Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Tim Whatley posted:

I'm at the entrance to the line for Tower of Terror for fastpass and the FP line literally starts here. The regular line has been closed and has a 180 minute wait. The hell?

Sounds like one of the shafts was taken out of commission. That happened to me last time. Was standing in front of the library for a bit while only one elevator was operating. At least you'll get on before those suckers in Standby!

Just saw that Universal has Early Park Admission to both parks while I'm there, so there goes my plans of Harry Potter at rope drop. Hopefully the wait times at Spiderman and Hulk won't be too bad at the regular 9am open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Kilometers Davis posted:

God daaamn Frontera Cocina is so good

Reinanigans posted:

It really, really is. We ate there completely by chance because every restaurant had a 2 hour wait and their bar had 2 open seats. Everything was delicious. The jalapeņo margarita I wife got was great too.

y'all need to get to Chicago some time and take the Rick Bayless Delicious Mexican Food Tour. He's got like, 5 restaurants in Chicago and they have a place that makes their own chocolate and it's the best hot chocolate I've ever had. Plus some dopeass brunch dishes.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I'm going through a lot of life changes right now - about to finish my PhD, deciding what sort of job I want to pursue after I graduate, navigating a new romantic relationship, deciding where to live etc etc.

Several times a week I get asked "well, what do you want?" And it is very annoying because in general the answer is "I really don't know" but also the answer to every single version of that question is "I want to go to Disneyworld"

"I have an open offer from company A, and I need to sign by Wednesday... but company B will hopefully make an offer the following week"
"Well, which do you prefer?"
"I dont know"
"Well, what do you want to do with your life?"
"I want to go to Disney"

"It seems like you are uncomfortable at this party with all these undergrads. Do you want to stay or go home?"
"I'm really not sure"
"Omg, what do you want to do?"
"Can we get on a plane to Orlando?"

"Where do you want to have dinner? Anywhere is fine"
"I've always wanted to try Boma"

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Reinanigans posted:

It really, really is. We ate there completely by chance because every restaurant had a 2 hour wait and their bar had 2 open seats. Everything was delicious. The jalapeņo margarita I wife got was great too.

So far I had the Red Chile Chicken Enchiladas and the Carne Asada, both were very good. I'm a solo traveler, bar eater and love this type of food so Frontega is right up my alley.

And I'm going to repeat my appreciation of couldcareless who recommended the Boathouse. I kept passing it by until you mentioned it. This trip I had the Coriander Seared Ahi Tuna which was outrageous.

Two weeks ago I was down for a conference, this week I was down for an emergency IT thing, but next Friday I will be there on actual vacation. Looking forward to the Flower and Garden Festival and eating all the deserts. I swore off sweets for several weeks to drop a few pounds so I wouldn't feel so gross after the trip.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Come work for Disney!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

couldcareless posted:

ToT usually has fantastic throughput, I'm guessing there was a break down.

Yeah they shut the ride down a few mins later. That was fun, but we got a FP for anything as a result. Naturally, everybody ran to RnR and clogged it.

In other news, Tiffins was ridiculously amazing and I can't recommend the ROL package enough.

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
BlueBayou, it sounds like you need to get your hind end to Orlando stat.
Congratulations on the Dr. BlueBayou, PhD!

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

Anya posted:

BlueBayou, it sounds like you need to get your hind end to Orlando stat.
Congratulations on the Dr. BlueBayou, PhD!

I do sports analytics/statistics... and believe me, I am just waiting until the Magic give me a call. That will be a no-brainer :p

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Doesn't someone here make and sell custom Disney shirts?

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Haha an unintended pun then!

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

PkerUNO posted:

Yes! I go quite often so I'd be happy to offer general advice or any specific questions you have.

This year's a great time to go - the 25th anniversary just started, with 2 new castle shows, a new daytime parade, and a new nighttime spectacular. Star Tours 2 just opened too, and Hyperspace Mountain is coming in a few months as well.

Oh great, well I have a question. We are trying to decide on which day to be there, we have no constraints so we could be there during the week or the during the week-end. I was wondering if there were any downside to going from Wednesday to Friday or if we should try to be there during the week-end. My reasoning is that maybe there are more stuff to do during the week-end? If there is no upside to being there the week-end we will definitely go during the week to have less people in the park.

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Le0 posted:

Anyone ever went to Disneyland Paris? I'd love to go to WDW but being from Switzerland that would be quite the holidays. We are planning to go to Disneyland Paris instead, beginning of September and I was wondering if anyone that ever went there at tips/suggestions.

I've been a few times, last time would have been around 8-9 years ago though.

It is similar to WDW but everything is a little bit smaller, my worst thing about it was that everything was in French and not being able to speak French that was a bit of a problem :P Being from Switzerland would that even be a problem though?

I've stayed in Sequoia Lodge, Hotel Cheyenne and Hotel Santa Fey; Sequoia was lovely and the pool was great. However as everything is walk able from all hotels at Disney Paris I'm not sure I'd stay again unless there was a very special reason to upgrade from the basic hotels. With the Disney Paris hotels I don't think there's as much of an emphasis on making hotels much different than each other, there's not really a food court or hotel restaurants; they're more of a bed and breakfast and that's it.

Is "Moteurs, Action!" still open in Paris? That was the first place I saw that show and it was amazing. Unfortunately I think it's now shut in America.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Biggz posted:

I've been a few times, last time would have been around 8-9 years ago though.

It is similar to WDW but everything is a little bit smaller, my worst thing about it was that everything was in French and not being able to speak French that was a bit of a problem :P Being from Switzerland would that even be a problem though?

I've stayed in Sequoia Lodge, Hotel Cheyenne and Hotel Santa Fey; Sequoia was lovely and the pool was great. However as everything is walk able from all hotels at Disney Paris I'm not sure I'd stay again unless there was a very special reason to upgrade from the basic hotels. With the Disney Paris hotels I don't think there's as much of an emphasis on making hotels much different than each other, there's not really a food court or hotel restaurants; they're more of a bed and breakfast and that's it.

Is "Moteurs, Action!" still open in Paris? That was the first place I saw that show and it was amazing. Unfortunately I think it's now shut in America.

Yeah, Moteurs is still open. It's got some slight differences but is mostly the same show.

We had to lose it for Pixar.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

What's with the giant rear end fastpass lines lately? Everest has an 80 minute standby and the FP line is down the gift shop, with it roping and wrapping around multiple times.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Tim Whatley posted:

What's with the giant rear end fastpass lines lately? Everest has an 80 minute standby and the FP line is down the gift shop, with it roping and wrapping around multiple times.

Well, you know what happened with ToT the other day so it sounds like this is a similar issue. Has it been a problem anywhere else?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

nimper posted:

Well, you know what happened with ToT the other day so it sounds like this is a similar issue. Has it been a problem anywhere else?

Nah it was operating normally which was weird. Only other one I've seen is at Toy Story Mania but even that wasn't as bad.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Tim Whatley posted:

Nah it was operating normally which was weird. Only other one I've seen is at Toy Story Mania but even that wasn't as bad.

Huh, that is weird. I know that when I was there, the Everest FP line at the touch points was "long" (sometimes stretching out to the main path) but the FP queue itself moved pretty quick.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've seen those kinds of lines before especially at Hainted Mansion and Space Mountain. I imagine it had to do with juggling the lines.

Next to guest services and parade route person, merge point of the lines must be the worst job.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

nimper posted:

Buzz Lightyear on Thursday, we saw the fast pass line start at the bridge into Tomorrowland. I've never seen that before

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Buzz was the same way for us last week, as was Haunted Mansion. Maybe the app has been wonky with the FP+ timing windows and bunching a lot of them up for some reason?

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Looks like they're building another bus station terminal at AK. Wonder why? My guess is increased water park traffic this summer.

Also got some news on Caribbean Beach from the bartender who's been there since I was 7. She says rumor is check in is moving to where Port Royale is, restaurant will be on waterfront with bar attached. 14 month renovation, and in the meantime a legit wedding tent in the Port Royale parking lot with a buffet and a bar. Lol.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

From what I understand backups are mostly caused by confusion from a guest further up the line. I've been in a couple of those lines and still got on the ride itself really fast.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

She says rumor is ... in the meantime a legit wedding tent in the Port Royale parking lot with a buffet and a bar. Lol.

Well the email I got about the construction had this:

quote:

• Centertown, a dining location, will serve a buffet breakfast with American and Caribbean flavours and a la carte dinner offerings.
• A selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase throughout the day in three new island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.
No idea if that's just for the start of the construction or for the full 14 or however many months.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

My wife got Pandora cast preview tickets for us tonight, it's a night preview in early May :woop:

If we have extras I'll offer them up here again.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat does she get access to them before everyone else??

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

She works at AK, so I assume they do. Same with AK nights and Rivers of Light, we got to preview first before the rest of the cast members did.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Tim Whatley posted:

Looks like they're building another bus station terminal at AK. Wonder why? My guess is increased water park traffic this summer.

The AK bus stop is kinda small and is in need of a bump in size. It's probably one of the smaller bus stops without the added benefit of a separate form of transportation for some resorts (i.e. Boat or monorail at literally every other park)

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Saw the post about the preview passes and it says WDW Florida cast so no love for us Corporate folk.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Bottom Liner posted:

My wife got Pandora cast preview tickets for us tonight, it's a night preview in early May :woop:

If we have extras I'll offer them up here again.

If it's sometime between May 8th and the 12th, I'd be interested.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Something really silly event wise is getting announced tomorrow I think. A new high or low depending on your pov lol.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Empress Brosephine posted:

Something really silly event wise is getting announced tomorrow I think. A new high or low depending on your pov lol.

Oh man.

I just demolished the Sweet and Spicy Chicken Waffle at Sleepy Hollow. They need to sell even just that chicken with that sauce everywhere.

Also looks like they added a breakfast Waffle served until noon. Ham, egg, cheese, tomato, waffle.

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 4, 2017

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
We're planning to go for a day on April 22nd, a Saturday. Is Rivers of Light open? Planned to do maybe Epcot during the day, and AK at night.

Is there anything we should know about that weekend? Red flags? Any reason not to go?

PkerUNO
Dec 21, 2007

Ambitious but rubbish

Le0 posted:

Oh great, well I have a question. We are trying to decide on which day to be there, we have no constraints so we could be there during the week or the during the week-end. I was wondering if there were any downside to going from Wednesday to Friday or if we should try to be there during the week-end. My reasoning is that maybe there are more stuff to do during the week-end? If there is no upside to being there the week-end we will definitely go during the week to have less people in the park.

Luckily, for the 25th anniversary Disneyland Park is doing extended hours all year round, every day of the week - closing 10pm right now, will be 11pm in summer. This also means that shows and parades happen every day so you won't be missing out by going in the middle of the week - you should definitely encounter lower wait times if you do. The only uncertainties might be around restaurants - they sometimes close in off-peak periods, so if there's one you particularly want to dine in, it always pays to ring ahead and ask for a reservation.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Reinanigans posted:

We're planning to go for a day on April 22nd, a Saturday. Is Rivers of Light open? Planned to do maybe Epcot during the day, and AK at night.

Is there anything we should know about that weekend? Red flags? Any reason not to go?

Rivers of lights is indeed open. I recommend a fastpass for it or getting a dining package because seating is incredibly limited

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
If I got a summer savings thing in the mail with a code, is that the same as the usual summer deals they have going? Or should I pounce on this?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
In my experience, the codes tend to be equal if not better than the best standard offers.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

BlueBayou posted:

If I got a summer savings thing in the mail with a code, is that the same as the usual summer deals they have going? Or should I pounce on this?

It can be better than the current offer. I can take a look for you if you email me the details.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Guess they're waiting a day or so to announce that crazy package, odd.

Man so excited to camp at ft wilderness. Might be too impatient and go in two weeks and camp :(.

Central Florida friends; do you guys know of any roller skate rinks or golf cart places around? Or what are some other cool things you guys recommend to do that isn't Disney / Universal?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

If you like board games there are a lot of local shops that have board game nights (or at my house 15 minutes from Disney).

We have some great state parks, bike paths, and mountain bike trails in Central Florida. Really any type of outdoor activity can be enjoyed here during any season. I bike, motorcycle, grill, camp, do photography, and swim pretty much year round.

Good breweries to try if you like beer, though maybe more in Tampa than Orlando.

Rocket launches at NASA are an incredible experience everyone should witness in person.

The Keys are a good weekend trip and feel like a completely different place than the rest of Florida.

Ocala has a ton of farms that rent horses and have lots of animals you can hang out with.

Lakeland has meth and rednecks. I don't recommend going there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol sounds like my town. God Florida rednecks are the worst.

Thanks for the post though. So far we've gone to the parks or to honeymoon beach but we're gunna start branching out now so :3