Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

PaybackJack posted:

Bryan: They went ALL THE WAY with Bray Wyatt!

Dave: ....I wonder how they would book sex.

This might be one of my favourite Dave lines of all time, drat it came out of nowhere and cracked me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

bryan's response of "they'd stop at first base" was also really good. that's definitely going in the best of 2017 haha

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I think this was the first time I've heard Dave laugh that loud after Bryan suggested how Russo would book the Cena-Nikki vs Miz-Maryse match.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash
It's going to be a loving great year if the mania 33 recap show isn't the number 1 spot in the best of 2017.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Good Listener posted:

I think this was the first time I've heard Dave laugh that loud after Bryan suggested how Russo would book the Cena-Nikki vs Miz-Maryse match.

Dave stonewalls so many of Bryan's jokes that it genuinely caught me off guard when he laughed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like there's a really good chance that if Russo DID book that match, it'd involve the ladies turning on their men and getting together, because it's Russo.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

DrVenkman posted:

Dave stonewalls so many of Bryan's jokes that it genuinely caught me off guard when he laughed.

The difference is that he doesn't understand things that definitely wouldn't happen, but something exasperating that is within the realm of possibility is possibly hilarious!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress again wrong thread

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Good Listener posted:

That was a great moment. :allears: 43:54 in for those who want to hear it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostpilot posted:

That was a great moment. :allears: 43:54 in for those who want to hear it.

God that was so beautiful.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
What are the chances now Goldberg goes in the Observer Hall of Fame? Nostalgia runs deep and he drew a lot of dimes.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I hope not.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hard to say with Goldberg. Not on his ring work, but he was a bigger draw than a Benoit, Jericho or Dynamite, and they are all in.

But Sting got in after years of waiting, so who the hell knows.

I would say a wishy-washy 'no', but it wouldn't shock me if he got voted in.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think the problem is that we don't really know how many buys SS would have done with him on it. Charting based on network subscribers is tough and while he did spike ratings that doesn't mean a whole lot.

If Sting gets in, he should probably be in.

Dave had a nice burn at the end of today's observer:

[if you cut to ten minute matchs on Wrestlemania because there are too many matches]
"...The wrestlers are going to be in a bad mood about not being able to do their four star match...even though a lot of them didn't get to do a four star match even though they tried on this one." (Emphasis mine.)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

"Four star match" is Dave shorthand for "a very very good match"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

So on WOL they said that there was a brief crash in WWE stock because they didn't provide the press release to the media, so the media just uploaded last year's press release and stockholders thought there had been zero growth in the last year. :stare:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

So on WOL they said that there was a brief crash in WWE stock because they didn't provide the press release to the media, so the media just uploaded last year's press release and stockholders thought there had been zero growth in the last year. :stare:

The stockholders got worried because they kayfabe sold WWE to Donald Trump for a day.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

The stockholders got worried because they kayfabe sold WWE to Donald Trump for a day.

Seriously.

This actually legitimately happened.

Edit: Also didn't the SEC open an investigation into it or something? :cripes:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously.

This actually legitimately happened.

Edit: Also didn't the SEC open an investigation into it or something? :cripes:

well it's not like the SEC was doing a whole hell of a lot during the dubya years

*stares at the flaming wreckage of the housing market*

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Looking forward to Geek of the Week: Bray Wyatt.

holy lord lol

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I thought nobody could top Security Guard Who Thought Gronk's Run In Was a Shoot for Geek of the Week, but Bray may top it.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Vinny and Craig singing during this week's Retro review I think will make the Top 100 this year.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

cronox2 posted:

Looking forward to Geek of the Week: Bray Wyatt.

holy lord lol

Why is Bray geek of the week?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Why is Bray geek of the week?

His strategy on Smackdown's main event was to teleport like 10 feet away from the ring and then lie on the ramp like a sack of garbage watching Rowan get murdered.

I really like Bray Wyatt but it was just godawful :smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

His strategy on Smackdown's main event was to teleport like 10 feet away from the ring and then lie on the ramp like a sack of garbage watching Rowan get murdered.

Me, too. :smith: I really think he could have a been a big time heel star, but they refuse to ever let him win an important match. :smithicide:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also "NWO business, Brother!" Had me giggling in the supermarket

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Ok, yeah that sucked but it wasn't geek of the week territory...well maybe combined with Wrestlemania it was.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh god this BVC show is amazing.

WCW has definitely gotten bad enough that it's hilarious.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

algebra testes posted:

Also "NWO business, Brother!" Had me giggling in the supermarket

I also loved:

"Save that line for Tom, Bryan."
"Tom's not here you geek."
"That's.... that's why I said to save it for him...."

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

algebra testes posted:

Oh god this BVC show is amazing.

WCW has definitely gotten bad enough that it's hilarious.

yeah they're already well into the point where wcw had gone off the rails and it's just gonna get worse and worse and worse and i can't wait

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lid posted:

What are the chances now Goldberg goes in the Observer Hall of Fame? Nostalgia runs deep and he drew a lot of dimes.

After this weeks Retro Show, the odds have increased exponentially.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Has anyone here ever been on a chain gang?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
I forgot to do this. Yeah.

https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/848752454904795137

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/849816398696128512

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

This is a scoop!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dave: We were both at Walemania.
JR: ....actually, what IS Walemania?
Dave: I have no idea... but I'm there every year!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
https://twitter.com/BTSheetsPod/status/849824299724804096

35th anniversary of Lawler-Kaufman!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bryan: Noam Dar and Rich Swann are both jerks trying to get with Alicia, it's crazy
Dave: Well it's not that crazy, she's very pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dave Was Right

• Locked thread