Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I like Igor's Japanese voice it's somehow soothing and menacing at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can I sell all treasures or am I gonna need some for quests eventually?

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Why is this not on the PSN store for ps3

just rust
Oct 23, 2012

I fell asleep playing this last night and woke up on my couch at 2AM to the smooth jazz stylings of my anime bedroom.

This is an extremely good feature.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Beneath the Mask is very good

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
It is a really lovely, nasty stormy day in Jacksonville.

I think I'm just gonna spend the entirety of it inside with my doggo playing Persona 5. Trip report possibly following.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Sakurazuka posted:

Can I sell all treasures or am I gonna need some for quests eventually?

If it's anything like any other persona game, you only get treasures for quests once the quest itself has been activated

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
https://twitter.com/arbys/status/849275376962478082

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

To bad Arby's is literal garbage food

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's amazing how much of a weeb the twitter guy is. He did an elaborate nier thing earlier.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just got ambushed by an enemy that appeared out of nowhere and then four enemies Life Drained my MC from full health to dead without any chance to do anything, good times.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Trip report 1: why isn't this game finished downloading, why did I not start downloading it at midnight, I'm an idiot, 1 star

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
hey atlus persona 6 please

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Norns posted:

To bad Arby's is literal garbage food

its ok when you're travelling and dont want to eat burger king i guess

Moltrey posted:

hey atlus persona 6 please

sorry, poor sales of 5 means the series is dead, forever, rip

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Terror Sweat posted:

Why is this not on the PSN store for ps3

it's on the webstore

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Due to complaints about localization persona 6 will not be made.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Reset Smith posted:

Is there an English strategy guide for this game? I got the ones for P3 and P4 and they're pretty great

What the gently caress is this post? Who the gently caress buys strategy guides? It isn't 1998 anymore, dude.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Norns posted:

Due to complaints about localization persona 6 will not be made.

I'm glad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

What the gently caress is this post? Who the gently caress buys strategy guides? It isn't 1998 anymore, dude.

Books are still a thing in 2017 my man

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Mordiceius posted:

Man Amazed That Magazines And Books Still Exist, Must Be Time Traveller From Future

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm playing Persona 5 guys. The download is finished.

This is the first Persona I've ever actually been able to play, considering the PS4 was the first Playstation I bought

I'm pretty excited!

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I actually am surprised that strategy guides are still profitable enough to get made but I also don't really care

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I'm disappointed by the various screens of really poorly written lines I've seen floating around on twitter, mostly because I really had high expectations of Atlus. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game just fine, though.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm disappointed by the various screens of really poorly written lines I've seen floating around on twitter, mostly because I really had high expectations of Atlus. I'm sure I'll still enjoy the game just fine, though.

It's really funny after yakuza 0 had a great localization

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

slev posted:

I actually am surprised that strategy guides are still profitable enough to get made but I also don't really care

They tend to be seen as collectors items now so low print run and relatively expensive.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Sakurazuka posted:

They tend to be seen as collectors items now so low print run and relatively expensive.

There's always people who absolutely NEED to have an item on the shelf. Even in this generation where the physical disk is just the tutorial mission with a 20gb game download.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Not to just bust on people, but it's really funny to me how everyone I've seen bummed out about the translation, like five of y'all thugs, has not actually played the game but only seen screenshots on twitter

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Must've​ just went up. Thanks bro

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Would have gone digital and started playing by now but the CE will be waiting for me today after work.

How long until you start dungeon delving?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Deified Data posted:

Would have gone digital and started playing by now but the CE will be waiting for me today after work.

3-4 hours depending on what you mean. You get ann, the 4th character, around that time.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Moltrey posted:

Not to just bust on people, but it's really funny to me how everyone I've seen bummed out about the translation, like five of y'all thugs, has not actually played the game but only seen screenshots on twitter

I played for an hour last night and saw a lot of it in that time

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You go in to the first dungeon relatively quickly but to get the point where I could actually explore unscripted was ~6 hours for me though apparently it's more like 4 for most people.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
4 hours before you get to freely do whatever in the dungeon is about right, but the game will still hold your hand on some stuff here and there throughout it

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

I'm leaning towards "Barack Obama" for my main character's name

thoughts, thread

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

It's mostly weird because it's different. Going from goblin to baritone is quite the choice.

I got spoiled so all I will say is

(not a spoiler but Ill still use the tag)

Continue to play and you will feel vindicated

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

I played two hours last night and am just going back to the first dungeon after the "Accidentally stumbled in and awakened MC's powers" sequence and being called a piece of poo poo a bunch.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Moltrey posted:

Okay, so once my game arrives and I get to those points and see them for myself on my TV instead of on my computer screen, am I allowed to feel disappointment then? I mean I'll even acknowledge that probably 99%+ of the lines are localized just fine but I've seen enough poor examples already that "concern and disappointment" don't really seem that unreasonable to me.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

What's the MC canonical name?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

lets hang out posted:

I played for an hour last night and saw a lot of it in that time
Oh I'm sure they exist but like nearly everyone I see that's raw about it always ends it with "Haven't played it yet tho" and it's like an okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Okay, so once my game arrives and I get to those points and see them for myself on my TV instead of on my computer screen, am I allowed to feel disappointment then? I mean I'll even acknowledge that probably 99%+ of the lines are localized just fine but I've seen enough poor examples already that "concern and disappointment" don't really seem that unreasonable to me.

It's perfectly fine to be disappointed but I would recommend you look through P3 and P4 again some time if you think it didn't do the exact same thing. (And that's discounting things like both games having untranslated text.)

"These lines are translated awkwardly" is a fine statement but it's pretty worth noting that this isn't new or unusual for Atlus.