Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
there's so much weirdness in and around this fillibuster that its hard to call it the end of the senate.

blowing up the legislative fillibuster and getting rid of all of the forced amounts of time for debate would change the senate

but the senate is basically the senate because people are there for loving ever even if they only serve one term

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

quote:

“In my more than 20 years at Fox News Channel, no one has ever filed a complaint about me with the Human Resources Department, even on the anonymous hotline."

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
The Private Man died for your swipe rights

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

that said you have the cra, reconciliation, and the removal of the 60 vote threshold for all nominees

the senate is still a cantankerous pile of shits who get angry when things move at any speed other than glacial

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

there are other ways to get privelaged motions too, i just can't remember all of them because who the gently caress knows all that

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

CortezFantastic posted:

maga chuds would be downright gleefully if anything bad happened to liberals or lefties but yet we are supposed to feel empathetic to pronounced pieces of poo poo, ok

Coddling these stupid cretims after every time they gently caress themselves up is what separates man from beast you see, we stop advancing as a species when we stop twisting the world to the whims of what's basically a purpose built self-destructing automaton.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Senator lady from HI who said that Gorsuch met all qualifications, but she's still voting no, because she's not an idiot. She did say though that the Senate should be a consensus body, which is lol as gently caress considering how on the verge of being pointless it is.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

CortezFantastic posted:

maga chuds would be downright gleefully if anything bad happened to liberals or lefties but yet we are supposed to feel empathetic to pronounced pieces of poo poo, ok
I'm not gleeful the dude died, but I've met a lot of people in my life who did not vote for this insanity, who will be hurt by it. I feel like at the very least, there's a sliver of hope that when MAGA-cucks are hurt directly by Donny, they might come to their senses. Might.

Also, it was funny.

Schnorkles posted:

there's so much weirdness in and around this fillibuster that its hard to call it the end of the senate.

blowing up the legislative fillibuster and getting rid of all of the forced amounts of time for debate would change the senate

but the senate is basically the senate because people are there for loving ever even if they only serve one term
Regardless of what this is or isn't, I like McCain loudly proclaiming (yet again) that this is "real bad, you guys!" and then immediately doing the real bad thing.

"Gosh, I don't think we should shoot ourselves in the dick but I'm going to do it anyway because I've pledged my support to the party that spread secret black baby rumors about me."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nonsense posted:

The Senator lady from HI who said that Gorsuch met all qualifications, but she's still voting no, because she's not an idiot. She did say though that the Senate should be a consensus body, which is lol as gently caress considering how on the verge of being pointless it is.

lol as gently caress indeed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 14 minutes!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

While all this happened, a Trump Enemy has fallen

quote:

Man Down, a war thriller with Shia LaBeouf, grossed just £7 ($8.70) when it premiered in a single U.K. theater over the weekend, according to ComScore. That’s the equivalent of selling a single ticket, given that the U.K. Cinema Association puts the average movie admission cost in the country at £7.21.

World Record Failure. Sad

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Nichael posted:

I'm not gleeful the dude died, but I've met a lot of people in my life who did not vote for this insanity, who will be hurt by it. I feel like at the very least, there's a sliver of hope that when MAGA-cucks are hurt directly by Donny, they might come to their senses. Might.

Also, it was funny.

Regardless of what this is or isn't, I like McCain loudly proclaiming (yet again) that this is "real bad, you guys!" and then immediately doing the real bad thing.

"Gosh, I don't think we should shoot ourselves in the dick but I'm going to do it anyway because I've pledged my support to the party that spread secret black baby rumors about me."

old senators are institutionalists who don't like changing thing despite the fact that they're going to let leadership berate them into changing thing

same thing happened on the dem side with the reid rule :shrug:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
private man fulla gobshite i dinnae ask fer an no am no

och dry yer eyes ye feckless bawbag :argh:

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

CortezFantastic posted:

if u give into hate u become deplorable :3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shuOYVeAj40

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Chris James 2 posted:

We go now to Ed balls for his critique

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

best-case scenario gorsuch is also too dumb to do his job

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

like anyone who's pissed at mccain rn needs to go back and read some of the comments from dem types right before they voted "yes" on the reid rule change because they're basically the exact same

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

FAUXTON posted:

Coddling these stupid cretims after every time they gently caress themselves up is what separates man from beast you see, we stop advancing as a species when we stop twisting the world to the whims of what's basically a purpose built self-destructing automaton.

luv 2 empathize with people who doesn't join their death cult

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I keep thinking of Borscht whenever Gorusch is mentioned, written anywhere

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Chris James 2 posted:

Shia LaBeouf is actually really bad too and I'm glad he got a poor CumScore in BrexitLand

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
where your safe space now liberal ?? lol i say as i choke to death on sarin gas

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

like anyone who's pissed at mccain rn needs to go back and read some of the comments from dem types right before they voted "yes" on the reid rule change because they're basically the exact same

mccain does those comments before anything though

he's always like "this is bad, ill vote for it though"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Nichael posted:

Also, it was funny.

i feel tremendous empathy for people unknowingly being affected by trump, but i refuse to feel anything for loving chuds whose old horrible, reprehensible beliefs whose own stupid worldview ends up killing them. go back on that dude's timeline to like, any time a cop killed a black man, and see how you feel then i guess

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
trump is just the manifestation of humanity's first psyker

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

It's amazing to watch someone experience it though. Like take the smug afterglow of a trump voter screeching about ill eagles and splatter it up against her own god drat husband being deported. There have been quite a few people I've seen that kind of smug-terrified whiplash hit and it never gets old. They're teleported from the top of the world to a loving oubliette and left so fragile that pointing out that this is the price of seeing the finger close on the monkey's tiny orange paw breaks them. They almost utter the words "T-t-ttrump.... Baaad?" before succumbing to the shock of realizing they didn't just ask for this, they demanded it. The lady threatening to get "a lawyer" over her becoming a hated Mexican because her boy pervy wallbanger planned the wall that way. The wall she wanted. The wall she voted for. The wall she cackled about getting 10 feet higher.

Happy and fulfilled, wish it upon everyone.

YES.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
The young pepe

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

I'm not pissed specifically because of this. I'm annoyed that he has acted like some kind of firebrand for as long as I can remember and has never once delivered on any of that rhetoric when it counts. This is more of the same.

He's the "servile puppy dog" (to borrow the Zodiac Killer's phrasing) to the GOP. They hijack his campaign with Palin, they spread vile rumors about him, their nominee essentially called him a pussy, and he never stood up for himself. :sad:

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
the enemy isn't the brainwashed morons its the people doing the brainwashing

a million dead trump voters wont prevent a million more from taking their place tbh

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah this is why twitter bros are trying to convince me that copying a secondary source pretty much word for word so long as you cite the same primary sources isn't plagarism and it's amazing.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
maybe if more people bought pepsi for cops they would murder fewer people

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
you have to be psychically strong even in a deranged way to continhe to bend mattering to yohr will

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bump_fn posted:

where your safe space now liberal ?? lol i say as i choke to death on sarin gas

NO ONE LAUGH AT THIS POOR SOUL OR ELSE WE MIGHT LOSE HIS CORPSE'S VOTE IN 2018

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Baloogan posted:

if u give into hate u become deplorable :3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shuOYVeAj40

the emperor had some good ideas ok

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah this is why twitter bros are trying to convince me that copying a secondary source pretty much word for word so long as you cite the same primary sources isn't plagarism and it's amazing.

too many people avoided writing anything at all in college and got away with plagiarism, of course nobody knows a god drat thing.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

lmao if your not a literal saint who wishes no ill to anyone cos this is the standard to which i hold u

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

a real chump posted:

the enemy isn't the brainwashed morons its the people doing the brainwashing

a million dead trump voters wont prevent a million more from taking their place tbh

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TRUMP trump TRUMP TRUMPTRTUR MPT RUMP

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
i mean he crushed the capitalists in the trade federation war which was good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Schnorkles posted: