Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

quite stretched out posted:

what happens if the planet flies through one of the large gaps between the members

Isn't their entire clubhouse the transformed comatose body of one of their friends? Seems like a valid pick to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

PoptartsNinja posted:

Isn't their entire clubhouse the transformed comatose body of one of their friends? Seems like a valid pick to me!

Fortress Lad: Became a fortress to protect the Legion, then lost his memory and became frozen in that form as the Super-Hero Club House. Lol.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Fortress Lad: Became a fortress to protect the Legion, then lost his memory and became frozen in that form as the Super-Hero Club House. Lol.

:stare:

I thought you were making a joke. Then I went to Google.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

flosofl posted:

Jesus, that's worse than the Inhuman who turned into a magic gate.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Or the inhuman that turned into a teleporting dog.

Man, inhumans can get a really bad roll on powers.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also the Legion got their memories of meeting him wiped so they saw the fortress and thought "Free clubhouse, score!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I don't think I'd mind being Lockjaw. Be one of the most powerful members of a team with no actual responsibility and free treats and belly rubs.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

flosofl posted:

......holy poo poo, Legion!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Snark Lad: Boy if these walls could talk, eh?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That got retconned shortly after it was introduced. Lockjaw has always been a huge dog. They just told The Thing that as a joke.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

How much would it suck to have your only power be "I can fly" and then meet the loving Legion.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

The wonders of evolution

FWANG

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

David D. Davidson posted:

That got retconned shortly after it was introduced. Lockjaw has always been a huge dog. They just told The Thing that as a joke.

It's also possible Quicksilver was just being a dick when he told Ben Grimm that.
Edit:
http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/lockjaw.html

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 5, 2017

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

quite stretched out posted:

what happens if the planet flies through one of the large gaps between the members

"Looks like you're in charge this time, Small-Potted-Rubber-Plant-Next-To-The-Wall Boy!"

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The things that Fortress Boy must have seen his friends do.
I don't think he would ever want to go back to being a non-clubhouse.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CannonFodder posted:

So Braniac is the leader, he needs six more to make a team of seven, and there are a total of eight around the table. Nice try Winger.

One of the girls is standing, she's probably just serving drinks.

Actually, don't they have like 800 members? There's probably loads of them to hit offscreen.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

davidspackage posted:

One of the girls is standing, she's probably just serving drinks.

Actually, don't they have like 800 members? There's probably loads of them to hit offscreen.

Brainiac: *Sigh.* For the forty third mission in a row, the machine has selected Attracting-Balls-To-Her-Face Lass to be the leader of the mission.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Skwirl posted:

It's also possible Quicksilver was just being a dick when he told Ben Grimm that.
Edit:
http://zak-site.com/Great-American-Novel/lockjaw.html

Man, I love Lockjaw.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

The Question IRL posted:

Brainiac: *Sigh.* For the forty third mission in a row, the machine has selected Attracting-Balls-To-Her-Face Lass to be the leader of the mission.

To be fair, she is very popular.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

Man, I love Lockjaw.
You and everyone else, buddy.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Zeeman posted:

The wonders of evolution

FWANG

You'd think at least one Legionnaire would wonder about the humanoid head on the clubhouse roof.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Hispanic! At The Disco posted:

You'd think at least one Legionnaire would wonder about the humanoid head on the clubhouse roof.

You underestimate just how loving weird the daily life of a Legionnaire is.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Also, that is a pretty loving tiny clubhouse.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/ghweldon/status/849613981698453504
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/849638898011590656

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yvonmukluk posted:

You and everyone else, buddy.

Whenever people make TOP TEN COOLEST MARVEL CHARACTERS and Jonah Jameson and Lockjaw aren't on the list, I know they've never actually read a Marvel comic.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Zeeman posted:

The wonders of evolution

FWANG

I see the Fwangians never bothered to learn how to create buildings.

"Should we try using these rocks and metal on our planet to build permanent structures for safety at all hours?"

"Nah, just keep loving turning into silos."

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Slapstick #6

Kinda sad to see this series go. I'm not even remotely surprised by the cancellation, but it ended up being way more fun than it had any right to be. Also they finally completely backpedaled from the character's godawful personality from the first Civil War.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

Lurdiak posted:

Whenever people make TOP TEN COOLEST MARVEL CHARACTERS and Jonah Jameson and Lockjaw aren't on the list, I know they've never actually read a Marvel comic.

Mine is just SENTRY ten times in a row.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

joehonkie posted:

Mine is just SENTRY ten times in a row.
SHROOM

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

SilverSupernova posted:

Kinda sad to see this series go. I'm not even remotely surprised by the cancellation, but it ended up being way more fun than it had any right to be. Also they finally completely backpedaled from the character's godawful personality from the first Civil War.
Did they ever explain why he can't change back into a human anymore? I don't think they ever brought that up while he was in Deadpool.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Evil Mastermind posted:

Did they ever explain why he can't change back into a human anymore? I don't think they ever brought that up while he was in Deadpool.

They mentioned it way back in the first Civil War or The Initiative that the ability to switch back to Steve just stopped working. So yes, but not really.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Zeeman posted:

The wonders of evolution

FWANG
Fat-bottomed girls make the Planet Fwang go 'round.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Batman doesn't sit, either, but he seems to be okay doing that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Endless Mike posted:

Being a god taught him the benefits of sitting.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

His time as a New God opened his eyes to the power of chairs.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I don't see a chair in that panel, therefore it is conceivable that he's just squatting to keep himself fit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Keeshhound posted:

I don't see a chair in that panel, therefore it is conceivable that he's just squatting to keep himself fit.

He is hammering an unseen tire under the table.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I like superman staring at batman like "stop being impolite Bruce and have some goshdarn pie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

bunnyofdoom posted:

I like superman staring at batman like "stop being impolite Bruce and have some goshdarn pie"

"would it kill you to say thanks to my wife when she pours you coffee"