Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Mirthless posted:

This guy is living the dream of every nerd who got bullied in high school. He's got a good job in management, he's athletic with an awesome wife, and now his high school bully is a fat balding loser he has authority over. :fap:
Yeah, that was written one handed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Assuming this isn't stdh.txt:

Mirthless posted:

This guy is living the dream of every nerd who got bullied in high school. He's got a good job in management, he's athletic with an awesome wife, and now his high school bully is a fat balding loser he has authority over. :fap:

On paper it sounds good, but the reality would be less so. Now the OP has to stare at the guy's rear end in a top hat face every day at work and any "settle the score" bully revenge fantasies he'd have would result in an assault charge. Also as lovely of a kid as the bully was, the fact is as an adult he won't have a chance in hell at a new job with a direct supervisor that has a strong bias against him. I bet the OP would salivate at the thought of firing him after a couple of typical rookie mistakes.

I agree that HR is the best decision. Maybe plead his case to get former bully moved into another department.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My (24/F) date (24/M) of 2 months slept with someone else recently and I don't know what to do

quote:

We've had the exclusivity talk and he said "eventually", then, a week later I discover he slept with someone else. I found out because his scent was different and the way he touched me too. Intuition. He didn't deny it.

Now I'm lost in the abyss- I don't know what to do. We're still seeing each other and sleeping together yet it feels different, it even feels wrong.

He's not a bad guy, I fell for him for a reason. He's always been honest about what he wants and why he's not ready to commit. However, I feel somewhat betrayed even though we are not official. I understand dating is just that- dating. I just thought there was some sort of boundary. I'd be lying if I said I don't feel crushed.

Today I'm meeting him again and I think I'm putting a stop to all of this. I just don't know how to do it or if I'll have the strength to do so.

Help me reddit.

"My boyfriend won't commit to being exclusive, and I decided that was okay, but then later on he wasn't exclusive :ohdear: How could I have seen this coming?"

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ever since I[26/F] gave birth to my son[>1/M], my husband's [27/M] sister [24/F], who has chosen a childfree lifestyle, has acting way out of hand.

My husband and I have been together 8 years, married 2 years. I gave birth to our first child less than a year ago.
My husband's sister is a hardcore childfree person, she keeps saying she doesn't hate kids but she does a lot of stuff which makes it seems like she does (more on this in a bit). I want to say I don't have a problem with people being childfree, I don't want to tell other people how to live their lives, just like I don't want people to tell me how to live my own life.
The problem is, ever since my husband and I announced we were planning on having kids, and especially since our son was born, my husband's sister has been stuffing her childfree views down our throats to a point where I've started feeling like she is harassing us.
Whenever she is in the same room as any of us, she starts talking about how it is selfish to have kids (mostly environmental stuff) or about how she thinks that no one actually want kids and people just have kids out of obligation or she starts telling stories about experiences she has had with bad parents like those stories apply to all parents. There's no point in trying to argue with her or to even try and give her "my point of view" on these things or she'll immediately accuse me of trying to "convert" her.
Her attitude towards our kid has also been outright cruel/nasty and when she is called out on it, she gets mean. An example; my husband and I was visiting my husband's parents and my husband's sister suddenly showed up on a surprise visit. All of us were in the living room talking when my son started crying and I went to find out why. The moment I got back, my husband's sister said; "Oh my god, don't go to him whenever he starts crying, you're teaching him he'll get whatever he wants by crying, you raising an entitled brat ..." ect. I didn't even bother trying to talk to her about it, and my husband's mother got pretty upset about it anyway and gave her a stern talk. Later on, I found my husband's sister looking down on our son while he outside in his stroller crying, telling him; "Yeah, you just keep crying, I don't give a poo poo". I told her my son was crying because he was cold and once again she just said "No, he is crying because you are giving him attention".
Two weeks ago, my husband's family was hosting an easter dinner and most of my husband's family had shown up. A lot of people were fawning over our son, which apparently made my husband's sister upset, she went around bitching about how people shouldn't bring small children to "parties" (it was just dinner) and how my husband and I was acting entitled bringing our kid like that. A lot of people got mad at her and told her off. The next day she sent an incredibly mean text to me and my husband about how it was our fault.
I told my husband at that point that I was putting my loving foot down and that I no longer wanted any contact with his sister. I told him I would not attend another event with her present and that I would no longer talk to her. My husband agreed his sister was getting out of hand, but he also thinks I am overreacting.
I just really don't see any other way to solve this problem. I've tried being direct with her and tell her to stop, I've tried to reason with her and I've tried to ignore her. Any advice?
TL;DR My husband's sister is childfree, she doesn't like our son and is making a point out of telling me and my husband how bad people we are for having kids.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

gentle pete posted:

Ever since I[26/F] gave birth to my son[>1/M], my husband's [27/M] sister [24/F], who has chosen a childfree lifestyle, has acting way out of hand.

My husband and I have been together 8 years, married 2 years. I gave birth to our first child less than a year ago.
My husband's sister is a hardcore childfree person, she keeps saying she doesn't hate kids but she does a lot of stuff which makes it seems like she does (more on this in a bit). I want to say I don't have a problem with people being childfree, I don't want to tell other people how to live their lives, just like I don't want people to tell me how to live my own life.
The problem is, ever since my husband and I announced we were planning on having kids, and especially since our son was born, my husband's sister has been stuffing her childfree views down our throats to a point where I've started feeling like she is harassing us.
Whenever she is in the same room as any of us, she starts talking about how it is selfish to have kids (mostly environmental stuff) or about how she thinks that no one actually want kids and people just have kids out of obligation or she starts telling stories about experiences she has had with bad parents like those stories apply to all parents. There's no point in trying to argue with her or to even try and give her "my point of view" on these things or she'll immediately accuse me of trying to "convert" her.
Her attitude towards our kid has also been outright cruel/nasty and when she is called out on it, she gets mean. An example; my husband and I was visiting my husband's parents and my husband's sister suddenly showed up on a surprise visit. All of us were in the living room talking when my son started crying and I went to find out why. The moment I got back, my husband's sister said; "Oh my god, don't go to him whenever he starts crying, you're teaching him he'll get whatever he wants by crying, you raising an entitled brat ..." ect. I didn't even bother trying to talk to her about it, and my husband's mother got pretty upset about it anyway and gave her a stern talk. Later on, I found my husband's sister looking down on our son while he outside in his stroller crying, telling him; "Yeah, you just keep crying, I don't give a poo poo". I told her my son was crying because he was cold and once again she just said "No, he is crying because you are giving him attention".
Two weeks ago, my husband's family was hosting an easter dinner and most of my husband's family had shown up. A lot of people were fawning over our son, which apparently made my husband's sister upset, she went around bitching about how people shouldn't bring small children to "parties" (it was just dinner) and how my husband and I was acting entitled bringing our kid like that. A lot of people got mad at her and told her off. The next day she sent an incredibly mean text to me and my husband about how it was our fault.
I told my husband at that point that I was putting my loving foot down and that I no longer wanted any contact with his sister. I told him I would not attend another event with her present and that I would no longer talk to her. My husband agreed his sister was getting out of hand, but he also thinks I am overreacting.
I just really don't see any other way to solve this problem. I've tried being direct with her and tell her to stop, I've tried to reason with her and I've tried to ignore her. Any advice?
TL;DR My husband's sister is childfree, she doesn't like our son and is making a point out of telling me and my husband how bad people we are for having kids.

This woman is literally jealous of a baby. It sounds like she doesn't like kids because they draw attention away from her.

A lot of childfree people will moan about having a kid present at parties but it all depends what you make of it. My in laws have awesome parties and people's kids are there but they are good at keeping each other preoccupied so you can have a typical adult party without everything necessarily revolving around the kids themselves.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

La Brea Carpet posted:

Caught boyfriend [M25] in the act this morning. Extremely embarrassed. What can I [F26] do?

So I stayed the night at my boyfriend's last night and woke up this morning with the great idea of going to the bakery for breakfast. I wanted to be cute and surprise him with donuts before he woke up.

Well, I ended up leaving and coming back within 20 minutes. When I got back to his place, I went to the bedroom to wake him up and that's when I walked in on him. He had his laptop open and was masturbating to a bikini pic of me from this summer. Needless to say,
How is the next line not "we started loving".

I genuinely cannot understand this.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Some people are really embarassed about sex and masturbation. We've seen so many stories ITT from couples who, ten years into their marriage, totally melt down after suddenly discovering their partner... *gasp* Masturbates!

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Mirthless posted:

Some people are really embarassed about sex and masturbation. We've seen so many stories ITT from couples who, ten years into their marriage, totally melt down after suddenly discovering their partner... *gasp* Masturbates!

To be fair, most people aren't present when someone is masturbating before being in a relationship. So for some, it's like being in the bathroom while your partner is taking a dump; you are in the presence of an activity that is typically seen as a solitary act. Even sex positive parents will teach their kids that masturbation is a private activity.

A significant portion of these stories probably also boil down to dysfunctional relationships where the sex isn't great/not happening but the dude is jerking off all the time, which can be a sign that one partner is putting his sexual needs above the other.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The fact that he's j/oing to a swimsuit picture of her is either the cutest gross thing or the saddest gross thing I've ever heard

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Buzkashi posted:

The fact that he's j/oing to a swimsuit picture of her is either the cutest gross thing or the saddest gross thing I've ever heard

Based on how many "my boyfriend has nudes of his ex!" posts we see, not providing your boyfriend with nudes seems like a good call.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Buzkashi posted:

Depends. Is she in the Sears catalogue?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Well, that explains why the kid is hosed up pretty well.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm hoping that just like (from what I'd believe) of justnomil, parenting is full of really overblown stories written by women whose mommy blog didn't get her preferred number of hits for the month and so she's whipping up some drama. I mean, stranger things have happened than those stories though so maybe that's just my brain trying to protect itself

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Can our Landlord force us to remove our Frankenstein statue from our window

quote:

I rent a house with some friends and ever since last Halloween we've kept a large statue of Frankenstein in our back window overlooking the porch. Sometimes we change his clothes, but we've always had him in the window. The land lord has been to the house multiple times, seen Frank, and even laughed about him. But recently we've been having trouble with our neighbors and as what I can only call an act of petty revenge they called our landlord and complained about Frank in the window. This month when she came to collect the rent, she brought her husband who told us we had to move Frank out of the window. There's nothing in the lease about this. I've already ordered a cardboard cutout of Trump to put in the window in my own act of petty revenge but I want to know if our landlord can dictate how we decorate the house if it's not a permanent fixture or against the law. http://m.imgur.com/a/yZ1lw for pictures of Frank. Edit: location, Western New York. Edit: Not an April fool's joke. We have very few things that bring us joy. Frank is one of them.

quote:

Just a heads up, that's not Frankenstein. Frankenstein was the doctor who created him.

quote:

Also, why does Frank have a gun in that picture?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Man I hate petty neighbors

That's a loving dumb thing to have in your window but god drat man who cares?

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm hoping that just like (from what I'd believe) of justnomil, parenting is full of really overblown stories written by women whose mommy blog didn't get her preferred number of hits for the month and so she's whipping up some drama. I mean, stranger things have happened than those stories though so maybe that's just my brain trying to protect itself

hahaha I'd never been to justnomil until today, good lord, what a trainwreck. I hope this is all just creative fiction

She finally did it: FMIL and being "his best girl"

quote:

Hello lovely people of JustNoMIL. I've been a lurker and mostly silent for a while now, and have used your stories to help me figure out that this poo poo I've been putting up with is in fact not okay. I am a rather blunt person, but I haven't really had to stand up to my FMIL until recently.

So here's the requisite backstory: I've been with SO for two years now. He's an only child, and happens to have been a rainbow baby. He claims that his mom used to be really nice, but after a major surgery a few years ago where she heavily relied on him for support, she has changed into an incredibly selfish woman. For the first year or so of our relationship, my only problem with her was how she made my SO feel: she interrupts him constantly, doesn't have any semblance of an indoor voice, and isn't supportive of him and his accomplishments. Then once we moved in together, I learned that she frequently talks poo poo behind my back, since I have gasp tattoos and louder gasp am an atheist. I could delve much deeper into the poo poo she does that bothers me, but those are tales for another day.

So this weekend we went over to his parents' place for dinner. Normally these visits start by her saying something "Come here my baby boy!" or something equally vomit-inducing. Last time I heard her say that, I said quietly "You know he's 21, right?" Then she said to me "Come over here little girl and give me a hug!" I said "I'm 22 FMIL, not a little girl," causing some satisfying CBF. This time around, she uttered the phrase I have been dreading, but knew was bound to come up soon: "SO, come here and give your best girl a hug." So SO, bless him, came over and hugged me. As he does this, I look over at her and say "Excuse me, I believe I'm the one wearing the ring" (promise ring/engagement ring, although we just told his parents that it's a promise ring). She replied, her voice oozing with sugary condescension, "Oh he's been calling me that for forever now." "Yeah, when he was six." SO then mumbled that he actually called her that in high school (which he has told me before that he was supremely uncomfortable with). FMIL replied "Sweetie, it's not like you can be jealous of something like this." I smirk and say "Oh trust me, it's not jealousy."
So, ladies and gents, we have reached that tender moment in a MIL/DIL relationship where the claws are out. SO is fully supportive of me and defending myself against her bullshit as I see fit, so it's only gonna get worse from here. Wish me luck!

i don't know if i should be more put off by the weird incesty vibe between mom and son or how disrespectful this lady is towards her extended family, good god

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 4, 2017

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm assuming the gun, the grateful dead shirt, and the implied blunt have more to do with it than the doll.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Frankenstein was the doctor's last name so what do you think the monster that was basically his bespoke son would be called if not Frankenstein you pedantic shithead

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

purple death ray posted:

Frankenstein was the doctor's last name so what do you think the monster that was basically his bespoke son would be called if not Frankenstein you pedantic shithead

He calls himself Adam in the book.

He also hates his creator, I doubt he would want his name.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

purple death ray posted:

he would be called a Frankenstein's Son

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

purple death ray posted:

Franklin "Frank" Frankenstein

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WampaLord posted:

He calls himself Adam in the book.

He also hates his creator, I doubt he would want his name.

Adam Frankenstein then. I don't like carrying my lovely dads name around either but that's life

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

purple death ray posted:

Adam Frankenstein then. I don't like carrying my lovely dads name around either but that's life

Change your name then dumbdumb, Adam did

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
c'mon people it's 2017, Adam Frankenstein is long since dead

This is Frank Frankenstein, Adam Frankenstein's great great grandson, who is kind of a burnout and a real disappointment to the family

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm assuming the gun, the grateful dead shirt, and the implied blunt have more to do with it than the doll.

Yeah, also when you're renting and your decorations are causing problems with your neighbor then the landlord can tell you to stop. Depends on the lease terms but there's usually a clause in there about keeping the place looking nice outside and this decoration is now effecting the outer appearance of the house.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
A rare glimpse from the perspective of an overly nosy lovely neighbour

Underage drinking at my neighbours, cops not helping

quote:

This is in BC canada. I live in a mobile home park and there is a woman who owns multiple homes within the park and she has recently begun renting the one next door to me to her daughter who is 19 (so legal to drink). I want to specify that this isn't the typical trashy trailer park you see on tv. All of the homes are very new and match each other, the park itself is kept immaculate. Just making this point so its clear that it isn't normal for delinquents to frequent and for trashy illegal activities to be occurring here. Anyway, the daughter frequently has people over and they are drinking. The issue comes with the fact that some of these girls are underage. I know for a fact that the girls are underage, quite frankly you can tell just by looking at them but I've also seen them waiting for the school bus on occasion which confirmed my suspicion.

The first thing I did was talk to the mother of the girl, she's renting the house to her daughter so I thought she should know and be able to put a stop to it. She basically told me one of the underage girls was her niece and her SIL allows her kid to go there and drink, and as for the other kids they weren't her kids so it's not her business. She really didn't seem to grasp the fact that her daughter was supplying alcohol to and hosting minors in the house that she owned! She just didn't care at all
I also spoke to the landlord who didn't care. He said they weren't breaking any noise rules and weren't causing a disturbance so he couldn't be bothered to do anything about it.

I have two young kids at home I'm obviously very bothered by this. It is spring break here so it's been happening more frequently, every few days they have little get togethers where they drink or i see them loading alcohol into a car to head off to whatever illegal party they are attending.

The other night I decided to call the cops, the cops arrived and went to the door. I figured finally it would be dealt with and I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. However the cops left and told me they weren't breaking noise ordinance or obviously disturbing anyone and they weren't going to enter a private residence and ask for people's ID's. I'm appalled honestly. I've called the cops since and I get the same response.

What should my next step be? Can I file a report with the RCMP? These cops are clearly not doing their due diligence. I thought about calling CPS would that do anything? Should I report the park owner for allowing illegal activity to occur within the park? Or would it be the mother of the girl renting's responsively because she owns the home? Any advice please

"Everyone including the police have personally told me they have a million better things to do than bust some well behaved high-schoolers that haven't bothered or interacted with me in the slightest aside from existing. How can I bring justice back to this lawless town? :qq:"

quote:

They're not bothering you or causing any problems, and you seem to be making assumptions about their ages. I don't understand why this is any of your business.
Regardless, feel free to continue to call the police if you believe there is a crime being committed. The police will then investigate and take whatever action they feel is appropriate. You cannot force the police to do anything.

OP posted:

The police will not help. They seem to be annoyed with me calling so much, isn't it against the law for the police to not do anything about it?

quote:

No, it's not.

OP posted:

So if I call the police and report that a murder has occurred next door they can just choose not to do anything about? I believe you but gosh that is ridiculous, I have two young kids at home I shouldn't have to just put up with illegal activity occurring next door

:allears:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
17-18 year old girls drinking: exactly the same as murder

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't know why but I just got the urge to slap that person really hard in the loving face.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus Christ, who narcs out teens for drinking quietly and minding their own business?

Like, thank your lucky stars they don't like to party.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I don't know why but I just got the urge to slap that person really hard in the loving face.

I can't imagine the police would bother to arrest you for it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

WampaLord posted:

Jesus Christ, who narcs out teens for drinking quietly and minding their own business?

Like, thank your lucky stars they don't like to party.

Her precocious children might see other people having fun responsibly, outside their mother's hegemony and get ideas.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
I despise this person on new and exciting levels

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Panfilo posted:

Her precocious children might see other people having fun responsibly, outside their mother's hegemony and get ideas.

I genuinely feel bad for the OP's kids, they aren't going to stand a loving chance when they grow up

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Panfilo posted:

hey now, it could be a creepy dad who posted that, don't be sexist

quote:

[–]throwaway212022[S] -20 points 7 days ago
Yes. They are drinking underage. Which is ILLEGAL. Obviously I am going to feel unsafe if illegal activity is happening right next door to me.

:lol:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

purple death ray posted:

ty you're doing God's work

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Mirthless posted:

hey now, it could be a creepy dad who posted that, don't be sexist

:lol:

Nah, creepy dad leaves his kids to wrestle in poison oak while he manspreads on a lawn chair, ogling the underage girls while picking at his cavernous navel and letting his scrote dangle tastefully out the left side of his shorts.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Panfilo posted:

Based on the descriptions this is like a bunch of dumbfounded girls drinking Smirnoff Ice, watching the Canadian Bachelor, and wondering why the police are there

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

La Brea Carpet posted:

Caught boyfriend [M25] in the act this morning. Extremely embarrassed. What can I [F26] do?

Wait - he was jerking off to a picture of you?

That's a keeper.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Panfilo posted:

Nah, creepy dad leaves his kids to wrestle in poison oak while he manspreads on a lawn chair, ogling the underage girls while picking at his cavernous navel and letting his scrote dangle tastefully out the left side of his shorts.

I thought I told you to stop looking over my fence.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Underage drinking is a huge problem. Alcohol is a poison, and at a crucial stage in their development these girls are basically sticking a god drat immersion blender into their one brain. Their ONE brain. I cant even imagine what kind of criminal predispositions they're entering now, that their moral compasses are so horribly misaligned. My neighborhood recently had a string of teen rainbow parties organized by rabble-rousing bosuzoku gangs. they would use imported oriental sexpots to lure our good christian teens and preteens into their Mobile Hookah Dens for heavy petting sessions & ISIS indoctrination.
My wife called the cops the last time these rowdy bosuzoku rolled over my begonias, didn't do much since the cops are all owned by the Yakuza handlers who are the puppetmasters behind these rowdy bosuzoku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
They might start a jenkem lab