Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

Yall lost the most important thing in your bickering.... Tony Romo is going to die on the Cowboys bench and lol if you thought they ever would treat him with respect for his time with the team.

*shrug* there are worse things than having Romo as the backup for another year. I suspect he'll retire instead, though.

Also lol @ Eagles fans pretending to care about the Cowboys treating Romo with respect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
If Romo warms the bench he should start a podcast in his free time.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Shinjobi posted:

If Romo warms the bench he should start a podcast in his free time.

He'll have a lot of time to come up with clever instagram posts.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

He'll have a lot of time to come up with clever instagram posts.

The podcast will just be a play by play breakdown of the A11 game footage of the Broncos and Texans offense and what audibles they should have done.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm gonna miss Tony Romo. But I'm glad he's retiring. He's a nice guy and deserves his health.

Also Andy Reid is the greatest Eagles coach ever and McNabb the greatest QB and were defeated by the insidious machinations of The Nefarious Tee Oh.

Also Jim Johnson dying.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

axeil posted:

I'm gonna miss Tony Romo. But I'm glad he's retiring. He's a nice guy and deserves his health.

Also Andy Reid is the greatest Eagles coach ever and McNabb the greatest QB and were defeated by the insidious machinations of The Nefarious Tee Oh.

Also Jim Johnson dying.

Yeah the last decade has taught me that "Defensive Coordiinator" is the probably second-most important position in football.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

axeil posted:

Also Jim Johnson dying.

I think Andy would have been fine if he had stayed with McDermott through the growing pains instead of panicking. Would have gone through a little bit of a rebuild but might still be here

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I'd be happier about Romo retiring if the Cowboys didn't already have his replacement at QB. :argh:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.
Good news everyone, Dak was a flash in the pan fraud.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

axeil posted:

Also Jim Johnson dying.

Speaking of dying, I'll probably die before admitting that McNabb was a better QB than Cunningham. Because he wasn't :colbert:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Diqnol posted:

Speaking of dying, I'll probably die before admitting that McNabb was a better QB than Cunningham. Because he wasn't :colbert:

Tecmo Super Bowl convinced me that Cunningham was God and nothing and nobody can supplant him as the most amazing quarterback ever. :colbert:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

It's one of the biggest whatifs in NFL history. Put Randall with someone other than Buddy for his development and his ceiling could be anywhere.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I mean, his season with the Vikings indicates (to me at least) the man was a monster despite that.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

Diqnol posted:

I mean, his season with the Vikings indicates (to me at least) the man was a monster despite that.

The end of that playoff game against the Giants was a masterpiece.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

You're right, he wasn't.

Wentz is better than both though so that question will fade in importance because who cares who was #2 or #3?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wentz is going to wind up being Goku, and Dak will be Vegeta

Whoever the other two field will both be Yamcha, imho

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Wentz is going to wind up being Goku, and Dak will be Vegeta

Whoever the other two field will both be Yamcha, imho

Eli is already the krillin to Brady's freiza

This has been your nfce dbz fanfic hour.

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
So who are we wanting or expecting the Eagles to draft ?

I'm hearing a lot of talk of McCaffrey being high on their board, nice player and all but a bit of a reach at 14 ? Earlier in the year they didn't even expect him to go in the first round.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

El Patron posted:

So who are we wanting or expecting the Eagles to draft ?

I'm hearing a lot of talk of McCaffrey being high on their board, nice player and all but a bit of a reach at 14 ? Earlier in the year they didn't even expect him to go in the first round.

I'm guessing the McCaffrey/RB talk comes from sports radio or something?

Most of the writers I read do not think the Eagles will draft an RB in the first round. In Kempski's Q&A the other day he said he thought McCaffrey is a first round talent, but would not represent good value at pick 14. He also said he does not think Dalvin Cook, who I believe was sports radio's darling last month, will go in the first round.

But I'm not just appropriating the opinions of the better Eagles beat writers when I say I'd be shocked if they took an RB in the 1st round. It's something the Eagles have not done the entire time Lurie has owned the team. They have gotten great value from backs picked in later rounds, eg Westbrook in the 3rd round, McCoy in the 2nd. They've also gotten some questionable value from RB picks in later rounds, but that hasn't changed where they pick them.

So in a year with a deep RB class where there will be good backs available in the rounds where the Eagles traditionally take RBs and no clear Ezekiel Elliott type difference maker that they wouldn't be able to refuse if he slipped to them, I seriously doubt the Eagles are going throw the #14 pick at an RB when there will almost definitely be better BPA options available to them.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Now that I'm done with my RB rant, I think this "Eagles top 10 options in the draft" list is good: http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-top-10-options-their-first-round-pick

Personally, I'm hoping Williams or Ross will fall to the Eagles, but I won't be too upset if they end up with one of the two CBs listed at the 10th best option.

My dream 1st round pick is Brian Dawkins Jamal Adams, but that's probably not going to happen.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Apr 12, 2017

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Man, I really wish we'd either trade up for Lattimore or pick Corey Davis. Just going through all of the Wentz Every Throw In a Game videos on Youtube, man, even after the acquisition of Alshon & Torrey Smith....WR was really just the Worst so much last year. I've got more confidence than most of you do for Torrey Smith, but if we could line up Alshon Jeffrey, Corey Davis, Jordan Matthews, and Zach Ertz if Torrey didn't work out....that would just be insane.

Watch the Wentz vs. Giants game from Week 17. Dude just has his receivers CONSTANTLY disappoint him. Constantly the best player on the field at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wv8WxC9IUOM

But WR, CB, and RB are the 3 biggest holes. The Eagles offense simply ran 10x better when Ryan Matthews was on the field for the whole game last year. Problem is, that only happened a few times. People might freak out about someone like Dalvin Cook getting drafted in the 1st round (since his stock has dropped so much in talk), but that would pay dividends for this team. Thing is, we don't have to use a 1st for a RB.

The guys I'd be happy with in the first round (that has a chance of being on the draft board):

WR - Corey Davis
WR - Mike Williams
CB - Marshon Lattimore
CB - Gareon Conley
CB - Kevin King
RB - Dalvin Cook
RB - Leonard Fournette
RB - Christian McCaffrey
LB - Reuban Foster
DE - Jonathan Allen

Of course, RBs will be much more plentiful in the 2nd & 3rd rounds than other positions (Mixon, Kamara).

I could see a CB/CB/RB scenario.

89 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Apr 12, 2017

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I confused my names earlier and wrote Jonathan Allen when I meant Jamal Adams... corrected.

I didn't include Davis because I think it's a real stretch that he lasts to 14. I notice you didn't list Ross. Does the injury history scare you, or do you just not like him as a prospect?

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

NotWearingPants posted:

I confused my names earlier and wrote Jonathan Allen when I meant Jamal Adams... corrected.

I didn't include Davis because I think it's a real stretch that he lasts to 14. I notice you didn't list Ross. Does the injury history scare you, or do you just not like him as a prospect?

Nothing particularly. I wouldn't be against it. Just seems speed is his main game + an injury list as long as most 2 players put together. I just have a feeling he'll end up being Ted Ginn 2.0 or Heyward-Bey 2.0. Which ain't bad, but not 1st round good.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I predict the Eagles will win some games, but lose others. Your calls,

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

I predict the Eagles will win some games, but lose others. Your calls,

The schedule seems pretty fun. At the Seahawks Sunday night should be huge. They have the Redskins at home on a Monday. Raiders in week 15 at home on a Monday. And they finish at home against the Cowboys

If you have to have a Thursday game four days after you play on Sunday, it could be worse than at Carolina. And then comes the Monday night game against the Redskins 11 days later so it's almost like a mini-bye. Speaking of byes, week 10 is a good week for a bye. It certainly beats last season's week 4 bye.

And they gave us a warm weather travel game in December, the Rams on 12/10, which it feels like we haven't had in forever.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

I predict the Eagles will win some games

The Eagles are going to be good.

Lane Johnson starting at RT for 16 games is a huge upgrade. They have competent depth at guard and center. The improvement at wide receiver is practically immeasurable. I think Jernigan may be an upgrade over Bennie Logan, their one significant free agent loss. The linebackers and safeties are pretty much the same.

Obviously they have no cornerbacks and that's a problem, but in the end if they sign some washed-up veteran journeymen to fill the spots they will probably at least be as good as the guys they had last year.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Eagles will be 16-0, win the Super Bowl.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I believe the Cowboys defense will be so bad, that in order to win they will play for the other team during games, sabotaging them in the process.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Eagles will be 16-0, win the Super Bowl.

This guy gets it.

19-0 starts now!

Seriously having WRs not named Jordan Matthews who have actual human hands and not claws like a deformed sewage monster will be a massive improvement alone.

NotWearingPants posted:

The schedule seems pretty fun. At the Seahawks Sunday night should be huge. They have the Redskins at home on a Monday. Raiders in week 15 at home on a Monday. And they finish at home against the Cowboys

If you have to have a Thursday game four days after you play on Sunday, it could be worse than at Carolina. And then comes the Monday night game against the Redskins 11 days later so it's almost like a mini-bye. Speaking of byes, week 10 is a good week for a bye. It certainly beats last season's week 4 bye.

And they gave us a warm weather travel game in December, the Rams on 12/10, which it feels like we haven't had in forever.

Raiders game is also on Christmas on MNF and is going to be Real loving Good. Like so good I'm debating getting tickets and freezing my rear end off.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

axeil posted:

This guy gets it.

19-0 starts now!

Seriously having WRs not named Jordan Matthews who have actual human hands and not claws like a deformed sewage monster will be a massive improvement alone.

Raiders game is also on Christmas on MNF and is going to be Real loving Good. Like so good I'm debating getting tickets and freezing my rear end off.

Jordan Matthews is thoroughly mediocre, Nelson Agholor is actually useless.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Jordan Matthews will be good with not having to be the #1 WR in the offense. But, rather the WR3. Probably have the same stats (800+ yards, 5-6 TDs). But, that's a good thing for a slot receiver.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

89 posted:

Jordan Matthews will be good with not having to be the #1 WR in the offense. But, rather the WR3. Probably have the same stats (800+ yards, 5-6 TDs). But, that's a good thing for a slot receiver.

Yeah but he won't be content with being paid like a WR3 after this season so if the Eagles find a trade partner he's gone. I'm thinking a reverse-Jernigan type of deal.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I think Torrey Smith 2017 version is not going to outperform JMatt and I don't understand why people expect him to. Will be nice if they both make it a debate once the games start.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I gave up on defending Matthews after he hosed up that touchdown in Seattle by lining up wrong.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

I gave up on defending Matthews after he hosed up that touchdown in Seattle by lining up wrong.

That was Agholar

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

axeil posted:

That was Agholar

Yeah that's what I meant. Wasn't awake yet. I'm done with Agholor.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

He got two years to not be bad at football, if he wasn't a first rounder he'd be gone.

Like there are probably a ton of UDFA's who would have doubled his production.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Let's just draft Corey Davis in the first. Maybe use Jordan Matthews to trade up from our second rounder

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I think Torrey Smith 2017 version is not going to outperform JMatt and I don't understand why people expect him to. Will be nice if they both make it a debate once the games start.

While I agree that will be an interesting thing to watch, they kind of play different positions. Smith is an outside receiver and Matthews can only play slot.

I don't dislike Matthews. I'd like to keep him around as a slot receiver. But he is what he is: someone on the last year of a deal whose production will probably make him more valuable on the free agent market than he's worth, or at least more than he's worth to the Eagles. He's the new Bennie Logan. Sure, we'd love to keep him, but he's replaceable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm excited to see what Matthews can do now that he's no longer WR1.

• Locked thread