Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I mean Mick's an interesting guy because he's clearly deeply damaged not only from his upbringing but from his run as Chronos (when they remember that).

But like, the only reason he went good this last time is because he was bored being evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

Eh, I'm a little torn on that. I like the poetry of Mick and Snart trading places morally, I just don't really buy that Mick is there. Like on some level I accept that Mick cares about his Legends shipmates... but he didn't seem to mind leaving them to their own personal hells until he got bored with being in his own where there was no thrill in stealing. I mean, Sara was murdering her friends. Mick was cool with that.

Mick's still kind of an evil guy. But that does sort of make his place on the team interesting.

Neutral evil:

A neutral evil character is typically selfish and has no qualms about turning on its allies-of-the-moment, and usually makes allies primarily to further their own goals.[9] A neutral evil character has no compunctions about harming others to get what they want, but neither will they go out of their way to cause carnage or mayhem when they see no direct benefit for themselves. Another valid interpretation of neutral evil holds up evil as an ideal, doing evil for evil's sake and trying to spread its influence.[9] Examples of the first type are an assassin who has little regard for formal laws but does not needlessly kill, a henchman who plots behind their superior's back, or a mercenary who switches sides if made a better offer. An example of the second type would be a masked killer who strikes only for the sake of causing fear and distrust in the community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alignment_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

Not exactly but he seems to kind of orbit within neutral evil and neutral IMO.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, Sara was murdering her friends. Mick was cool with that.

Murdering Felicity is an unequivocally good thing anyone should be cool with.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
In the altered reality season 4 of Arrow is the only season.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Christ, Cisco was really, really gross this episode. I didn't have too many problems with their shoehorned in relationship, but man, was that uncomfortable to watch. Not really feeling the Draco/Caitlin relationship, either, but whatever. Savitar is really looking like Future Barry, too, like everyone has said.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Sir Potato posted:

Not really feeling the Draco/Caitlin relationship, either, but whatever.

Well, good news! Killer Frost can't kiss someone without it killing them!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In hindsight that relationship feels like it was just forced to give Julian emotional motivation to try and cure Kaitlin and risk doing the Alchemy thing again. So my guess is that he manages to save Kaitlin but loses himself in the process.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The real question is who is savitar going to start dating since literally everyone else on the show has had time devoted to their relationship drama.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Space Crabs posted:

The real question is who is savitar going to start dating since literally everyone else on the show has had time devoted to their relationship drama.

HG

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Space Crabs posted:

Black Flash

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Space Crabs posted:

Barry, all he ever wanted was for the fastest man alive to notice him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Black Flash

Wally is already seeing Jessie though?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Sir Potato posted:

Christ, Cisco was really, really gross this episode. I didn't have too many problems with their shoehorned in relationship, but man, was that uncomfortable to watch. Not really feeling the Draco/Caitlin relationship, either, but whatever. Savitar is really looking like Future Barry, too, like everyone has said.

Yeah, thirsty Cisco is a very gross Cisco. Even the last time he was pressing that chick was weird as hell.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Chokes McGee posted:

Wally is already seeing Jessie though?

Knew someone would go there.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Longbaugh01 posted:

Knew someone would go there.

Hey, if no one else is picking the low hanging fruit, it's perfectly okay to take. :v:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I just caught up with the show, and I have to say, it wasn't a bad run of episodes. Really looking like Savitar is a rogue Future Barry. The musical episode was really close to perfect, it just could have used more than five songs. Wanted more of Barrowman's wonderful singing voice :allears:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

I just caught up with the show, and I have to say, it wasn't a bad run of episodes. Really looking like Savitar is a rogue Future Barry. The musical episode was really close to perfect, it just could have used more than five songs. Wanted more of Barrowman's wonderful singing voice :allears:

If they do a musical episode next year, it should be with Legends and all of them singing in character including whoever's still left in the Legion

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I would have been okay with 4 or 5 songs if they were all originals.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tree Dude posted:

I would have been okay with 4 or 5 songs if they were all originals.

They should have started the episode in media res and had so, so, so much less spoken exposition. Cut down or just plain cut out the scenes that don't take place in the virtual musical reality. Have more of the characters take part in the fantasy. Seriously, people have been asking for this episode since Flash started (if not before). They needed to go all-out on this, and it really feels to me like they half-assed it to check that box.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
I'd kinda rather they not shoehorn in more episodes just because fanbases want it because...Glee.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I want a 4 episode crossover between all the shows done entirely in song Les Miserables style.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Lord Bude posted:

I want a 4 episode crossover between all the shows done entirely in song Les Miserables style.

It'll be 5 shows next year if Black Lightning gets a series pick up (which of course it will. If they greenlight someone as batshit crazy on its head as Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning's a shoe-in).

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Aside from the Killer Frost stuff, which is dragging on somewhat painfully long, the only storyline which Caitlin has really had in the almost 3 seasons has basically been doomed romances. I doubt Tom Felton will be sticking around after this season so he's either going to turn evil, die or both. She really hasn't had any other stories developed, has she? I mean, they introduced her mother this season but it was also in the context of her Killer Frost subplot, and wasn't really developed further. Cisco has at least had a couple of short romance subplots, plus his sotryline involving Dante, and his continuing relationships with different versions of Harrison Wells, and developing his Vibe powers. I really feel like the writers are dropping the ball with Caitlin's character. I mean, at this point Jesse is probably a better developed character.

STAC Goat posted:

I think current Snart is a pretty fair representation of how he was back when he started before he made his "no bodies" deal with Barry, or did any of his family stuff, or bonded with the Legends. Original Snart was a killer, which is part of why Barry made that deal in the first place.
I think there were a couple of things which sort of redeemed Snart pre-Legends. Obviously there was the deal with Barry, but that was still somewhat in limbo. He does kind of betray Barry at the end of Season 1 too. I think the drama with his father kinda softened him somewhat also, then when Rip was asking them to join the Legends he was pretty skeptical at first about it. I think bonding with Sara in particular turned him around a bit, to the point where he was willing to remove Mick from the team for the good of the team.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I mean Mick's an interesting guy because he's clearly deeply damaged not only from his upbringing but from his run as Chronos (when they remember that).
I think both his time as Chronos plus seeing Snart sacrifice himself changed Mick a lot. I do feel a bit disappointed at his heel-turn. They are kind of touching a little bit on the fact that the rest of the team don't really trust him, but I feel like they haven't gone deep enough into it yet. I feel like that's the bridge that they need to cross to continue to justify having him on the team. If he doesn't kind of redeem himself in the rest of the team's eyes at this point, I think it'll feel a bit forced if he comes back for another Season. They've all come out and admitted that they don't trust him, so why is he even there?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

irlZaphod posted:

Aside from the Killer Frost stuff, which is dragging on somewhat painfully long, the only storyline which Caitlin has really had in the almost 3 seasons has basically been doomed romances. I doubt Tom Felton will be sticking around after this season so he's either going to turn evil, die or both. She really hasn't had any other stories developed, has she...Cisco has at least had a couple of short romance subplots...

Honestly, anything having to do with romantic relationships on this show has been bad, but focusing on Caitlin and Cisco specifically, you see how much of a dumpster fire it's been. I think this is what happens when you're somehow mandated to cram these things into a show despite it being inorganic. The only relationship on the show that so far hasn't been somehow annoying is Joe's, and even then I don't understand the necessity for it outside of "Let's give Joe a girlfriend!" and "We need more relationship stuff!"

(And yes, Arrow also suffered from this and so did LoT S1 a bit. Supergirl has also already suffered this with James, and we'll see how the Mon-El thing works out but--let me guess-he probably won't be around after this season because that's the way it goes in CW land.)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I don't mind relationship drama (although there is a LOT of it in CW shows), I just wish they'd give some characters other development outside of it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Barry had actual chemistry with the police lady but nope lmao she had to go like... study crime on her own planet

but Barry runs to the other side of the country for ice cream on a whim...

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

bring back old gbs posted:

Barry had actual chemistry with the police lady but nope lmao she had to go like... study crime on her own planet

There was always a clock on that because "ONE TRUE PAIRING." I mean gently caress, they even made the future newspaper say Iris West-Allen.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Oh I forgot Ciscos girlfriend is literally from another dimension. Just pops in whenever. No big deal. haha gently caress the Barry/Iris poo poo, its so brutal

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

Look you would too if the ice cream resulted in this reaction

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Sorry I don't know why people say Barry and Patty had chemistry. Patty was so boring and forgettable I only remember her when someone makes this point once a month. The dude above didn't remember her name.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Patty was ok but her story and departure were kind of weirdly abrupt.

I liked Barry and Felicity. :( But maybe they only really had chemistry in a "We both have unrequited love for someone, we should just settle and get together" kind of way.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It'll be 5 shows next year if Black Lightning gets a series pick up (which of course it will. If they greenlight someone as batshit crazy on its head as Legends of Tomorrow, Black Lightning's a shoe-in).

Is this really a thing? I assume the pitch includes Thunder and Lightning (maybe renamed) but where is it supposed to be?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Is this really a thing? I assume the pitch includes Thunder and Lightning (maybe renamed) but where is it supposed to be?

It certainly is. The pilot's already in production and could probably land in Legends' old Thursday timeslot. Apparently the pitch for the pilot is that Jefferson Pierce (man that's gonna get confusing if he ever meets Jax) comes out to retirement and becomes Black Lightning again after his daughters start stirring poo poo up and getting in trouble with the law by experimenting with their powers -- one's trying to become a vigilante like her father was, while the other is being courted to join a local criminal gang.

It's basically Super Hero Dad.

I assume we'll have more info on it fairly soon as the CW's supposedly going to be announcing what its Fall schedule is going to look like and its pilot pick ups in the next few weeks.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."
It almost sounds like they like Joe's character so much that they wanted to build a show around the concept of "father to kids with powers" but have the Dad have powers as well.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Black Lightning's a cool character who fits into the kind of "B-Team" nature of the Arrow-verse and has built in support team and family drama with his daughters. Plus it diversifies up your field of heroes with a character that has a bunch of topical stories to tell.

I didn't know DC/CW had already ordered a fifth show but it doesn't surprise me at all that its Black Lightning.

I mean, they made a Ray cartoon.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's a CW show, so which daughter will he secretly be in love with?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

pee out my butt posted:

It's a CW show, so which daughter will he secretly be in love with?

Both of course. There's like a CW rule about needing a triangle.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It certainly is. The pilot's already in production and could probably land in Legends' old Thursday timeslot. Apparently the pitch for the pilot is that Jefferson Pierce (man that's gonna get confusing if he ever meets Jax) comes out to retirement and becomes Black Lightning again after his daughters start stirring poo poo up and getting in trouble with the law by experimenting with their powers -- one's trying to become a vigilante like her father was, while the other is being courted to join a local criminal gang.

It's basically Super Hero Dad.

I assume we'll have more info on it fairly soon as the CW's supposedly going to be announcing what its Fall schedule is going to look like and its pilot pick ups in the next few weeks.

Hopefully they have him in the costume and goggles without the beard. Black Lightning is an interesting character, but outside of his daughters, I'd have to see his supporting cast and villains to get an idea of how good it might be. I know he was recently paired up with Blue Devil for a miniseries for some random reason

Also this makes me continue to mourn the death of Dwayne McDuffy and that we're not getting a series based on Milestone properties (like Static).

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

I liked Barry and Felicity. :( But maybe they only really had chemistry in a "We both have unrequited love for someone, we should just settle and get together" kind of way.

It's too bad they just didn't pull the loving trigger on either relationships for Felicity because it destroyed her character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

I didn't know DC/CW had already ordered a fifth show but it doesn't surprise me at all that its Black Lightning.

They ordered a pilot that Fox initially passed on. Part of me wonders if they aren't doing it as a favor to Berlanti.

• Locked thread