Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Testekill posted:

But how do we figure out what caused Rowe to get a concussion?

Oh I dunno, the guy that smacked him in the head might be the cause. Basically PCS can take anything from an hour to 6 hours for symptoms to show up

It's a good thing he wasn't playing in a contact sport before and after that incident where impact to the head is a common occurrence, because that would really complicate things.

Hogan should be suspended regardless because intentional contact to the head should cop a minimum of a one week suspension (not one week plead down to zero), but giving him two weeks compared to scott thompsons one based on the medical report of delayed onset concussion is loving laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
What if Rowe wasn't concussed but is actually just really stupid?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

TG-Chrono posted:

Delayed onset dipshit.

Keep digging.

I like how he's saying "OUR STAR FORWARD SHOULD BE SUSPENDED", something that will have a marked impact on that teams ability to win games and make finals, "and Carlton should probably cop a fine for breaching a rule and potentially endangering one of it's players", something that is tantamount to a slap on the wrist for one of the AFL's richest and most well supported clubs and you're choosing to get upset about the second part of that.

Pick your loving hills man.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I'm disappointed that Sloane and Lynch didn't get anything. Birchall has a broken jaw, and the contact to the head in both cases were surely reckless.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

spamman posted:

I'm disappointed that Sloane and Lynch didn't get anything. Birchall has a broken jaw, and the contact to the head in both cases were surely reckless.

I agree, I just didn't want to have the argument.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It was pretty reckless of Mitchell to run past the ball and straight at a not looking Sloane coming the other way, Birchall and Lynch was just a football incident

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Ryan Burton nominated for rising star this week :getin:

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
didn't take long

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I want to see what membership year is on those scarfs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Spedman posted:

I want to see what membership year is on those scarfs

14,15,16 of course

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bandwagoners are a good thing. Money and pressure to perform.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Bandwagoners are a good thing. Money and pressure to perform.

They may serve a useful purpose but they are in fact scum of the earth.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I didn't say one should associate with them

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
North have offered Josh Kelly 9mil over 9 years. Gosh.

Chifley
Nov 4, 2009
Does anyone know of any stats regarding goal accuracy from the point of view of the defense?

As in, is there any evidence to suggest that some defenses will cause more misses from the other team?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

realbez posted:

North have offered Josh Kelly 9mil over 9 years. Gosh.

Any bets on the first club to get ruined by a mega contract?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

That seems loving idiotic considering where they are. They need to go deep to the draft for multiple years to actually build up a talent base.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

hiddenmovement posted:

Pretty sure they've already paid out on Ablett at the Suns...

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

drunkill posted:

Pretty sure they've already paid out on Ablett at the Suns...

It really hasn't worked out for anyone. Gold Coast is hosed. Abletts reputation significantly tarnished. One coach gone and another likely. Didn't help Geelong either (Caddy and Smedts were their early picks in the compo year I think?)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Solemn Sloth posted:

It really hasn't worked out for anyone. Gold Coast is hosed. Abletts reputation significantly tarnished. One coach gone and another likely. Didn't help Geelong either (Caddy and Smedts were their early picks in the compo year I think?)

I was reading that Ablett has personally made about 10 mil in wages since the move so it could be argued it certainly worked out in way for him

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

hiddenmovement posted:

Surely it won't be the club who coughed up pick 16 for Jed fuckin Anderson last year

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

the age posted:

In the messages the former AFL player said "I'm glad I kept those photos of you for a time like this".
In further messages Cupido made disparaging comments about the woman, including "rank slut", "ice queen" and promised the photos would "go viral you crack whore" unless she paid him the money he claims to have been owed.

some shitbag lawyer posted:

Cupido's lawyer said his client should not receive a conviction as he was a gifted footballer with a career ahead of him, and he had no criminal history.

Knows how to kick a bag of air, your honor.
Is a good bloke, your honor.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

I was reading that Ablett has personally made about 10 mil in wages since the move so it could be argued it certainly worked out in way for him

Yeah this is a fair point. Financially Ablett should be set for life, especially as he doesn't seem the type to follow in his fathers footsteps. In a football sense it's all been a loving garbage fire though.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

pkid posted:

Football should be done with robots so no one has to put up with this kind of poo poo from entitled overpaid braindead fucks

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Solemn Sloth posted:

That seems loving idiotic considering where they are. They need to go deep to the draft for multiple years to actually build up a talent base.

Yeah, it makes no sense. All it does is indicate that North have no idea where their list is at. That much money while also having to trade for Kelly when they need to do a full blown rebuild is ridiculous.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
North should get AFL sanctions if they pull a stunt that dumb

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

pkid posted:

Lawyer knows his precedents, I guess.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

The Monthly posted:

AFL 2017 in names only

By Hugh Robertson, https://www.themonthly.com.au
View Original
March 31st, 2017

Names suitable for minor characters in a Charles Dickens novel
Darcy Parish, Brandan Parfitt, Harry Perryman, Harrison Wigg, Tom Ruggles

The Ks have it
Keegan Brooksby, Kristian Jaksch, Kayle Kirby, Kade Kolodjashnij

Give ’em both barrels
Jesse Glass-McCasker, Sam Petrevski-Seton, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Josh Deluca-Cardillo, Sam Powell-Pepper

The annual Jarrad census
Jarrad (4), Jarryd (3), Jarrod (5), Jared (1), Sharrod (1), Jarryn (1), Darragh (1)

The times, they are a …
Brayden (3), Braydon (1), Jayden (3), Hayden (2), Kaiden (1), Aidyn (1)

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the …
Dayne, Zaine, Blaine, Kayne, Kane, Wayne, Jamaine

*desperately immature giggle*
Mason Cox, Tyson Goldsack, Tom Doedee, Steele Sidebottom, Aaron Mullett

Yes mum?
Harry Dear, Jack Darling

Obvious aliases of superheroes
Cedric Cox, Harrison Himmelberg, Brady Grey, Tristan Tweedie, Dean Kent, Jack Steele

Footy player or make of car?
Jaeger, Suban, Hrovat, Bewick, Fiorini, Preuss, Varcoe, Strnadica

Imperatives
David Swallow, Billy Stretch, Brad Crouch, Tom Lynch, Dean Gore, Luke Shuey, Jarrod Pickett, Scott Selwood

Names suitable for the protagonist of a Banjo Paterson bush ballad
Darcy Tucker, Billy Longer, Dougal Howard, Mackenzie Willis, Jack Scrimshaw, Jack Fitzpatrick, Billy Frampton, Fletcher Roberts

Names suitable for a new housing development in Sydney’s north-west
Blake Acres, Levi Greenwood, Bradley Hill, Bailey Dale, Fergus Greene, Dean Towers, Easton Wood

Six degrees of Dawson Simpson
Jordan Dawson, Liam Dawson, Zac Dawson, Dawson Simpson, Kade Simpson, Sam Simpson

May the force be with you
Wylie Buzza, Griffin Logue, Ivan Soldo, Tarir Bayok, Cameron Zurhaar, Maverick Weller, Roarke Smith

The Orazio Fantasia perpetual trophy for best new name
Quinton Narkle

Great names to shout when they take a speccy
Matthew Uebergang, Tim Broomhead, Jarman Impey, Myles Poholke

lol

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Now that's some high quality AFL journalism!

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Periphery posted:

Now that's some high quality AFL journalism!

Robbo would be salivating (read: drooling) that someone beat him to this juicy punch!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I enjoyed it

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

gay picnic defence posted:

didn't take long

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Missing 'Piss and Poo.'

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Diet Crack posted:

Missing 'Piss and Poo.'

realistically, that could go in any of the three bins

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

It turns out Jordan Roughead actually tore his tendon in three different places and so won't be playing for the doggies until the middle of the season. Looks like Campbell is going to get an extended run as ruck

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

The Club’s women’s players will be on mandatory leave until April 17. As a general guide, the players will be available to play football at club/local level, or participate in other sports from May 31. There is some flexibility for players, including dual-sports athletes like Club Champion Erin Phillips, who will return to the US to play with WNBA team, the Dallas Wings.

The AFLW player signing and trade period will take place from May 1 – May 19.

During this period, each Club is able to sign up to 22 players, either from its 2017 primary list or players traded in from other clubs.

AFLW squads will be extended to 30 for Season 2018, which includes 27 senior-listed players and three rookies. Rookies must either be under 21 years of age on January 1, 2018, or not have played Australian Football or been part of an AFL high performance program in the three years prior to May 1, 2017.

A free agency period will follow the trade window, and any un-signed players after that point can nominate for the AFLW Draft to be held on October 18.

The pre-season is expected to start in November ahead of AFLW 2018 next January (dates TBC).

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I'll kind of glad when these bandwagoners piss off only to come back in a few years when their scarves are back to "1". Anyway I'm finally trying to add some sense to these charts. I felt it was really important to put the disclaimer on these.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

I'll fight you!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

NTRabbit posted:

The Club’s women’s players will be on mandatory leave until April 17. As a general guide, the players will be available to play football at club/local level, or participate in other sports from May 31. There is some flexibility for players, including dual-sports athletes like Club Champion Erin Phillips, who will return to the US to play with WNBA team, the Dallas Wings.

The AFLW player signing and trade period will take place from May 1 – May 19.

During this period, each Club is able to sign up to 22 players, either from its 2017 primary list or players traded in from other clubs.

AFLW squads will be extended to 30 for Season 2018, which includes 27 senior-listed players and three rookies. Rookies must either be under 21 years of age on January 1, 2018, or not have played Australian Football or been part of an AFL high performance program in the three years prior to May 1, 2017.

A free agency period will follow the trade window, and any un-signed players after that point can nominate for the AFLW Draft to be held on October 18.

The pre-season is expected to start in November ahead of AFLW 2018 next January (dates TBC).

Good news, but I hope there isn't too much trading this early in the competitions history. I mean I don't want Collingwood to chase Perkins and convince her to move back home to Melbourne and play for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

drunkill posted:

Good news, but I hope there isn't too much trading this early in the competitions history. I mean I don't want Collingwood to chase Perkins and convince her to move back home to Melbourne and play for them.

Neither do I, especially since things are clicking for her so well off field over here, her mother was saying that back in Vic she was close to being clinically depressed, between not having any friends at work, and her weight, and missing the draft, and life in general working a low paying 8-6 in Australia 2017, but since she's moved to Adelaide she's bonded with the team, gotten a lot fitter, made friends with her new coworkers at Reese, become a cult hero with the public, and is apparently happy for the first time in years. Really hope she stays on.

Haven't heard any word on whether the idea that a club can set 20 players as off limits to trade or FA ended up being an official rule too, but players can still nominate to stay within their state only.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Apr 5, 2017

• Locked thread