Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Ryon Healy Dinger God is my only 3B and after DL/NAing guys post draft, I have 4 open roster spots. Is Moustakas worth a flier or will he just hit .230 and chip in some homers and make me feel like a tool for not making Wacha or Ryu my top waiver priority?

The best 3B on the wire otherwise probably like Saladino, Profar, Gurriel, Polanco, and Flores :geno:

He good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the_american_dream posted:

I want to overreact and drop Buxton so bad

...why?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He wasn't great at the plate today

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

So like I previously said I managed to completely gently caress myself on closers in one league. I currently have Cam Bedrosian and Felipe Rivero (I picked Kelley for the WAS lotto and lost) and the wire is loving dire:

Is there anybody worth picking up there? I know Barraclough put up amazing numbers last year but he's got a lot of guys ahead of him. It seems like I'm just gonna have to try to swing a trade or just give up on SV. I'm tempted to pick up Capps but SD is so bad I don't think he'll get many save opportunities. I guess Nate Jones might be a "Grab him before he gets traded somewhere he'll close" guy?

Aroldys cause Johnson could turn into a pumpkin at any point?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Aroldys cause Johnson could turn into a pumpkin at any point?

I'll add him to the watchlist, thanks.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

He wasn't great at the plate today

one

day

calm down, everyone

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Too late, already cut Tanaka.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

one thing that did interest me today...bogaerts stealing 2 bases in 2 attempts. he tried another time but the ball was fouled off.

is this potentially a thing? he's never really stolen bases before so i'm not sure what to make of today's splurge. and one of them was 3b.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

Abel Wingnut posted:

one

day

calm down, everyone

Kris Bryant went 0-4 should I drop him??

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Yes he's on the cubs they never win anything

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010
I decided to add Pablo Sandoval even though I have Sano and Moustakas ...

I felt guilty. LOL

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Our goon league is saves and holds so I picked up Jeanmar Gomez to pick up saves until he's demoted to pick up holds and feel really clever about it

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Doltos posted:

Our goon league is saves and holds so I picked up Jeanmar Gomez to pick up saves until he's demoted to pick up holds and feel really clever about it

The era god hungers

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Pick up a bad closer so he gets demoted.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Abel Wingnut posted:

one thing that did interest me today...bogaerts stealing 2 bases in 2 attempts. he tried another time but the ball was fouled off.

is this potentially a thing? he's never really stolen bases before so i'm not sure what to make of today's splurge. and one of them was 3b.

If he stays at 6 in the lineup I don't know why they would take away his green light as long as he is having good success. That could change if he ends up getting shifted back to the top of the lineup.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jose Quintana oh dear.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rand alPaul posted:

Jose Quintana oh dear.

Not good

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
What do you think about jacoby jones

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

Yes Verlander yes!!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Abel Wingnut posted:

He actually had 11 steals in the first half last year then just didn't run in the second half for whatever reason. I don't find it unlikely that he'll crack 20 steals.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Jose Quintana oh dear.

Ah, so apparently at least part of my pitching staff imploding to start the season is going to be an annual thing I see.

Doghouse posted:

Yes Verlander yes!!

...thankfully one of my Quintana teams also has Verlander, Thor, and Carrasco (and Keuchel, Harvey, and Taillon) to see me through.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

My league's post draft waivers cleared today. I find it amusing that someone used all $100 of their waiver claim money on Jason Grilli.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He actually had 11 steals in the first half last year then just didn't run in the second half for whatever reason. I don't find it unlikely that he'll crack 20 steals.

thanks for this. that makes him a top 25 player in my book.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

resident posted:

My league's post draft waivers cleared today. I find it amusing that someone used all $100 of their waiver claim money on Jason Grilli.

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Is the razz ball podcast still bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Well Razz Ball is still loving insufferable so probably

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gallo bomb nice

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
0/10? Gary Sanchez sucks, drop him now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

0/10? Gary Sanchez sucks, drop him now.

Kris Bryant too. Ugh, trash.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
All I know is my pitching is perfect and there's no possible way it's going to go mind numbingly downhill from here

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

Doltos posted:

All I know is my pitching is perfect and there's no possible way it's going to go mind numbingly downhill from here

Which one of your expensive starters is dealing with "elbow soreness"?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Some poor fucker in one of my league has Tanaka, Jon Gray, Quintana, and Meloncon

I think I could just throw dogshit and do fine

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Just got this proposed to me last night:

Realmuto is currently my BUC (Posey is my starter), my OF outside of Eaton is:
  • Khris Davis
  • Kevin Kiermaier
  • Hunter Pence
  • Matt Kemp
  • Melky Cabrera
  • Aaron Judge
  • Danny Valencia

and my SPs are Taillon, Odorizzi, Gsellman, Strasburg, Stroman, and Wacha.

I'm more worried about losing Eaton more than Realmuto since I have Posey, but I feel like the trade doesn't really improve my team much beyond having another mid-rotation SP. I have pretty much no RP so I may counter to see if I can get one of Allen, Treinen or Oh.

(12-tm H2H, scoring is 5x5 + OBP/SLG, QS/L)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Inspector_666 posted:

• Khris Davis
  • Kevin Kiermaier
  • Hunter Pence
  • Matt Kemp
  • Melky Cabrera
  • Aaron Judge
  • Danny Valencia

I'm more worried about losing Eaton more than Realmuto since I have Posey, but I feel like the trade doesn't really improve my team much beyond having another mid-rotation SP. I have pretty much no RP so I may counter to see if I can get one of Allen, Treinen or Oh.

That scoring format kind of punishes you for not either going all in or punting on RPs. When you're in the middle they're really only contributing to one category out of seven, and you're going to lose that category to anyone who went in on it harder than you.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Inspector_666 posted:

• Khris Davis
  • Kevin Kiermaier
  • Hunter Pence
  • Matt Kemp
  • Melky Cabrera
  • Aaron Judge
  • Danny Valencia

Judging by your OF alone you have way too many batters.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Judging by your OF alone you have way too many batters.

Oh for sure, but as per my previous post about the RP situation there's pretty much nothing out there. There's also 8 bench spots and Valencia still has 3B elig on ESPN.

EDIT: One of the other owners just contacted me about a trade that would be me giving Bryant for Donaldson+Holland/Colome which is more appealing. Pulled the trigger on that one.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 5, 2017

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

"This game is postponed, better lock the players!"

So stupid.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

"This game is postponed, better lock the players!"

So stupid.

Yeah what the gently caress is up with that?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
What do y'all think about Tom Murphy? I've been pretty high on him the last two years. I legitimately think he has 25-30 HR power playing half his games in Coors, but he'd need 400+ PA to hit that and I don't think he gets it. He's got good, and improving, underlying numbers in his two (small sample size) call-ups; LD% was in the mid 20s, hard hit and HR/FB almost near 50%, and as far as I know, he's defense isn't so atrocious that he can't stick as a catcher without needing to move to the OF/DH. He's hurt now but I can't imagine the Rockies are going anywhere, so there should be incentive to at least give him a shot to prove he can be a every day catcher when he gets back, right? Does anyone think he's ready and can take the reigns? I grabbed him with my last pick in my keeper league and stashed him on the DL which is a pretty low-risk/high-reward gambit, but he's going to need to come out guns blazing for me to justify carrying two catchers and I'm not going to trade Perez unless I know I can conceivably replace him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

the_american_dream posted:

I want to overreact and drop Buxton so bad

• Locked thread