Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Yusuke is voiced by Crispin Freeman and that could fool most people

The hosed up thing is you're actually right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
game arrives at noon and work beggin me to stay late b/c people cannot manage their workload, figures

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Hey, we need a Troy Baker sound-alike!"

"Will do!"

"And we need a Crispin Freeman sound-alike!"

*Matt Mercer shows up*

"Where's the other guy?"

Mercer I am the other guy

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

I think it's a bit slower than P4 but better paced in that you're getting multiple tastes of dungeon stuff rather than backending it so heavily.

I agree with this. It feels like it takes longer for the game to open up (it hasn't for me yet and I'm somewhere between 4 and 5 hours in), but it does a much better job of gradually introducing mechanics, mixing in dungeon and combat gameplay with story development and place-setting, etc. I'm not sure how I'll feel about it on a replay, but the ability to skip cutscenes and fast-forward text (I never played P4G, maybe this was in that version) will certainly be a huge deal.

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

He doesn't come to us...we go to him...BOW DOWN, SLAVE.
I'm a shapeshifter...

I been standing in LeBlanc for the last fifteen minutes listening to this drat song.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm putting this in the OP now that the game is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAjZ0mJmN9g

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's in there now

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Did they change Igor's voice actor for the dub as well? The Japanese one is weirding me the gently caress out. I mean, I know they had to recast him since the original actor died, but man, this new voice is super jarring.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Doc Morbid posted:

Did they change Igor's voice actor for the dub as well? The Japanese one is weirding me the gently caress out. I mean, I know they had to recast him since the original actor died, but man, this new voice is super jarring.

They changed the voice for the dub as well and they put a lovely filter over his voice to try and bring it closer to the JP voice and it sounds awful when the JP voice just naturally sounds deep and cool as gently caress.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Doc Morbid posted:

His dub voice is changed, yes. Way deeper.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gah, it's gonna get annoying trying to adjust between O for everything and X since they changed it for the US version.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Holy poo poo these are the worst, shittiest, gossipiest (most realistic) high school students ever

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
Just came in to say

Game.... Is.... Good

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I gotta say I don't even remember when I've hated a game character as much (as in, hated him because he was an rear end in a top hat, not because he was a bad character) as the volleyball teacher. Good job, Atlus.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Unauthorized screen shot

Mods?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/AtlusUSA/status/849329689592287233

TL/DR
Don't stream anything past 7/7 if you like your accounts.

Also, even in their attempt to say what not to spoil, they end up giving some pretty big clues. Replies to the tweet also spoil the game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I found a pretty good way to grind money once you hit level 9/10. Going back to the ground floor of the palace and all your characters should be almost killing enemies in one hit, which makes them beg for their life and cough up between 500 and 1000 yen a battle. If you warp between save rooms all the enemies can respawn and you can make loops.

Not sure how necessary it is, but everyone bitches about money being tight and this takes zero resources.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dehry posted:

TL/DR

Also, even in their attempt to say what not to spoil, they end up giving some pretty big clues. Replies to the tweet also spoil the game.

WE'RE SO HAPPY TO BRING P5 TO ALL OF YOU EXCEPT THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T BUY THE GAME gently caress OFF

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

WE'RE SO HAPPY TO BRING P5 TO ALL OF YOU EXCEPT THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T BUY THE GAME gently caress OFF

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Good luck Atlus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, you can feel whatever poor intern wrote that post going "haha, this isn't going to work at all" in every single line.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dehry posted:

Someone made a bot to reply to anyone that says "Persona" and "Spoilers" with actual spoilers.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

owns

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tae posted:

Someone made a bot to reply to anyone that says "Persona" and "Spoilers" with actual spoilers.

Give that guy a job

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

My EU version of P5 is acting really weird with Japanese voices, in that every voiced line triggers a music change, no voice overs. :eyepoop:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Dehry posted:

TL/DR

Adults are the worst.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Healbot posted:

My EU version of P5 is acting really weird with Japanese voices, in that every voiced line triggers a music change, no voice overs. :eyepoop:

Yet more evidence for the thread's thesis entitled English Dubs Rule, Japanese Dubs Drool

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Captain Baal posted:

The pact has been sealed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Raf's P5 LP got nixed because of that article, I'm dying. Fuckin nice job, Atlus.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

JT Jag posted:

The pact has been sealed.

*music wildly swings between track 3 and 23*

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Mordiceius posted:

Don't play with subs, you big loving baby. Just play the game dubbed.

People who refuse to use dubs and insist on only listening to things in the original Japanese are weirdos and should be ostracized.

This guy

is voicing this guy

so I'll play subbed, thanks.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 4, 2017

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sugita is pretty dreamy yeah

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Is the name "The Joker" related in any way at all to Persona 2? I assume no but it would make me happy because I'm one of the four people who likes P2 EP.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heath posted:

Is the name "The Joker" related in any way at all to Persona 2? I assume no but it would make me happy because I'm one of the four people who likes P2 EP.

Just a reference prob, still a cool one because Joker was also in IS so I get to feel like they give the slightest poo poo about me as well

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The game has been out for 6 months. All it takes is someone to post a paragraph about spoilers. But somehow video is bad?

Atlus is the worst.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Deified Data posted:

This guy

is voicing this guy

so I'll play subbed, thanks.

Shoji Meguro voices all the characters.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Harlock posted:

The game has been out for 6 months. All it takes is someone to post a paragraph about spoilers. But somehow video is bad?

Atlus is the worst.

No, you're not supposed to talk about the game either except in broad strokes. If Atlus is gonna thought police you, they're covering all of their bases, god dammit.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Healbot posted:

Shoji Meguro voices all the characters.

I can't wait for the DLC soundtrack remix that is just Lotus Juice doing everything a cappella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Harlock posted:

Atlus is the worst.

This ain't Atlus, this is straight up Sega talking. They do this kinda poo poo all the time.