Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Are there any "tricks" to triggering a Blood Moon? I feel like I haven't had one in like a game week.

Just keep doing stuff, the blood moon is designed to reset changes made in the game world to save memory so pretty sure the more changes you make the quicker you'll get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I sat at a campfire on the pedestal and it auto-triggered it when a blood moon evening came up, so I guess if you want you can just spam the campfire to get it.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

WanderingKid posted:

Blood moons are weird though. Ive had 2 on consecutive days and the 2nd one was at 4:30pm. I guess something in the gameworld must have broke pretty badly?

Yeah, consensus is when that happens you need to restart your console.

I had a 5.30 pm one once and it creeped me out much more than I'd expect.

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

parallelodad posted:

The matter sword does it in two and is free.

Just be careful of anything wielding the antimatter sword; if the two swords touch, Ganon will be the least of Hyrules problems.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Spergatory posted:

What I want to know is: has anyone found a Horse with 5* speed, and if so, where? I've never gotten one with over 3*. I want to go fast, dangit!

EDIT: Also, IIRC, any Guardian Sword will also take out the legs in one hit. No need for big heavy bladesaws.

There's a quest to find a special horse at one of the stables. It'll tell you where to look. That one has 5 stars.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

There's a quest to find a special horse at one of the stables. It'll tell you where to look. That one has 5 stars.

The white one? The one I found only had 3 speed.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Runcible Cat posted:

Yeah, consensus is when that happens you need to restart your console.

I had a 5.30 pm one once and it creeped me out much more than I'd expect.

You don't have to restart the whole thing, just close Zelda (press X on the home screen) and reopen it.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I had some hilarity in the final boss fight when my horse got stuck in the wedge in Ganon's hoof and got launched into the stratosphere. I had to use Revali's Gale to get up in the air to hit the last spot on the top of his head. RIP horse that I tamed to see if I could do it and rode for five seconds a whole seventy hours ago.

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family

El Burbo posted:

The white one? The one I found only had 3 speed.
The white horse from the quest should have 5* speed, 3* strength, and 5* stamina IIRC. nvm, my memory is bad.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

MajorMarcus posted:

The white horse from the quest should have 5* speed, 3* strength, and 5* stamina IIRC.

Just had 5 stamina, 3 speed, 3 strength for me. Maybe 2 strength.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
My stubbornness paid off last night with Thunderblight Ganon. I was considering saying gently caress it and getting the Master Sword and Hylian Shield, but that rear end in a top hat made it personal and I was able to beat him actually surprisingly easy but I guess when you face off with someone 10 times you start to pick up some things. That final blow felt soooooooooooooooooooooooo good, man what a bastard he is!

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got around to Eventide last night, which was neat. I've finished Zora's Domain and have reached the Goron city, but have gotten too distracted by just going loving wherever to make any new progress. This is the perfect hour-before-bed game.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Spergatory posted:

What I want to know is: has anyone found a Horse with 5* speed, and if so, where? I've never gotten one with over 3*. I want to go fast, dangit!

EDIT: Also, IIRC, any Guardian Sword will also take out the legs in one hit. No need for big heavy bladesaws.

You can find excellent horses in the Upland lindor area, Northwest of Maag No'rah shrine, West-Southwest of Serenne Stable, directly south of hebra tower across the canyon. If you go looking for a Talus, you're in the right spot.

The stat breakdowns for those horses are (Strength/Speed/Stamina):
5/3/5
4/4/5
2/5/3

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Apr 5, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Or get an ssb4 Link amiibo and enjoy your five five five docile horsefriend Epona

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Epona is great. I need to start using smash Link more to get myself the twilight gear, though.

FooF
Mar 26, 2010
Just to see if the Devs planned for it:

I rode The Lord of the Mountain all the way to the Horse Fairy. Alas, no interesting dialogue. Though if you try to do the horse race near that stable, the guy who gives the race says something fun. I did find that the Lord didn't immediately run off as soon as I dismounted. It actually stood there for quite a bit and even ate an apple.

I have yet to find a 5* speed horse. Come to think of it, I've never found a 1* anything.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
:psyduck: I was carrying a rock to a korock formation, and there was also a wolf running around slying tracking me. As I was moving towards the formation, the wolf ran at me and right at the point where it was right in front of me, behind the rock from the point of the view of the camera, it completely vanished. The rock stole its soul.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I was wandering around and encountered some Fire Keese. I shot an arrow at one, missed, but the arrow caught on fire and hit a wolf behind it, killing it and giving me a seared prime steak. This fuckin' game :allears:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

:psyduck: I was carrying a rock to a korock formation, and there was also a wolf running around slying tracking me. As I was moving towards the formation, the wolf ran at me and right at the point where it was right in front of me, behind the rock from the point of the view of the camera, it completely vanished. The rock stole its soul.

is that what those circle of rocks are for? am i supposed to find a rock to fill them in to find a korok?

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

How Rude posted:

is that what those circle of rocks are for? am i supposed to find a rock to fill them in to find a korok?

Yes.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

cool, glad i marked them on my map then :)

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh god silver bokoblins with fire arrows on horseback :gonk:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Oh god silver bokoblins with fire arrows on horseback :gonk:

As with anything else in this game, stasis+.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
fire arrows always gently caress up my poo poo and bring me down to a single quarter heart without defense buffs, though I might just be neglecting to wear actual armor

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

How Rude posted:

fire arrows always gently caress up my poo poo and bring me down to a single quarter heart without defense buffs, though I might just be neglecting to wear actual armor

Enemy elemental/bomb arrows in general are always real nasty, and the slight AoE doens't help matters.

I have convinced myself lightning arrows hurt more than more important lightning themed enemies. "I'm sure now that I have further upgraded equipment, I have nothing to worry about anymore from regular lightning arrows-loving HELL! Right, turning around to unlock the thunder helm it is."

If I had to be more honest I expect they in reality do as much/less damage, but are merely much more annoying. That poo poo still hurts even with topaz earrings and rank 2/3 equipment.

EDIT: Hmm, I wish I knew how much type resistance compared to raw defense. At what point does a single stack of lightning resist (particularly when you've had bad luck finding topaz and are slumming it with rank 1 jewelry with rank 2+ armor) become worse than just wearing a better helmet?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Apr 5, 2017

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I just noticed a poster in one of the stables with a recipe on it. I'm gonna go see if there's a different one in each stable.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I just noticed a poster in one of the stables with a recipe on it. I'm gonna go see if there's a different one in each stable.

There is. And some shops.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Jonas Albrecht posted:

My camera was filling up with all of the recipes that I (didn't) make. Too much effort for literally no payoff.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I'm not convinced by the description for the seared whole bird. Something about it only being "barely kissed" by flamed. You should cook your birds thoroughly no

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Drewjitsu posted:

My camera was filling up with all of the recipes that I (didn't) make. Too much effort for literally no payoff.

Well the payoff here is really just having an excuse to do another stable to stable ride.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I'm not convinced by the description for the seared whole bird. Something about it only being "barely kissed" by flamed. You should cook your birds thoroughly no

Perhaps it is slow-roasted and seared at the end by brief exposure to direct flame?

...I'm thinking too hard about video game food.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so is there a way to get a hole in one on the Golf minigame?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

spit on my clit posted:

No, and gently caress that cheating goron.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

spit on my clit posted:

There's a golf mini game?!?!?!

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

weird Asian candy posted:

There's a golf mini game?!?!?!

If I recall it's under the Tabantha Great Bridge

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

spit on my clit posted:

Correct.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

spit on my clit posted:

I found it by accident when I shot at the dragon as it was flying under the bridge and I had to collect my loot.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Lobster posted:

I found it by accident when I shot at the dragon as it was flying under the bridge and I had to collect my loot.

:same:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

You can also find it by talking to a kid at the stable right next to the bridge who mentions loud noises coming from under the bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I am learning I am not exploring this game nor talking to people nearly as much as I should. Just looked up a youtube video on it, now I gotta go do it!