magic isn't real, doesn't Hillary strike you as the sort of person who would consider eldritch options to further her agenda? Republicans have been tapping into it since forever. Real or not, why wouldn't she give it a try?
Oops, my bad. I should have listened to the rest of the thread.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

shbobdb, my good man, have you heard of "confirmation bias"?

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

Shbobdb posted:

Sloppy. I didn't say the Tory ring was unsubstantiated, I said I didn't see evidence that it included all British politicians then now and forever (although I think Thatcher was involved in the cover up).

I also linked to the Franklin, Nebraska coverup in one of my earlier posts, so the fact that you linked to it twice -- in a response to me -- makes you doubly sloppy.

As far as Epstein goes, there are all sorts of rumors circulating around people, which you may or may not find plausible. I would guess, if you want to use the other examples as reference, that before he was put on trial, Epstein's crimes were known to small group, suspected by some, and caught many completely unwares. Although if you want to talk about rumors:

Donald Trump posted:

I've known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it -- Jeffrey enjoys his social life.

Finally, it's a bit rude of you to ignore my questions in favor of your own. And I'm still waiting to hear a source on the pizza code that isn't 4chan.

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

vseslav.botkin posted:

Finally, it's a bit rude of you to ignore my questions in favor of your own. And I'm still waiting to hear a source on the pizza code that isn't 4chan.

All of the emails are on wikileaks. Heres the "playing dominos on pasta" one https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30613

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Yeah . . . it must be a coincidence that these elite pedophilia rings keep happening again and again and again.

No connection. That seems reasonable.

As for a non-4Chan source, that is hard since 4Chan did a lot of the early work and most of the later work is based off that for Pizzagate. So what?

That's the sort of sloppy skepticism that creationists and the like use. Have you ever *seen* an atom? Did you actually do all the experiments that would prove Evolution or are you taking someone else's word? Have you been to space and seen the spherical Earth with your own eyes?

We don't accept that crap when people do it in other areas. Why should we accept them in so-called "Conspiracy theories"?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor

All of the emails are on wikileaks. Heres the "playing dominos on pasta" one https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/30613

I'm aware of the loving emails, I'm asking for a non-4chan source for the pizza code. Unless you're saying my favorite podcast is in on the conspiracy too???

http://www.maximumfun.org/my-brother-my-brother-and-me/my-brother-my-brother-and-me-55-spaghettageddon

shbobdb, in your flailing, you appear to have conflated the reliability of 4chan and modern science. And still haven't answered my questions.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Please stop responding to Shbobdb he does this every loving time. I'm not sure if he's being honest or a troll but either way you're not going to get through to him.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

RagnarokAngel posted:

Please stop responding to Shbobdb he does this every loving time. I'm not sure if he's being honest or a troll but either way you're not going to get through to him.

he's being a troll

smoke something bitch is legit brain damaged though, so if you want to try your arguing against crazy people you can try both the real and fake variety itt

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Has this thread talked about Smedley Butler yet? There's a classic conspiracy if I ever saw one.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Groovelord Neato posted:

Personally I don't think confirmation bias exists, because I am more comfortable not questioning my preconceived notions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

quote:

> Mary and John
> > I think you should give notice when changing strategies which have been
> long in place. I immediately realized something was different by the shape
> of the box and I contemplated who would be sending me something in the
> square shaped box. Lo and behold, instead of pasta and wonderful sauces, it
> was a lovely, tempting assortment of cheeses, Yummy. I am awaiting the
> return of my children and grandchildren from their holiday travels so that
> we can demolish them.
> > Thank you so much. I hope you and your gang are well.
> > I miss you both
> Best wishes fro a merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
> > Herb
> > > > Ps. Do you think I’ll do better playing dominos on cheese than on pasta?

So, what do we have here? Can we translate into Pizzagater language?

Mary and John. So Podesta's wife likes loving kids as well

I think you should give notice when changing strategies which have been long in place.
We have a system for sending kids to each other via courier, you should have told us

I immediately realized something was different by the shape of the box and I contemplated who would be sending me something in the square shaped box
Normally the kidnapped kids you send us come in coffin shaped boxes, but this time it was a square box, so I thought wow who sent me this weird shaped kid

Lo and behold, instead of pasta and wonderful sauces, it was a lovely, tempting assortment of cheeses, Yummy.
Lo and behold, instead of a little boy and a selection of orgies(?, that's the code apparently), it was a group of little girls.....that came in a box....Yummy

I am awaiting the return of my children and grandchildren from their holiday travels so that we can demolish them.
I'm waiting for my children and grandchildren to come back so we can viscously gently caress them

Thank you so much. I hope you and your gang are well. I miss you both
Best wishes fro a merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Herb
Ps. Do you think I’ll do better playing dominos on cheese than on pasta?
Best wishes, Do you think I'll play dominos better on top of a little girl i'm loving or a little boy? which makes the better table?

Well that seems totally legit.

The other option is that

John Podesta, someone who regularly sends gifts of food to his friends sent them a box of cheeses instead of his usual pasta and homemade sauces. Herb thanked him for the gift and then made a joke about whether cheese would be more performance enhancing than pasta when they are playing dominoes. Which is clearly a bit of context referencing their past friendship and games of dominoes.

• Locked thread