Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

lol its like three mile island in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I think the MODS are giant BABIES who go POOP POOP in their DIAPERS

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Please remember that there are mods and then there are admins, who are separate

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

zen death robot posted:

I'm hoping seeing the conversations Lowtax and I have help shed light on this. These are his forums first and foremost.

Ask him to post more on GBS please.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

omg how did this get here? I'm not good at computer.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Can somebody explain when this whole thing became about the stupid loving krusty meme (which I hold dear to my heart, but alas), because I thought it was about QCS concern trolls posting GBS callout threads and not getting the rules applied to them the same as the idiotic GBS posters (including myself, shamefully) who got suckered in and got hit with waves of ultra-probes and whatnot.

Most of us were sincerely under the impression that QCS was for

A) Technical bugs
B) Making fun of people who think it's for real complaints (like that anti-semetic avatar guy from last week)

But I guess it's actually for complaints?

whoflungpoop posted:

I think the MODS are giant BABIES who go POOP POOP in their DIAPERS

This but replace mods with GBS fantasy football commissioners

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hell Yeah posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Suck my drat dirty dick you hosed men

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Blue Train posted:

You've gotta be loving kidding me.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
:rolleyes:

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
How come only the GBS posters got punished, though, when the problem is bigger than that?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

How come only the GBS posters got punished, though, when the problem is bigger than that?

We like punishment, did you see the mega64 and bird thread. It's our reward for being the keynote posters of SA

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Removing and reinstating gbs did not bring about the posting renaissance that was supposed to occur, does anyone really believe that indefinitely probating or banning the most active posters that are left will usher in a new a golden age of good posting and not just drive gbs further into irrelevance?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I welcome the return of grammar and capitalization. I think this merits a return to forumsid 1

The new golden age begins now.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Train posted:

Removing and reinstating gbs did not bring about the posting renaissance that was supposed to occur, does anyone really believe that indefinitely probating or banning the most active posters that are left will usher in a new a golden age of good posting and not just drive gbs further into irrelevance?

This is a decent point imo, all the people calling for the blood of GBS posters in every QCS thread never actually post here.

Be the change you want to see in the forums :justpost:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Because we're overtly lovely whereas the other posters are insidiously lovely

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

zen death robot posted:

Lowtax hated GBS 2.0 and still is pissed it happened:

He and the admin/mod team always say this and then don't do much about it except a few rage bans. I mean this sincerely and not as mod sass: if you do little besides whine and throw bans about current culture, you're not going to foster anything other than a culture of rebellion against whiny, arbitrary moderation. A forum where everyone makes effort and uses correct grammar and no smileys or LOLs requires a majority willing to use the report button to uphold that culture. That doesn't exist in GBS, and slinging bans and permaprobes isn't going to create it.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Krusty meme is bad. Get it through your thick goonskulls

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Lowtax should probably post more about what he wants here imho.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Would be good. He did a pretty great job at stirring people up to be creative during the shmorky debacle.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
2014 GBS: Haha, man, have you guys been on Reddit? It's all stupid memes. Why don't they think of anything original to post instead of just repeating the same stupid crap?
2017 GBS: Krusty burgerdog walrus guy grillary clinton five guys sir this is an arby's drivethru

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Squashing Machine posted:

2014 GBS: Haha, man, have you guys been on Reddit? It's all stupid memes. Why don't they think of anything original to post instead of just repeating the same stupid crap?
2017 GBS: Krusty burgerdog walrus guy grillary clinton five guys sir this is an arby's drivethru

Yeah you're right, 2017 GBS is much better and less anal about literally everything

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Well...it's better than 2015.5 memes. Mission accomplished.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

sir this is an arbys drive thru

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

go figure reddit is more relevant and current than something awful

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

zen death robot posted:

Also nice ice rear end

This guy's report button is missing for some reason, so I'm posting it here: Reported for sloppy punctuation.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

The forums legitimately improve when he's actively posting, you get some sycophants posting at him trying to win forums favor or whatever, but that's not a very big deal and when he's gone off to Twitter the whole gbs culture starts to get a little carried away conflating their daddy issues with the absentee forums dad

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
I think that if you believe in there being some kind of concern troll conspiracy that is tricking the mods and admins into destroying GBS or whatever, then you're a moron, but QCS could definitely use a bit stricter moderation imo, and I can understand why some people feel like their concerns aren't being listened to.

The forums are better than they ever were over-all imo, but if you want effort posting, a more genuine atmosphere, and stuff like goon projects, then you can still find that spread across the 60 subs that SA has now. Like PYF, Ask/Tell and e/n has a bunch of that content. I don't know what the possible changes to GBS are meant to do, but I'd imagine it would be hard to roll back GBS to some former version, when a lot of content has moved to the subs.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Maybe QCS should have it so if you post in there you get an automatic 6-hour probie.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

zen death robot posted:

Also nice ice rear end

Please don't go crazy we need you safe and sane

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Saying I want it to be generally accessible isn't the same as saying I want 2013 GBS back. Indeed, that place wasn't so hot either, gotta give credit to ozma and abe and co for recognizing that something was wrong even if they didn't know how to fix it. I think GBS can be funny and appealing to newcomers without being about how "internet fat guy #37 said something racist!!". Hell I try to gas threads like that now because they're extremely boring to me, though they also seem to be resilient and attract a lot of posts. I don't want to gas something if it's only me that doesn't like it and ended up letting the recent one live.

Starting threads to post one image in the OP is annoying to me. Starting threads to post one image that you've already posted in 10 other threads is actively wasting my time. I'm totally okay with drad_bert making images and posting them but no, making new threads where the joke is "omg I made another new thread with that same image" is wasting everyone's time, especially mine. It's okay if you'd rather threads like that exist, you can even go complain about it in QCS if you want, but I'm gonna click the probate buttons if you do it over and over regardless.

Imagine, if you will, that your sense of humor never outgrew rick rolling. You still think, in 2017, that rick rolling is loving hilarious. And not as a surprise 'lol remember this haha' thing - you want to rick roll everyone, all of the time. Sweat drips down your armpits every time you click a hyperlink, desperate for Rick Astley to show up.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
I'm just glad GBS is a relatively free space topic wise, moving discussions into micro-specialized forums with their no-joking attitudes and 6 active posters was always a bad idea

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Also the forums were always full of memes, we just used to call them image macros and catchphrases. Img timeline is in this very thread, i think i used to have the "I'm a huge jackass i post img-timeline" avatar back when the taxman got annoyed with that one

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Memes are far from the worst thing about reddit.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
This might be groundbreaking, but I suspect that there is a connection between posting the same thing over and over again and autism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

Memes are far from the worst thing about reddit.

Id say the pedophilia is much worse.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I don't even think people care that much about QCS or anything other than some people ate 100k hour bans for basically nothing, where 100k hour bans should be reserved for the worst offenses. People are looking at the posts that resulted in these permaprobes and it just seems unfair. Misanthrope was clearly upset and sticking up for his friends, and wasn't being a jerk or doing anything that should have warrented the 100k hour probation. It just feels like ZDR is waving his dick around to show he can. Its just lovely to see your friends be treated unfairly, and people are unhappy about it.

Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan
I admittedly haven't looked at byob in like a decade but wouldn't a lot of the gbs posters who say lmbo and suck each other off constantly fit in there

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

zen death robot posted:

It's actually just you and I'm about to slap on some Hugo Boss and Jackboots so you can join em.

I'm trying to be civil here

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

zen death robot posted:

It's actually just you and I'm about to slap on some Hugo Boss and Jackboots so you can join em.

No, it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I admittedly haven't looked at byob in like a decade but wouldn't a lot of the gbs posters who say lmbo and suck each other off constantly fit in there

You're thinking of TFR

• Locked thread