Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Cutler isn't any better than Osweiler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Whoah, an accurate redtext

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I... disagree.

But the Texans should sign Kaepernick.

Also Cutler.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My assumption is the Texans talked to Romo's agent and cheaped out on any potential deal so he said gently caress it

Ah well

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Intruder posted:

My assumption is the Texans talked to Romo's agent and cheaped out on any potential deal so he said gently caress it

Ah well

It could also be this is a negotiation tactic by Romo's camp.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I for one am glad the Texans chose not to participate in free agency waiting on the Romo unicorn

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I'm honestly a bit bummed. Romo on the Texans had so many great potential story lines and hot takes.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

I'm honestly a bit bummed. Romo on the Texans had so many great potential story lines and hot takes.

I'm pretty bummed but I still think it has a reasonable chance of happening.

And I'm somehow more stoked for Kaepernick or Cutler. Imagine Bill O' yelling at Cutler or being mad at Kaepernick because whatever thing he tries doesn't work because he's never had a QB like him.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
What are the chances that Jay Cutler wants to play for another Bill Belichick disciple, who already got into a physical altercation with one wannabe QB?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kalli posted:

I'm pretty bummed but I still think it has a reasonable chance of happening.

And I'm somehow more stoked for Kaepernick or Cutler. Imagine Bill O' yelling at Cutler or being mad at Kaepernick because whatever thing he tries doesn't work because he's never had a QB like him.

Kaepernick won't happen because of his political views.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SHOAH NUFF posted:

wrong

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

MrMidnight posted:

Kaepernick won't happen because of his political views.

Probably true, and if so, the Texans deserve to lose. Well really, any team with a QB over 25 that's significantly worse then Kaepernick deserves to.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I also kind of wonder if Romo was waffling on whether or not he wanted to retire and that's why Jerry held onto him for so long, so he wouldn't go out being cut

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Osweiler is one of the worst QBs I've seen in a playoff game, with the possible exception of Joe Webb.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Intruder posted:

I also kind of wonder if Romo was waffling on whether or not he wanted to retire and that's why Jerry held onto him for so long, so he wouldn't go out being cut

This is probably closer to the truth. A lot of the rumors of Romo having several media offers happened at right around the same time as Jerry suddenly deciding to wait on cutting Romo. The cap implications involved would have been a good reason to hold on, because his retiring should free up a lot more cap space than if you cut him. I'd have to go back and look at the numbers to be sure, because I'm still not 100% on how retirement affects the cap.

There is also the fact that historically, Jerry has always treated his football players better than most. I also am not sure I buy him worrying about the Texans being good with Romo, because he has a big enough ego to think he'll always be the best.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Praise the lord

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/849278113502703616

Nov 6, 2002

Maybe the Texans can start Phil Simms.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Texans had to bite the bullet to get rid of Phil Simms

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I'm actually glad to know this early that this team isn't going to be worth watching or giving a poo poo about this year.

Nov 6, 2002

ComposerGuy posted:

I'm actually glad to know this early that this team isn't going to be worth watching or giving a poo poo about this year.

What? If anything they should be better this season with Savage at QB. Also, they will theoretically have Clowney and Watt together. And they still play in the AFC South.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ComposerGuy posted:

:hfive:

At least I have the Rockets and Astros

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What? If anything they should be better this season with Savage at QB. Also, they will theoretically have Clowney and Watt together. And they still play in the AFC South.

Savage is in addition to being a smoke and mirrors garbage man also far more fragile than Romo ever was

He's played in what, 4 career games? And gotten season ending injuries in two of them

That's not counting his rookie year, when he went on IR in preseason

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hey guys know who knows and likes BOB's system? One Christian Hackenberg.

Makes you think.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Matt McGloin as well, and he's a free agent! :suicide:

Time to complete the shitfecta and have all of Mahomes, Kizer, Watson, Trubisky and Webb all gone by the time the Texans pick after an unexpected run on QBs

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

:hfive:

At least I have the Rockets and Astros

Savage is in addition to being a smoke and mirrors garbage man also far more fragile than Romo ever was

He's played in what, 4 career games? And gotten season ending injuries in two of them

Sounds like the Texans need to bring in another Patriots Backup Quarterback®.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Please don't let Rick Smith see this.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

What's Matt Cassel up to?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

What's Matt Cassel up to?

AFC South got him already, turns out he's a Titan, huh neat.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

Matt McGloin as well, and he's a free agent! :suicide:

Time to complete the shitfecta and have all of Mahomes, Kizer, Watson, Trubisky and Webb all gone by the time the Texans pick after an unexpected run on QBs

I want to see this draft. It would be amazing.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It would be really dumb but whatever it takes to keep the Texans drafting Peterman or Kelly or some poo poo

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
You guys are thinking of the wrong Matt. I've always wondered why no one tried to offer the Dolphins even a late-round pick for Matt Moore after he showed that he could be an average starter.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Intruder posted:

It would be really dumb but whatever it takes to keep the Texans drafting Peterman or Kelly or some poo poo

So dumb that it would be amazing.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

At least now we can re-sign everyone we need to next year

:sigh:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
What's T.J. Yates up to?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

At least now we can re-sign everyone we need to next year

:sigh:

lol like Nuk wants to ride out his career in this poo poo show

He's already seen one great Texans WR waste his career with no QB

This is more like "At least now we can franchise Nuk next year"

Intruder fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Apr 4, 2017

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

TheChirurgeon posted:

You guys are thinking of the wrong Matt. I've always wondered why no one tried to offer the Dolphins even a late-round pick for Matt Moore after he showed that he could be an average starter.

He has not interested in being a starter for the past 3 years, according to his radio stuff when Miami gave him 2/10. Everyone was surprised by both sides and he said "honestly I told Miami my wife loves our situation and my sons happy at school. I need to make X to retire happily and move on from football by a certain age, and the organization liked the insurance policy I provided with no concern that I want to take over" or something like that.

I'm a huge matt Moore fan, player and person, so I always seek out his interviews. He's made like 10-13 million after taxes and fees to be a backup and have a cool life. Plus everyone LOVES the dude.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Now just to get rid of Jim Nantz...

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Intruder posted:

I have it on good authority that Tom Savage Is Real

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

He looks like nic cage which has to be worth something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Jay Cutler on the Texans doesn't really sound that bad.

• Locked thread