Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yeah good luck to the NHL trying to fine all the teams whatever amount of money over players leaving. Bettman is such a oval office

E: also it appears I was too hard on mcelhinney, he's doing pretty good

Other than the Caps, has anyone actually said anything about what they'd do?

I'd imagine the Flyers and Leafs who's ownership have approximately a fuckton of money riding on the Olympics not being full of scrubs wouldn't mind their guys showing up and salvaging some ratings/ad money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Canada and USA hockey won't take any NHL guys because they get NHL money themselves.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

Canada and USA hockey won't take any NHL guys because they get NHL money themselves.

That is just going to make the inevitable Russian semi-final flameout seem even more embarrassing.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Or... Hockey Russia VP says Alex Ovechkin will not play for Olympic team without NHL agreement, suggests retiring from NHL

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

well, he's suggesting joining the khl, and he's on the khl board of directors

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I would not read too much into this.
If Hockey Canada and USA Hockey both say "we won't pick NHL players", the temptation to go for gold will overcome the desire to grow the KHL again. Besides, the oligarchs probably can't afford to pay for an Ovie these days.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Bruins clinch a playoff spot

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Schlesische posted:

I would not read too much into this.
If Hockey Canada and USA Hockey both say "we won't pick NHL players", the temptation to go for gold will overcome the desire to grow the KHL again. Besides, the oligarchs probably can't afford to pay for an Ovie these days.

Oh yeah, I'm not at all concerned. I just think it's hilarious that the guy is like, "....or you could retire from the NHL!"

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I am so excited to see Boston lose to Pittsburgh or Washington in 5 games!!!

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Jamwad Hilder posted:

FIRST ROUND KNOCK OUT

CLAP CLAP
CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

:ohdear:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
This Flyers devils game is not the gong show

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
https://twitter.com/dxkelley/status/849434812893081601

loving

FIRE

HAKSTOL

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah I'm gonna need names to those numbers

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
huey, dewey, louie, mort, gord

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Nah, it's Washington, they'll take them to 7 games before losing.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
News: Coach Brucie pronounces his player's name "David Kraahhhh-chee"
Views: :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

Yeah I'm gonna need names to those numbers

Amac, Filppulla, Bellemare, Van De Velde, Colin McDonald

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kilza posted:

Nah, it's Washington, they'll take them to 7 games before losing.

That's still not settled. At this point in time, they could be in 2nd, facing tampa bay in 3rd, with ottawa in WC2 facing washington, and toronto fans on suicide watch.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Duke Chin posted:

News: Coach Brucie pronounces his player's name "David Kraahhhh-chee"
Views: :wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Like... crotchy?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

DJExile posted:

Amac, Filppulla, Bellemare, Van De Velde, Colin McDonald

Why would the flyers put their five best players on the ice that late in a tied game when they're already eliminated?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Aphrodite posted:

Like... crotchy?

Not around Marchand, he doesn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No no, he was supposed be to selling the abdomen. You have to keep the story straight.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Wonderllama posted:

:vince:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Aphrodite posted:

Like... crotchy?

Wonderllama posted:

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice. :golfclap:

Also I'm already looking forward to getting super irrationally mad at the NHL DoPS when they hand down some totally overboard length of suspension on Marchand a week or whatever after crosby does the same + worse. :v:

e: holy poo poo didn't see Pasta's stitches and eye thing tonight :ohdear:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Megna?

Oh, wrong team

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.
N: hey, an update on Thronton and Couture, let's see how things ar-

quote:

Couture spoke about his ordeal immediately following his injury, when a deflected puck knocked several teeth from his mouth in Nashville on March 25.

“Right when it happened I went to the Nashville room and their doctors and dentists did a great job trying to basically save my teeth,” he said. “They had to move a lot of them around obviously from the impact of the puck. They were all shifted in my mouth. They did a great job at that time to try and save them. 

“I went to Vanderbilt hospital, and they brought a guy in there to put what is called an arch-bar on my teeth to try and save them. …It wasn’t really a surgery, it was just kind of a procedure that they did.”

The damage to Couture’s mouth was not localized to his top or bottom teeth.

“They’re all damaged,” he said. “A lot of these teeth are going to be taken out at some point once the season is over. They’ll have to remove a lot of them from my mouth.”

“It’s basically temporary to have some teeth in my mouth. That’s pretty much it. If they took them all out now then I would be almost toothless.”

Couture’s timeframe to return wasn’t anymore specific than the one offered by DeBoer, as he hasn't skated yet. The good news is he said he hasn’t lost any weight, and he is again able to eat some solid foods, although he has to chew his back teeth only.

V: :cry:

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Powershift posted:

That's still not settled. At this point in time, they could be in 2nd, facing tampa bay in 3rd, with ottawa in WC2 facing washington, and toronto fans on suicide watch.

Why would Toronto fans be on suicide watch? It's year two of a rebuild. Leafs fans should be happy even if they don't make the playoffs (but they're likely to make the playoffs anyway).

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

corn on the cop posted:

vancouver i'd really appreciate it if you'd win some loving hockey games to give the devils some breathing room

JawKnee posted:

on the other hand, don't

And devils, you know you can get at least one point against the Flyers in two matches, c'mon now

corn on the cop posted:

you say that and i raise you two wins in the last 20 games

:bisonyes:

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

DJExile posted:

Amac, Schultz, Bellemare, Van De Velde, Colin McDonald

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Habibi posted:

he's gonna get sweet fake implants and never have to worry about cavities again!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Sam Morin actually looked pretty solid for Philadelphia tonight and did a good job to get back and stop a Taylor Hall breakaway without taking a penalty. He's shockingly fast for as huge as he is.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Powershift posted:

Toronto fans are for once not going to be too hard on the team, I think, because if this is our first year back from a rebuild we have good things to come.

Habibi posted:

Hey maybe players should wear full face protection?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, why would you protect your $50m investments with a $200 piece of plastic?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pittsburgh/CBJ in the first round is going to be a battle of a team with a Vezina goalie and strong defense stuck on a quota of 1-2 goals per game but has given up an ungodly number of bizarre/unlucky goals of late against one which can't stay healthy but still has the embarassment of riches in Crosby, Kessel, probably Malkin, and Murray on the ice.

From my side, all I can say is I hope the old man gets that scoring thing fixed or this is gonna be a real short trip OK HIT IT!

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Kenneth Holland is a very bad general manager. I strongly believe he should no longer be the Detroit Red Wings GM.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

during the last game at the joe they should do a tribute to the best moments people had being stuck on the concourse at the end of a wings game.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Habibi posted:

He's remarkably chill about having most of his teeth displaced.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

apophenium posted:

He's remarkably chill about having most of his teeth displaced.

Hockey player

Guys don't bother getting dental work done until they retire because what's the point. They wear flippers or dentures.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Toronto fans are for once not going to be too hard on the team, I think, because if this is our first year back from a rebuild we have good things to come.

Hey maybe players should wear full face protection?

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh, why would you protect your $50m investments with a $200 piece of plastic?

Isn't full face protection, by rule, only for guys with an injury and they have to get rid of it when they are better

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ElwoodCuse posted:

Isn't full face protection, by rule, only for guys with an injury and they have to get rid of it when they are better

yeah you can't go full face unless you've got like a busted jaw or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

JawKnee posted:

he's gonna get sweet fake implants and never have to worry about cavities again!

Yeah, buddy! That's uh...the uh...ticket.

• Locked thread