Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

GLOSS posted:

I love the fact that Radcliffe made Fitz King poo poo in the Framework, good to see he still had a soft spot for him...

I honestly don't think Radcliffe had anything to do with any of this.

It's all Aida. The question is why

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

She's hiding Simmons from him. Haha, so evil.

I'm all aboard the heroic Ward train.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Wait gently caress the episode's over???? That flew by!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

YEAH

aww

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Coulson remembers!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aw man, I went from :neckbeard: to :smith: with that tribute to Bill Paxton.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

The slow dawning of realization on Coulson's face was great. Is it next Tuesday yet?

EDIT: Haha, Clark Gregg retweeted someone pointing out that Chloe Bennett does the "We'll return in a moment" line since she's an Agent of HYDRA and he's not. That's a good detail.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 5, 2017

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So apparently Fitz being around his father more makes him completely evil.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

So apparently Fitz being around his father more makes him completely evil.

Also taking Simmons away from him.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

Also taking Simmons away from him.

To be honest keeping Simmons away from him is the trick. That's why AIDA wanted to make sure he wasn't involved in the search. Finding her would immediately ruin things.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

Poor May. She had her biggest regret undone and it ended up making everything worse. And it's extra twisted since it plays right into Aida's plan, since it was pointed out the best way to keep her pacified is with a constant struggle.

Edit: I honestly think the reasoning behind Aida keeping Fitz away from Simmons to preserve the Framework is secondary to her wanting Fitz all to herself.

PunkBoy fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 5, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Daisy does remember this is a fake world, right? Disappointed they didn't avoid that trope. Stop being so terrible at pretending to be your Hydra persona. What did they teach you at SHIELD spy school?

Best thing about the episode was that dope rear end hydra statue in the lobby.

howe_sam posted:

Aida's got the hots for Fitz

Don't gently caress the robot Fitz

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Best thing about the episode was that dope rear end hydra statue in the lobby.

That thing was badass I want it

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

I really wish I'd recorded the episode. So many news clippings to check out...

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Yakmouth posted:

I really wish I'd recorded the episode. So many news clippings to check out...

http://imgur.com/a/Mp6ou seems to have a decent number of things, but probably not all of them.

Fneeb
Feb 13, 2012

Zebulon posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Mp6ou seems to have a decent number of things, but probably not all of them.

Poor Raina... :( Pretty impressive detail though!

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Very cool, thanks!

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Daisy does remember this is a fake world, right?

I'm wondering whether it's truly fake. It was 'created' by the Darkhold, right? Maybe it's not so much fake as using the computer tech to access a parallel universe. Also, the whole "if you die here, you die in the real world" plot point feels like artificial tension, especially when they made it clear that it wasn't the case in the previous simulations that May had been encountering (when we saw her beating Aida, she was told something like "this is the furthest you've come.") If it were actually transferring minds to an actual parallel world, the concept feels more alien and thus I'm more willing to buy the contrivance.

Then again, maybe the simulation is just so complex that it overloads your nano-brain-magic or whatever. It is a comic book, after all.

Also it occurs to me that the 'leave' device they have (which doesn't work) was probably just code. And if they were in a real but parallel dimension then it doesn't explain why Simmons got a new body (albeit with old clothes with bullet holes.) So never mind, I guess.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's VR, totally different.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

ashpanash posted:

I'm wondering whether it's truly fake. It was 'created' by the Darkhold, right? Maybe it's not so much fake as using the computer tech to access a parallel universe. Also, the whole "if you die here, you die in the real world" plot point feels like artificial tension, especially when they made it clear that it wasn't the case in the previous simulations that May had been encountering (when we saw her beating Aida, she was told something like "this is the furthest you've come.") If it were actually transferring minds to an actual parallel world, the concept feels more alien and thus I'm more willing to buy the contrivance.

Then again, maybe the simulation is just so complex that it overloads your nano-brain-magic or whatever. It is a comic book, after all.

Also it occurs to me that the 'leave' device they have (which doesn't work) was probably just code. And if they were in a real but parallel dimension then it doesn't explain why Simmons got a new body (albeit with old clothes with bullet holes.) So never mind, I guess.

We probably shouldn't think about how the framework functions too hard or it just won't make any sense as to why Aida doesn't catch / kill them instantly.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can't believe how much Simmons is my favorite character now.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Simmons has owned for a very long time now.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
That was great, Simmons was great, and I like that getting them back wasn't a matter of a single "remember who you are speech" but the culmination of two big emotional outreaches, a callback to TAHITI, and a lot of introspection on Phil's part. It always feels so forced when the solution is a really short speech consisting of nothing but "remember who you are" (possibly as they punch one another) with no indication that the brainwashing is even close to breaking. I hope it takes a similar amount of effort to get each of the rest back.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Argue posted:

"remember who you are" (possibly as they punch one another)

I did like that episode of Lost where Desmond drives over Locke in his car, and then beats memories into Ben's face with his fists.

But subtle emotional stuff like this is good too.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I think that ship has sailed long ago.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Missed the episode because my brother really wanted to finish Dangaronpa 2 (which is appropriate I guess) just finished it and man I love this show; then again I always love a good mirrorverse story. :allears:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'm wondering what the status of other MCU stuff is in the Framework. May's business in Bahrain happened before Iron Man, right? So something here happened to make Tony never become him, I imagine. HYDRA would likely keep Cap on ice or just never dig him up. A focus on Inhuman prejudice would likely keep them from experimenting on the Maximovs. Bruce would probably still be a fugitive because Incredible Hulk implied he'd been that way for a while.

Have no idea where the Asgardians fit in.

That said this app relies on Aida not just making it so the Avengers don't exist in the Framework.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'm wondering what the status of other MCU stuff is in the Framework. May's business in Bahrain happened before Iron Man, right? So something here happened to make Tony never become him, I imagine. HYDRA would likely keep Cap on ice or just never dig him up. A focus on Inhuman prejudice would likely keep them from experimenting on the Maximovs. Bruce would probably still be a fugitive because Incredible Hulk implied he'd been that way for a while.

That said this app relies on Aida not just making it so the Avengers don't exist in the Framework.

I'm guessing that Aida couldn't include stuff she doesn't know about or doesn't understand so none of the Infinity Gems are represented in the Framework, so a whole bunch of the MCU storyline just wouldn't have happened in this version of the Earth. The fallout from May's Bahrain mission seems to be the biggest event in recent history.

Although it would be pretty great if the show runners told the writers "gently caress it, everything's on the table, just change the names slightly and go hog wild."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Why wouldn't she know about it? All of that stuff was huge events that SHIELD either knew about or were involved in.

VBane
Oct 31, 2011
What I enjoy is that, yeah, Ward is working against Hydra, but not out of any morals or ethics, but because he found out Daisy is inhuman and knew what Hydra would do to her eventually when it came out. No matter what reality, Ward will betray the group out of devotion to an individual.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

I figure that without Coulson joining SHIELD, as seems to be the case here, no one as charismatic and capable as him went and rounded up the Avengers. Even if they did, without him dying there was no single big, emotionally impactful moment to get them all to actually cooperate. To be honest so far my assumption is that the coup in The Winter Soldier still happened, but after the Cambridge incident public support is on their side and they actually win.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It's a variant of the old Serpent Crown storyline or one of the Red Skull's Cosmic Cube plots. Neither of which I would have ever expected on television.

Dracorion
Jul 23, 2013
They did mention an Incident in the show (I think Coulson mentions it to his class). So the Chitauri invasion could have happened, unless Coulson was referring to Cambridge.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
The Cambridge incident involved the inhuman girl May saved in the framework, presumably now a teenager or young adult, somehow causing the death of almost 300 people. It was a what allow Hydra to come out in the open and persecute inhumans with the support of the world.

I also don't think 'AIDA wouldn't know about it' hold water as an excuse for anything being absent in the framework. It was made using the Darkhold aka literal magic, so anything goes. (Also, the show made a big deal of the change to May's 'one regret' being a big part of how the framework world developed differently from the real world, so it'd feel cheap if other aspects of the real world that would be affected are just handwaved away as never having existed in the framework in the first place.)

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Daisy does remember this is a fake world, right? Disappointed they didn't avoid that trope. Stop being so terrible at pretending to be your Hydra persona. What did they teach you at SHIELD spy school?

To be fair to little miss quake, I think ward had her shook as gently caress. That's some PTSD right there.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

What happened to Raina? Did one of the articles mention her?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

What happened to Raina? Did one of the articles mention her?

Yes, Radcliffe publicly de-powered her as part of an experiment.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I heard Cambridge Incident and for a second thought "Holy gently caress did they just do a Logan reference??" before logic kicked in

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes, Radcliffe publicly de-powered her as part of an experiment.

Dissected and de-powered. Pretty much "and if you reach in and poke this part of the brain they go back to normal".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I like how that article starts out "The world's greatest mind..."

• Locked thread