Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Good soup! posted:

So who's ready to spice up their day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wfpXI5PKlw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

pathetic little tramp posted:

Arli-entirety of Pink Floyd's Money

every time there's a cash register sound, the bee movie plays

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Arli-entirety of Pink Floyd's Money

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Squizzle posted:

theres a bogota nj pronounced bogoata, emphasis 2nd syllable
also a medina ohio pronounced medyna

the bogota one actually follows spanish pronunciation rules in the absence of the diacritic in bogotá tho

[Ed Sheeranishly] Stopped by a Bodega in Bogota New Jersey, well it didn't ave any cornetto so all i was left wandering down the road in my stilletos~🎵

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

cyberpunk up my spice girls fam

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Al! posted:

every time there's a cash register sound, the bee movie plays

id like to revise my previous emptyquote to include this, does the motion have a second

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Lastgirl posted:

thats part of new jersey :ocelot::grin: and is part of the coastal elite squad fam

I accept the first part of that statement but "Philadelphia" and "elite" don't really belong in the same sentence

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

WSJ now picking up this story:

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/848959339364851712

Basically a massive gently caress you to the emoluments cause.

Lol, I remember hearing some old as gently caress lawyers or some poo poo from prior administrations bleating about the importance of the emoluments clause and how it's really important.

Lmao at things Mattering

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Celery Jello posted:

I accept the first part of that statement but "Philadelphia" and "elite" don't really belong in the same sentence

the philadelphia phillies phanatic is the most elite mascot or indeed individual in all of american sport

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

fits my needs posted:

lol someone called into NPR and said "Dems need to stop whining about Russians and admit their bad! I'm a democrat and..." the host cut him off.

Real life bad thread posting

i cant listen to the larry mantle npr call in show, havent been able to in years

not the reason but lol one time mantle was out sick and some dude at npr who replaced him for the day made a deal for a free car or something because he spent two hours talking to a car dealer and tossing him sofftballs like "Wow! How do you offer such competitive prices!"

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Celery Jello posted:

oh look at this educated city feller all toity n thinking his city so special compared to my super great coal town full of hard working dead americans

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

I am, that's why I'm going to Popeye's

ah yes the Popeyes Organization

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Squizzle posted:

the philadelphia phillies phanatic is the most elite mascot or indeed individual in all of american sport

...i'll allow it

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Lastgirl posted:

oh look at this educated city feller all toity n thinking his city so special compared to my super great coal town full of hard working dead americans

look, my hatred of Philadelphia is entirely based on my preference in hockey teams

namely, penguins rule and flyers drool

this is the most American Canadian way of hating something, true patriotism :usa:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

the most american of god's creatures

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/848960144444502020

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the PECO building in philly has the most elite electronic sign this side of vegas

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Celery Jello posted:

...i'll allow it

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the best mascot in all of sport

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Green Man was a better mascot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we don't have coal mining towns in TX I'm aware of, we just have dead and dying small towns where people make meth and watch high school football

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

eonwe posted:

we don't have coal mining towns in TX I'm aware of, we just have dead and dying small towns where people make meth and watch high school football

yeah, exactly, coal mining towns

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

paranoid randroid posted:

imagine having such low standards that you consider comparisons to Pittsburgh aspirational

Pittsburgh is actually very good

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Lastgirl posted:

the next us census is going to include a new ethnic category specifically for people living in the rusted out husks of long dead industry towns, "doomed-americans"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/CanadaKaz/status/848955669252263940?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Don't know who this rear end in a top hat is, suspiciously looks like the old subway chomo

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

triple sulk posted:

the best mascot in all of sport

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

fits my needs posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CanadaKaz/status/848955669252263940?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Don't know who this rear end in a top hat is, suspiciously looks like the old subway chomo

I do love ICE.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
How is Calais pronounces cal-iss. Even by the rules of English that doesn't make any sense.

Apr 7, 2003

Celery Jello posted:

look, my hatred of Philadelphia is entirely based on my preference in hockey teams

namely, penguins rule and flyers drool

this is the most American Canadian way of hating something, true patriotism :usa:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Celery Jello posted:

yeah, exactly, coal mining towns

lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Oh man! "spew" doesn't get used enough anymore and I hadn't thought about Spewey in a long time. RIP Spewey.

i loved this tv show and chris elliot in general. what was the name of it?

he wrote a purposely stupid book and it begins with him and his buddy and hes trying to put send messages to his buddy's brain. but because he always thinks about a st bernard lapping at a glass of root beer and always tells his friend this it makes the friend think of the same image, so technically his telepathy works in a roundaobut way

Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

Programmers aren't engineers. He's confused.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Citizen Tayne posted:

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Pittsburgh Penguins are going to win the Stanley Cup.

let's be friends

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

so is there any proof that Rice wanted the unmasking or is it literally just anonymous sources telling right wing media what they want to hear

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

eonwe posted:

meth is just blue coal that u can smoke and get blue lung instead of black nbd

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

fits my needs posted:

isn't going after the carefully headhunted use of foreign labor in the kind of high-skill fields we ideally want to be grooming americans to work in a lot more defensible than going after unskilled laborers who are themselves largely the victims

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

fits my needs posted:

good

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Programmers aren't engineers. He's confused.

Hehehehe

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Lastgirl posted:

Trump: Maga

Trump Voters: Maga

Boosted_C5 and The Saurus:

Me IRL at lunch when I saw this .gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 359 days!

Citizen Tayne posted:

:yeah:

I've lived in about 15 cities in my life including pittsburgh and its 2nd on the top of my list (nothing will top Hong Kong) because it has cheap livability, revitalization going on that they haven't messed with yet, good food, and the city's demographics skew pretty young

• Locked thread