Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

small hendren posted:

WOW Goonsquad won't be the same without your whiny rear end, I'm sure.
You're obsessively hateful about things and people who dont concern you but never manage to be funny about it

I guess what I'm saying is i could print out a ream of the dumbest krusty memes, chew them to pulp, and blow them up your butt with a straw and still not make you more GBS than you already are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

feelix posted:

What happened on March 1st to revive this dead gay site

Lowtax came back

One if those big drops is i think when they closed gbs

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Do you have any funny stories involving Radium's code you can share?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Who What Now posted:

Taking out all the good content from GBS and putting it in a niche forum is one of the reasons there are so few good threads.

This is a fair point. Blame ralp for this one

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

whoflungpoop posted:

You're obsessively hateful about things and people who dont concern you but never manage to be funny about it

I guess what I'm saying is i could print out a ream of the dumbest krusty memes, chew them to pulp, and blow them up your butt with a straw and still not make you more GBS than you already are

Ha haa :iceburn:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I apologize, I was trying to help run the site :shrug:

To be more clear, I think people should post more and laugh more, instead of bitching about other posts, that's all.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

satanic splash-back posted:

To be more clear, I think people should post more and laugh more, instead of bitching about other posts, that's all.

Be the change you want to see.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i like to laugh and have fun

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I think we should form a capitalization death squad to help enforce the new regime.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

whoflungpoop posted:

gently caress yeah I'd pay to see this kind of poo poo on gbs tv

small hendren
Jan 27, 2011

whoflungpoop posted:

Haha what a creative imagination you've got :3:

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
After the CCCC thread was deleted I stopped posting in any of the same places as the 'basement crew'. Now on the outside looking at all the lmbo posts went from just white noise to completely unberable. I dont think GBS needs anything radical done except punish whats always been against the rules, things that arent interesting funny or informative.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Isaac posted:

After the CCCC thread was deleted I stopped posting in any of the same places as the 'basement crew'. Now on the outside looking at all the lmbo posts went from just white noise to completely unberable. I dont think GBS needs anything radical done except punish whats always been against the rules, things that arent interesting funny or informative.

I read this in the voice of Morgan Freeman as he's stepping up on that chair

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Blue Train posted:

There is a potential for humor in even the worst of posts, its up to the other posters to polish that turd

I will add some thoughts here. There have been many times when someone reports an OP and a lovely thread. When I investigate, I find that the thread may have been poo poo to begin with, but other posters have saved it. This thread, right here, for example. It was reported to me, and I decided that it should stay for now. Could it go south? Easily. But it's not right now.

As far as Krusty, I will clarify once again. I did not suddenly develop a hatred for the dear, old guy and decide to probate everybody who posted a Krusty image. What happened is a couple of goons began posting the image. Over and over. In multiple threads. For no good reason.

And it was reported because it began irritating lots of goons. Contrary to popular belief, I don't spend all my time going through each thread post by post. Strangely enough, I don't even read many threads. (I'm busy taking naps, because I'm an Old Fart.) Because of this, I rely on reports. When I scan the report list and see the same name being reported multiple times by multiple people, I really pay attention. That's what happened with Krusty. So I warned some folks, and when I was ignored, I shut them down. Some people decided to protest the probations by posting the image even more, out of spite. They chose... poorly.

When someone gets creative with Krusty, I can appreciate it as much as anyone else. But I don't appreciate making GBS threads up threads, just to post the same old image for no good reason. And trying to piss off a mod is not a good reason.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
What's prescription pant?

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
My favorite threads are the amateur photoshop ones where I can express myself creatively without competing among all-stars!

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

various cheeses posted:

It's the official breakfast of GBS. Just don't choke to death on them.

Heck yes dude, they're even better raw! Hahaha snarf snack hack cough HORK HNNNGH

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Psycho Society posted:

I think that's British talk for government-subsidized diapers

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Good day.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

small hendren posted:

Haha what a creative imagination you've got :3:
:wink:

Psycho Society posted:

Come let me show you the Duluth Trading thread

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Anytime I think of a person that reports a thread because they didn't think it was funny I have a mental picture of a 40 year old man with a pony tail in business casual attire quietly seething and smashing his keyboard buttons really hard.

After the last vicious beating to the left mouse button, the hero reclines in his chair and sips upon some coffee in a mug with a picture of a mountain on it.

Also there's no tv's in this guys house. A loving nightmare of a person.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Meow We're Talking !

ra tehuti
Feb 9, 2017
Thoth is protecting
my flesh entirely
I am Ra
day every
Seer of millions of years
is my name
traveling twice
along the way of
Horus the Judge

I am the lord of eternity
I feel
I perceive
I am in the utchat in it's closing
I exist by it's strength
I come forth and I shine
I go in and I come to life
gently caress TV's

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Lowtax came back

One if those big drops is i think when they closed gbs

That's not it lol

It's some weird seasonal thing or a glitch in how Alexa ranks sites

Unless you think that lowtax is so powerful that he also have a huge boost to the gamefaqs spinoff luelinks "eti"

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
posts are subjective and everybodys mind works differently. there cant really any cut and dry rules and moderating a forum on the internet is probably difficult and infuriating. id like to thank the mods for being as transparent as possible in this thread and hope eveybody has a good day

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I cannot believe the stupid krust thread caused all this lmbo

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Enfield posted:

posts are subjective and everybodys mind works differently. there cant really any cut and dry rules and moderating a forum on the internet is probably difficult and infuriating. id like to thank the mods for being as transparent as possible in this thread and hope eveybody has a good day

Also every time you try to logically reason with a mod just stop for a second and imagine the kind of person that would voluntarily become an internet forums mod

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Enfield posted:

But you know what is cut and dry? Proper capitalization and punctuation!

We should stop making difficult and divisive editorial calls and start working on mindfulness of form. Mindfulness of content will follow naturally.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Glenn Quebec posted:

I cannot believe the stupid krust thread caused all this lmbo

Its pretty good lol.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

zen death robot posted:

I can see the real stats on Cloudflare, 1.5m unique visitors per month probably might give you an idea that the front page is hit more often than the forums are.

Has this always been the case or is this a recent development? Do the records go back far enough to check?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Dang maybe they need to pimp the forums on the feont page more

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Where's everdraed? He'd know what to do.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

zen death robot posted:

Keep in mind that's after I've blocked as much poo poo traffic as I can. So most of that is legit traffic.

What is bad traffic? Bots or something?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

scott zoloft posted:

Where's everdraed? He'd know what to do.

Twitter, probably.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Spambots, spiderbots, creepy crawlers, and brute forcers

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Is there any easy way to tell if front page visitors are posters, or vice versa? Curious how many visitors are unique to each portion of the site.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Where do people come here from?

e: Do you monitor links from other sites or anything?

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

myDad posted:

Where do people come here from?

Link from the front page or the handy Android app here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I have a hard time believing the front page attracts anyone in 2017. It must be word-of-mouth or Lets Plays.

• Locked thread