Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mario Baseball but a franchise mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Policenaut posted:

if you want any kind of real simulation MLB you have to play it on PlayStation.

I do not.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
id really like a well done mario golf but i worry after seeing the half assed job they did with the latest mario tennis

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

HyperPuma posted:

id really like a well done mario golf but i worry after seeing the half assed job they did with the latest mario tennis

The 3ds had a good Mario Golf game

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

HyperPuma posted:

a.lo posted:

The 3ds had a good Mario Golf game

Yeah, World Tour was great. Its my most played 3DS game with over 210 hours logged. We even ran goon tournaments for months. The new Mario Sports Superstars has 4 more 9 hole courses in the same engine.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

patonthebach posted:

If its the real NBA 2k that would be good. Hopefully they make a new Mario Golf / Tennis too. Right now the only things that make me want to buy this thing is Zelda for a week or two and then Skyrim.
lol at the idea of only playing Zelda for a week

Yikes A Zombie!
Jul 18, 2003

The Bloop posted:

It's per system, but are you using the free app? Did you watch the cute as poo poo video with Bowser and Jr?

I am, it's cool.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I would pay $20-$30 for Skyrim, tops. But lol, it's gonna be another $60, isn't it, and never go on sale.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

jivjov posted:

Hey, someone was asking to see my amiibo collection?

Can you break BotW over your knee with all the item drops this could give you?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Bill Barber posted:

I've been playing hours each night since launch and I'm nowhere near done. It's a cool feeling.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

chaleski posted:

Honestly, not really. Non-zelda amiibo only give you a random shower of random cooking goods. Sure, if I had the patience, I could scan everything every day and have hundreds of Hyrule Herbs or whatever...but that's a lot of effort for not a whole lot of reward.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Bill Barber posted:

Okay maybe a month. But compared to the dozen great exclusives on PS4 and all the big EA sports game and the big online games, switch isnt selling me so far. I hope they get a few more time sink titles. I really want a switch to goof off with at work.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

patonthebach posted:

If its the real NBA 2k that would be good. Hopefully they make a new Mario Golf / Tennis too. Right now the only things that make me want to buy this thing is Zelda for a week or two and then Skyrim.

From the iconography i've seen bandied about it's NBA 2K18.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I've been playing hours each night since launch and I'm nowhere near done. It's a cool feeling.

I finished last night, took almost a full month since launch and I played at least a couple of hours (but plenty of days with many more) all but like 1 or 2 days that whole stretch. Zelda is a good game.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 4, 2017

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

patonthebach posted:

Okay maybe a month. But compared to the dozen great exclusives on PS4 and all the big EA sports game and the big online games, switch isnt selling me so far. I hope they get a few more time sink titles. I really want a switch to goof off with at work.

Mario Kart is a time sink in a good way. The quest for perfect laps never ends.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

chaleski posted:

you can break it over your knee a lot easier just running to hyrule castle in your underwear and sneak attacking all the lizards to death

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

fivegears4reverse posted:

Mario Kart is a time sink in a good way. The quest for perfect laps never ends.

I constantly play a Mario Kart until a new one comes out. They're so good.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I was going to peak that the eshop to see what else might be fun right now and it's down :v:

I unironically got BOI cause I never got it on the PC but it seems my kinda game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Dehry posted:

I really hope this isn't just coming out now that people have finished their games and are leaving it on standby for a long period of time.

The strange thing is I had played Zelda just the night before, so it wasn't just sitting there in god knows how long. Maybe it was just the game running in general for a long time? I dunno but it sucks, luckily it's only happened this once.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

a.lo posted:

I do not.

they were responding directly to someone specifically asking if the show or any other MLB game was coming to switch, theres no need to be rude.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I wish the new (old) Mario Kart wasn't the same price as it was 3 years ago haha.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SeANMcBAY posted:

2~ every night or every other, feels like a neverending story :iia:

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

LethalGeek posted:

I was going to peak that the eshop to see what else might be fun right now and it's down :v:

I unironically got BOI cause I never got it on the PC but it seems my kinda game.

i got the freakin switch today and i cant even download any games :argh:

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003

Thank you!

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

LethalGeek posted:

I'm tearing through it for the first time too! Once you get over the art and the poop it's a really engrossing game. I don't regret it at all.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
BOI 1 was insanely fun but i didnt put many hours into the second, i hope all the new DLC changes this around

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I want very badly to have Switch BOI, but I can't justify dropping $40 on a game I can already play on my laptop

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stan Taylor posted:

I wish the new (old) Mario Kart wasn't the same price as it was 3 years ago haha.

I think it's 10 bucks cheaper but yeah, it would be nice if they could, at least, give discounts to people that bought it on Wii U digitally.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

On WiiU it came with a free game too. Choice of Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or Nintendo Party

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Not a Children posted:

I want very badly to have Switch BOI, but I can't justify dropping $40 on a game I can already play on my laptop

I couldn't not. I own some version of BoI for the PC but I've put easily 3x as much hours into the 3DS and Switch versions at this point, it just doesn't feel right with the xbox controller.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Thank god for 20% discounts else I'd never pay 40 bucks for puyo puyo tetris, but 30 is fine.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Stan Taylor posted:

This has the new Battle courses and the two DLC packs from the Wii U baked in.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Thank god for 20% discounts else I'd never pay 40 bucks for puyo puyo tetris, but 30 is fine.

The thing that pushed me over the edge here, in addition to the discount, was the free keychains

Love me a tetris keychain

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Stan Taylor posted:

Isn't the old one the same price now as it was 3 years ago?

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

jivjov posted:

You're right, I'm lucky it's not $100 because it has a mode that was in literally every other entry in the series.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

Yeah, I think this justifies the $60 price, how much did MK8+DLC come to when it was all fresh?

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Stan Taylor posted:

You're right, I'm lucky it's not $100 because it has a mode that was in literally every other entry in the series.
Don't buy it then bitch.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 15 hours!

C-SPAN Caller posted:

20% of 40 is 8

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, I think this justifies the $60 price, how much did MK8+DLC come to when it was all fresh?

The DLC was like $12 or $15 for the combo. So if you price out the battle stages as if they were another DLC pack, that's like ~$20 worth of extra content over what the Wii U version launched with.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Battle mode was in vanilla MK8, it was just god awful and would have been better if it was just cut entirely. It only worked kinda it you were playing on Yoshi Valley and everyone agreed to stay in the north west part of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I feel all tingly inside whenever JivJov explains why it's ok for Nintendo to charge us more for stuff.

• Locked thread