Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
The best part of Attack of the Clones is that, near the beginning, someone says 'Maybe it was that guy who did this' and everyone else goes 'no, it couldn't be that guy' then it's totally that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
The only attack of the clones that should be discussed in this thread are the MCU films being constantly released :smug:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gatts posted:

Deadpool and ASM2 costumes best superhero costumes. Iron Man is up there but my favorite is Bleeding Edge and I want to see true Extremis nonesense on the screen. Tony's Armor interface pouring out of his marrow and bones and having a tech God link.

Kind of like Ex Machina by Vaughn but Ellis did his version

Go even further, give him the living metal symbiote armor from Axis: http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Iron_Man_Armor_Model_50

At this point he's wearing a psychic flying laser-blasting T-1000, it's completely over the top and amazing.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

ungulateman posted:

The only attack of the clones that should be discussed in this thread are the MCU films being constantly released :smug:

:fry:

Been lovin' the movie fight fights though, ya'll crazy for not realizing Raimi is the best though.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Slugworth posted:

I, sadly, read the Star Wars thread for years. If anyone's obsessed with the prequels, it's the supporters, not the detractors. That thread is in fact ground zero for this 'nerds are still obsessed with the prequels' argument, as though there would be even 10% of the discussion of them without Cnut and SMG. Again I'm not disputing the idea that people who didn't like the movies still don't, or even that some of them have silly reasons for it, but 'obsession' is such a strange argument.

'In 25,000 pages of SMG and Cnut defending the prequels, other people occasionally criticise them. Angry, obsessed nerds, just smdh'

Except it'S usually someone like Tezzor randomly making GBS threads on them that starts these derails?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'm still 16.000 posts behind in the Star Wars thread, please don't spoiler.

Instead we should talk about how SMG is right about BvS.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grendels Dad posted:

I'm still 16.000 posts behind in the Star Wars thread, please don't spoiler.

Instead we should talk about how SMG is right about BvS.

The brilliant thing is SMG doesn't even have to, and rarely does, chime in on BvS

Lots of us are willing to go to bat for that film. Maybe because of how weird some of the criticism is of it.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Given how popular the SW prequels have become (via memes) it'd be downright impossible for anyone, let alone noted superdork Peter Parker to be unfamiliar with Star Wars.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Nicole Kidman confirms she will be Aquaman's Mother Atlanna

http://ew.com/movies/2017/03/31/nicole-kidman-why-she-joined-aquaman/

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

For extra fuckery can we get and ultra white blond great old actor so everyone is gonna be like "How did Jason Mamoa come out of this?"

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Imma call her Hotlanna

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gatts posted:

For extra fuckery can we get and ultra white blond great old actor so everyone is gonna be like "How did Jason Mamoa come out of this?"

I think they already cast Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

I think they already cast Temuera Morrison as Thomas Curry.

Aquaman's gonna be as tall as his mother and as broad as his father.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gatts posted:

Super white dude playing his dad. Big buff Hawaiian dude playing the sea mailman.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Medullah posted:

Super white dude playing his dad. Big buff Hawaiian dude playing the sea mailman.

Aquaman's dad is John Redcorn.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Slugworth posted:

'In 25,000 pages of SMG and Cnut defending the prequels, other people occasionally criticise them. Angry, obsessed nerds, just smdh'

Nerdism is a specific ideology, and obsession is a specific concept.

I think the prequels are pretty good.

The nerd is my enemy.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

edit: nvm

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Nerdism is a specific ideology, and obsession is a specific concept.

I think the prequels are pretty good.

The nerd is my enemy.

You are an advanced nerd, programmed to speak smugly and condescendingly.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Aquaman's dad is John Redcorn.

"Land man, land woman, land baby. Aquaman, aquawoman, aquababy. Land man, aquawoman, aquababy. Aquaman, land woman, aquababy."

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

UmOk posted:

We're all pretty standard nerds tbh

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

This is what happens to all women after a certain age.

Congrats Kidman, you've been relegated to "some guys mom"

For the record, Kidman is younger than Robert Downey Jr .

instead we get awful actresses like that girl from Game of Thrones to play the superheroines. Like no wonder no one gives a poo poo about the female heroes

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

gently caress you, we're exceptional nerds.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Zzulu posted:

This is what happens to all women after a certain age.

Congrats Kidman, you've been relegated to "some guys mom"

For the record, Kidman is younger than Robert Downey Jr .

instead we get awful actresses like that girl from Game of Thrones to play the superheroines. Like no wonder no one gives a poo poo about the female heroes

Nicole Kidman is 49 and it would be completely reasonable for her to play some superhero's mother, though not Jason Momoa since he is 37.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

I agree. But the most nerdy are the ones who claim not to be.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

K. Waste posted:

"Land man, land woman, land baby. Aquaman, aquawoman, aquababy. Land man, aquawoman, aquababy. Aquaman, land woman, aquababy."

Ahahaha.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

UmOk posted:

A direct descendant of this Postmodernism text generator?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

That is fantastic. Thank you.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Burkion posted:

The only thing I can think of is maybe the gifs don't capture some inherit weight that the film has?

Because I've only seen Giant Man from these gifs and holy poo poo that looks terrible. He seriously looks like he's just inflated and struggling not to get swept away by the wind. You just

You don't tell an actor to act like they're giant. That's stupid and it ends up looking stupid. Now if he WAS acting unbalanced, that'd be a whole other thing, but no. He's just acting like he's filled with helium.

Watch the scene in total, it's not exactly fair to judge things by a gif. The slowness isn't the best, but there's a gleeful, almost madened powered up toddler thing that is happening when he giants up that isn't getting captured there.

I don't know about you guys, but I am loving these Civil War clips. A mecha fights a giant man, saved by a superhero robot and Spider-Man. That's just fun.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Shageletic posted:

Watch the scene in total, it's not exactly fair to judge things by a gif. The slowness isn't the best, but there's a gleeful, almost madened powered up toddler thing that is happening when he giants up that isn't getting captured there.

Cutting out Paul Rudd's voice performance definitely hurts the scene. Guy's a treasure.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Shageletic posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I am loving these Civil War clips. A mecha fights a giant man, saved by a superhero robot and Spider-Man. That's just fun.

It should be fun, certainly. The fact that it isn't is the problem

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

parallelodad posted:

Nicole Kidman is 49 and it would be completely reasonable for her to play some superhero's mother, though not Jason Momoa since he is 37.

12 years is a life time under the sea.

I forget, are aquapeople super long lived and she's actually a few hundred years old, or do they live the same length and we're just dealing with a standard "Hal Jordan is a pedophile, but it's OK because space is the ultimate international waters" situation.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She moisturizes.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNva3mNKRA

lmaooooooo daredevil wearing iron fist's mask. god drat they hosed up IF's costuming sooooooooo badly they cant even do it now

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

bring back old gbs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBNva3mNKRA

lmaooooooo daredevil wearing iron fist's mask. god drat they hosed up IF's costuming sooooooooo badly they cant even do it now

Are you being obtuse? Obviously When Murdock goes and gets his actual costume from home He's going to toss the rag to Danny and be all, "Here put this on it's better than nothing", and there you go you now have Iron Fist's mask.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
The Rumor Chain/ARG for The Defenders says the following:

- The hole from Daredevil Season 2 is a major plot point.
- Sigourney Weaver plays a gender-bent Mephisto
- There is something about a "crackpot scientist" and a "lost city" that the hand is searching for.
- Iron Fist and Luke Cage both have new costumes / outfits.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Drifter posted:

Are you being obtuse? Obviously When Murdock goes and gets his actual costume from home He's going to toss the rag to Danny and be all, "Here put this on it's better than nothing", and there you go you now have Iron Fist's mask.

except they showed that ww2 footage of a proper looking iron fist with the thingy on. how could daredevil have seen this video IF HE DOESNT HAVE EYES?? think he throws some rags at JJ and LC? Like here Jess, you have the orange, hehe Luke you can be purple, Danny you get blue, I'll take the custom fit bullet proof cowl since it's just left over.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The Rumor Chain/ARG for The Defenders says the following:

- The hole from Daredevil Season 2 is a major plot point.
- Sigourney Weaver plays a gender-bent Mephisto
- There is something about a "crackpot scientist" and a "lost city" that the hand is searching for.
- Iron Fist and Luke Cage both have new costumes / outfits.

I look forward to Iron Fist's out of place and blindingly white sneakers that he wears with the "new costume", which is just a green suit and yellow tie.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

bring back old gbs posted:

except they showed that ww2 footage of a proper looking iron fist with the thingy on. how could daredevil have seen this video IF HE DOESNT HAVE EYES?? think he throws some rags at JJ and LC? Like here Jess, you have the orange, hehe Luke you can be purple, Danny you get blue, I'll take the custom fit bullet proof cowl since it's just left over.

My issue with daredevil is that he's a blind guy that can see. It'd be like a guy with no arms that has two arms.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Gyges posted:

I look forward to Iron Fist's out of place and blindingly white sneakers that he wears with the "new costume", which is just a green suit and yellow tie.

Two episodes center around him getting access and then utilizing the company credit card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Jerk McJerkface posted:

My issue with daredevil is that he's a blind guy that can see. It'd be like a guy with no arms that has two arms.

He can't see, though. There was that time his arch-nemesis Shutterbug kidnapped the Mayor's daughter and hid her away in his Darkroom and was like "haha Daredevil don't worry, I'm sure you'll find her in time. Why, I'll even show you where she is!" and help up a photo of the location but Daredevil was like "blast you Shutterbug! Stop mocking my disability and let the girl go!"

• Locked thread